PDA

View Full Version : REVIEW: TAURUS PT 1911, A Sleek Beautiful Monster!

AK47
11-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Salams! The 1911 handgun has yielded quite some attention here on PG lately, with quite a number of member acquisitions during past few months and this not for no reasons at all, something you’ll have a feel of only after taking the darn beast into your bare hands, which coincidentally happens to be more popular now than it was a 100 years back and with a popularity momentum on the gain, still.

Most post-WW2 weapons today have become antique and collection items only, whereas this predator from WW1 still lasts and seems to be retaining it's worth as a choice HD/SD/Combat weapon.

Yes, we’ve had quite some discussion on the weapon before and in numerous threads here, covering all the goods and bads of the 1911 John Browning original, yet I must say, despite of all grey shades, the handgun by itself has such a charm and charisma to it, that once you grab it firmly in your hands, the first impression and instantaneous feeling you get is inevitably: " This is a REAL gun, a toy from the "Men’z" department", lolz!

I really had scruples about posting my recent addition here on the forum, partly coz the handgun has been portrayed numerous times before and discussed at length, and partly because I do not favor posting a weapon here for display only, without a brief or general firing review for the benefit of our readers, which I’m sadly hindered from doing this month, due to the lasting Ramazan peace, and that too with very “itchy” fingers, trust me, lolz!

Inshallah a full fledged review shall follow at earliest convenience and I intend to check it out for both deliberate firing accuracy, as well as for target re-acquisition during instantaneous rapid firing on multiple distance targets, and shall be back here in this thread with an in-depth range report later.

So far, allow me to sneak in here, have really been missing the forum during my 3 months long vacations, nice to be back again, have totally forgotten how to operate a PC, lolz!

A pre-Ramazan Lahore flash visit brought me home this Taurus PT 1911 beauty with latest Matte Finish. Date of manufacture as per box was Feb, 2011:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/NIB1911.jpg

And a bit of "sweets" added:

Pearce Grip inlays:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/Pearce1911Rubbergrips.jpg

A pair of Dymondwood grips:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/1911woodGrips.jpg

A cheap holster by Saddler's:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/1911holster.jpg

And The Customized Beast:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/Pic1Notorious-1.jpg

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/Pic2.jpg

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/Pic31REAL.jpg

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/Pic4.jpg
http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/Pic52.jpg

The black factory grips are plastic and are very thin but feel good in the hand especially for those with smaller hands. I chose to put a pair of the only original Taurus PT 1911 manufactured grips by Raascogrips.com on mine. I love the texture of these grips.

The grooved inlays by Pearce really secure a very firm hold on the gun, and though Taurus original texture on the gun frame itself gets hidden away with these fitted on, I'd still recommend them for both the outlook of the gun, yet primarily for the much stabler hold of a heavy recoil caliber. Installation is easy, original grip screws cross through for fixture.

Taurus really did a great job with the "finish" of this gun, everything is so smooth n' silk, the ambi safety is a pleasure to use and employs/deploys very smoothly.

The trigger Taurus uses is a proprietary part that needs no adjustment even though it does have an adjustment screw. On a couple of dry-fires, I noted a complete "stand still" of the gun in hands with the hammer drop, the best feel of hammer release that you could have, excellent! With a trigger like this and the 5" long barrel, I expect it to behave well in my hands.

The best feature of my personal preferences with the 1911 is the manner by which the safety is employed. It just can't be employed without a cocked hammer, hence with live firepower only! This basically manifests that this weapon is and was meant as a pure combat weapon and is the fastest weapon out into action with one in the pipe, from the cocked n' locked status.

Weighing in at above a Kg, all loaded, it's heavy metal indeed, but somehow, I've never been able to distinguish much before 850-900 grams and a 1000 of same, so no issue here, it's primarily an HD weapon, but with a comfortable shoulder holster, I do intend to winter carry it for SD occasionally.

The Grip safety ensures the gun only fires when intentionally held in the hands to do so, and I just can't wait to shoot it out!

Finally, before I leave to re-appear here with the range report - anytime during this month - let me use the opportunity to express my gratitude to Notorious bro, a member of PG and dear friend in Canada, who so diligently pursued all my customization requirements and secured me the add ons above. We really have lots to thank Chief for, in terms of such nicely knit brotherhood that we're all part of, all around the world. Thanks once again Notorious bro, your nick really did justice to the gun itself, lolz! And you're a gem of a friend at personal level, owe you a dinner and much more, anytime you step onto Pakistani soil.

See you all in part II, Inshallah.

Regards.

Maximus
11-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Epic Post!
Mubrook and nicely outlined picture of the well known 45.
Happy to see you are pursuing your wishlist. Always appreciate the effort you put in with the illustrative and well structured posts. Congratulations! and Happy Independence Day in ADVANCE! :)

mhrehman
11-08-2011, 09:48 PM
AK Bro, congrats, now you have to take some time out for range testing. Once again Congrats bro, the grips are amazing :)

Huzaifa
11-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Nice machine brother AK47, thanks for sharing & knowledgeable review. Wonderful.

Wolf Hunter
11-08-2011, 10:02 PM
After aftari seeing these marvellous pictures really joy is added to this rainy evening.Congrats

Denovo87
11-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Congrats (officially) AK bro... nice pre-range review, beeeauuuutiful photography & excellent grips. Waiting for the cherry popping day and review ;) dont remember if I showed you mine with new grip setup or not, so just to add bit more spice in your thread,

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss220/denovo87/PT%201911/1911grips.jpg

Aquarius
11-08-2011, 10:38 PM
Wow those grips are looking really sexy.. how will I sleep tonight.

So at last you secure this beauty.. and I am damn sure after firing it at the range, you will definately fall more in love with this monster.

BTW if we ever get a chance to meet in near future which I am sure we will, don't bring this beast with those sexy grips, otherwise you won't be able to see those gorgeous grips any more Lolzzz.

One excellent acquisition I must say.. accept my heartiest congrats AK brother.. now I'll be waiting impatiently for its range report.

Aquarius
11-08-2011, 10:44 PM
dont remember if I showed you mine with new grip setup or not, so just to add bit more spice in your thread,

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss220/denovo87/PT%201911/1911grips.jpg

Den bro you are a Chuppa Rustam.. from where did you get those grips & whats the dollar side story.. its really looking cooool.

