Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Intruder Defense Bag

Intruder Defense Bag

Please suggest the items to prepare the Intruder defense bag. Also please give the location where we find these items easily and mention cost.

Thanks
    "Prepare against them what you are able of power." [Qur’an, 8:60]

@ Jaffer: Brother, can you kindly elaborate what sort of a use you would put this 'bag' for? What sort of a situation? where would you put this 'bag'? is it for some sort of an emergency involving intruders? But where? in a house or apartment or office? Do you have children in the house? etc
    Arma potentius aequum!

You might try adding a large Maglite such as 4D-6D and make sure to use Alkaline(heavier) batterys in it. With a large flashlight you can identify people in the dark(family/friend or "intruder") and if they don't run away you have a nice club(according to my cousin who is in law enforcement its best to hit them on the arm or leg never the face or top of head.)

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    @ Jaffer: Brother, can you kindly elaborate what sort of a use you would put this 'bag' for? What sort of a situation? where would you put this 'bag'? is it for some sort of an emergency involving intruders? But where? in a house or apartment or office? Do you have children in the house? etc
    Dear Trajan; It should be on a safe location where we can carry it in an emergency situation and keep it out of reach of children . We can prepare it for House, Car and Office separately. Following are the list of items should be part of my suggested intruder defense bag:

1) Loaded Handgun 2) Extra Magazines 3) Flashlight (2 Pcs) 4) Extra battery/Cells 5) Pocket knife 6) Gloves 7) First Aid Kit 8) Cell Phone with balance 9) Ropes 10) Digital recorder 11) Digital Camera 12) Binoculars 13) Duplicate Keys of your house and car 14) Black T-Shirt 15) Bullet proof vest 16) Pepper Spray 17) Screw driver 18) Multi-Plier 19) Note pad with Pen 20) drinking water etc.

Hope you understand

Pakguners suggestions are welcome
    Last edited by jaffar; 03-10-2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: addition of items

Brother: Kindly correct me if i am wrong but is this to be a bug-out bag? which is more or less a portable kit containing items you would require to survive during an evacuation for a set period of time in case of an actual or imminent disaster (earthquake? possible Tsunami?). If this is the purpose, then i would not refer it to as an 'intruder bag'. If you want things handy to protect yourself from an intruder then instead of a bag, just keep appropriate weapon(s) with flashlight (preferably integrated) in handy/secure locations where you can access them quickly (having it on person , or in the case of an office maybe under your desk, or in your bedroom at your side).

for a bug out bag, i wouldnt want the bag to be too heavy in case roads are compromised (gridlocked/ damaged) but other than the things you have mentioned, i would also add the following:
    1- some sort of a fire starter (a lighter? matches?)
    2- Map of the area / city
    3- Compass
    4- cash and change (banks / atms would not be running in a possible disaster).
    5- plastic sheeting ( can be used for a temp shelter or to lay on the ground).
    etc.
    6- dry food / biscuits/ chocolates etc.
    7- some water and maybe water purification tablets maybe?
    8- a small portable radio? to listen to emergency broadcasts/ news etc?
    9- plastic coated copies of your identification like CNIC.

before making such a bag i would first analyze for how long i would need the supplies to last me for? if you are in a jungle than a SURVIVAL bag is what would be needed which would need more supplies.

If you really want to make such a bag, first order of business would be to clearly figure out for how long you would need to survive and how far would you think you would need to go in order to survive.

If you dont want to evacuate , then just keep supplies in your home in a secure place for an emergency like situation.

a lot of survivalists are into these things and live by their BOBs (bug out bags) on the other hand a lot of people are against such elaborate bags as fruitless spending. i would suggest you best choose for yourself the option based on what your requirements are.
    Last edited by Trajan; 03-10-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spellings/ modification to list
    Arma potentius aequum!

this is a good thread.........im gonna make a bugout bag......the way things are going i think all of us should....

Dear Trajan bro, this is not a survival kit like you mention. It is simple an intruder bag which use in the situation like burglary, trespassing and attack on your house. Importance of Survival Kit is another topic which covers the Natural Disaster and man made disaster like Bomb blast, War etc.

I just want to prepare intruder defense bag with all your valuable, experienced and useful suggestions. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaffar View Post
    Dear Trajan bro, this is not a survival kit like you mention. It is simple an intruder bag which use in the situation like burglary, trespassing and attack on your house. Importance of Survival Kit is another topic which covers the Natural Disaster and man made disaster like Bomb blast, War etc.

