PDA

View Full Version : Old Doves And Pigeons

Birdshooter007
16-07-2012, 10:45 PM
Found these in my other PC...... sweet memories - at Ravi.. yeah there was just 1 partridge there but out of range. Totally no wildlife left in the area except a handful of doves, maybe.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/B77W/Summers12022.jpg
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/B77W/Summers12017.jpg

Yes..... this is the RIVER.
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/B77W/Summers12029.jpg
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/B77W/Summers12033.jpg
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/B77W/Summers12035.jpg
http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/B77W/Summers12036.jpg

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb399/B77W/Summers12038.jpg

junaid ali
16-07-2012, 11:13 PM
awesome chaudry bro

Birdshooter007
17-07-2012, 12:04 AM
That was my first hunt shooting flying birds.

ajmal virk
17-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Nice pictures ch bro.

imdad ali
17-07-2012, 09:54 AM
good shooting chaudary saab, nice pics.

Trigger_happy78
17-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Nice pics and very good shooting bro.

Ashkaari
17-07-2012, 11:58 AM
nice shooting ch bro.
btw local collared doves are not considered as hunting specie in our area.

Birdshooter007
17-07-2012, 12:03 PM
Thanks everybody

nice shooting ch bro.
btw local collared doves are not considered as hunting specie in our area.
Thanks.

BTW I don't live in your area so don't wish to know whether they're considered a hunting specie there or not. :target:
BTW I consider them a game bird like millions of other hunters :D

Laino
17-07-2012, 04:56 PM
Nice pictures Chaudhary bro and i totaly agree with you that its a game bird

ajmal virk
17-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Ch bro tell us the brand of double barrel.

raja yasir
17-07-2012, 06:24 PM
good old hunt and Ashkaari bro is right as well collared doves are not considered as game bird in a lots of places even nearby our location and those locations are good for us .

Ashkaari
17-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks everybody

Thanks.

BTW I don't live in your area so don't wish to know whether they're considered a hunting specie there or not. :target:
BTW I consider them a game bird like millions of other hunters :D

You are very right bro.
May I ask how old are you???

Ashkaari
17-07-2012, 10:11 PM
These doves we are used to hunt, though they are illegal to hunt in Punjab (illogical ban btw), BUT legal to hunt at our part.

Ashkaari
17-07-2012, 10:31 PM
good old hunt and Ashkaari bro is right as well collared doves are not considered as game bird in a lots of places even nearby our location and those locations are good for us .

G Raja sahib, as we all know these common doves are not a shy bird like other challenging game birds, they are even nesting in the trees of house yards.
We were also killing them with air-gun in our childhood but as soon as we were able to hold the shotgun, the first lesson we learned from our elders to spare these poor doves.
Being our neighbor birds they deserved some kindness.

BUT my belief is "every hunter (including me) become opportunist while holding a loaded gun".
Everybody has FULL right to make his own code of conduct. Like nowdays GEO TV is making their own GEO ASOOL.

No hard feeling at all. Cheers

raja yasir
17-07-2012, 11:04 PM
G Raja sahib, as we all know these common doves are not a shy bird like other challenging game birds, they are even nesting in the trees of house yards.
We were also killing them with air-gun in our childhood but as soon as we were able to hold the shotgun, the first lesson we learned from our elders to spare these poor doves.

BUT my belief is "every hunter (including me) become opportunist while holding a loaded gun".
Everybody has FULL right to make his own code of conduct. Like nowdays GEO TV is making their own GEO ASOOL.

There are places where they dont hunt labair and the reason they say is it comes from so far and its also a very beautiful bird.And i started of with shotgun hunting with my elders but i like air gun better i feels more ethical to me to kill single bird with one shot i only use shotguns for flying shots ,the places where collard doves are hunted they are very shy and give a challenging hunt.Personally i like labair hunting more but for that have to go very far .
And ch bro is a good hunter why are you asking his age.

