Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CZ-52 acquired

CZ-52 acquired

A few months ago a friend was telling me all about a pistol called the CZ-52, made during the 1950s in Czechoslovakia. I had seen a bunch of old CZ pistols and was unimpressed; mostly small blowback designs.

The 52 (CZ made a bunch of pistol designs, apparently all ending in [something]2, which confuses things...) is a locked breech, short recoil design in 7.62 Tokarev, the same cartridge the TT uses. It's about the same size as the TT or a 1911, but much sleeker than either. For a military weapon it's downright pretty.

The 52 is truly roller *locked*, not roller-delayed blowback like the CETME or H&K designs. The rollers keep the breech locked closed until the upper slides back far enough for them to drop into slots in the frame, which lets the upper continue without the barrel. The barrel does not tilt like a TT; it just slides.

I was persuaded that a CZ-52 might be a nice thing to have, so I decided to buy one.

It took several months for me to find one, and I wound up paying more than I really wanted, but once I had it in my hand I felt it was money well spent. Hopefully it shoots as well as it looks and feels.

On the downside, my wife said "it's so pretty!" and "it's my birthday present!" Pointing out that her birthday is in March has been ineffective. So I may have to save my money and buy another...

I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but they were all the same; mine has some slight wear from being carried.

Here are some articles on the CZ-52:

Wikipedia: https%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FCZ_52
    Box of Truth: http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theboxotruth.com%2Feducational-zone-25-great-firearms-the-cz-52%2F
    Forgotten Weapons: http%3A%2F%2Fwww.forgottenweapons.com%2Fczech-cz-52-pistol-video%2F

(picture from Box of Truth)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's one good looking pistol. Happy shooting.

Congratulations bro.its very much fun to shoot this pistol shoots like a gun.my borther had one when i was a kid i use to shoot it.try not to dry fire it,its firing pin breaks when dry fired.

I've fired a few of them and just don't like them. A TT is much slimmer, smaller, more comfortable, and more reliable. CZ52s are known for breaking firing pins and blowing out the barrel and slide along the very weak side near the rollers. The grips are uncomfortable and they have notoriously very heavy triggers. I have had 5 TTs and I will not buy a CZ52.
    What other CZs do you know of that end in 2? I know of the 24, 25, 26, 27, 38, 50, 70, 75, 85, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    I've fired a few of them and just don't like them. A TT is much slimmer, smaller, more comfortable, and more reliable. CZ52s are known for breaking firing pins and blowing out the barrel and slide along the very weak side near the rollers. The grips are uncomfortable and they have notoriously very heavy triggers. I have had 5 TTs and I will not buy a CZ52.
    What other CZs do you know of that end in 2? I know of the 24, 25, 26, 27, 38, 50, 70, 75, 85, etc.
    Well bro every one have there own liking and disliking i had only one chinese tt and sold it not because its was not reliable,tts are very trustable but did,t like its ugly shape,i would love it if was a exact copy of 1911.i know cz52s have the only problem of breaking the firing pin thats why my brother sold it but since then i am looking for one in orignal condation could,t find it.

for fire pin break issue u can get a firing pin with spring from harrington products ... as well as hardened rollers of +2 and -2 sizes are also available as well as roller cam..

i second jonnyc ..
    slide explode when ever the roller get stuck and roller cam gets lock without pushing the roller back to its orignal resting position
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Expert Member
    Zia bro, do you got one?

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    Zia bro, do you got one?
    yes.. .....

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...443#post422443
    Last edited by zia raza; 16-12-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Expert Member
    @Zia, lucky dude, mashaAllah

Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    Lucky you Bro, very nice.

Congratz TRX and ZR
    Beautiful pieces you both got their.

So while others are showing theirs, I'll show mine. lol

“Bottom Line; If We’re Gonna Have Fun, There Better Be A Lot Of Ammo!”

Expert Member
    @ jibz bro mashaAllah. Now i will have to dig mine for a photo shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    Congratz TRX and ZR

Humm so you are among lucky people as well.

i dont know what so luck in getting these, when its not much successful item as comparison to TT... it often comes and goes in market, and then again comes back from same buyers for reselling... though lil expensive coz of unique mechanism but its not at all among the rarest items (as singer and c90 series (c91 & c96) or pushpushay or luger 1900)

Expert Member
    I bought mine in 1994 on my first ever license never seen a single piece again. Although have seen many lugers & broom handles. However full auto only once in life & that was also not for sale.

Rookie
    Nice handGun

Member Emeritus
    @TRX

Congrats on a nice gun.

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    Congratz TRX and ZR

I knew you will be showing this beautiful babe.. I also like the CZ 52 very much but its not available in the market. 😕

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    though lil expensive coz of unique mechanism but its not at all among the rarest items (as singer and c90 series (c91 & c96) or pushpushay or luger 1900)
    Is the Russian PPSHA a rare item now a days ??

Expert Member
    Ppsha was selling around 20K last year but its a PB item.