Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Original Russian TT's in Pakistan Market ?

Yesterday I a saw a original Russian TT with a friend, with its unique slide pattern, I was amazed how beautiful condition in it was, instead of that it was almost 80 years old piece and made in 1937 during world war II

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Err, that would be before world war two. USSR entered the greatpatriotic war thanks to Hitler's operation Barbarossa circa mid 1941.

But the war era Toks I have seen were pretty crude since, in the cauldron of total war the life of a red army soldier was measured in minutes. A 1944 version did not even have rear sights at all. And its not that they were missing otherwise the tool marks would have been clearly visible, but they simply did not exist.

However, the prewar Toks were pretty nicely made as were the post war ones.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Err, that would be before world war two. USSR entered the greatpatriotic war thanks to Hitler's operation Barbarossa circa mid 1941.

But the war era Toks I have seen were pretty crude since, in the cauldron of total war the life of a red army soldier was measured in minutes. A 1944 version did not even have rear sights at all. And its not that they were missing otherwise the tool marks would have been clearly visible, but they simply did not exist.

However, the prewar Toks were pretty nicely made as were the post war ones.
    Very nice info

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon_Strike View Post
    Very nice info
    I love Russian Toks.. They have so much of history attached to em... And well Russia invented em after all. sooo they will always remain 1st amongst equals when it comes to TT making countries all over the world. IMHO
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com