I just want to prepare intruder defense bag with all your valuable, experienced and useful suggestions. Thanks
    @ Jaffer Brother: Thank you for your clarification. Actually, personally, i just keep a shotgun with integrated torch as a primary home defense weapon with a handgun as a secondary. Since, i never foresee an organized 'attack' on my home by large groups of 'armed' people i don't really bother with anything else. Things like Binoculars, screw drivers, pliers etc probably would never be needed in my situation. Situations like digital recorder/ digital camera can be replaced by a good cell phone which would do the job of three things in one. Though a good first aid kid should be essential for any home . Of course, this is because of my personal requirements. Your requirements/needs or just choice may be for a more elaborate situation so by all means have a fully loaded intruder bag
    Arma potentius aequum!

Supreme Member
    Here's what i have at hand:

All this is in a Simple canvas satchel with a leg tie installed

3 spare mags(Handgun)
    4 reloads (handgun)
    Spare torch
    Keys to front and back door
    Set of Ids(copies)
    25 shotgun shells (15 SG and 10 slugs)
    2 large,2 medium bandages
    Sugar in a carry bottle
    small bottle of water
    There are only TWO times when you can have too much ammo... When you are on fire or when you are drowning...

Find below the pictures of Intruder defense bag
    Name:  idb1.jpg
Views: 1718
Size:  69.5 KBName:  idb.jpg
Views: 1503
Size:  44.9 KBName:  idb2.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  60.6 KB

hey i want to post pics of my IDB but how do i do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Faisji View Post
    Here's what i have at hand:

All this is in a Simple canvas satchel with a leg tie installed

3 spare mags(Handgun)
    4 reloads (handgun)
    Spare torch
    Keys to front and back door
    Set of Ids(copies)
    25 shotgun shells (15 SG and 10 slugs)
    2 large,2 medium bandages
    Sugar in a carry bottle
    small bottle of water

@ Faisji : brother, why carry sugar in a bottle? can you kindly elaborate? thanks
    Arma potentius aequum!

Thumbs up bro for quoting the verse.
    "Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft". Roosevelt

"A 9mm might expand to .45, but a .45 will never shrink to 9mm".

"Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement".

no intruder bag... just grab a shotgun and a torch!
    Last edited by KAKA; 09-10-2011 at 12:38 AM.

and wear this on waist:
    Name:  waist pouch.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  48.8 KB
    it can carry multiple small items, e.g. toffies, multitool, small mirror, whistle, pocket knife, pocket flash light... etc...
    Last edited by KAKA; 09-10-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    @ Faisji : brother, why carry sugar in a bottle? can you kindly elaborate? thanks
    It's a cheap and effective energy booster.High stress situation Often lead to body releasing sugars and high energy components followed by release of insulin that causes a crash-like situation in the body.

I found that during endurance training and a couple of real-life scenarios that the best way to maintain the constant high level of energy it is necessary to use sugar.
    There are only TWO times when you can have too much ammo... When you are on fire or when you are drowning...

It's a cheap and effective energy booster.High stress situation Often lead to body releasing sugars and high energy components followed by release of insulin that causes a crash-like situation in the body.

I found that during endurance training and a couple of real-life scenarios that the best way to maintain the constant high level of energy it is necessary to use sugar.
    Dear Faisji, thanks for the idea of Sugar as a part of the list

@ Faisji: How about one of those energy drinks that have sugar AND caffeine and one does not have to worry about their storage with bugs etc getting /growing in them?
    Last edited by Trajan; 10-10-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: spellings
    Arma potentius aequum!

Today I bought an Intruder Defense Bag in just Rs.200/= from Chawala Market Karachi for refurbished items.
    Name:  idb.jpg
Views: 1876
Size:  88.9 KB
    In picture you can clearly see my Stoeger Cougar with my license, extra Magazine and Flashlight. There are more space left for good compact knife, rope, gloves, keys etc.

Jaffar Bro nice bag. Can you please advice where the Chawla market is? Also please advice shop number if you remember. I am very much interested in buying one for me.

Thanks & regards,
    "Apologizing does not mean that you are wrong and the other one is right... It simply means that you value the relationship much more than yourego"