Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Guns and the Steps Involved in Their Purchase

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

Local Guns and the Steps Involved in Their Purchase

I have been meaning to write this for some time. My email address is present on my posts so I get a lot of emails from both visitors and members here. Most of them centre around one topic alone.

A typical conversation goes something like this:

Step 1:

“ED-Bhai-please-suggest- best-local-gun-ammo-combination-under-25.”

As in which local guns and ammo I would recommend.

Step 2:

I explain in detail the total number of local weapons I have owned. How one pump action shotgun I bought literally fell apart in my hands when I pumped the action. (Jeez, what on Earth is someone supposed to do with a pump action, if not to pump the action?)

To date I have owned 7 local shotguns, 2 local pistols and one local rifle ( I currently own 2 local weapons). All of them had one thing in common. They gave me grief.

I explain in detail why I don’t recommend local weapons based on my own personal experiences. If the links are working I would refer them to my old threads. Once I was with the good Deathrow at the range.

We saw a local TT explode and the good Deathrow provided first aid. He personally extracted the firing pin from just below the eye socket of the man’s face. It was not a pretty sight.

The good Plocky bought a Plock ( local Glock) and it blew up in his Mrs’ hands. Many local polymer offerings don’t have actual weapon’s grade polymer, but plastic grains (dana). The kind you use to make toys. (Has anyone seen RAC’s transparent plastic Glock 19?)

Unless, you know the man making it on a personal level, ‘D.O.N’T' buy local polymer offerings. (and please don’t give em to your Mrs for heaven’s sake: I mean, if you don’t like her, just get a divorce!)

My primary advice for people who cannot buy an imported fire arm is to get a .32 ACP pistol or even a .32 SnW Long calibre revolver. Me and Deathrow and the good Zero and the good Pirate (yes that is a bit of an oxymoron) have tested em on Gelatin gel and they penetrate adequately for SD purposes.

The Fiocchi JHPs also expand pretty well too. I even send the people videos of our tests. If we carry a weapon and ammo combo for SD, we want to be sure they will work - if God forbid, they are needed.

Step 3:

“Thank you very much ED bhai for your support. I won’t touch a local gun I know nothing about“ goes the man.

Now me, I go through life happy over a job well done.

Step 4

Unfortunately, as sure as the sun goes down. There is a a step 4 and it goes something like this:

• “ED bhai, I bought a local Parreta, (after reading everything your wrote to me) Plock, Pegana, Paurus and its takkar (slide stop)broke. (The guy it happened to, he got his RAC Paurus PT 92 repaired a few times, till it went out of battery permanently and injured the shooter when he persisted in shooting it.)

Second time, it happened to a Parreta . Man gave it back at a fraction of the cost he had bought it for.

(Both of these gents now prefer being unarmed. A smart move since being armed with a glorified gun shaped paper weight is not much better).

• ED bhai, the gun is slathered in oil but it seems to be rusting away by itself. Like, what do you expected from a gun made of melted iron scrap? (this was day before yesterday).

• ED bhai, my gun blew up and I lost my hand.

• ED bhai, my gun exploded and I lost my life and now I am a ghost.

As night follows day, these four steps follow each other in my mailbox. Day after day, month after month, year after year.

Many people have already made the purchase and are suffering from a bit of cognitive dissonance and want me to validate their purchase.

Brother, it’s your life, your money and your decision. You don’t need my validation if you have already made up your mind!

The purpose of this thread is to use the link for my next “ED-bhai- please-suggest-best-local-gun-ammo-combination-under-25k" email. They can go from steps 1 to 4 without my involvement.

P.S If the dealer says: “VVVIP gun (it isn’t) and I am giving your lifetime guarantee (He isnt’) and bring it to us whenever you want, if anything goes wrong (don’t)."
    Last edited by Enigmatic Desires; 06-04-2021 at 01:47 AM.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

P.P.S: Whatever you do, never ever purchase a local .30 offering on a platform chambered for a 9mm. The Berreta 92 FS platform is meant for 9mm. Chambering it in .30 bore means the slide stop eventually shears away and the slide goes off the rails backwards, and basically rearranges the shooter's jaw.

Even worse are polymer 9mm local pistols forcibly chambered for .30 bore, shooting local ammo without regard to powder content.

This combo is just.. just...
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Love your persistence and determination to help folks and newbies like myself.

I will share this thread to friends who ask me the same questions, too. Although, I think if you add some images of plocky's plock, others plocks pigs perettas pauruses etc too, that may help reinforcing the point. (for image sharing, you can use imgur.com)
    Never Advice Good Advice ---- Someone Might Take It

Quote Originally Posted by Saad4k View Post
    Love your persistence and determination to help folks and newbies like myself.