Denovo87
17-07-2012, 11:07 PM

Nice to read an honest acknowledgement; IMHO its most effective way to teach youngsters instead of just start beating them with "I am the ONLY born ethical hunter" stick ;) by the way OP is a kid so has all the right to start like most of the hunters started from.

raja yasir
17-07-2012, 11:15 PM
These doves we are used to hunt, though they are illegal to hunt in Punjab (illogical ban btw), BUT legal to hunt at our part.
That is nice hunt bro

Ameer
18-07-2012, 10:33 AM

What ever u said brother is very true,
take care

Laino
18-07-2012, 03:39 PM

Nice hunt bro

Avais
18-07-2012, 04:18 PM
G Raja sahib, as we all know these common doves are not a shy bird like other challenging game birds, they are even nesting in the trees of house yards. We were also killing them with air-gun in our childhood but as soon as we were able to hold the shotgun, the first lesson we learned from our elders to spare these poor doves. Being our neighbor birds they deserved some kindness. BUT my belief is "every hunter (including me) become opportunist while holding a loaded gun". Everybody has FULL right to make his own code of conduct. Like nowdays GEO TV is making their own GEO ASOOL. No hard feeling at all. Cheers Absolutely true. Brother each and every word of your message reveals you a mature hunter.

Ashkaari
18-07-2012, 05:16 PM
@ Avais sb, Ameer sb, Liano, Denevo & Raja Sb.THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR KINDNESS.

Afzaal
18-07-2012, 05:28 PM

agreed Ashkaari bro word by word of your post/thoughts
maybe most of us have started with air guns on these poor doves and stopped when holded a shotgun because theres no challenge in killing poor birds.

thumbs up Ashkaari bro

Regards

Birdshooter007
18-07-2012, 07:38 PM
Well well well............... lets get started,

Ch bro tell us the brand of double barrel.
1st one is a MERKEL Model 8
2nd one is a Holland And Holland Royal Hammerless Ejector

Yup just like we don't consider BOARS game while the rest of the world does.

You are very right bro.
May I ask how old are you???
30-

Rightly said,
I don't believe in preaching on online forums and doing the exact opposite in reality..... like the FB group where everyone is slaughtering wildlife, E.g Hazara people poach pheasants which are a protected bird and not a game bird for that matter..,
People shooting 14 Ibex at a time, etc.

Nice to read an honest acknowledgement; IMHO its most effective way to teach youngsters instead of just start beating them with "I am the ONLY born ethical hunter" stick ;) by the way OP is a kid so has all the right to start like most of the hunters started from.
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA :rofl:

agreed Ashkaari bro word by word of your post/thoughts
maybe most of us have started with air guns on these poor doves and stopped when holded a shotgun because theres no challenge in killing poor birds.

thumbs up Ashkaari bro

Regards
Hmmmmmm.... maybe? But I think airgun hunting is MUCH more ethical than with shotguns..

Guys can you read the opening statement of this thread "Totally no wildlife left in the area except a handful of doves, maybe." Thanks to who? Pakistani hunters...... or should I say poachers who preach ethical hunting to others for slaughtering the remaining prey themselves???? Can somebody plz release some ringneck pheasants or black francolins there so I can shoot them>
Who says doves are not game birds??? I believe anyone who says this is out of his senses?

Ashkaari
18-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Bravo Ch. Sahib!!!!

I do not want to prolong this discussion due to certain reasons.

As far as Pheasants are concerned, trust me they are in very good numbers in our Alpine forests.

Birdshooter007
19-07-2012, 12:05 AM
Bravo Ch. Sahib!!!!

As far as Pheasants are concerned, trust me they are in very good numbers in our Alpine forests.
Ahan? That ain't making them legal to shoot either way..... that's straightforward poaching.

p.s Better enjoy the pics instead of degrading other's hunts.

p.s 2 Majority of Pheasant are not game birds in Pakistan

Denovo87
19-07-2012, 12:10 AM
Bravo Ch. Sahib!!!!

But lot n lot less than the doves we have in our Rachna region ;)

Birdshooter007
19-07-2012, 12:31 AM
But lot n lot less than the doves we have in our Rachna region ;)
This was in the Bari region so I mentioned alot less game.

Ashkaari
19-07-2012, 09:01 AM
Ahan? That ain't making them legal to shoot either way..... that's straightforward poaching. Also there's a member from your region "Superustadji". I remember he put up pics of Monal and other rare pheasants. And you mentioned you're in Kamran Rashid's group....

p.s Better enjoy the pics instead of degrading other's hunts.

p.s 2 Majority of Pheasant are not game birds in Pakistan

Little Brother CH. I guess you are taking this discussion very "seriously".
By the passage of time you will surely learn that in our beautiful Pakistan hunting rules and regulations are written only in books. Nobody (me first) can claim the LEGAL HUNTING. Same like the common doves you killed are not LEGAL to hunt in Punjab, am i right?
Brother as I said I do not want to indulge myself in this useless discussion due to certain reasons.

