Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CZ 75 TS (Tactical Sports) - Project LiteSpeed

Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be

CZ 75 TS (Tactical Sports) - Project LiteSpeed

Salam All,

Its been a while since I posted a new project. I have been up to stuff, some of no importance but am always fiddling with guns, my guns specifically. Sometimes I laugh about it as those few who know me have decided to label me as a thinker tinker; and that I can't leave well enough alone. I am of the firm belief that only God is perfect and everyone/thing else could use some sort of modification(s).

I have always wanted to have this this way or that that way when it comes to firearms. Once done, I get bored and since I am not rich, I have to dispose of that unique item and move to the new idea. Take for example my previous project: convert the CZ 75 TS into a CzechMate BUT with the option of being able to use a compensator with a front sight.
    http://www.czforum.com/index.php?top...sg6666#msg6666
    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...-ts&highlight=
    Having done that project, I again went back to the basics by purchasing another Tactical Sports. I had just been shooting the TS and thinking about what is next. Then one day, a friend was visiting from abroad, he has a bunch of AWESOME weapons; he bought them over to the Gun & Country Club for shooting. In our region we do our range shooting mainly at 25 meters (27 yards) at ISSF targets - single handed in events. Sounds easy right? Ha! I don't care if one can lift 50 lbs dumbbells 50 times for shoulder presses... try to simply hold 1.5 KG dumbbell straight out like you are going to shoot for 1 minute and then see how bad your hand shakes. At least mine does. I shot the Sig Mastershop X6, 9mm, 25 rounds and not bad but the group could have been better. It should be noted that prior to shooting this gun I had been shooting Air pistol for about two hours. Having said that I then shot with my CZ TS, 9mm, 25 rounds, and I still shot a better group than the X6. I also tried the same thing with a HK USP ELITE, 9mm, 25 rounds and wow an even better group. Why? Because the gun was lighter, trigger was crap compared to the X6 or TS but the gun was still manageable due to lighter weight. There at that moment a new project came into being.

Like all my projects, I tend to think of names to call that pistol. I was suggested/adopted 'Anubis' for the previous project. For this project the name suggested to me was 'StripTease'... lolz. I can just hear the laughter everywhere. I finally decided on 'LiteSpeed'. So how to lighten? Two options: A. Build a new Slide & Frame in either (Titanium or 7075 T6 Alloy) - a slightly expensive option (maybe a surprise later in the year). B. Start shaving, slotting, and cutting everywhere. For now, option B was the flavor. So, how much do I shave and where? How big and long do I mill the slots? What portions are not needed; hence cut them off? Lastly and MOST importantly who has done this before and would they be kind enough to help me? The answer to the last question was YES... Yippee!

I would like to thank the following for their help in assessing my thoughts and giving me the 'ok':
    CZ CUSTOM - Rob Bagnato
    Cajun Gun Works - David Milam
    Cheely Custom Gunworks - Matt Cheely

Off I went and bought Carbide and TiN coated 8mm (ball end), 5mm (ball end), 3mm (ball end), and other cutters (end mills) with the same dias.. Mind you - I never knew these things are EXPENSIVE. We started off cautiously as I never really knew how much metal is hidden where. So initially I shaved the slide by only .5mm. Then put a bevel in it with the ball end going in by another 1mm. I then proceeded to slot the guide rod housing with the 8mm end mill. The first end mill broke and had to use the second one which also finally did give way but got the job done. Whoa! there is TOO much metal on this thing... its everywhere... this is a very MEATY gun. I proceeded to chop the front end off as I had see on the CZ Custom CTS. After that I removed the BS checkering and slotted the grip. I went back to the slide more aggressively and slotted out the bevels. Then I realized that I had changed the balance of this thing due to excessive lightening in the front. Well why not the rear where there is at least 4mms worth of metal around the firing pin. I started to shave the slide there and also bevel more aggressively. Whilst at it, I decided that to further reduce the recoil, I will port it... and did so with 3mm ports. I have a set of variable power recoil springs coming from Wolf.
    To make a long story short I have reduced the weight by about 190 grams - take off another 60+ grams if you revert the following parts back to OEM: grips back to stock wood, plastic guide rod, plastic guide rod plug, plastic magwell, stock windage only adjustable sights. I like it just fine like this so it also looks good. Btw, did you all know that all the internals including the custom grips and stuff amounted to .5 KG?

