Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Range report and detailed review of Badar & Brothers TT

Range report and detailed review of Badar & Brothers TT

Today I took my Badar & brothers TT to the village of a friend of mine, which is located in the outskirts of Islamabad. We shot around 70 rounds of ammunition, with 50 rounds of local made 'Yadgar' ammo and about 20 rounds of Chinese Norinco ammo. All in one rapid fire session.

The gun performed absolutely flawlessly, without even a single FTE or FTF. We encountered a problem with only one round, as we later realized that my friend had inadvertently hit the safety, while shooting. This happened because safeties on TT's are usually an after thought rather than being a part of the original design. But just to be safe we removed the mag, ejected the round, inspected it and then shot the same round immediately, after reloading it in the mag.

Furthermore, the ejection was strong and the pattern consistent. Despite rapid firing the gun, the barrel only got very slightly warm. I touched to check the barrel ten minutes after the shooting session ended and I could easily touch and hold it with my bare hands.

I had also complained earlier about the magazine springs being a bit loose and that the mag wasn't getting locked in the magwell with full 8 rounds loaded. But after the mags were left loaded for only two days, those problems have been rectified. As today we only shot mostly with the magazines fully loaded. And I can feel a lot more tension in the mag springs now. Seems that the mag springs have broken in.

I had also said earlier that the gun has a paint type of finish. I thought so because it was absolutely dripping with oil, when I got it. But after cleaning it throughly, I see that it is smoothly finished and very nicely ceracoated. Although I usually like blued finishes, but these are personal preferences.

The only complaints I have with gun were during disassembly & reassembly, one complain is that the end of the guide rod which rests on the barrel is a bit sharp, this could have been machined more to make it smoother. The other complain is that the disassembly clip was very tight at first. Which led to the finish getting scratched badly at one or two places, after I had struggled to loosen it by using a screwdriver. This hurts when it happens to a brand new gun. But functionality is the primary concern and asthetics come second.

When I came back home, I disassembled the gun to inspect it for any signs of abnormal wear. But everything seems fine and even all of the internal finish is still intact. The grooves in the barrel are just as good. And thier are no signs of any stress fractures or cracks.

Despite shooting 50 rounds of Yadgar ammo, it truly proved to be 'Yadgar'. It performed very admirably, for local ammo with no reliability issues what so ever. The casings are very finely made, and it didn't give any strong sulfur type smell of cheap gunpowder, while shooting. Although, it shot a bit smokier than Norinco ammo. But, the fowling on the inside of the gun, does not appear to be excessive and this ammo only shoots slightly dirtier than foriegn made stuff. I ran out otherwise I would have taken a round apart to check the quality of the gunpowder. Will do it the next time I procure it. It also felt much milder compared to Norinco ammo, in terms of velocity. And at 22 rupees a pop, its great range fodder and a bargain

Concerning accuracy, our major purpose was to primarily check the gun's reliability & functionality. But the person who was the most experienced shooter among us, shot a few rounds at a steel plate, that we had set up on a wall. The gun shot a bit high and towards the left at first. But the shooter in question, quickly compensated for this, and rectified the POA. After doing so, the succeeding rounds hit at almost the centre of the plate every time.

My friends were also very impressed by my gun, and approved of it. As they were recalling thier experiences of shooting local made guns, and all said that they usually jam. One of them who has a lot more experience with guns compared to me, thought at first that I had paid too much for a local TT. But changed his mind after giving it a closer look and by just racking the slide. And he had nothing but praise for the gun, after our little session, ended.

Comparing it to an original Norinco TT, the gun has a much smoother action. The only thing found lacking in comparison is that it's barrel is thinner and is not chrome-lined. Another difference is that the slide & frame are made using lighter metals. But just compare the price tags of both. Choosing which option to consider would have been a no brainer a few years ago. But times have changed, after the long-standing import ban is still in effect and the current prices are now at 13k vs 50 k +.

However, I still haven't shot it as much to be sure of it's durability & reliability in the long-run. Still based on what I have observed till now, I believe that it is the best local made handgun available in the market, based on the quality of it's fit & finish, the quality of it's metallurgy, the actual proof testing done from the factory and the amount of time and attention to detail given in machining it's barrel and other vital components. Till now, based on prior personaI experiences and those of others. I was very apprehensive about ever considering any local guns or ammo to be worthwhile. But now I have so much faith in it, that I am giving the TT to my father as his SD & car gun.
    Last edited by malik94; 25-04-2019 at 11:22 AM.
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

I would also like other members who have shot thier B&B TTs more extensively to share thier experiences, as well.
    Last edited by malik94; 25-04-2019 at 03:02 AM.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    This is a very extensive review Malik94 sir. I have shot a few of those when they appear at the range and have yet to come across an unhappy buyer.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    This is a very extensive review Malik94 sir. I have shot a few of those when they appear at the range and have yet to come across an unhappy buyer.
    Thank you ED Saab. I am very proud that our local manufacturers have finally created something truly praise-worthy. I would recommend everyone to buy it at least as a range gun, they won't be disappointed and it will increment one's pistol collection inexpensively as well, for which it is a worthy item. Doing so will also help to promote our local industry. As the people at B&B have "shown thier mettle", and are continously improving thier product too.