Denovo87
11-08-2011, 10:51 PM
Den bro you are a Chuppa Rustam.. from where did you get those grips & whats the dollar side story.. its really looking cooool.

Thanks Aquarius bro, dollar side of the whole grips, finger grove & golden screws is $100+, waiting for another grip setup to be delivered ;)

Ameer
11-08-2011, 11:11 PM
Good to see you Sir Ak-47, i am missing your posts in these days. Congratulations for this buy, excellent photography indeed.

Dr Zakir
11-08-2011, 11:15 PM
good to see u after a while. and nice grips ak 47 and denovo bahi

Arslan_tareen
11-08-2011, 11:27 PM
@ak47 Brother Great review and what a beauty you got there now , waiting for some boom boom review soon .
@Denvo Brother what a beauty and awesome grips have turned this ugly ducklings into one nice chick ;)

AK47
12-08-2011, 12:00 AM
Thanks everybody!

@Denovo bro..........Lolz! Thanks, I still can't remember if you inspired me for this monster, or I inspired you, whatever, yet nice to see your customizations too, no doubts a nice lay out there!

You'll be my local Willy's "vendor" here bro, so better start stocking up of all extra's, lolz!

@Mhrehman........Nice to hear from you Sir!

@Aquarius............Lolz! Thanks Sir for the NWFP "alert", Inshallah I'll be careful, and for sure you'll hear some .45Acp "thrak, thrak", soon, lolz!

@Dr. Zakir Sb.........Thanks Sir.

@Ameer.....Thanks bro.

@Wolf Hunter........Glad to know of your Aftaari "topping" on the desert, lolz!

@Arsalan........Bro, thanks.

@Maximus........Lolz! Thanks. Nice to see you coincidentally online, whenever I post a new thread!

@Denovo87..........Thanks for the "spices" bro, let me add some more, with special thanks to Naveed, who found me this holster, with velvety ultra soft for inner:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/1911Holstered.jpg

Memon
12-08-2011, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=Aquarius;205948]Wow those grips are looking really sexy.. how will I sleep tonight.

Nice words ...................... I am also inspired and defiantly I would also used same word "SEXY" for its look.

Really excellent acquisition.

Regards,

Aquarius
12-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Thanks everybody!
with special thanks to Naveed, who found me this holster, with velvety ultra soft for inner:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/1911Holstered.jpg

Is it a belt/Hip holster.. can you post the other side of this holster.

Apalo
12-08-2011, 12:49 AM
MashAllah, you get a beautiful item and you made him sexy. I was planning for a duty but after seeing your monster I am double minded

arfat110
12-08-2011, 01:07 AM
one most hot looking 1911 in pakistan nice grips ak bro

s.cheema
12-08-2011, 01:45 AM
is the taurus 1911 available here in 9mm or only .45

Naveed_pk
12-08-2011, 11:29 AM
@ Ak bro first of all Congratulations "officially" for acquiring this beautiful beast . I must say the Pics are mouth watering and after seeing these pics everyone want to hold your "1911" .

On another note i want to say " I want my 1911 " back . Lols !! which i sold on a very low price without these grips !!

siqbal41
12-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Welcome back and congratulations AK Sir. Really inspiring review and pictures showing professional level of photography. I don't have words, just want to say "awesome".

I was already in love with PT 1911 but after viewing your photographs, my love increase on highest level for this beauty. Now you will be responsible for the increased sale of PT 1911, Lolz.

Waiting for the range review and congrats again for the beautiful baby.

Regards,

Dr Zakir
12-08-2011, 01:09 PM
This is the reason of popularity of 1911 there r so many accessories and customization available that it makes your pistol unique and beautiful .

Silent killerr
12-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Congratulation, i really like the modification, please share the price and availability of these grips.

Xerga
12-08-2011, 02:18 PM
dear AK 47 - now i must say... it is quite a mouth watering temptation. BRAVO!!!

pictures are awesome.... picking the right words to introduce your new purchase and your feelings towards it..... just accurate, cent per cent. it would be nearly a SIN if i dont give you 10 out of 10 on this......

Nicely Done!

Topak
12-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Congrats AK Sb for new gun, so BABA G came down from hills with this jewel LOL ;)
very nice grips and Photography this time is very professional. Hope you will not attach any more accessories with it other than the grips already added. ;0
Denovo Sir very good grips you got there....are these wooden or plastic moulded ?

HussainAli
12-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Dear AK47 Bro, Very nice weapon & pre-range review, will be waiting for a detailed "Range" review & your exparince with your new "Love".

Regards

GUNFREAK
12-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow! What a mean beautiful pistol. The grips really change the image alltogether. Congrats brother!!

regards

Mani
12-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Congrats AK bro.. beeeauuuutiful photography & excellent grips, waoooo

ACHILLES
12-08-2011, 10:05 PM
NICE picture as well as gun.

Zeeshan Malik
12-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Mashallah bhai many congrates happy and safe shooting .

AK47
13-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Thanks everybody.

@Dr. Aquarius........Sir, a belt/hip holster with a clip on the reverse side. Yet I intend to try customizing it for vertically placed shoulder carry.

@Naveed.......Lolzzzz! Well, did I pay you anything at all, wasn't it a gift from you? Lolz!

@Xerga.......Thanks bro, I know those words are coming straight from your heart, lolz! Appreciated.

@SK........Thanks bro. No idea of the price here, as these are not available over here I think. I had them imported.

@Sigbal 41........Go for it bro, no regrets!

Regards.

AK47
13-08-2011, 01:01 AM
Congrats AK Sb for new gun, so BABA G came down from hills with this jewel LOL ;)
very nice grips and Photography this time is very professional. Hope you will not attach any more accessories with it other than the grips already added. ;0
Denovo Sir very good grips you got there....are these wooden or plastic moulded ?

Lolz Topak bro! Thanks. Jewels go with mountain Baba's as well, ha ha ha!

No more accessories, yet I do have a certain recoil guide rod in mind, lolz!

Regards.

HussnainAyub
13-08-2011, 06:39 AM
congrats to AK47 bro.........sir G beautiful pictures....

coolbox18
13-08-2011, 06:26 PM
congratulations AK47 sb.

