PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from 1911 lovers

Zeeshan Malik
03-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Salaam to all fellows

Need advice from seniors ...i wanna plan to buy a 1911 .option is taurus pt1911 ......friend of mine tell me dat i could also find used colt 1911 in this price range from peshawar.

So plz friends need ur experties .

REGARDS.

AK47
03-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Colt is Colt, but over an older one, I'd choose a brand new PT 1911, no doubts. The Taurus is a value for money deal, and Colts within this price range may not be any eye-candies at all.

Don't plan, just take it!

Regards.

Zeeshan Malik
03-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Thxs a lot USTAAD E MUHTARAM ......

Avais
03-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Without any doubt Colt 1911 in good condition is more solid and reliable.

12GAUGE
04-06-2011, 12:34 AM
@zeeshan malik

our resident 1911 expert (or die hard fan) Moeen bhai usually says "A COLT IS A COLT, IS A COLT". That should pretty much sum it all up.

Regards.

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 12:56 AM
If you can find a Colt M1911A1 in good condition, meaning the barrel, firing pin, firing pin spring, Extractor, Main Spring & Recoil Spring in good condition then go for it. But let me tell you it's hard but not impossible to find in that condition. Other wise I will suggest that you should go for the new Taurus 1911.

AK47
04-06-2011, 02:06 AM
If you can find a Colt M1911A1 in good condition, meaning the barrel, firing pin, firing pin spring, Extractor, Main Spring & Recoil Spring in good condition then go for it. But let me tell you it's hard but not impossible to find in that condition. Other wise I will suggest that you should go for the new Taurus 1911.

+1!

Exactly what I meant, the 1911 is perhaps the gun composed of most parts and components, so only a more experienced of 1911 lovers will be able to tell the actual condition of used Colt, and a perfect and well maintained piece would be hard to get within price range of PT 1911.

Btw, barrel bushings were missed above!

Regards.

Anthrax
05-06-2011, 12:15 AM
You can't go wrong with a PT-1911 (Unless you don't know how to handle one)! It's a beautifully crafted piece of art with an unbeatable price tag. I've shot over 400 rounds through mine so far and it works like a monster! DEAD accurate and reliable. And when I say DEAD accurate, I MEAN D-E-A-D accurate! Go for it with your eyes closed.

Dr Zakir
05-06-2011, 12:39 AM
Well if u want a colt in a very good shape then u can ask MOEEN he has a fully rigged 1911 up for sale . Heard that Dan wessons have arrived in Lahore although price is steep at 250 k but is much better than a Taurus . If u can get parts from abroad get a used colt

12GAUGE
05-06-2011, 01:51 AM
I say DEAD accurate, I MEAN D-E-A-D accurate! Go for it with your eyes closed.

what do you mean dead accurate?

Regards.

p.s. I FEEL A LITTLE NAUGHTY ;)

Anthrax
05-06-2011, 02:00 AM
what do you mean dead accurate?

Regards.

p.s. I FEEL A LITTLE NAUGHTY ;)

I think that's how you feel 24/7, no? ;)

And when I say dead accurate, I mean 48/50, 130/150, 144/150. 1 - 1 1/2 Inch groups at 15 meters, nothing outside a 9. In a competent shooters hands, the PT-1911 is capable of nothing but 10s.

Mitho
05-06-2011, 09:45 PM
@dr zakir
how do i get in touch with moeen sb.

Moeen
06-06-2011, 12:21 AM
Salam All,
@ALL - +1

Mitho
06-06-2011, 12:49 AM
edited................... .

Moeen
06-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Salam All,
@Mitho - Email sent.

Mitho
07-06-2011, 12:04 AM
@moeen
sir reply sent.

cyanide.dipped
08-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Salaam to all fellows

Need advice from seniors ...i wanna plan to buy a 1911 .option is taurus pt1911 ......friend of mine tell me dat i could also find used colt 1911 in this price range from peshawar.

So plz friends need ur experties .

REGARDS.

