Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Akdal Mini 06 Pictures and Review

Blog Entries
    Salams, day before I went to the market to return my Akdal Ghost swearing never to touch another Akdal product again. As fate would test a gun lovers resolve in the very next shop I saw the Akdal Mini06. :|

Some eye candy below and then some first impressions.

Small and adorable.

Size comparison with a Nokia 5800. (to give a rough idea of the portability of the pistol)

Size comparison with the Taurus 145 (chambered in .45 ACP)

A rough guide to bullet sizes for new members.

The PT145's .45 ammo vs the Akdal Mini's .22 LR ammo.

Just a picture taken to show how much powder solvent is required to clean guns. My bottle of Hoppes powder solvent just finished after about 15 months of use. On average I cleaned about 3/4 guns a week which translates into 200+ guns cleaned per bottle. Less is more :)

First impressions:

The Mini06 is available in two calibers in our markets, the versatile and cheaply available .22 LR and the slightly more powerful .25 ACP. I opted for the .22 LR as I already have a wide variety of .22 ammo stockpiled.

Before buying I checked out atleast 5 other pieces and all had different triggers. The one I bought had the softest so I went for it. The Mini is a really great gun to hold, fits snugly in your hand. The plastic grip and the upwards curving magazine plate secure the pistol in your hand firmly. With a normal pistol three fingers hold the weapon grip whereas with the Mini there is only space for a two finger grip, but it is secure and comfortable. The pistol is the most point able weapon I have ever held simply because it is so small that with your finger on the trigger the pistol ends 4 centimeters from it.

The build quality is decent and the gun feels quite solid at 500g. Just as a side note and to appreciate Glocks I would like to mention that the weight of the full size Glock 17 is 625g ! The Mini holds 8+1 rounds although the 8th round fits so tight in the magazine that I doubt even cocking the slide will chamber it.

The gun itself has a 2.5 inch fixed barrel, fixed iron sights which are part of the pistol and is hammer fired. There is no slide realize or decocker and the pistol dis assembly latch also serves as a manual safety to carry in 'cocked and locked' mode :cool:

After fiddling around and reading the manual multiple times I could not disassemble the pistol. It's not complicated infact very simple, the dis assembly lug should popout like the Canik's / CZ75's but it does not.

Apart from that there's nothing much to say about this little pistol except you can carry it around in your pocket and forget it's there. I will test it at the range InshAllah this coming weekend. It should be interesting as most rimfire (.22) pistols are ammo sensitive.

It sells for 25 K and is available at PARA, Lahore.

Congrats, waiting for range report
    Been there, Done that

Nice Abbas Bro. waiting 4 range report!
    Qaim Khani

MashAllah Congrats chief for mini hope very soon we see range report of mini

it is also vary beautiful like your pervious akdal but i hope it will work batter...

Rookie
    hope its result is better than the ghost :)
    When In Doubt ....... Empty The Magazine !

Abbas Sb waiting anxiously for the range results. Also you are right that .22 Pistols are ammo sensitive. Please do try different ammo types that you have stock piled on this little beauty!

One more thing, you said you chose the one with the lightest trigger. Pistols which take/fire Rim fire ammo are very sensitive, as far as accidental fire is concerned. Does the Mini offer trigger or firing pin safety??
    Take care of your gun and your gun will take care of you!

Congrats on the new purchase , as mentioned by others.......we are all waiting for your range report !
    Btw whats with the scratches and is there a crack on the rear sight or another scratch ? Was it NIB ?
    In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women..........(From the movie Scarface)

Blog Entries
    @All Thank you.

@Mangloo Ramzani The pistol itself is single action only and there is a safety akin Cz-75/Canik etc which enables one to carry it with a round in the chamber and the hammer cocked but I would never consider carrying it on cocked and locked mode. It's an Akdal after all :) Will test througly with different ammo types.

@MianTaimur The rear sight is fine, I think there was a piece of fiber on it. It is NIB. Btw I don't know why the Akdal's are so non photogenic, pictures makes them look banged up. Perhaps the camera has a special insight into the Akdal's soul and is trying to tell us to stop buying and reviewing POS Akdal weapons ;)

Nice addition sir
    Do all Turkish weapons spell their country like Turkiye ? How many twist are their in its barrel ? Can we have stripped gun view, regards

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    Btw I don't know why the Akdal's are so non photogenic, pictures makes them look banged up. Perhaps the camera has a special insight into the Akdal's soul and is trying to tell us to stop buying and reviewing POS Akdal weapons ;)
    :lol:

Looks nice and very portable/concealable in the looks/appearance dept. Waiting anxiously to see the results in the performance dept.

Nice addition to our existing handguns reviews database.

Congrats bro ! I like it !
    What's the magazine capacity ?

lol chief. another akdal. :) i am sure akdal are trying hard to convince the chief of pakguns. the nike joggers and the ghost were the failed attempts. let's see how this one turns out. i sincerely hope this one performs well and doesn't show FTF that is very common in .22lr pistols. and if it does perform well, the married members would have a cost effective gun to present to their better halves. :)
    i am the master of my unspoken words and slave to those that should have remained unspoken. -----Hazrat Ali (R.A)

Abbas bhai congrats, and hope the gun lives up to your expectations.
    "Facta Non Verba"

Enthusiast
    Congrats Abbas..really looking forward to your review. I've actually been looking for this pistol for weeks now, but can't seem to find it in khi. went all over the luck star area and also checked with DAAD and the new shop on zamzama. you have a client if you ever wish to sell it :)

Still remember the look on your face Abbas bro when you held this little Plinker/Head-exploder. :D

Performance or no performance, I'm sure you're not going to part with it anytime soon! Remember that bit about "Cool-to-look-at paper weights"?!?! ;)
    Criminals are the biggest advocates of Gun-Control. When it's in place, they have the gun and they're in control.

Looking forward to try this baby at range
    “Action without thought is like shooting without aim.”

@ haider Shah. Turkey in turkish language is written and pronounced as Turkiye :)

Member Emeritus
    Looking forward for the range report.

@ R Shahreyar, thanks for the update