Thread: To do or not to chrome a TT?

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

To do or not to chrome a TT?

Now that I finally manged to acquire a Sindh computerized license for a TT and managed to find a used Chinese TT as well. I have in mind a beautification project.

Eihter I should get the really banged up gun re-blued. Or as my heart desires a full on SS finish. However, many people have opined that the gun might be ruined if I go the SS way.

Now, I am somewhat double minded. Is it possible to get a reasonably decent SS finish on a TT? Will it be chrome or Nickle? Or should I just let it be as it is.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Now that I finally manged to acquire a Sindh computerized license for a TT and managed to find a used Chinese TT as well. I have in mind a beautification project.

Eihter I should get the really banged up gun re-blued. Or as my heart desires a full on SS finish. However, many people have opined that the gun might be ruined if I go the SS way.

Now, I am somewhat double minded. Is it possible to get a reasonably decent SS finish on a TT? Will it be chrome or Nickle? Or should I just let it be as it is.
    Chrome TT or as as its called Mirror polish all the way, if you plan on keeping it and just because you love to own one.....I myself removed the bluing on my tokarev and had it polished......however it liiks a bit Wardatiya pistil, since its my carry gun, I do not want to look like one if and when stopped my police.....
    Hence I am going to repaint it.....I have ordered Desert tan gun paint and will start painting next week......you should try getting the same....

If you go for Chrome then if chrome chips off, you wont be able to get it chromed again.....

Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    Chrome TT or as as its called Mirror polish all the way, if you plan on keeping it and just because you love to own one.....I myself removed the bluing on my tokarev and had it polished......however it liiks a bit Wardatiya pistil, since its my carry gun, I do not want to look like one if and when stopped my police.....
    Hence I am going to repaint it.....I have ordered Desert tan gun paint and will start painting next week......you should try getting the same....

If you go for Chrome then if chrome chips off, you wont be able to get it chromed again.....
    you seem to worry a lot about so called police.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

But I am afraid that metal stripped of its protective components will be reduced to its raw state and therefore quickly start rusting. Did that happen in your case?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Lord of War
    But I am afraid that metal stripped of its protective components will be reduced to its raw state and therefore quickly start rusting. Did that happen in your case?
    Its only been a month since I removed the bluing and its dry up here, unlike karachi where air is a bit moist and then humid at times.....you it is not recommended for you folks......that is why am.suggesting to go for a paint job.....

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    you seem to worry a lot about so called police.
    Am a mango banda sir g....hence dont want any troubke with the law.....I know punjab pulce will always try to come up with hideous excuses to get on to you.....but I try to cover as many as possible.....like there were cases where police themselves threw away the lic and claimed there was no license on the person.....hence I carry a color copy with me.....

Am a mango banda sir g....hence dont want any troubke with the law.....I know punjab pulce will always try to come up with hideous excuses to get on to you.....but I try to cover as many as possible.....like there were cases where police themselves threw away the lic and claimed there was no license on the person.....hence I carry a color copy with me.....
    if you carry color copy, they can say we need to see the real one. you just need to make sure the licence you have is the real one, rest they cannot do anything. max what they can do is to ask you to submit licence and weapon for verification. at the end you guys will become friends and they not know you next time you visit Police station.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Its only been a month since I removed the bluing and its dry up here, unlike karachi where air is a bit moist and then humid at times.....you it is not recommended for you folks......that is why am.suggesting to go for a paint job.....
    Yes. I live close by the salty sea.. And rust and humidity, plus my propensity to carry even in the heat means plenty of sweat..Getting on to it

Lord of War
    Ed bhai, in that case just get a nice paint job done.....I will do mine by next weekend inshallah and wilk share the snaps.....if you want something different then paint is the way to go,,,, otherwise keep it kosher

Ok.. I showed it to a gunsmith and he said he will re-blue it. No frills no fancy.. just a simple re-bluing job for around 1.5k

Lord of War
    ED bhai, sorry i forgot to update the thread....i did a paint job at home using Rustoluem Camo paint, it was not a very great job i did, but for starters the piece came out good.......i had applied two coats of primer, then two coats of Rustoluem Camo......left the gun in oven for 1hr 30 min at 60c as per SDS provided for paint.

did a firing session of 100 rounds, not much chipping.....also added grip tape for better grip

Thanks Ballixd. For the update. Your weapon looks pretty nice. I was offered such a paint job. But demure and went for plain vanilla bluing. While it erased all the norinco markings. But the piece looks good.

From where did you get the grip tape?

Lord of War
    Thanks Ballixd. For the update. Your weapon looks pretty nice. I was offered such a paint job. But demure and went for plain vanilla bluing. While it erased all the norinco markings. But the piece looks good.

From where did you get the grip tape?
    Ordered from Aliexpress, got it delivered in 2 weeks time.....it is indeed helpful

Enthusiast
    Ordered from Aliexpress, got it delivered in 2 weeks time.....it is indeed helpful
    What exactly you ordered. I tried to find on AliExpress but wasn't successful. Closest thing I found is Skating Board Tape.

Lord of War
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktar View Post
    What exactly you ordered. I tried to find on AliExpress but wasn't successful. Closest thing I found is Skating Board Tape.
    Yes that is what I ordered d....here is the link :
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/328151...st.32815162025