Thanks for shairing your experiance with us i hope it serves you well in future.

Good to see so much positive feedback for a locally manufactured and marketed gun. Thank you for sharing your extensive review with us. Keep us posted for when it is further stress tested. My first SD Daily carry was also a TT. Hope it serves you well.
    Live Fast, Die Young and leave behind a good-looking corpse....

Very nice review by Malik Saab.
    BnB also make tt 9 mm and Bretta and zigana , any review experience about these guns.
    If any plz share.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Thanks for shairing your experiance with us i hope it serves you well in future.
    Thank you bro, I hope that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by pappoo View Post
    Good to see so much positive feedback for a locally manufactured and marketed gun. Thank you for sharing your extensive review with us. Keep us posted for when it is further stress tested. My first SD Daily carry was also a TT. Hope it serves you well.
    I will update you guys, over time. About how it holds up. That is why I was asking for other members to share thier experiences about the B&B TT.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafar iqbal 2477 View Post
    Very nice review by Malik Saab.
    BnB also make tt 9 mm and Bretta and zigana , any review experience about these guns.
    If any plz share.
    As I suggested to you before, you should get a 9mm TT made on order from Badar & brothers. They might also have some ready made in stock. A lot of people have experience with their TTs, and they are making it since several years. They had also exported thier TTs to the U.S a couple of years ago, which further validates thier products reputation.

Where as I haven't heard much about thier Berreta and Zigana. So you should get the TT, it will already come with two mags, ask them to make an extra mag for you, and enjoy. Our member Imtiaz shah has thier TT in both 9mm & 30 bore and he said that both are the same in terms of performance.
    Last edited by malik94; 26-04-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by malik94 View Post
    As I suggested to you before, you should get a 9mm TT made on order from Badar & brothers. They might also have some ready made in stock. A lot of people have experience with their TTs, and they are making it since several years. They had also exported thier TTs to the U.S a couple of years ago, which further validates thier products reputation.

Where as I haven't heard much about thier Berreta and Zigana. So you should get the TT, it will already come with two mags, ask them to make an extra mag for you, and enjoy. Our member Imtiaz shah has thier TT in both 9mm & 30 bore and he said that both are the same in terms of performance.
    Thank you sir
    I have already contacted them and soon planning to visit Peshawar.
    I have 30 bore license also using local tt and want to change .
    As tt are 6 or 7 shot and these days almost everybody prefer more mag capacity for SD HD . So need some advice. Is any good manufacture of 30 bore zastava 9 shot or any other clone with in 30 bore bretta or zigana ??.

Thank you sir
    I have already contacted them and soon planning to visit Peshawar.
    I have 30 bore license also using local tt and want to change .
    As tt are 6 or 7 shot and these days almost everybody prefer more mag capacity for SD HD . So need some advice. Is any good manufacture of 30 bore zastava 9 shot or any other clone with in 30 bore bretta or zigana ??.
    I thought you had a 9mm liscence. Bro, I don't know of any, I saw two Berettas made by royal arms. I wouldn't even suggest them to my enemies. I have heard that Zafar & sons also make better quality guns, as an acquaintance of mine owns a Beretta made by them. Visit thier factory as well, when you go to Peshawar.

Seven shots are more than enough for SD. Unless, you are going to get into a gun fight like in the movies. If you have the budget get an original Norinco PX3, it is in 30 bore and has a mag capacity of 17 rounds. There was a used one in very good condition available at landi arbab arms in Peshawar. But I don't know if it still is or has been sold by now.

If you are going to consider the B&B Zigana & Beretta you will have to inspect the quality yourself.
    Last edited by malik94; 26-04-2019 at 11:07 AM.

I thought you had a 9mm liscence. Bro, I don't know of any, I saw two Berettas made by royal arms. I wouldn't even suggest them to my enemies. I have heard that Zafar & sons make better quality guns, as an acquaintance of mine owns a Beretta made by them. Visit thier factory as well, when you go to Peshawar. Seven shots are more than enough for SD. Unless, you are going to get into a gun fight like in the movies. If you have the budget get an original Norinco PX3, it is in 30 bore and has a mag capacity of 17 rounds. There was a used one in very good condition available at landi arbab arms in Peshawar. But I don't know if it still is or has been sold out by now.
    I have both 9 mm and 30 bore sir
    My experience with RA was worst ever.
    Sir zafar alam or zafar sons any contact or fb page ??
    My plan to buy some zastava 30 bore local if can find some reliable other wise BnB tt and 9mm bretta or zigana.
    I am still waiting and searching if can find cf 98 or any other gun around 80k. Few days back new hp77 was available 80k but some one advised me to prefer cf 98.
    So in this duration I am taking benefit of discussion by seniors and expert members in forum. Specially your advise a d ED sir.
    Thanks sir

My plan to buy some zastava 30 bore local if can find some reliable other wise BnB tt and 9mm bretta or zigana.
    I am still waiting and searching if can find cf 98 or any other gun around 80k. Few days back new hp77 was available 80k but some one advised me to prefer cf 98.
    So in this duration I am taking benefit of discussion by seniors and expert members in forum. Specially your advise a d ED sir.
    Thanks sir
    Bro, get which ever Chinese 9mm you can find. Don't choose between CF-98/NP-42/22/HP77B. etc. you know how the availability is these days. I was only able to find only a single used NP-34 in the whole of Peshawar market, which I have bought. Not even in a single used CF was available. You should have bought that HP-77B immediately. Are you sure it was brand new, or just slightly used ? I can't even believe if someone would be selling a brand new hp-77B for 80k.