Your photography almost does justice to this classic.

I hope you have not overlooked the requirement of one essential accessory, or should I say, spares :tape:

AK47
13-08-2011, 07:03 PM
congratulations AK47 sb.

Your photography almost does justice to this classic.

I hope you have not overlooked the requirement of one essential accessory, or should I say, spares :tape:

Lolz Coolbox bro, my parts "vendor" bro along LOC is well connected and has promised Sos assistance, if needed. Will order a dozen perhaps, of those "light bulbs, or a single 500 watt one, lolz! Thanks Hussmainayub bro. Regards.

Trigger_happy78
13-08-2011, 11:00 PM
Congrats on acquiring this beauty Ak47 bro. Nice grips too brother Ak47 and denovo87.

muzammilzafar
14-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Congrats Sir, How much did you paid for it?

cyanide.dipped
15-08-2011, 01:49 AM
Big Brother :) Heartily congrats man!!!! I am so happy that you have become the official member of the 1911 club now :) :)

Those grips are pretty darn cool man. Any update on their tactical capabilities? How does the wooden part feel with sweaty palms etc?

BTW, I think that "screw" is for the mag release button and not the trigger. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't know of any screws that can tweak a 1911 trigger.

Congrats again big brother... <3 your piece!

:thumb:

PS. Dry firing is not good for 1911s bro... so plz keep those itchy fingers off the trigger when there aint no bullet up the chamber ;)
Regards,
CD.

Sonnenkind
15-08-2011, 03:41 PM
AK bro, don't forget to let me in on the plan when you take this baby out to the range

Survivalist
16-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Congrates brother AK47 on acquiring PT1911.

Follwoing article published today in Firearmblog "Taurus PT 1911 Review"

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011/08/16/taurus-pt-1911-review/

Topak
16-08-2011, 02:02 PM
Lolz Topak bro! Thanks. Jewels go with mountain Baba's as well, ha ha ha!

Regards.

bro this time you have to submit an affidavit on oath in the '' Office'' of honourable presiding officer of SALTANAT -E- SIALKOTE promising that you will not add more ''things'' to the poor 1911 other than this ''guided rod'' .... LOLs ;)
by the way is it same Lazer Max guide rod ?

Apalo
16-08-2011, 08:33 PM
bro this time you have to submit an affidavit on oath in the '' Office'' of honourable presiding officer of SALTANAT -E- SIALKOTE promising that you will not add more ''things'' to the poor 1911 other than this ''guided rod'' .... LOLs ;)
nice obligations bro but you did not mention the attestation of an oath commissioner

AK47
16-08-2011, 11:39 PM
Big Brother :) Heartily congrats man!!!! I am so happy that you have become the official member of the 1911 club now :) :)

Those grips are pretty darn cool man. Any update on their tactical capabilities? How does the wooden part feel with sweaty palms etc?

BTW, I think that "screw" is for the mag release button and not the trigger. Please correct me if I am wrong. I don't know of any screws that can tweak a 1911 trigger.

Congrats again big brother... <3 your piece!

:thumb:

PS. Dry firing is not good for 1911s bro... so plz keep those itchy fingers off the trigger when there aint no bullet up the chamber ;)
Regards,
CD.

Thanks CD bro, nice to join you in the club as well.

1) No feed back on the "tactical capabilities" of the grips, with respect to "sweaty palms" so far, have not had a chance to take it to the field still. Yet, the grip is much stabler than with stock grips, palm kind of feels "sucked" towards the grips, one excellent feel.

2) Well, I've not experimented with the trigger screw, nor intend to at all, yet on the "exploded view" of the handgun as per instruction manual, point 6.3 does mention it as "trigger screw", yet I cannot say if it's for tweaking it in or not. More seasoned experts here may have a word on it. Mag release screw is separate.

3) I trust harms of dry-firing are not 1911 specific, but general. I keep my fingers off, yet was thinking to call up Naveed today, to freight over some "springed" .45 snap caps.

@Sonnenkind........thanks bro, I feel you're missing the UAE, lolz! Inshallah, for a planned range visit, I shall let you know for sure, yet for a coincidental one during a village visit, as it usually happens to me, especially if during Ramazan , I may not be able to alert timely, but shall make it then, anytime you wish after Eid, Inshallah. Thanks so much for expressing the desire, appreciated.

@Survivalist.........Thanks a lot bro.

@Muzammil..........Thanks bro, don't know of the actual prices of above, whole thing was a gift package.

Regards.

AK47
17-08-2011, 12:35 AM

@Topak/Apalo.........Lolz! Did you ask the "Sultanate in Sialkot" to produce an affidavit for what's inside his excellency's royal G-19? Lolz! For sure, I don't want to be sued by our forum lawyers, lolz!

Regards.

Apalo
19-08-2011, 01:17 AM
@Topak/Apalo.........Lolz! Did you ask the "Sultanate in Sialkot" to produce an affidavit for what's inside his excellency's royal G-19? Lolz! For sure, I don't want to be sued by our forum lawyers, lolz!

Regards.

Lagta hy ap ko humare zindage nahi azez jo ahsay mashwaray day rahay hain

simpatico
19-08-2011, 10:14 AM
Congrats on the purchase and outstanding photography.

Furrukh
22-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Congratulations AK for a solid buy. Love the sleek photography. Whats the mag capacity ?

cyanide.dipped
26-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Thanks CD bro, nice to join you in the club as well.

1) No feed back on the "tactical capabilities" of the grips, with respect to "sweaty palms" so far, have not had a chance to take it to the field still. Yet, the grip is much stabler than with stock grips, palm kind of feels "sucked" towards the grips, one excellent feel.

2) Well, I've not experimented with the trigger screw, nor intend to at all, yet on the "exploded view" of the handgun as per instruction manual, point 6.3 does mention it as "trigger screw", yet I cannot say if it's for tweaking it in or not. More seasoned experts here may have a word on it. Mag release screw is separate.

3) I trust harms of dry-firing are not 1911 specific, but general. I keep my fingers off, yet was thinking to call up Naveed today, to freight over some "springed" .45 snap caps.

:thumb: for the grips bro...

My bad on the screw thing. lol. Thanks for clearing that up.

