Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone tell me about this Pakistani Tokarev?

Here are the pic of both. They are in original condition

[IMG][/IMG]

1950 Russian. I believe this shape was from 49 till 54. Then discontinued.

[IMG][/IMG]

Member Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNFREAK View Post
    Original Russian is far superior in every aspect. Since I have one Russian and an older Chinese 66 and have shot both. Although Chinese older models are indeed very good compared to current ones.

Regards
    Fully agreed.. the older Chinese TT are far better than the present lot.. what do you think of the present Russian models available in the market for 22-25K ??

I visited lucky star and dealer was asking 16k for fire arms company zigana sports tt is the price reasonableName:  3.jpg
Views: 12009
Size:  83.7 KB

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Heck.. Put in a few Ks more and U can get original imported Chinese version. Its very overpriced. Which dealer did U go to?
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

yellowsled! Polish MAG98 seems to be the best one. Used Russian TTs were available in Peshawar during 1990 and a good TT was ab. Rs.8000 but at that time they were not allowed on license. Chinese TTs were the all-rounders and the most reliable handguns and the old models are still working fine, as most of the people have them. Its my personal opinion that the Chinese TTs available now a days are cloned one, manufactured locally with the same sophistications but only just stamped by the local manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post
    Fully agreed.. the older Chinese TT are far better than the present lot.. what do you think of the present Russian models available in the market for 22-25K ??
    Not in Karachi. It's double price if any Russian do ever come by.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Khalil View Post
    yellowsled! Polish MAG98 seems to be the best one. Used Russian TTs were available in Peshawar during 1990 and a good TT was ab. Rs.8000 but at that time they were not allowed on license. Chinese TTs were the all-rounders and the most reliable handguns and the old models are still working fine, as most of the people have them. Its my personal opinion that the Chinese TTs available now a days are cloned one, manufactured locally with the same sophistications but only just stamped by the local manufacturers.
    I have my doubts aswell. Because the older Chinese fire and feel much more superior to current ones.

Regards

So here's some info on this B&B TT-33

- Factory Price for import model with safety is PKR 12,000 (tad below US$120 as US$ is 1:102 at present)
    - Made of 4140 C-Steel
    - It is a 'part inter-changeable' pistol so you can swap with the Chinese Norinco TT Barrel (PKR 3.5K to PKR 4K) and Norinco Mags. Firing mechanism is NOT inter-changeable.
    - Supplied Barrel (in PKR12K pistol) is chromed on the outside and not on the inside, and Barrel life guaranteed to 5,000 rounds. Heat treated barrel.
    - It can be ordered in full hard chromed instead of blued version, but still no inside chroming of the barrel - they don't have the equipment for that.
    - It is not made on automatic CNC machines but on manual CNC machines sourced from England (UK).

They also make clones of Zigana T! (non-auto only) and should be finishing the PX4 clone in next 3 to 4 months.

The Firing mechanism is tied in with the safety so that is expected. A bit surprised about the chomre lined bore. I thought it would have that. the 7.62 here in the US is mostly military surplus 1950's and corrosive. Polish and Bulgarian mostly.

A hard chome one would have been sweet, but I dont think there is much of a market for that here no matter how much I would like it. Thanks for the specs!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowsled View Post
    The Firing mechanism is tied in with the safety so that is expected. A bit surprised about the chomre lined bore. I thought it would have that. the 7.62 here in the US is mostly military surplus 1950's and corrosive. Polish and Bulgarian mostly.

A hard chome one would have been sweet, but I dont think there is much of a market for that here no matter how much I would like it. Thanks for the specs!
    I'm sure you can get the bore chrome line where you are from any decent gunsmith shop, otherwise you'd be fighting rust for the rest of your life and the life of the pistol. Since you have just got the pistol, best would be hard chrome bore now instead of later.

PK made TT's are known for the firing pin breakages, so you may want to get that replaced too. Local dealers here upgrade firing pins regularly for local TT's, its a very common problem.

But since you are a collector, you may not want any modifications whatsoever to the pistol ...

Guys i want to share with you about a Pak made local clone of to Tokarev.
    My uncle own it and ho got it for 8k 23 years ago. since then it did not have any problem. no issue at all, no FTF or FTE. It is 30 bore and was laying with my uncle not used for 3 straight years. for past three years he never used it or even cleaned it. That day he showed it to me and i insisted him to let me fire it. then I fired two rounds, because they live in area near ISB airport so police is strict. I will show you the picture.
    Name:  20130423_232002.jpg
Views: 2842
Size:  99.7 KB

I gotta admit, that is insanely cool! What a treasure....

Oh TTs are the bread and butter products for our gunsmiths. I have seen em in just about every format possible from 1911s to Ziganas. To some that are like no gun that has ever been produced!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Oh TTs are the bread and butter products for our gunsmiths. I have seen em in just about every format possible from 1911s to Ziganas. To some that are like no gun that has ever been produced!
    ED brother this is a very old version of TT pistol i haved one in past and also its the heaviest version of .30bor.
    REGARDS

Pretty shocked
    “If frogs had side pockets, they'd carry hand guns.”
    Dan Rather

Quote Originally Posted by s.jawad View Post
    ED brother this is a very old version of TT pistol i haved one in past and also its the heaviest version of .30bor.
    REGARDS
    Whats that red circle on the frame?

yellowshed we have berreta 92 fs local made chambered for 7.62x25, 1911s, we have uzi's chambered for tt rounds and what not i cant even count how many shapes and designs different platforms we have in our local made tts

i saw a dead ringer for an MP 5. Again chambered for our beloved .30 round.

I have seen AR 15s and mini AK 47s as well.

I can see the 92 and I have seen conversions on 1911's. I have also seen 7.62x25 in a AR platform but not a AK.

The mini- AK is an extremely popular platform since last 2 weeks here.