PDA

View Full Version : Two hunting trophies .

Apalo
26-07-2011, 10:08 PM
I owned these trophies and facing lot of resistance from home.

Ameer
26-07-2011, 10:52 PM
Apalo, bro it looks good. Wt are the name of species?

s.cheema
26-07-2011, 11:00 PM
nice trophies

Avais
26-07-2011, 11:30 PM
Apalo brother you owned good trophies of Punjab Urial. Why you are facing resistance from your home?

Ameer
26-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Apalo bro, can we have a brief hunting story of these Urials

Apalo
27-07-2011, 07:59 AM
Apalo brother you owned good trophies of Punjab Urial. Why you are facing resistance from your home?

most of the family members are of the opinion that keep them in house is not allowed in Islam. after only one day with them I am thinking to sale them out.

Apalo
27-07-2011, 08:01 AM
Apalo bro, can we have a brief hunting of these Urials

could not get your point, can you please mail me at phaphra@gmail.com. as I have some matter in PIMS

Apalo
27-07-2011, 02:58 PM
can some one tell me how to measure the length of these horn?
according to my measurement second trophy have a 21.5'' horn.

Skeeter60
27-07-2011, 03:51 PM
can some one tell me how to measure the length of these horn?
according to my measurement second trophy have a 21.5'' horn.

URIAL is a very clever and resilient animal that is why it continues to
survive close to human populations and despite immense pressure from un ethical hunting practices and poachers it is right there defiantly.
The two two animals you have shot are young animals. The trophy size starts at 27 + inches.
To measure the sheep horns the method is as follows;
1.Measure outside length of both horns along the curve and add.
2.Measure the girth / (circumfrence) of both horns at base and add.
3. Measure the girth / Circumfrence at first quarter of curvature of both and add.
4. Measure circumfrence at second quarter of both and add.
5.Measure 3rd quarter both horns and add.
6.Measure tip to distance of horns and add.
7.Measure the width at the tips of horns where these are broken due to fighting etc. ( your trophies have pointed tips and not broken at the edges as yet.
The summ total of points will give the Boone and Crocket and Rowland Ward system of measuring sheep trophies points.
The animals you have shot are fair game.
Trophies upto 34 inches have been taken in the Salt range ( Malik Shafaat ). Animals above 27 inches are few today but bigger ones are still roaming the range and are so clever it is beyond imagination; I wish you good hunting and develop your stalking skills and you will be rewarded with monster Urial sooner or later. I have one which is a little over 33 inches and several between 27 to 31 inches extreme spread. All taken with a single hand loaded bullet of my trusty 7mm Rem Mag and 30-06

ACHILLES
27-07-2011, 05:05 PM
survive close to human populations and despite immense pressure from un ethical hunting practices and poachers it is right there defiantly.
The two two animals you have shot are young animals. The trophy size starts at 27 + inches.
3. Measure the girth / Circumfrence at first quarter of curvature of both and add.
7.Measure the width at the tips of horns where these are broken due to fighting etc. ( your trophies have pointed tips and not broken at the edges as yet.
The summ total of points will give the Boone and Crocket and Rowland Ward system of measuring sheep trophies points.
Trophies upto 34 inches have been taken in the Salt range ( Malik Shafaat ).

Sir let me update you a 38 1/2 inches urial was taken in Domeli range which was missed by my worthy father at range of almost 70 meters, reason being mesmerized by his horns and was using iron sights 7mm. My father went so many times after that animal but could not locate it. My father and that Guide named that animal as TULA.but later on that TULA was shot by a aquatint of my father. The guide who led that person to that trophy was also very good friend of my father. Later on my father came to know about his action, and was very perturbed. but later that friend (guide) came in with apology.

Skeeter60
27-07-2011, 09:37 PM
There is mention of a trophy taken in 1920s in the Rowland Ward Book that says a Urial was taken with 37 inch horns, so it is possible. The Cyloceros and Blenfordi subspecies of Sind/Baluchistan have even bigger horns.
Achillese my brother I know how your father must have felt, dreaming about it and losing appettite and cursing the acquaintance ( who was a friend earlier) and his pedigeree and the guide whom he would have shot.
The one that goes away is always a little big bigger. I have been there a couple times myself, I mean similar experience.

ACHILLES
28-07-2011, 02:03 AM
Sir that tropy can still be traced as my father said that person stuffed that head and was hanging in his drawing room. My father came to know about TULA being shot from his drawing room. That person and the guide were afraid to tell my father about that hunt. But when my father visitied that person for some work than there he saw TULA head hanging by the wall.

snowleopard
28-07-2011, 05:06 PM
"TULA" nice terminology...what does it mean brother?

ACHILLES
28-07-2011, 10:30 PM

It means "short height" in punjabi. The animal hight was short but having massive horns. Because of the shortness of hight it was named by them (father and guide) as "TULA" .

sayyedain
28-07-2011, 10:49 PM
good trophies

Apalo
28-07-2011, 11:02 PM
A.O.A
members let me clear some thing, I did not shot these Urials, the trophy with only skull and the horns was shot by a poacher (for meat) and he left the trophy in the jungle, I was told by a local person about the incident and I gave him the money to bring the trophy.

Second one was auctioned by the wild life and I bought it from the buyer through a middle man.

M.ASIF KHAN
28-07-2011, 11:55 PM
I owned these trophies and facing lot of resistance from home.

APALO at last you got trophies bor well done

Apalo
29-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Asif bhi......!
bor...means bro or boar?

snowleopard
30-07-2011, 04:09 PM
It means "short height" in punjabi. The animal hight was short but having massive horns. Because of the shortness of hight it was named by them (father and guide) as "TULA" .

got it thanks........

M.ASIF KHAN
31-07-2011, 11:50 AM
Asif bhi......!
bor...means bro or boar?

don't confuse me............................. lol
sure you are brother not...........
sorry for mistake

Apalo
01-08-2011, 01:08 AM
don't confuse me............................. lol
sure you are brother not...........
sorry for mistake

hahah, just want to clear your intention ..........lol

arfat110
14-08-2011, 09:11 PM
@apalo bro u have it or sold them if u have it i want buy if u like to sell

aschandio
15-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Bro Ameer now u heard the hunting story of two urials.

superustaji
28-09-2011, 09:13 PM
As I understand, the denotion "TULA"be spelled as THULLAH, meaning fat and big in general terms.Please correct me if I am wrong.
Regards.

danicz
25-08-2012, 10:24 AM
nice trophies

ajmal virk
25-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Tula in Punajbi term used during guli danda match.

Laino
25-08-2012, 11:55 AM
Nice trophies

sajjadkhan
25-08-2012, 12:55 PM
Nice trophies..

ajmal virk
25-08-2012, 01:47 PM
nice trophies sir and please face all kind of resistance.

chohan
25-08-2012, 01:57 PM
Nice trophies

Khilji
25-08-2012, 02:52 PM
Very good trophies indeed must keep it

Masroor
18-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Trophies upto 34 inches have been taken in the Salt range ( Malik Shafaat ). Animals above 27 inches are few today but bigger ones are still roaming the range and are so clever it is beyond imagination; I wish you good hunting and develop your stalking skills and you will be rewarded with monster Urial sooner or later. I have one which is a little over 33 inches and several between 27 to 31 inches extreme spread. All taken with a single hand loaded bullet of my trusty 7mm Rem Mag and 30-06

Great share Sir. Thanks.

Masroor
18-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Nice trophy Dear.