Snap caps are a great idea man!

Cool stuff brother! Keep rockin ;)

Regards,

fahadabdal
29-08-2011, 10:17 AM
Cllllaaaaassssssssss

AK47
18-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Thanks everybody. I had let the thread stay idle for pretty long with the missing "popping of the cherry", mainly due to vacations and then hot, hot, sweat-pearling summer.

Ok, for your joy, weather allowed and I finally got a chance to shoot out the monster, and a MONSTER it is, no doubts. I'll let the pics and added texts speak for themselves, since there's literally nothing else to say, apart from that it functioned in flawless manner from shot 1 to end, yet sadly the night was falling and I had to cut short for even more fun next time around. Enjoy.

Regards.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/Photo12Medium-1-1.jpg

And today:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/19118shotsMedium-1.jpg

AK47
18-09-2011, 06:27 AM
And in addition to above review, let me say, this is the best handgun I've ever had a due and satisfactory "response" from, such a joy to shoot that one cannot have enough of the fun.

Target re-acquisition as proved from the shooting above seems pretty fine in rapid mode with the 1911 and all guns were shot in rapid mode one after another, 3 in a row, picked from the table, shot, laid down and onto the next. A vid was sought made of the rapid fire scene, yet somehow my helper fiddled more with his trigger than I did with mine, and it got missed.

Recoil? well, it happens so fast that I never manage to gauge this specifically, all I can say is, it behaved like a GUN and that's it, no more!

Both magazines were tested and the gun locked back properly with both.

Time was very late eve, couldn't shoot more, as you can see, some of the target pics were exposed with flash on!!!

All I can say is:

" Yeh Dil Maange More ", lolz!

My ultimate CONCLUSION:

Silent killerr
18-09-2011, 07:26 AM
AK sir, nice shoot, By the way which place is this?

Arslan_tareen
18-09-2011, 10:30 PM
wow to sum up .. Awesome shooter , Awesome Gun , Awesome settings .
Great cherry popping of the beast Ak 47 bro , though i have always doubted .45s having a cherry ;)
once again you have proven your self not be just good with guns but great with the whole experience .

Moeen
18-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Salam All,
Bhai, Where have you been? Very very nice indeedy. Good to have you back.

Enigmatic Desires
19-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Well Well Well AK bhai.. I was never a fan of the SAA condition 1 concept... But after your review the .45 1911 just kind of sneaked its way into my wish list..
Did any1 ever tell u u have missed your calling in life. an should have been shooting hot models with a camera instead of dummies with guns

Maximus
19-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Ak Bruv.. nicely revived with the outstanding refreshing review of The Toys Reviewed. I am impressed by The Essentials used in the making of this part. Its so well thought out and actually is the need of the day. The Full Picnic The Three Idiots also played a leading role in the successful documentation of the review...hope they are always available for guests ;)

Trigger_happy78
19-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Nice review and good shooting AK47 bro. Congrats once again for the 1911

Topak
19-09-2011, 11:28 AM
very nice review. no doubt its Monster...... i hope your ''lust'' for compact but brutishly powerful gun will End now..
i was looking for some head shots instead of kidneys and spleens ....

12GAUGE
19-09-2011, 11:38 AM
chaa gaye oo bazurgo. good job. you finally decided to let off a few rounds out of your previous 45er. very well written review as well. keep up the good work.

Regards.

Naveed_pk
19-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Nice Cherry Pop of your "1911" Ak bro :) Review is well written specially the 1911 style Pic . "AWESOME". Thanks for sharing with us bro.

AK47
19-09-2011, 12:36 PM
@Arsalan.........Thanks bro for the kind words. Appreciated. And you're absolutely right, the 1911 does not have any "cherries" as such, it's purely a "popper", hahahahaha!

@Moeen.........Thanks dear. Well, I also feel great being back, was off for the yearly tours up north bro.

@SK........Thanks bro. The place is near private land, Burhan.

@ED.........Howdy bro? Thanks, and yes, actually both "shootings" go hand in hand, I never knew I could do them both, lolz!

@TH........Thanks bro, my pleasure.

Regards.

AK47
19-09-2011, 12:42 PM
very nice review. no doubt its Monster...... i hope your ''lust'' for compact but brutishly powerful gun will End now..
i was looking for some head shots instead of kidneys and spleens ....

Lolz! Well, I aimed center mass and to the left a bit, wanted headshots also, but sadly the night was on, and shooting anymore, even on a target, would have been "hawaii", only, lolz!

Yes, no doubts, no more compacts.

Maximus wrote:

Ak Bruv.. nicely revived with the outstanding refreshing review of The Toys Reviewed. I am impressed by The Essentials used in the making of this part. Its so well thought out and actually is the need of the day. The Full Picnic The Three Idiots also played a leading role in the successful documentation of the review...hope they are always available for guests

Thanks bro, always Inshallah, they'll be around for your pleasure, and on top of that, Topak bro even just called them "females", hahahaha!

12G wrote:

chaa gaye oo bazurgo. good job. you finally decided to let off a few rounds out of your previous 45er. very well written review as well. keep up the good work.

Regards.

Hahahaha! Thanks Haji Sahib, for the kind words, my pleasure. Well, it was a great feeling using the trigger finger again after long, could have kept pulling it all night, lolz!

@ Naveed...........Thanks dear.

Sturmgewehr
19-09-2011, 12:47 PM
great shooting.

Denovo87
19-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Nice cherry popping arrangement AK bro ;) this monster really needed such grandeur. You made me itching to visit Wah bro, to shoot at new shooting hardware on this beautiful place.

P.S. Hope extractor survived the cherry popping session ;)

AK47
20-09-2011, 11:08 PM
Nice cherry popping arrangement AK bro ;) this monster really needed such grandeur. You made me itching to visit Wah bro, to shoot at new shooting hardware on this beautiful place.

P.S. Hope extractor survived the cherry popping session ;)

Lolz! I was expecting you to raise a question of some sort on the extractor, hahaha!

Absolutely perfect bro, I was only stopped short of shooting more due to low light conditions. The pics above from my shooting session were exposed with a factor of +3 in light effects of my digi cam, some with flash even, i.e the PG target chart shots above.

Nothing to do with the extractor, and rest assured, I count lots on your "Brownells connection", just in case, lolz!

