Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone tell me about this Pakistani Tokarev?

Question Can someone tell me about this Pakistani Tokarev?

Greetings fellow Tokarev collectors....

On this side of the pond its unheard of to come across Pakistani guns so when this came up on the market here in the US, I jumped all over it as I collect Tokarevs.

Is this a quality made firearm? Does the company have a good reputation? Thanks!

Badar & Brothers in Peshawar

Here is my Tokarev Collection...
    It includes models from Russian, Poland, Romania, Pakistan, and Yugoslavia.
    Most are in 7.62x25, but a few are in 9mm(9x19)

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Wow! badar and brothers product! how the hell did it land there???

i have been to their outlet in Karachi... Their Toks are supposed very common and are stocked by most gun shops in karachi. And are worth around 12k ($120) or so. I remember fooling around with it and liked the weight and feel and am considering getting one that I will chrome plate.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

This one looks like it has been made especially for the US market since the ones I have seen don't have a manual safety. The safety been an amarican requirement. When their marketing manager told me they were exporting to the US. i thought he was lying!!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

I have no clue! I have never seen a Pakistani gun in the US before, so I didnt want to take the chance and miss it.

I paid $300 for the gun, transfer, and registration costs. I have seen one other B&B Tok on a US auction site that sold for $480 dollars so I am happy with the $300.

480 dollers for a local bred and butter tok!!!

JESUS!!!

And we used to lement Glocks going for $3500 to 4000 here in Pakistan!

Looks like the same applies there as well.

If its good enough to be sold in the American market at such an outrageous cost. I am so sooo getting one. With bargaining it should set me back by $100 or so!

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    Nice and well built pistol does not look loke desi ones.

Realy a nice looking TT pistol brother can you share some information about its performance.
    REGARDS

B&B claimed that their Zegana clones were in use by DHA security force in karachi. Even showed me an invoice for 36 weapons!

i have got a number of TTs laying around in my house i just found another desi TT from my store it was really really old i have approximately 4 local Tokarev different manufactures 1 russian and 1 chinese
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

darn it .... was on Kohat Road today, should have seen this thread earlier!!! oh well, next time ...

A Paki TT in the US is a really encoureging sign and from the looks of it the finish is exeptionaly good comparing to what I have seen and used locally, I was also planning to get one and fidle around with it but was in the mood to buy a chinese one but after this I think a Paki one would do just for fiddling purposes.
    If God didn't want us to have GUNS, He wouldn't have given us GUN fingers...

Love the finishing on that piece and not to mention the safety lever...

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Love the finishing on that piece and not to mention the safety lever...
    he paid 300$. quality is given at what you pay.
    regards
    Keep Calm & Carry One

That means they have different weapons for different markets.

Really a nice one.

Nice collection yellowsled .. I think you are missing the Zastava M57 ....

Can you please do a range/accuracy review?

Main thing about this pistol would be the barrel life and firing pin ... inter-changeable comes to mind ... Barrel and firing mechanism may be Norinco TT parts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    That means they have different weapons for different markets.
    same like china, different product for different market segments,
    we get the worse because we pay worse

made in chine mobile sent to england is different quality then made in china set sent to pakistan.
    One maker different qualities different target group.

regards
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by Verve View Post
    Nice collection yellowsled .. I think you are missing the Zastava M57 ....

Can you please do a range/accuracy review?

Main thing about this pistol would be the barrel life and firing pin ... inter-changeable comes to mind ... Barrel and firing mechanism may be Norinco TT parts ...
    The Zastava M57 is there. See my last pic, it is the one on the far left (in the middle).

Truthfully, I prolly will never fire it. I am more of a collector/investor. Tokarevs are only a small portion (but my favorite part) of my collection and I think I have only shot maybe 5-10% of my total guns. The value goes down once it is fired. The only Toks I fire is my Romanian one in 7.62 and a Chinese in 9mm, all the others are safe queens.

Aaah, your M57 has different markings and a chain hook. How old is this model? We don't get the chain hook version here ...

Collector/investor ... your next generation will bear the fruits for sure

The markings you see are our "Import" markings. Some are hidden well, some they plaster on the side of the slide in BIG letters. Very ugly.

All of our Tokarev imports come with the lanyard loop with the exception of the chinese sporter ones with wrap around grips and they take it off to make the grips fit.

Sadly we dont get chinese imports anymore due to some ban we have with chinese weapons. All Chinese Tokarevs were imported in the 80's to mid 90's