I will share this thread to friends who ask me the same questions, too. Although, I think if you add some images of plocky's plock, others plocks pigs perettas pauruses etc too, that may help reinforcing the point. (for image sharing, you can use imgur.com)
    Thanks for the vote of confidence good Saad4k. I try to follow your signature, but its second part is almost never true.

I will ask the good Plocky to share the pics of his exploded Plock. I will use them in my Ghulam Ali and Sons review.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence good Saad4k. I try to follow your signature, but its second part is almost never true.

Some people do take your good advices. Others get cracked frames..
    Never Advice Good Advice ---- Someone Might Take It

Good writeup ED....

Quote Originally Posted by TsAr View Post
    Good writeup ED....
    Thanks, good TsAr

Rookie
    Most comprehensive and honest review. Hats off to you Sir ED.
    No passion, no glory,, Same damn story!!!

very well explained ED bro but still some people want to buy them because they are made of 4140 steel and have life time warranty.

Guys i think if you are not a fan of the .32 lama pistol wait and buy a Chinese weopon original norinco or you can buy other chinese made weopons in a say medium range honestly its better to buy a used imported weopon then a local made pistol imported weopons are made with exact parameters they dont fail you even if you are a crappy marksmanship

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Thanks, good TsAr
    I think the Chinese firearm is a better option on a low budget or say medium

This was an excellent read. ED, your advice sounds wise, but I agree it will not be heeded enough. Although I would truly love to collect an example of every cartridge available in Pakistan, I don't think I would ever try to shoot any. I am fortunate and thankful that I have the opportunity to buy some excellent guns, both foreign and domestic, old and new, and not have to be overly concerned about their safety. As I think I posted on a previous thread, sometimes you just have to cry once and pay too much instead of paying too little and crying a lot. My carry gun? An Austrian-made Glock. Not cheap, but utterly reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    This was an excellent read. ED, your advice sounds wise, but I agree it will not be heeded enough. Although I would truly love to collect an example of every cartridge available in Pakistan, I don't think I would ever try to shoot any. I am fortunate and thankful that I have the opportunity to buy some excellent guns, both foreign and domestic, old and new, and not have to be overly concerned about their safety. As I think I posted on a previous thread, sometimes you just have to cry once and pay too much instead of paying too little and crying a lot. My carry gun? An Austrian-made Glock. Not cheap, but utterly reliable.
    no doubt glock is a good gun but in Pakistan a glock 19 gen 5 is being sold between 4300 to 4500 usd nowaday.i normally carry a cz75b and some times beretta fs92 and sig226, i love full matel guns.

That is expensive, but imagine how cheap that is if you have to pull your .30 bore Darra TT and it falls apart in your hand. I have a good number of guns, but actually few I would ever really depend on. I would happily depend on my CZ Pre-B or Sig 228. They are a bit heavy for every day carry, but you have made good reliable choices.

That is expensive, but imagine how cheap that is if you have to pull your .30 bore Darra TT and it falls apart in your hand. I have a good number of guns, but actually few I would ever really depend on. I would happily depend on my CZ Pre-B or Sig 228. They are a bit heavy for every day carry, but you have made good reliable choices.
    That's why i don't buy darra pistols but have carried a original Chinese TT for sometime, its slim size makes it easy to cc and its good in reliability and accuracy.

I do love my TTs, but there is a definite lack of good self-defense ammo for them. I don't know of any reliable hollow-points in the caliber, and the problem of over-penetration is a big issue here. I guess I could get one in 9mm, but there are too many better choices for defense.

I do love my TTs, but there is a definite lack of good self-defense ammo for them. I don't know of any reliable hollow-points in the caliber, and the problem of over-penetration is a big issue here. I guess I could get one in 9mm, but there are too many better choices for defense.
    i agree with you.at the moment we only have the choice of Chinese fmj's available here.

Saw it happen good jonnyc. I was at the range with the good Deathrow. A lad was gleefully shooting his local TT and sudenly it blew up. His glasses were smashed to bits and the firing pin ended up being imbedded just beneath his eye. Deathrow extracted it from his flesh with a tissue paper. The force of the local round blew away the hammer and blew the pin straight backwards. He was lucky his eye was safe. As it is he will carry that scar on his face for life.

No points for guessing what he did after that.

"No points for guessing what he did after that."

Bought a new local TT???

ED you should write an article in a newspaper to increase the awareness of low standard materials being used by some of the local manufactures. Im sure many local manufacturers are trying their best to produce quality weapons which are safe to shoot but it is unfortunate that people are getting let down. It is terrible that people are getting serious injuries by using the local manufactured weapons.
    “If frogs had side pockets, they'd carry hand guns.”
    Dan Rather