Welcome to Wah anytime dear.

Regards.

Faisji
20-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Lolz! I was expecting you to raise a question of some sort on the extractor, hahaha!

That reminds me I was looking M1911.org and this guy on it had a PT1911 that was on like 23k rounds in 2 years and only things he changed was recoil spring and added shockbuffers

Nothing to do with the extractor, and rest assured, I count lots on your "Brownells connection", just in case, lolz!

Denovo should really get like a dozen each of the extractors and firing pins and sell them to Gunners with 1911s (on a reasonable commission).

Welcome to Wah anytime dear.

Regards.[/QUOTE]

Syed Adeel
28-09-2011, 01:12 PM
Dear Sir AK 47.....I have read the 1911 saga today here on PG and seen the marvelous pictures of the gun and the guru both. Excellently portrayed in an exquisite surrounding brother. Please accept the official congratulations from an exited and overwhelmed heart. The 100 years old picture is so beautiful.
Regards.

AK47
28-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Dear Sir AK 47.....I have read the 1911 saga today here on PG and seen the marvelous pictures of the gun and the guru both. Excellently portrayed in an exquisite surrounding brother. Please accept the official congratulations from an exited and overwhelmed heart. The 100 years old picture is so beautiful.
Regards.

Lolz! Thanks bro for the kind words, appreciated and in your usual professor language, hahahaha!

Shall rid you of this "excitement" soon, just call me anytime you're ready to own and hold a real PISTAUL in your hand, though black as per your "mentor" will be hard to avail, lolz!

Take care,

Best 1911'ish greetings!

Regards.

spliterz
29-09-2011, 03:20 AM
MashaAllah, what a great gun to have, Best wish's for you brother,

paki.gunner
08-10-2011, 08:39 PM
@AK47 bro, thats a real beauty.:)

Ameer
14-01-2012, 08:38 PM
@AK-47,

sir, whats the width of 1911 at slide, and grips?

AK47
15-01-2012, 02:53 PM
@AK-47,

sir, whats the width of 1911 at slide, and grips?

Ameer bro, I do not know the exact width of the slide, but for sure it's pretty slim. Generally, the width of Taurus 1911 is mentioned as being 1.5 inches, now don't know from where this measured, from the grip width or the slide. The slide itself however appears slimmer. I'll check it out in comparison with some other handgun, probably the Mil Pro .45.ACP.

As for the grips, well, since it's single stacked magazines, I trust it's the slimmest you can encounter with, suits all hand sizes with a very comfortable hold. I usually measure grips from how far my thumb can overlap my index finger, when hand wrapped around the grip. With this one I feel my thumb is reaching well onto the first knuckle of the index finger and that secures a very firm hold.

Hope you got an idea,

Regards.

Ameer
15-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Ameer bro, I do not know the exact width of the slide, but for sure it's pretty slim. Generally, the width of Taurus 1911 is mentioned as being 1.5 inches, now don't know from where this measured, from the grip width or the slide. The slide itself however appears slimmer. I'll check it out in comparison with some other handgun, probably the Mil Pro .45.ACP.

As for the grips, well, since it's single stacked magazines, I trust it's the slimmest you can encounter with, suits all hand sizes with a very comfortable hold. I usually measure grips from how far my thumb can overlap my index finger, when hand wrapped around the grip. With this one I feel my thumb is reaching well onto the first knuckle of the index finger and that secures a very firm hold.

Hope you got an idea,

Regards.

Thanks Sir. Actually some of the guns are thicker at Slide like CF-98 a common example, whose slide is thicker than frame n equivocal with the grip in width. Makarov is thinner at slide than its frame and Grips.

The thickness comparison i made is when i look at the handgun from behind.

regards

Mudassir
17-01-2012, 10:38 AM
@Ak47 bro, truly a beautiful handgun and great shooting arrangement.. i am truly considering one after your review

BaderJanjua
18-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Interesting review. soon I will put up something on .45 cal pistols

AK47
18-01-2012, 10:40 AM
@Ameer, Mudassir............Thanks bros.

@Bader Janjua Sahib........Sir, you always come up with something surprising, I wouldn't doubt you're going to introduce the thing I myself would like to have, probably where the muzzle ends, lolz!

Regards.

semperfi
12-04-2012, 11:23 PM
AK47 Bro An awesome .45 cal pistol!! looks so impressive! I want to buy this but I dont know about its availability...

gunenthusiast
13-04-2012, 11:13 AM
we are still waiting for something on .45 pistols.

Ameer
01-08-2012, 08:49 PM
@all
.45acp preferably Taurus is on me nowadays, what would be the better choice, with rails or without rails. Rails do have an advantage but i feel like the gun may look ugly.

ACHILLES
01-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Nice shootin :)

ACHILLES
01-08-2012, 09:27 PM
thanks everybody. I had let the thread stay idle for pretty long with the missing "popping of the cherry", mainly due to vacations and then hot, hot, sweat-pearling summer.

Ok, for your joy, weather allowed and i finally got a chance to shoot out the monster, and a monster it is, no doubts. I'll let the pics and added texts speak for themselves, since there's literally nothing else to say, apart from that it functioned in flawless manner from shot 1 to end, yet sadly the night was falling and i had to cut short for even more fun next time around. Enjoy.

Regards.

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/photo12medium-1-1.jpg

and today:

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n497/wahstar1/1911/19118shotsmedium-1.jpg

nice shooting bro. But try next male silhouette targets. :) . The one you targeted are female silhouette look alike.

Denovo87
01-08-2012, 09:37 PM
@all
.45acp preferably Taurus is on me nowadays, what would be the better choice, with rails or without rails. Rails do have an advantage but i feel like the gun may look ugly.

A bearded (railed) 1911 no way look n feel a 1911.

Trigger_happy78
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
A bearded (railed) 1911 no way look n feel a 1911.

I Second Denovo87 bro. The one with rails doesn't look like a 1911. The whole beauty of 1911 is its sleek looks.

Ameer
01-08-2012, 10:06 PM
@Denovo87 ...... Thanks Sir, ur simple answer looks satisfactory enough to make my mind to the one e-out rails.

