Thread: Handgun Testing Standards

Blog Entries

Handgun Testing Standards

Aoa fellow gunners. With the recent excitement around torture tests, I was reading up and found quite some references to NATO d14 WTD 91 mentioned as industry standard tests. However I couldnt find what procedures exactly are included in the said. Requesting members to share any information regarding these 2 or any other industry standards.
    I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it

Enthusiast
    http://www.bwb.org/01DB022000000001/...stellen_HomeEN (http://www.bwb.org/01DB022000000001/...stellen_HomeEN)

The Bundeswehr Technical Center for Weapons and Ammunition (WTD 91) belongs to the BWB organization. It is located in Meppen (Lower Saxony) and was founded in 1957.
    WTD 91 is the technology competence center for weapons and ammunition used by the Bundeswehr.
    WTD 91 covers an area of 200 square kilometres and is thus the largest instrumented firing range in Western Europe.

The Bundeswehr Technical Center for Weapons and Ammunition

conducts experiments and analyses as well as integrated compliance demonstrations as defined by the CPM (Customer Product Management) procedural regulations;
    manages research and technology (R&T) projects;
    provides technical support for armaments projects;
    and is responsible for the technical support of defense material during the in-service phase.During the years since its establishment, the test center has grown into a multi-purpose institution for investigating, testing and evaluating:

weapons and weapon systems, any type of ammunition, rockets and missiles and UAVs;
    optical and optronic equipment for reconnaissance and fire control, acoustic devices as well as meteorological and geodetic equipment;
    shelters and protective installations, matters related to armor protection.In the fields of ballistics, acoustics, optronics and meteorology, WTD 91 is the only center of competence within the armaments sector.

Guys one question, how is the process to buy guns in pakistan?, thank you!
    i want to live in the khybar pass!!!!

Blog Entries
    thanks salman! Very Helpful information. Anything on torture tests? anyone?
    I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it

Enthusiast
    i think ur asking abt the Caracal tests :
    They hv them listed on their certificate

http://www.caracal.ae/new/certificates.php

Enthusiast
    How these tests are conducted and what exactly these 18 tests are, I cant seem to get a hand of, But then again, I cant be asked downloading the PDF files and what not, If I hv time , I guess ill search around.
    However, I think I can trust the manufacturer to not be useing a forged document, so Ill trust them.
    People tend to confuse Nato Standards of manufacture and Nato Weapon testing standards, and claim certain Darra TT's and Turkish weapons hv Nato certification,( and hence implying the caracal is just ordinary in that respect) which is a whole different ball game as far as I can tell. Also the Nato standard of Manufacturing is apparently factory claimed, not 3rd party certification.