Pheasants:
For your kind info, there are Just TWO groups in your country who has the GUTS to hunt Monal. you may know that the habitat of Monal is above tree line. One has to have very strong LUNGS to reach in Monal Bonanza where oxygen level is very very low. And strong LEGS are needed too, we are not claiming ourselves as Strong, actually we are climatized.
Wildlife of KPK issuing special pheasant permit for you kind info. (Only National Parks are Strictly Closed Area).

My Dear Brother Ch. Finally I hereby asking you for a favour, please delete the name of the person not present in our this particular discussion. MOD are requested too.

thanks

Birdshooter007
19-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Little Brother CH. I guess you are taking this discussion very "seriously".
By the passage of time you will surely learn that in our beautiful Pakistan hunting rules and regulations are written only in books. Nobody (me first) can claim the LEGAL HUNTING. Same like the common doves you killed are not LEGAL to hunt in Punjab, am i right?
Brother as I said I do not want to indulge myself in this useless discussion due to certain reasons.

Pheasants:
For your kind info, there are Just TWO groups in your country who has the GUTS to hunt Monal. you may know that the habitat of Monal is above tree line. One has to have very strong LUNGS to reach in Monal Bonanza where oxygen level is very very low. And strong LEGS are needed too, we are not claiming ourselves as Strong, actually we are climatized.
Wildlife of KPK issuing special pheasant permit for you kind info. (Only National Parks are Strictly Closed Area).

My Dear Brother Ch. Finally I hereby asking you for a favour, please delete the name of the person not present in our this particular discussion. MOD are requested too.

thanks
Little brother Ashkaari,
I never take online forum discussions seriously as there's literally nothing to it.
I totally know how it works in our country be it hunting rules or regulations or any other, but this forum is not the place for it. That doesn't make you prone to the rules.

Be kind enough to read the title "Old Doves and Pigeons"
Let common sense prevail - 'common doves' or more appropriately "Collared doves" were not banned in Punjab since 1857... come on?
You mean those who shot Markhors with permits in 1990s were poaching as Markhor is now banned? Lolz????

I am not a tad bit concerned how pheasants are shot, AND I'M SURE KPK Wildlife Deptt. is sensible enough not to offer Female Monal and other rare breed permits.

Denovo87
19-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Ashakari & Chaudhry brathran; its time to stop this discussion/argument as its going nowhere neither its benifitting shikari's or shikar ;)

Whose name do you want to be deleted Ashakri bro? is it the gentleman you posted a picture of?

Ashkaari
20-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Little brother Ashkaari,
I never take online forum discussions seriously as there's literally nothing to it.
I totally know how it works in our country be it hunting rules or regulations or any other, but this forum is not the place for it. That doesn't make you prone to the rules.

Be kind enough to read the title "Old Doves and Pigeons"
Let common sense prevail - 'common doves' or more appropriately "Collared doves" were not banned in Punjab since 1857... come on?
You mean those who shot Markhors with permits in 1990s were poaching as Markhor is now banned? Lolz????

I am not a tad bit concerned how pheasants are shot, AND I'M SURE KPK Wildlife Deptt. is sensible enough not to offer Female Monal and other rare breed permits.

Mate!

I repeat I dont want to prolong this discussion with you. I've already made my view point in my initial posts. And got my answer/response from the experienced hunters.

Ashkaari
20-07-2012, 11:32 AM
Ashakari & Chaudhry brathran; its time to stop this discussion/argument as its going nowhere neither its benifitting shikari's or shikar ;)

Whose name do you want to be deleted Ashakri bro? is it the gentleman you posted a picture of?

Agreed Mod. I assure you no more poet from me in this particular thread.

Regarding the deletion: Yes im talking about the same...BUT as for as deletion is concerned, it is up to you Mod to keep or delete. your decision is final and will be appreciated.

Denovo87
20-07-2012, 01:15 PM
Agreed Mod. I assure you no more poet from me in this particular thread.

Regarding the deletion: Yes im talking about the same...BUT as for as deletion is concerned, it is up to you Mod to keep or delete. your decision is final and will be appreciated.

Thanks Ashkari bro for your understanding & keeping your cool. Chauhdry bro already done the deletion from his post; he's such brilliant kid ;)

Masroor
18-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Birdshooter007 (http://www.pakguns.com/member.php?3199-Birdshooter007)
http://www.pakguns.com/images/statusicon/user-offline.png Br Nice Pictures Thanks For Lovely Share.

BUGTI-41
27-09-2012, 12:43 AM
very beautiful hunt of doves