@T_H78 ...... Thanx, Talked to Mazhar Alam Peshawar that the new stock is due next week. I am talking abt the Taurus 1911. Price is still a mystery.

colt 1911
01-08-2012, 10:50 PM
@all

Without rails ofcourse

Trigger_happy78
01-08-2012, 11:09 PM
@Denovo87 ...... Thanks Sir, ur simple answer looks satisfactory enough to make my mind to the one e-out rails.

@T_H78 ...... Thanx, Talked to Mazhar Alam Peshawar that the new stock is due next week. I am talking abt the Taurus 1911. Price is still a mystery.

Bro please keep me posted on the prices of PT1911.

Ameer
02-08-2012, 12:21 AM
@Colt1911, welcome bro after being away for some time, thanks for the straight forward suggestion.

@Trigger_Happy, Will definitely keep u updated about the Taurus 1911.

Aquarius
02-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Agreed.. PT1911 (& all other 1911s) looks more elegant without rails.

AK47
02-08-2012, 01:10 AM
@Ameer......The classic one has been out of stock since
Long.Grab it if you can, and alert us abt availablity, prices. A friend needsb

Regards.

Ameer
02-08-2012, 08:58 AM
@Ameer......The classic one has been out of stock since
Long.Grab it if you can, and alert us abt availablity, prices. A friend needsb

Regards.

Salam Sir, wt do u mean by classic one? Is it eout rails in all steel frame?

Ahnab
02-08-2012, 09:06 AM
Salam Sir, wt do u mean by classic one? Is it eout rails in all steel frame?

A "classic" 1911 is all steel, with the original short-length guide rod and absolutely with NO rails! I HATE rails on a 1911, they simply ruin the perfect look of the gun.

AK47
02-08-2012, 10:30 AM
@Ameer........Ws! You got it from Ahnab, NO RAILS, lol!
A personal friend and fellow PG bro here, has been rejecting the railed since 6 months, despite of "acute" 1911 itch and no cure, lol!

Let know of availability/prices, he needs the dose badly.

Regards.

AK47
02-08-2012, 10:31 AM
@Ameer........Ws! You got it from Ahnab, NO RAILS, lol!
A personal friend and fellow PG bro here, has been rejecting the railed since 6 months, despite of "acute" 1911 itch and no cure, lol!

Let know of availability/prices, he needs the dose badly.

Regards.

Ameer
02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
@AK47, Got it Sir, will keep the update posted here.
@Ahnab, Thanks bro.

Ameer
13-08-2012, 10:25 PM
UPDATE: PT-1911 will arrive after Eid at Fakhre-Alam. All are SS versions.

rmishaq
13-08-2012, 11:06 PM
PARA saying the same and will have both with rails and without rails. I intend to get one if the price is right. But I'm being told that it is over 100K which is quite high.

Avais
13-08-2012, 11:18 PM
PARA saying the same and will have both with rails and without rails. I intend to get one if the price is right. But I'm being told that it is over 100K which is quite high.
Over 100K is too much. We must have a check on dealers while making purchase.

rmishaq
13-08-2012, 11:31 PM
It is just an estimate by the dealer but it has me worried already.

Ameer
14-08-2012, 12:39 AM
I think we should wait for both PARA n Fakhre-Alam, but i hope it wont be more than 90K. I feel like when Mazhar-Alam was talking. BTW whats the price of BrazilianTaurus PT-1911 in dollars, i know in America its 800-900$.

rmishaq
14-08-2012, 12:47 AM
I think the SS one is 950

Ameer
14-08-2012, 01:03 AM
I think the SS one is 950

well then 100K is very reasonable.

Enigmatic Desires
14-08-2012, 02:45 AM
100k is quite reasanable from the Karachi Prospective..

its around 130k or w/o rails here.. And this from a dealer known for his low prices. At one of the top end dealerships its going to be way higher...

Trigger_happy78
14-08-2012, 03:38 PM
well then 100K is very reasonable.

I think this gun is not worth buying if the price is above 90k. If more then why not Zigana 1911 for 60k.

Aquarius
14-08-2012, 04:12 PM
100K for PT 1911 is a little on higher side but its price is not confirmed yet.

Trigger_happy78
14-08-2012, 05:03 PM
100K for PT 1911 is a little on higher side but its price is not confirmed yet.

I Agree +1

AK47
14-08-2012, 06:21 PM
Just finished cleaning/maintaining mine and I wish to withhold my price guesses here, but field stripping this sheer beauty and finding it plainer from the inside than the outer is a pleasure for itself.

You can't find an aesthetically more beautiful handgun it's price segment, it's only downside being a Taurus logo on the slide, though this particular model and the 92 are Taurus line exceptions with respect to performance, credibility.

Wishing aspirants all the best and let me know too, since a friend and mate over here is ready to kill for one, lol!

Regards.

sadatpk
14-08-2012, 07:09 PM
Respected sir T.H and Ak47,,,IMHO when we gun enthusiasts hv purchased a gun then its price does not matter,only it is to be observed whether our friends who have not yet purchased should go to the same deal or not, both Taurus and Zig 1911s r awesome and must have weapons ,here it is worth mentioning that we are also to see which gun is proper in budget and fine in work,keeping this view i would prefer Zig1911 but other 1911s have their own worth

AK47
15-08-2012, 08:33 AM
@Sadatpk......You're right bro. But wait till you hold the Taurus one in your hands.

The Zigana is no doubts a reasonable purchase and nice budget option and new entrant, but best comparison between these two is not possible from watching pics of them here.

You need to have them both live before you to check for the differences, not only the aesthetics, where the Taurus is quite beautifully detailed and superior, but also with respect to the mechanical action smoothness of things like hammer, mag release button, slide catch lever, probably trigger smoothness also, after which I'm sure some would consider the extra mileage worthy going for.

Bear in mind also, that a simple $500 Taurus 92 is going 70k+ these days, and Taurus recently upped their prices.

Still I'd say, dealers have room for leniency below 100k, Lahore, old prices were 75-80k's, I personally acquired the reviewed piece here at 78k's, last year.

Regards.