So, why not a CZ SP01 Shadow? It literally weighs the same and logically is less accurate due to a smaller barrel.

Ok, so why not a CZ P01 Phantom, its only 800 grams?! It is an ideal gun again for carry because of the lesser length barrel; however, this thing still attracted me to where I wanted to do a marriage of the TS with Phantom till I saw that its frame has small rail sections rather than full rail. So much for love.

Whats next? The firing report/result. I am awaiting recoil springs; should be here in a few days. What do I expect? I am expecting a more tighter snappier recoil which feels less when shooting due to low reciprocating mass. The subject of lighter verses heavier guns is debatable; but having already experienced excellent results from my Glock 34 I know this should be the same. Here is something below I found on the internet and have copy/pasted below.

Effects of a lighter spring:
    - Recoil is transferred to the shooter in a shorter duration of time because the slide is moving at a higher velocity. This is often perceived as less recoil and reduced muzzle flip.
    - With a lighter spring the shooter also has less force to counteract, or you donít have to work as hard. This usually reduces muzzle flip.
    - Less force to counteract reduces the odds of producing a limp wrist style jam.
    - A lighter spring will result is reduced muzzle dip when the slide closes keeping sights steadier and on target for a faster follow-up shot.
    - Light springs are particularly helpful to smaller shooters like children, women or anyone else having trouble keeping their wrists locked.

Effects of a Heavier spring:
    - Recoil is transferred to the shooter over a longer duration of time due to lower slide velocities.
    - Slower slides equal a longer recovery time for the shooter.
    - The shooter does more work, as there is more force to counteract. This often causes and increase in muzzle flip.
    - The chances of a limp wrist style jam are increased, as there is more force working to unlock your wrists.
    - The chance of the slide short stroking and causing a feed jam is increased.
    - Increased muzzle dip when the slide closes for a slower follow-up shot.

What? You guys wanna see the pics? You all will, I want you all read my blabbering first... also its taking too long to upload the photos into Photobucket.

Last edited by Moeen; 01-08-2013 at 01:57 AM.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

Blog Entries
    Lolz! May I be the first here, Maestro?

You know what, you're simply a gun nut! But we all are, so what's the difference? Well, the difference is the goddamned cukoos' nest up there in your head that craves non-stop to do innovative new thinking and experiments and this one if probably the most weird of em' all and impressive beyond my insufficient words! What a job bhai!

Course, the answer to your itch and requirement wasn't a Shadow or or a Phantom, etc. The point obviously wasn't to cut off some fat only, but to retain all the other good from the TS! Great goin, bro! Looking forward to the pics eagerly.

Btw, will be talking to you tomorrow, Inshallah.

Take Care.

Regards.
    Last edited by AK47; 01-08-2013 at 01:45 AM.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

im unable to picture how your gun would be looking. cant wait to see the pics. by the way i am amazed at how you come up with such ideas. bravo!

p.s i always thought heavier springs were good for taming recoil but....

hahaha
    most of us come for the eye candy but you made me read....
    and i finally learned what lighter springs are for

what brand springs did you get ?

Interesting project sir. For a noob like myself, I'm forced to look up stuff in a separate tab to understand what you are doing, thereby increasing my knowledge! So thank you and looking forward to reading and seeing more on this project.

Also have a question on recoil springs. I have an RIA 1911 .22 tcm / 9mm on hand. I'm not using 9mm with the 7 lb .22 spring for fear of causing damage to the gun ( which, I had soo far presumed, can be caused by the slide moving at a higher than design velocity ) . Am I being paranoid here ?
    "Stop acting so small! You are the universe in ecstatic motion." - Rumi

@Moeen Bhai as we talked over the phone the project turned out to be the master work piece. Looking forward to my trip to Pak. and to hold the gun and the muzzle towards plates.