I dunno where you are from... but in Lahore, I was once (some 5 months ago) able to find a used colt for 30k, which then my cousin bought and took to a gunsmith for some little tweaks. If you could do the same, it might be a better option than pt 1911. However, as mentioned by the seniors, new pt-1911 for a new user is often hassle free and with the minimum amount of problems.

Regards,
CD.

Zeeshan Malik
08-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Sir CD its very long since i am waiting ur suggetion. i m from rawalpindi and as per my knowlledge u have also pt1911.
Now trying to go peshawar on this weekend , i hope i could find an old COLT or any other good 1911.
If u have seen any one in lahore plz let me know.

Regards.
I dunno where you are from... but in Lahore, I was once (some 5 months ago) able to find a used colt for 30k, which then my cousin bought and took to a gunsmith for some little tweaks. If you could do the same, it might be a better option than pt 1911. However, as mentioned by the seniors, new pt-1911 for a new user is often hassle free and with the minimum amount of problems.

Regards,
CD.

cyanide.dipped
09-06-2011, 09:14 AM
Sir CD its very long since i am waiting ur suggetion. i m from rawalpindi and as per my knowlledge u have also pt1911.
Now trying to go peshawar on this weekend , i hope i could find an old COLT or any other good 1911.
If u have seen any one in lahore plz let me know.

Regards.

Dear Zeeshan brother, if you travelling to peshawar, I am sure you will find a used Colt. However, please make sure before you buy it that you check its interiors thoroughly.

Yes I do own a PT1911 as it is the only 1911 available as an nib in PK yet, also pretty economical. If you are not able to find a used colt in good condition, I suggest you go for a pt1911 and you won't be disappointed.

On a side note, do consider buying pt1911 instead of a used colt if you are new to the 1911 platform. Unless you are planning to put some 50k rounds through it, the pt1911 would stand the test of time. ;)

I havent been visiting the gun market lately. But I will keep an eye out for used colts :)

Regards,
CD.

Zeeshan Malik
12-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Dear Zeeshan brother, if you travelling to peshawar, I am sure you will find a used Colt. However, please make sure before you buy it that you check its interiors thoroughly.

Yes I do own a PT1911 as it is the only 1911 available as an nib in PK yet, also pretty economical. If you are not able to find a used colt in good condition, I suggest you go for a pt1911 and you won't be disappointed.

On a side note, do consider buying pt1911 instead of a used colt if you are new to the 1911 platform. Unless you are planning to put some 50k rounds through it, the pt1911 would stand the test of time. ;)

I havent been visiting the gun market lately. But I will keep an eye out for used colts :)

Regards,
CD.
Thxs Cd sir i missed my trip to peshawar on this weekend it might be on next one .i will try to find a good one COLT but if i dont then just take pt1911.rest in peace .

cyanide.dipped
13-06-2011, 09:13 AM
Thxs Cd sir i missed my trip to peshawar on this weekend it might be on next one .i will try to find a good one COLT but if i dont then just take pt1911.rest in peace .

You're welcome brother...

And "rest in piece"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAH

I am sure you don't really know what that means saying to someone, or you wouldnt have said it ;)

Regards,
CD.

Zeeshan Malik
14-06-2011, 10:56 AM
You're welcome brother...

And "rest in piece"? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAAHAHAH

I am sure you don't really know what that means saying to someone, or you wouldnt have said it ;)

Regards,
CD.

Ooooooopss......:)
My apologies dear brother ,,, my intention was not to said that...i meant to say once i got pt1911 rest of my Guns fancy will be peaceful ....

Regards

Zeeshan

cyanide.dipped
15-06-2011, 10:00 AM
:)

two thumbs up to your buy mate... enjoy the macho forty-five ;)

:thumb:

Habib
16-06-2011, 03:49 AM
I have a Kimber Stainless Target II that right out of the box punches tight little hole patterns in paper I'd recommend to any beginning or intermediate pistol shooter that can lay their hands on one if they get the chance.