Enigmatic Desires
16-08-2012, 03:46 AM
78k..

its 130 + an still rising here :(

rmishaq
18-08-2012, 06:12 PM
@AK47 & Denovo bros. I am really looking forward to getting my PT1911 by the end of September (without the rails ofcourse :)). But I'm gonna need some guidance on how to go about getting the grips set up on your respective guns. The "where and how" to order part. I actually found the PT1911 to have slimmer grips than my preference so I also want to see if I can make em slight thicker.

Advice and guidance from anybody else is also welcome!!

Denovo87
18-08-2012, 07:01 PM
@rmishaq bro; I dont think 1911 makeover ideas can be advise or taught; they just start coming as soon as you decide to own one ;) you automatically divert your google search to 1911 from every khurafat else you were into ;)

rmishaq
18-08-2012, 07:20 PM
I found raasco grips online yesterday :) but wanted suggestions on how to make the grip slightly thicker for my big paws. I have other ideas but I'm gonna first see what is needed on the gun needs. The grip I'm sure of

Denovo87
18-08-2012, 07:28 PM
Look at American Legend grip and you can purchase them online from here http://www.pachmayr.com/home/semi-auto-grips.php .
I have same on my 1911 it make grip look sesky and feel beefy with extra edge of finger grooves.

rmishaq
18-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Thanks. I'm checking it out right now. They look good and pretty much what I'm looking for. What can I expect in terms of delivery time and charges?

Denovo87
18-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks. I'm checking it out right now. They look good and pretty much what I'm looking for. What can I expect in terms of delivery time and charges?

I really dont remember shipping cost but delivery time was reasonably fast got goods delivered in around 10 days. Secondly I didnot purchase 1911 grips from them directly (got these from some one here who brought from US) I actually bought rifle pads, snap caps etc from this site.

Trigger_happy78
18-08-2012, 10:18 PM
I found raasco grips online yesterday :) but wanted suggestions on how to make the grip slightly thicker for my big paws. I have other ideas but I'm gonna first see what is needed on the gun needs. The grip I'm sure of

Bro i had the same issue with my 1911, I always preffer thicker grips. The grips i ordered for my 1911 has 2 pieces of plastic that you can put under them making it as thick as you want. But i you just use the grip its as slim as the original one.

rmishaq
18-08-2012, 10:20 PM
Wow!! 10 days is actually quite good :) and I guess the address was not an issue either. Did you order directly from the site? Coz Brownells is also offering the same grips. Either way ... Know have found what I was looking for ... And a couple of other things!!
Once you start on this, it's very difficult to differentiate between things you want and things you actually need ;)

Denovo87
18-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Wow!! 10 days is actually quite good :) and I guess the address was not an issue either. Did you order directly from the site? Coz Brownells is also offering the same grips. Either way ... Know have found what I was looking for ... And a couple of other things!!
Once you start on this, it's very difficult to differentiate between things you want and things you actually need ;)

Yeh brownells also have these but 2 hiccups (a) brownells not shipping anything to Pakistan currently (2) they didnt ship these specific grips to Pakistan when they were shipping others, I tried twice but they removed these from my list & sent all other items.

rmishaq
18-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Ah!! Ok then I guess I'll order from this place. Thanks Boss!!!

AK47
19-08-2012, 12:10 AM
Lolz! You seem to like having things my way: acquire the extra's first, gun later. My items were purchased 6 months before the gun arrived, lolz! Anyhow, Den is the online guru/wizard with respect to the right routes, and he still owes me one particular item, if he still remembers, lol! Best of luck, the grips mounted on mine are Raasco's that were sent over by a friend and pg mate. Raasco's are so far the only Taurus 1911 specific grips manufactured. This with respect to width vs Colt's. And then the ambi safety course. The thickness is slightly increased. If you want beefier, go Pachmeyr. Regards.

Trigger_happy78
19-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Yeh brownells also have these but 2 hiccups (a) brownells not shipping anything to Pakistan currently (2) they didnt ship these specific grips to Pakistan when they were shipping others, I tried twice but they removed these from my list & sent all other items.

Not only Brownells isn't delivering to Pakistan but i ordered the exact grips that denovo87 bro has on his 1911 on ebay and Pachmyar cancelled mine too, saying they don't ship here. So i ordered other one....

rmishaq
19-08-2012, 05:07 PM
So that means no one is delivering here!?

AK47
19-08-2012, 10:45 PM
So that means no one is delivering here!?If you can't work out a personal channel, best is to talk to some importer friend. At bit extra charge, he may be able to help you.I may order a few items this way, once back home. Get the gun, then we'll see, if you are interested. Regards.

Denovo87
19-08-2012, 11:30 PM
So that means no one is delivering here!?

Give the link I quoted a try, as I bought some items from them & got delivered without any problem. Dont worry they will not charge for anything they cant ship ;)

Ameer
16-09-2012, 05:59 PM
What about the availability of extra mags for the 1911, specifically Taurus one. Also any idea of the price.

Naveed_pk
16-09-2012, 07:41 PM
@Ameer bro back few months mags for 1911 was around 5500 rs recently asked from
fakhre alam regarding the availabilty he gave the price 6500 rs for the mags.

Ameer
16-09-2012, 09:12 PM
@Ameer bro back few months mags for 1911 was around 5500 rs recently asked from
fakhre alam regarding the availabilty he gave the price 6500 rs for the mags.

Naveed Bhai always there, Thank you.

ASIFKHAN.
18-09-2012, 10:39 PM
@Sadatpk......You're right bro. But wait till you hold the Taurus one in your hands.

The Zigana is no doubts a reasonable purchase and nice budget option and new entrant, but best comparison between these two is not possible from watching pics of them here.

You need to have them both live before you to check for the differences, not only the aesthetics, where the Taurus is quite beautifully detailed and superior, but also with respect to the mechanical action smoothness of things like hammer, mag release button, slide catch lever, probably trigger smoothness also, after which I'm sure some would consider the extra mileage worthy going for.

Bear in mind also, that a simple $500 Taurus 92 is going 70k+ these days, and Taurus recently upped their prices.

Still I'd say, dealers have room for leniency below 100k, Lahore, old prices were 75-80k's, I personally acquired the reviewed piece here at 78k's, last year.

