Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baikal MP-153: Discussion and Pics by Abbas

Baikal MP-153: Discussion and Pics by Abbas

what is the current market price and availibilty of New and Used Baikal MP 153 in u r area.... i am planning to buy 1

Don't know about the current price...but yes it is available in Lahore.And i find it really good...go for it man...:)

@ Asad Sheikh.... bro i know its a good gun .... trying to find one for my friend... its not available in market(isb/raw)...... more over market is flooded by MP153 clones not orignal...

Ahan...i never knew that even MP 153 is having clones...

AoA everybody!

Baikal MP153 is a superb semi auto shotgun. built like a tank and special focus on the ugliness. but reliable as hell. its a sin to compare to any turkish shotgun manufacturer. I have broken quiet a few turkish shotguns to learn this the hard way.

@bluff, if you are planning to buy MP153, my advise would be to go for synthetic model, dont go for wood, i've experienced wood cracking/swelling. nasty thing to experience. go for sythetic, cause its more handy, not that graceful looking i'll admit.

and one more thing: try to find latest model if u can. dont go for pre 2005 models, the choke threads were not aligned by then, they aligned it by 2006. and another thing, post 2005 models were built as per Remington Quality Specifications. u can visuall tell the difference, fatter magazine plug, slotted shell catcher, chokes are marked for lead and steel, cocking lever is more wider than before.

I have used previous models, but personally i like 06 or 07 quality, i would recommend go for serial number that starts with 07 or 06. the one i own is 07. its the latest you could find in the Pakistani Market. they are the most rarest due to the on-going border situation.

one more thing: dont buy it from Lahore, old models and rediculously priced, dont buy it from ISB/RWP too. i would recommend buying it from Peshawar, i've heard they are alot cheaper there, plus somebody told me you could find latest, probably 08 model. I havent seen 08 in Pakistan as of now.

and if u shoot skeet/hunt often, then i would recommend stay away from external chokes, but if u fire steel shots often then external chokes are awesome. actually external chokes are installed internally too, they just protrude a bit out of the barrel to give an imperssion of external chokes. my 07 has both internal flush mounted chokes and external chokes (they are actually called extended chokes). I have the practical shooting model, it comes with fiber optic sights and stock spacers but other than that its pretty much a basic model. oo yea, one more thing, practical shooting model comes with two sets of chokes, flush and extended.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

@12 gauge
    whats the price tag on baikal 5 shot.are magzine extension avalaible for baikal?

@mitho

well, baikal mp153 should be around 50K, any more and i personally feel its unreasonble. however given the current border situation, i think even 55K will do. these days i'm even hearing cheap turkish semi autos being sold at around 50K, such a shame.

about the magazine extension, hmmmmm... hard to say, need to look around, cause usually they are not available, ones i've seen only add like 1 extra cartridge. absolutely useless.

Regards.

@12 guage ... i have two of them with wooden and synthetic stock type. i was looking it for a friend of mine ....
    @Mitho .. bhai no after market mods are available for baikal.

I dont know about you guys... I would rather buy a Turkish one as the parts would be readily available in the market if anything goes wrong.
    Why use a Russian gun when you have choices in other?
    A government resting on the minority is an aristocracy, not a Republic, and could not be safe with a numerical and physical force against it, without a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace.

James Madison, The Federalist Papers (No. 46).

+1 Khalidsh but u know in Pakistan specially you can clone even a Man :lol: and produce even better than orignal LOLZ

Quote Originally Posted by Bluff
    what is the current market price and availibilty of New and Used Baikal MP 153 in u r area.... i am planning to buy 1
    Bluff have you found any?new or used? and you said something about Baikal Clones...are they Chinese?Havent seen Local copy of Baikal yet.
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Enthusiast
    There was a slightly used one at Ammar&Co. khi. The condition was pretty nice. Final demand was 38k.

@Ka-Khan Bhai .... not yet but as useual i have asked my friend to wait ... next month i am planning to visit Jamrud again... i hope i ll find a good shotgun.
    Moreover till now i have seen two Darra Made Clones of MP153.. one in Nowshehra and one in Mianwali..... never seen Chinese one... the one in Nowshehra was execlent and was of app the same weight. but the one in mianwali was ok.

Both with fixed chokes.. a friend of mine saw one copy in lahore with variable chokes.

@Osam bhai ... was it wooden or synthetic, and is it with variable chokes or fixed.

interesting..... clone of a budget gun (Baikal). hehehehehe. whats the fun in that?

as if cloning a famous italian brand wasnt enough already. if one's gonna clone, clone a honda or mercedes, why clone mehran? and if one's gonna buy a clone watch, buy cloned omega, rolex, why buy a cloned seiko, casio (budget japanese stuff).

one more thing: i said budget=good for value. not cheap.

Regards.

@12 guage..... yes its a valid point but again i wonder why pakistani market is full of Darra made .30 tt and people buy them more than origanl ones.
    i dont know...... but i think it is basically the demand that makes the market not the price.

Enthusiast
    @Bluff, it was in wooden stock.

i wonder why pakistani market is full of Darra made .30 tt and people buy them more than origanl ones.
    hmm...i've got no experience with pistols but i think that demand fro 0.30 tt should be because its pak made hence available at much lower rates than original foreign made pistols.

however, i'm merely trying to make a point that if one has to buy a clone, he/she should buy a clone of an expensive gun rather than clone of what is already a budget gun in a first place.

Regards.

Finally ... guys bought one Baikal 153 for my friend at 33 k from rawalpindi ....
    its 2nd hand but never used ... 3 choke tubes, wooden stock... according to papers the gun was purchased from peshwar in dec 2006 on 37k