Zeeshan Malik
16-06-2011, 01:44 PM
I have a Kimber Stainless Target II that right out of the box punches tight little hole patterns in paper I'd recommend to any beginning or intermediate pistol shooter that can lay their hands on one if they get the chance.
many congrates sir , u r lucky one sir u got a KIMBER ,here we cant find kimbers and colts and if then it must be 350k + even for 600 $ gun :(
So only turkish ,brazil ,chinese kind of weapons we have.

Dr Zakir
16-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Congratulation Habib sahib . Kimber are not available here , some have in private collections brought from abroad

safeershah
21-06-2011, 03:12 PM
depends how you want a colt, if i got one , I will change all the internals and some gunsmithing and it will be much better than a taurus one, what u say CD :)

Zeeshan Malik
21-06-2011, 10:54 PM
depends how you want a colt, if i got one , I will change all the internals and some gunsmithing and it will be much better than a taurus one, what u say CD :)
shah sab you are very much right ....i cant find any colt in peshawar and then set my mind for taurus pt 1911 and beleive me shah ji cant find a single PT1911 in whole pindi/isb and peshawar even check PARA lhr they also dont have and ask me to wait for new conciment which arrives on 10th of july ......a friend of mine insure me that tomorow give me a good news ......lets hope for good :)

cyanide.dipped
22-06-2011, 11:56 AM

hahahahhahaha... absolutely brother... :)

BTW, an NIB colt IS better than most of the Kimbers. And with some gunsmithing and upgrades, it can even be comparable to custom brands ;)

cyanide.dipped
22-06-2011, 11:59 AM
shah sab you are very much right ....i cant find any colt in peshawar and then set my mind for taurus pt 1911 and beleive me shah ji cant find a single PT1911 in whole pindi/isb and peshawar even check PARA lhr they also dont have and ask me to wait for new conciment which arrives on 10th of july ......a friend of mine insure me that tomorow give me a good news ......lets hope for good :)

Zeeshan Bhai, if you ask me, you should goto HIRA and buy the 1911 with rails model. Hira has some pieces left. The guys are not that nice and are definitely pricy but you'll get the piece. In my personal opinion, the rails model shoots better than the other one, for it has some added weight in front of the gun which helps in muzzle flip reset. Also, dont forget that you can install a tactical light on it for HD purposes. Keeping a gun at home without a light is pretty useless IMHO.

Regards,
CD.

Zeeshan Malik
22-06-2011, 10:34 PM
@ sir CD .....thxs alot ...a friend finds one at price of 82k in peshawar he didnt take yet, just get information may be he got it and arrive in a day or day after tomorrow if he is late then i touch HIRA ARMS .
REGARDS.

cyanide.dipped
22-06-2011, 11:25 PM
@ sir CD .....thxs alot ...a friend finds one at price of 82k in peshawar he didnt take yet, just get information may be he got it and arrive in a day or day after tomorrow if he is late then i touch HIRA ARMS .
REGARDS.

Great :thumb:

TYR
29-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Buy the Norinco, hands down. u wont regret it ONE BIT! The problem with most of us is that we often tend to go for a famous firearm, influenced by Sanjay Dutt and or Vin deisle. but they aren't neccesarily the best option. I have 2 of these Chinese 1911s among other guns and 1911s. i even have a Colt. but the Chinese bugger is fast becoming my favorite!

Zeeshan Malik
29-06-2011, 06:39 PM
Buy the Norinco, hands down. u wont regret it ONE BIT! The problem with most of us is that we often tend to go for a famous firearm, influenced by Sanjay Dutt and or Vin deisle. but they aren't neccesarily the best option. I have 2 of these Chinese 1911s among other guns and 1911s. i even have a Colt. but the Chinese bugger is fast becoming my favorite!
hahahahahaa good sense of humour dear ,actually norinco 1911 is a double stack magzine and thats make the grip so bulky and i dont have such a big hands like your sajay and vin diesel ....dats why sorry for norinco i need a single stack one the only option in my range is pt 1911 other wise i must go for DAN WESSON 1911.

Mitho
29-06-2011, 07:16 PM
@tyr
any luck in finding extra mags for np44.i am looking for my norc.

Mitho
30-06-2011, 06:40 PM
@tyr
can i have ur email.