PDA

View Full Version : The Beast "HK Mark 23"

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I bought the HK Mark 23 few months back but before I took it to the range a friend of mine liked it so much that he took it from me. Then I had to place an order again to get this beautiful beast. During my last trip home I heard the good news that my new beast has arrived and after custom clearance it will be ready to go along with me on my Green Book :) . Too bad that I got it home just before leaving back for abroad. No time to test fire and have fun at the range. But Inshahallah next time when home will take it to the range to have shooting fun it.

A special thanks to Farhan Bhai of Majeed Sons who imported this beautiful beast for me as per the deal and the time frame. I have seen that he is the man of his words and keeps his promises and can import unique and most collectable items which no other dealer can arrange.

The MK23 is considered a match grade pistol, and is capable of making a 2-inch (51 mm) group at 50 yards (46 m). The MK23 has exceptional durability in harsh environments, being waterproof and corrosion-resistant. It uses a polygonal barrel design, which is reported to improve accuracy and durability. It also features an ambidextrous safety and magazine release on both sides of the frame. The magazine release is at the rear edge of the trigger guard. A decocking lever is on the left side, which will silently lower the cocked hammer.

The HK Mark 23 Caliber .45 ACP pistol gives shooters match grade accuracy equal to that of the finest custom made handguns in .45 ACP. The Mark 23 provides this accuracy without the need for hand-fitted parts common in custom-built match pistols.

In more than 450 accuracy test firings from a precision firing fixture at 25 meters, MK 23 pistols far exceeded the handgun enthusiast’s requirement, averaging 1.44 inches, with 65 groups of less than one inch. There were four groups of .5 inches, with 5 rounds going through the same hole!
Basic Features of Mark 23:

• Threaded O-ring 5.87” barrel with polygonal bore profile
• Match grade trigger
• One piece machined steel slide
• Frame mounted decocking lever and separate ambidextrous safety lever
• Can be carried “cocked and locked” in single action mode with the safety lever on
• Patented HK recoil reduction system
• 12 Round Magazine capacity
• Corrosion resistant blued finish
• Corrosion proof fiber-reinforced polymer frame
• Oversized trigger guard for use with gloves
• Universal mounting grooves for installing accessories
• Ambidextrous magazine release lever
• Extended slide release
• Extractor doubles as a loaded chamber indicator
• Patented Lock-Out Safety device.

Denovo87
03-06-2011, 03:52 PM
What an entry after weeks long absence ;) now just tell me when are you visiting home, no matter I get a chance to shoot this beast or not but I am sure just licking it will be enough to pacify the lust I just got developed. So dont forget to call me once you are back; for few lusty licks to this newly acquired beast ;)

Ohhh forgot to congratulate you... congratulation bro you got another beeeauuuty... Mashallah.

AK47
03-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Lolz!

I agree with Den's "Chaatu" aspirations, line me up next to him, ha ha ha!

Glockcohlic bro, whatever hellfire you introduce here is usually a number above the past one, excellent! Congrats! Let's hear some review on this machine soon, and let it be said, your own advent here after a longer time was felt a notch above your beauty above!

Take care,

Best wishes.

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 04:05 PM
Thanks you Deny Bhai. It's nice to hear from you bro.

It's been hectic weeks latly. I was home for a week and then had to come back for on going office projects. The beast has a great grip and feel in hands. It makes one to drool and lick. :) Will do that bro. I will be visiting home in 4 to 5 weeks and then can arrange the range and a meet. Inshahallah.

Survivalist
03-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Congratulation brother on such rare but powerfull acquisition!

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Thanks AK47 Bro. It's nice to be back as I had a real heactic and busy time on work. And it's always nice to hear from you brothers.

I really liked this beast and it has a great balance and crip triger (Match Grade) and with the "O" ring on the barrel makes the barrel really fit tight and streight on the frame. I really loved the way this beast is built.

Wait a sec for the up coming pix of a small beast. :)

Silent killerr
03-06-2011, 04:17 PM
Congrats bro, As usual you came with heart taking piece. Also share its price with us.

Trigger_happy78
03-06-2011, 04:24 PM
Congrats bro awsome gun. Happy shooting

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Had a chance to get hold of "CZ 75 B New Editioin" with Aluminium Aggressive Checkered Grips and Black Mag Plate.

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 04:33 PM
@Survivalist: Thanks bro.
@Silent_Killer: Thanks bro and pls leave the price alone. It stops the heart beat. :)
@Trigger_happy87: Thanks bro.

Avais
03-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Glockholic brother. Congratulation for the great acqusition. You always comes-up with blastic introductions. Have a nice shooting on your return home.