Regards.

salam ak-47sir i was waiting for you needed some advice . this is asif from Islamabad we had conversations on phone . i lost my phone so lost your no too. contact me on my number or sms me your 03015111111
regards

ASIFKHAN.
18-09-2012, 10:50 PM
ak-47 bro i would like to buy this 1911 advice plz should i buy or not .asking price is 115000 and if you can give me any details regarding this 1911 127621276312764127651276612767

Trigger_happy78
19-09-2012, 11:02 AM
This is a beautiful gun. The original Colt Government model. Price is bit much for it, as it not into mint condition, can see some rust in the pics. But this gun is collectible item and do not pass this opportunity. But the price is not fair, try to negotiate. Ak47 can tell you the real worth of this gun. I have its Turkish Clone Zigana M1911 and it cost me 65k or something. The Taurus is selling for above 100k, So both these guns are new. If you can get this gun under 100k i think its a good price for it.

AK47
21-09-2012, 07:52 PM
@Asif..................Brother Asif, I called you up to no reply. Been off from here since couple of days, so found your post a bit late, probably.

Anyhow, I've little to nil experience with second hand handguns, this old.

All I can say is how much I personally would expend on an item presented. And in this case, irrespective of the make and model which no doubts is a collectible, 65K's. That too with a bit of sour after-taste, predominantly because the amount would be spent purely for an item to be hanged beautifully on any vacant wall of my drawing room.

I would entrust my security only on a brand new, or top notch oldie.

115K's is 50 % mileage gone in the pursuit of a brand new DW Valor.

Regards.

ASIFKHAN.
22-09-2012, 01:55 AM
@Asif..................Brother Asif, I called you up to no reply. Been off from here since couple of days, so found your post a bit late, probably.

Anyhow, I've little to nil experience with second hand handguns, this old.

All I can say is how much I personally would expend on an item presented. And in this case, irrespective of the make and model which no doubts is a collectible, 65K's. That too with a bit of sour after-taste, predominantly because the amount would be spent purely for an item to be hanged beautifully on any vacant wall of my drawing room.

I would entrust my security only on a brand new, or top notch oldie.

115K's is 50 % mileage gone in the pursuit of a brand new DW Valor.

Regards.

Assalamalikum sir . sir i was waiting for your opinion . did not took any decision yet . coz you advice is so important for me. send me an sms sir i ll call you if u find my cell off or not responded i will be waiting for you . untill unless i did not have a conversation with you m not gona buy. Allha hafiz sir waiting for the sms\

regards

AK47
22-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Assalamalikum sir . sir i was waiting for your opinion . did not took any decision yet . coz you advice is so important for me. send me an sms sir i ll call you if u find my cell off or not responded i will be waiting for you . untill unless i did not have a conversation with you m not gona buy. Allha hafiz sir waiting for the sms\

regards

Asif................Will sms you shortly, just need my morning tea to get turned on.

In the meanwhile, do check this thing out too:

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?9728-My-40-S-amp-W-From-CZ-with-Love

Could probably be a desirable medium too!

Regards.

ASIFKHAN.
22-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Asif................Will sms you shortly, just need my morning tea to get turned on.

In the meanwhile, do check this thing out too:

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?9728-My-40-S-amp-W-From-CZ-with-Love

Could probably be a desirable medium too!

Regards.

oki sir take your time .

Sophisticated.Engineer
25-09-2012, 01:04 AM
Hello... Guyz wats ur opinion regarding taurus pt1911 (9mm), coz as seen on taurus official website its also available in this calibre and as far as i knw people prefer this gun in .45, So i request senior members to give their precious opinion abt 1911 9mm's reliability and durability.

Regards

iffi
25-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Taurus is my favorite

Ahnab
25-09-2012, 04:33 PM
...So i request senior members to give their precious opinion abt 1911 9mm's reliability and durability.

Regards

You might find this discussion interesting.

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?8498-Opinions-on-9mm-1911-s

rmishaq
25-09-2012, 05:10 PM
You might find this discussion interesting.

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.php?8498-Opinions-on-9mm-1911-s

I have a 1911 Commanderin 9 and got it from an extremely senior member and respected friend. I have put about 300 rounds through it and no issues so far and, I even carried it for a while. It's accurate enough to consistently kill thoothis at 15m and a sweet ..sweet gun to shoot.

SIGlock
05-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Taurus 1911 is one of the best .45s available, very accurate, reliable, robust, beautiful and classy.... ;-)

Syed Adeel
26-12-2012, 02:01 PM
@ ALL.....

There is a little query, regarding the barrel of PT 1911. According to the tradition/custom, in vogue, while estimating about the barrel of a firearm, as to how much has it been previously used, they inserted the projectile of the cartridge by holding it from the base/ primer side of the cartridge into the muzzle. A new, less or moderately used firearm's barrel/muzzle would not let the projectile, completely sink into it.

Whether less credible a criterion to gauge the barrel usage or not, I did the same to my newly acquired PT 1911, not a single cartridge shot from it yet, and to my surprise the .45 projectile fully sunk into its muzzle.

I request the worthy 1911 owners in .45 and seniors to first do the same with the muzzles of their handguns, and please shed some light on the matter! Whether it happens with all 1911s in .45 or not? If yes, why?

Secondly, what do we mean exactly by the barrel to slide fitting? Yes, it should be tight, especially in match grade barrels, yet what about an out of the box, standard PT 1911? Should the barrel locking lugs and the semi circular recesses on the upper side of the slide interlock, really tightly, that means not allowing even the slightest of movement or there may be a slight play, most probably for better locking/unlocking, every time a fire is shot and the slide has to cycle for the extraction and ejection of the empty case and reloading of a fresh cartridge in the chamber?

I have observed that upon locking the slide back, there is a slight (to and fro) movement of the barrel. If so, is it normal and a natural feature of the barrel locking lugs / Browning mechanism or that the barrel should not have a play, even slight, at all?

Regards!

Utmanzai
08-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Congrats (officially) AK bro... nice pre-range review, beeeauuuutiful photography & excellent grips. Waiting for the cherry popping day and review ;) dont remember if I showed you mine with new grip setup or not, so just to add bit more spice in your thread,

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss220/denovo87/PT 1911/1911grips.jpg
Denovo bro can u tell me the price of this 1911 ??

380ACP
08-08-2013, 05:40 AM
Utmanzai bro its taurus PT 1911 selling around 105k depending on city, Denovo brother just changed the grips.