I know the hard-work, all the sweating and all the drama of the bits. You did a great job which no one else can dare to even think of it.

Congrats bro.
    Last edited by Glockcohlic; 01-08-2013 at 02:24 AM.
    If Guns cause crime, mine must be defective.

wow this is great...
    Ahmad

Blog Entries
    Absolutely amazing! Just checked the pics.

This is probably the best looking handgun I've ever seen! What a Tango Beauty, Moeen bro, yes " TS TANGO ELITE " should probably have been THE name for this model!

I'm stunned and itching to hold it bro!

Let's hear from the range about it, absolutely great!

Congratulations.

Regards.
    Last edited by AK47; 01-08-2013 at 03:00 AM.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Lord of War
    Amazing work done....

What do you expect, what would be the effect of this modification on the gun's working-life?
    Dr. Awan

Lord of War
    Duplicate post: deleted
    Dr. Awan

Moin Bhai Great work...its very daing of you i must say.

Amazing job. The gun looks more practical and more beautiful now.
    It is always the empty gun which kills.
    www.gondals.blogspot.com

Moeen Bhai
    Your projects have never ceased to impress me; not that I am the Lord of Ideas , but the fact remains that your thinking process is a marvel of its own. Cheers Sir. Reference to another thread in which you posted the picture of a happily married Glock and S&W , I believe and pray that its never the end of it and you keep on amazing us from time to time. May Allah give you more and more perfection. Ameen

@AK47
    Sir, I think your suggested name sticks to this beauty better than the one engraved on its side. lol

BIG & SEXY

That is all.
    In vestri nomen Imperator Invictus!

Awesome Moeen Bro, it feels really good to see guys like you exist in our country who spend so much of their energies and resources on R&D and development... Stay Safe and Blessed...
    If God didn't want us to have GUNS, He wouldn't have given us GUN fingers...

Wow moeen bhai. This is truly amazing.
    It gets me thinking, since I carry a cz pcr iwb holster, and it can weigh one down during the course of the day. Is it possible/advisable to do something like this to a cc weapon.

Salam All,
    @AK47 - lolz, yes this time you did come up first for the comments. Come over sometime and we can do the Gclub. Thanks.
    @Colt1911 - thanks.
    @Muhammad M - I am getting Wolf Springs in 14,12,10 lbs weight.
    @SZBR - I think that that spring is too light for the 9mm and that it should be atleast 10lbs, then again the slide is also very light meaning its made out of some other process. I would try to use increase the recoil springs.
    @Glockcohlic - I am waiting for your arrival.
    @MAWA - thanks and I hear you are in ISB/RWP area, lets meet up sometime.
    @Arawan - bro, as long as the slide is not being battered against the frame it should last the same.
    @Madham - thanks
    @Hamid - thank you.
    @Jibz - Ameen and Thanks Sir.
    @Ahnab - It better be... you pushed me to do the grip slotting... lolz. A great idea thanks.
    @Raff - thanks.
    @KKhan8 - its possible but NOT recommended for compact handguns or gun with barrels of around 3" as the mass is already too little to move around. I am sure however the frame can be lightened if its steel.

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

@Moeen
    Out of curiosity, will it possible to trim the fat on my 1911? Maybe port the slide and slot the grip?
    In vestri nomen Imperator Invictus!

the gun looks like a hollywood actress who has taken off a few clothing items to show her beauty.s£%y!

sir with the kind of knowledge that you have, you should open your own custom gun shop

Salam All,
    @Ahnab - I am loving this reply. Can you part with your gun for a few weeks? lolz. Yes, anything is possible but you must sign a liability waiver - lolz -

@Colt 1911 - lolz, thanks, so now you too are leaning towards its initial name suggestion 'StripTease'. As for the gun shop, I am looking for a license, have been but thus far no luck.