Naveed_pk
03-06-2011, 04:46 PM
Congrats Glockcohlic bro for acquiring these beauties . Pics are awesome !! Looking forward its range review :) Plz do meet me up when next time in Lahore . I assure you i will not steal anything from you :p

Dr Zakir
03-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Congratulation on your purchase . Grips look beautiful on cz 75

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 05:26 PM
@Avais: Thanks Avais Bhai.

@Naveed_pk: Thanks bro. Will meet you on my next trip and will give you a chance to steal. :) Will be my pleasure to meet you bro.

Naveed_pk
03-06-2011, 05:29 PM
@ Glockcohlic : Thanks bro :) Will be waiting for you !!

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 05:31 PM
@Dr. Zakir,

Thanks bahi. Yeah the grips are awsome. When holding the guns, these aggressive checkered grips make you feel that the pistol is part of your hand. :) And you don't wana let go the gun out of your hands.

Skeeter60
03-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Glockoholic
Heartiest congratulations on collecting this fine pistol and adding it to your fabulous arsenal.It is the top most combat gun with the accuracy of a match pistol and unmatched killability . It can take silencer right away on its threaded barrel and it uis the most lethal and most silent ofthe silenced guns.

super
03-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Many many congratulations! The gun looks great! Will look forward to its range review. :)

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 07:04 PM
@Skeeter60,

Thank you very much Sir. Really appreciate your kind words. Regarding Threaded barrel, well I have no intension to attach silencer on the barrel. But for fun plate shooting I will be putting on the .45 Lone Wolf Compensator.

Skeeter60
03-06-2011, 08:50 PM
@Skeeter60,

Thank you very much Sir. Really appreciate your kind words. Regarding Threaded barrel, well I have no intension to attach silencer on the barrel. But for fun plate shooting I will be putting on the .45 Lone Wolf Compensator.
Oh boy can this thing bring down a helicopter? it is awsome and very effective in fact the msot advanced Muzzle brake for a pistol. Your Rapid shooting with the .45 will be faster and recoil free. We'll put the Czechmate against this monster brake even though its brake is not as advanced.

Silent killerr
03-06-2011, 09:51 PM
@Survivalist: Thanks bro.
@Silent_Killer: Thanks bro and pls leave the price alone. It stops the heart beat. :)
@Trigger_happy87: Thanks bro.
As you wish sir, No problem

AK47
03-06-2011, 10:49 PM
@Glockcohlic....Waiting for episode 3 of today's show, what's more up the sleeves, 2 aces out already, wouldn't be surprised to see a winning trail today, lolz!

Congrats bro, awesome CZ there, just love those grips, if Naveed fails in his magic attempts, rest assured, you'll leave fom here with the mag naked on both sides, ha ha ha!

Regards.

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 11:48 PM
@ak47,

waiting for episode 3 of today's show, what's more up the sleeves, 2 aces out already, wouldn't be surprised to see a winning trail today, lolz!

:) :) :) I was thinking of this to be here with the review but U made me...

Glockcohlic
03-06-2011, 11:52 PM
just love those grips, if Naveed fails in his magic attempts, rest assured, you'll leave fom here with the mag naked on both sides, ha ha ha!

@AK 47 bro. you mean the "Dhotee" of the CZ will be taken off and it will be left to leave "Nanga"

Wolf Hunter
03-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Awesome very impressive

Arslan_tareen
04-06-2011, 12:13 AM
@ak47,

a H&K elite ....... In Pakistan , i thought i would not live to see that day , sir i have heard a lot about your fabulous Hand gun collection what i saw in this thread proves that any praise some one has said about your collection is just a understatement .
hope you get to enjoy these toys to there max .
best regards and thanks again for sharing them with us .

AK47
04-06-2011, 12:19 AM
@ak47,

Ha ha ha! Call it my old time Poker instinct, I could sense the 3rd ace coming soon! And it DID! May I say, Ace of Hearts, lolz!

Wow! Glockcohlic bro, more than a damn show, it's turning into a night time thriller now, what a marvelous piece there, I can't say about Den now, but boy, I'm on on the kneees with tongue sticking out now, take care of yourself on next trip, you're up for an abduction with this trio along, lolzzzzzz!

Den, I'll take the honor of first in the row for this time, especially since my clairvoyant instinct pre-guessed the final ace of tonight, ha ha ha!

Glockcohlic bro, thanks for the call, which is always as new to me ,as your beauties!

Let's have some more splashes of this recent one.

Take care,

Regards.

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 12:22 AM
@Arslan_Tareen,

Brother I am humbled by your kind words. I m just a basic handgun enthusiast and as you know being "Hazara wall" passion for these toys is in our DNA. :)

Thanks again.

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 12:25 AM
@Wolf Hunter,

Thanks bro.

Arslan_tareen
04-06-2011, 12:31 AM
@Arslan_Tareen,

Brother I am humbled by your kind words. I m just a basic handgun enthusiast and as you know being "Hazara wall" passion for these toys is in our DNA. :)

Thanks again.

