Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese TT models: The Old and the New

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar

Chinese TT models: The Old and the New

I was in the market the other day. Checking out TT models. All dealers without exception were very very particular about one thing. Older Model Chinese were good and new models were bad. The old ones they were willing to swear by and the new ones they said ( Quite ominously) we are not responsible for what happens.
    When i asked them why they muttered the 'quality' mantra. When I press for details no one ever gave me any.. As in do new ones suffer from breaking extractors, inaccuracy, shattered firing pins. There was no answer beyond the phase "quality is better" And the price: which was often almost twice as much as a new one for even the banged up pieces.

Now I dont understand this phenomenon at all.
    Is a TT like old wine that you put away in a damp dark corner and it would slowly become 'better, more reliable and accurate" or the Chinese have decided to copy Darra gunsmiths and refuse to make decent guns anymore?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

dear all are good, go for a new one. old ones are also good but they are sold for as you said for almost double the price.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Supreme Member
    its good trick of arms dealers to exchange old in gold

Seriously i doubt new ones genuineness
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    Seriously i doubt new ones genuineness
    But the problem is Afzal bhai, the old ones can also be locals that are being sold as old Chinese.

I saw the same thing in the 9mm CF 98 models as well. Back in the days when NIB peices were going for 38k in karachi. Used CF98 models used to go for 60k!
    When I asked the dealers ( Ansari Arms) they said exactly the same thing. Old models are better and new CF 98 models are not.
    This is back in 2010 or 2011. I myself am a satisfied user of the new model NP 42 and have shot it a lot in the years I have bought it. While fellow member naeem ur rehman ( from whom i bought it) also never had any problems at the range with it.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    But the problem is Afzal bhai, the old ones can also be locals that are being sold as old Chinese.

I saw the same thing in the 9mm CF 98 models as well. Back in the days when NIB peices were going for 38k in karachi. Used CF98 models used to go for 60k!
    When I asked the dealers ( Ansari Arms) they said exactly the same thing. Old models are better and new CF 98 models are not.
    This is back in 2010 or 2011. I myself am a satisfied user of the new model NP 42 and have shot it a lot in the years I have bought it. While fellow member naeem ur rehman ( from whom i bought it) also never had any problems at the range with it.

same is said for new Motor cycles and cars, they say halki quality hai this and that. and the truth is, if its genuine, we are good to go
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    same is said for new Motor cycles and cars, they say halki quality hai this and that. and the truth is, if its genuine, we are good to go
    Hmmm.. I think technology improves with time.

Take the original CF. the ones that go for twice as much as new ones. They had open mags... The Chinese discontinued those cause they were were prone to jamming due to the ingress of foreign matter. Alternately, the new ones have duel recoil springs ( a smaller spring nestles inside the guide rod) while the old ones had only one. This decreases felt recoil.

But tell that to the dealers and they would still inisist the old Cf is better.

The fact is everything has a life. barrels, springs.. everything. the more u use it the more the life is used up. Buying an old weapon means it has at least some part of its life used up.

Hmmm.. I think technology improves with time.

Take the original CF. the ones that go for twice as much as new ones. They had open mags... The Chinese discontinued those cause they were were prone to jamming due to the ingress of foreign matter. Alternately, the new ones have duel recoil springs ( a smaller spring nestles inside the guide rod) while the old ones had only one. This decreases felt recoil.

But tell that to the dealers and they would still inisist the old Cf is better.

The fact is everything has a life. barrels, springs.. everything. the more u use it the more the life is used up. Buying an old weapon means it has at least some part of its life used up.

they only care about their profits, we the clients can go to hell. i still have a 1997 TT fired upto 50 rounds max, dealer wants it for 40k but i wouldnt give it away. they are trying to do business nothing more. customer satisfaction is not their concern.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

No doubt ED bro old could be clones too
    But in that era DAK guys were making TTs with hands so pistol to pistol they were differet
    & chinese were in far superior finish.
    Now machine is invold they have started making with finest finished TTs
    Markings and stamps are replaced from hammer to computerized machines
    Moon star arms and some others are true examples
    & i have seen they do not write made as china but Made in China...
    My life my rules...
    Afzaal.pg @ gmail

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    No doubt ED bro old could be clones too
    But in that era DAK guys were making TTs with hands so pistol to pistol they were differet
    & chinese were in far superior finish.
    Now machine is invold they have started making with finest finished TTs
    Markings and stamps are replaced from hammer to computerized machines
    Moon star arms and some others are true examples
    & i have seen they do not write made as china but Made in China...
    Ugh.. that is cheating .. it is.. RAC is the only company that have their own factory outlet in Karachi. They write 'Made as" instead of made in.

The good bard said that " A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet'

But thus that apply to the Chee nee Tee Tee? I mean 636, 54, 66 and various other numbers, what difference do they make when it comes to an actual shooting experience

But thus that apply to the Chee nee Tee Tee? I mean 636, 54, 66 and various other numbers, what difference do they make when it comes to an actual shooting experience
    i fired, 66, 636, 99. all are same IMO

No difference. all are roses of the same type and garden.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

This is the only point of concern... dear. If you compare these 636 and 66 Original Chinese with Pak Made TTs, you will see the diff. clearly. The older dealers who refer these old models know the fact very well. Actually these models were imported from China for the trusted Jehadis at the time when Stingers were brought in for the final round in Afgh. and only one model "BG" is also good, as it was made for Baz Gul Afridi on demand in China. The rest of the info. .... will need your own research.

What about that elusive Tyep 54. The one that has a manual safety along with the hammer half cock safety? Has anyone actually seen em here? Or are they a myth from the sands of time?

What about that elusive Tyep 54. The one that has a manual safety along with the hammer half cock safety? Has anyone actually seen em here? Or are they a myth from the sands of time?

i once saw it with a dealer. he said no body buys it. but it was long ago.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

I had a chineses tt with manual safety bought it 17 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by FA226 View Post
    I had a chineses tt with manual safety bought it 17 years ago.
    Oh that means they exist here.. That is good, it is. i will seek them out i will

Oh that means they exist here.. That is good, it is. i will seek them out i will
    Yes they are for real.

In my personal experience the best chines TT available in market .
    The full black.

Quote Originally Posted by sajjadjutt View Post
    In my personal experience the best chines TT available in market .
    The full black.
    You mean the ones with black barrels?