I'm am talking about Zafar & sons, I think Zafar Alam changed thier name to Zafar & sons. They had a page on FB but it got deleted a month ago, for reasons, unknown. But their factory is located at Industrial area on Kohat road.

When considering locals, design or mag capacity shouldn't be one's first concern. Where as, quality and reliability should be the deciding factor. What good is a gun with a 17 round capacity if it gets stuck in a life or death type situation ? Or even the simplest of things such as breakage of the firing pin, will leave the gun redundant. I can only give you my honest advice, just as senior members had given me before. And it later proved to be very good advice, indeed. But the decision is yours, to take.
    Last edited by malik94; 26-04-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Buying a .30 calibre local Beretta is a pretty good way of rearranging your face without the benefit of a plastic surgeon.
    The locking lugs are not designed for such loads and they break and the slide goes flying backwards into the owner's face.

I have personally seen such lugs. Khyber arms used to make a lot of those. But stopped after their customers started having issues with their jawlines.

My advice for SD would be to always always rely on an imported product. A Chinese TT is still available for 50k. At least in Karachi. If you cant afford it then you should opt for a local. But if its a .30 you want then do not get anything other than a TT.

9mm pistols are designed for 9mm ammo. using .30 bore on untested metal is a recipe for disaster. As for the zigana. Fellow member Skywatcher's 9mm ziggy clone nearly shot another fellow member when he simply chambered it. he was lucky the weapon was in a safe direction. But it was a near miss
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Thanks sir
    Go and buy the hp77 its a sig p226 clone a proven design.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    Go and buy the hp77 its a sig p226 clone a proven design.
    I was thinking the same, he's getting a bargain. Because, when I went to Peshawar a dealer in karkhano had just sold a used HP-77Bs for 95k. Its the best sig clone available, with an all steel frame and a beautiful finish. Px3 is also a good gun in 30 bore & a sig clone as well.
    Last edited by malik94; 26-04-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Buying a .30 calibre local Beretta is a pretty good way of rearranging your face without the benefit of a plastic surgeon.
    The locking lugs are not designed for such loads and they break and the slide goes flying backwards into the owner's face.

I have personally seen such lugs. Khyber arms used to make a lot of those. But stopped after their customers started having issues with their jawlines.

My advice for SD would be to always always rely on an imported product. A Chinese TT is still available for 50k. At least in Karachi. If you cant afford it then you should opt for a local. But if its a .30 you want then do not get anything other than a TT.

9mm pistols are designed for 9mm ammo. using .30 bore on untested metal is a recipe for disaster. As for the zigana. Fellow member Skywatcher's 9mm ziggy clone nearly shot another fellow member when he simply chambered it. he was lucky the weapon was in a safe direction. But it was a near miss
    100 % agreed, I had also suggested him before to at least buy a Chinese TT, as it will last a lifetime. Otherwise, he should consider a B&B TT.

BTW, ED Bhai how's brother deathrows B&B TT going ? As I think his has been shot the most, from any of it's owners on the forum.
    Last edited by malik94; 26-04-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Bro, get which ever Chinese 9mm you can find. Don't choose between CF-98/NP-42/22/HP77B. etc. you know how the availability is these days. I was only able to find one used NP-42 in the whole of Peshawar market, which I have bought. Not even in a single used CF was available. You should have bought that HP-77B immediately. Are you sure it was brand new, or just slightly used ? I can't even believe if someone would be selling a brand new hp-77B for 80k.

I'm am talking about Zafar & sons, I think Zafar Alam changed thier name to Zafar & sons. They had a page on FB but it got deleted a month ago, for reasons, unknown. But their factory is located at Industrial area on Kohat road.

When considering locals, design or mag capacity shouldn't be one's first concern. Where as, quality and reliability should be the deciding factor. What good is a gun with a 17 round capacity if it gets stuck in a life or death type situation ? Or even the simplest of things such as breakage of the firing pin, will leave the gun redundant. I can only give you my honest advice, just as senior members had given me before. And it later proved to be very good advice, indeed. But the decision is yours, to take.
    Well said sir I understand and thankful.
    Hp77 was new just 10 bullets fired but was sold next day.
    Now I will grab if I come around any .

Well said sir I understand and thankful.
    Hp77 was new just 10 bullets fired but was sold next day.
    Now I will grab if I come around any .
    It was still very reasonably priced. Get whichever Chinese gun you can find in your budget. The Chinese sig clones are even better than the CF-98 in terms of durability, as they are built like tanks.