I sure do sir , that DNA is what keeps us so playful any way , i do not have much to offer in terms of new toys like what you have but as a offering and incentive for a meet up , i would like to offer some nice English shot guns , unique Pistols and rifles , when ever you visit Rawalpindi next time please let me know and if time gives we can sit have a chit chat and look and enjoy each other toys .
Best regards

GUNFREAK
04-06-2011, 12:34 AM
Glockcohlic bhai congrates what a collection. One thing to note though, now i know to contact you if i need to get Farhan at Majeed to speak in human language. I had to get a degree Phd in language to talk to Farhan to sell me G26 in OD Green last year.

regards

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 12:37 AM
@AK47 bro.

It's always nice to talk to you. I will say that you have got great Poker Instinct, you shot the Bulls Eye. :)

Right now I don't have more pix of the Elite but will soon put some more.

take care of yourself on next trip, you're up for an abduction with this trio along, lolzzzzzz!

Well bro definitely we need a range trip together. :) :)

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 12:44 AM
I sure do sir , that DNA is what keeps us so playful any way , i do not have much to offer in terms of new toys like what you have but as a offering and incentive for a meet up , i would like to offer some nice English shot guns , unique Pistols and rifles , when ever you visit Rawalpindi next time please let me know and if time gives we can sit have a chit chat and look and enjoy each other toys .
Best regards

Inshahallah Arslan Bhai, on my next trip to Haripur or your visit to RWP we could meet and share our passion, have chit chat and of course I would really like to see your beautiful & unique collection.

Thanks bro.

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 12:47 AM
Glockcohlic bhai congrates what a collection. One thing to note though, now i know to contact you if i need to get Farhan at Majeed to speak in human language. I had to get a degree Phd in language to talk to Farhan to sell me G26 in OD Green last year.

regards

Thanks bro. Regarding Mr. Farhan, sure if you need to get some thing from him, do let me know and I will talk to him.

AK47
04-06-2011, 12:48 AM
@AK47 bro.

It's always nice to talk to you. I will say that you have got great Poker Instinct, you shot the Bulls Eye. :)

Right now I don't have more pix of the Elite but will soon put some more.

Well bro definitely we need a range trip together. :) :)

Thanks. And you know what, you just gave me the perfect recipe for grabbing this trio from you in the quickest of sweeps, gotta hook you up in Poker exactly, with these 3 on the table and a couple of 'blinds' from here, ha ha ha!

A range trip for sure, anytime. Been long awaited, and I know the exact occasion, and so do you, the battle is already delayed for better weather.

Regards.

Arslan_tareen
04-06-2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks sir , i am now a days in between Islamabad - Haripur so any time and place that is feasible for you we can sit and have some Gup shup , i will ask Ak47 bro for you cell# tomorrow if its ok with you and then we can take it from there . Though i am still waiting for some "other" text that he was suppose to send me !!! (just kidding ak47 bro i know you have send it it just got lost some where in Marglla while reaching isb ;)) .

Arslan_tareen
04-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Thanks. And you know what, you just gave me the perfect recipe for grabbing this trio from you in the quickest of sweeps, gotta hook you up in Poker exactly, with these 3 on the table and a couple of 'blinds' from here, ha ha ha!

A range trip for sure, anytime. Been long awaited, and I know the exact occasion, and so do you, the battle is already delayed for better weather.

Regards.

Sir the battle has be delayed till the "AZADI OF KASHMIR" ..;)

AK47
04-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Thanks sir , i am now a days in between Islamabad - Haripur so any time and place that is feasible for you we can sit and have some Gup shup , i will ask Ak47 bro for you cell# tomorrow if its ok with you and then we can take it from there . Though i am still waiting for some "other" text that he was suppose to send me !!! (just kidding ak47 bro i know you have send it it just got lost some where in Marglla while reaching isb ;)) .

Ha ha ha, ask Glockholic bro, how terribly confused I am in GPS'ing origin of call, every time he calls, no permanent number as such, lolzzzzz!

But don't worry, I'm booking up Glockcohlic bro already in your closer vicinity, so we'll most probably have some nice gup-shup, Inshallah, and as regards "Azaadi", ha ha ha, well, Inshallah, this "Kashmir" will be liberated soon, but kindly let's go beyond month of "sawan", I'm kind of allergic to sweating and heat, lolzzzzz!

And you're losing quite a number of things in the Margalla range these days, ha ha ha!

Regards.

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 01:04 AM
That's good Arslan bhai, I will be visiting back home next month and will patch of with each other. As it's been long due to meet with AK47 bro. This time we all can meet and have a lively gup shup. You can have my cell numbers from AK47 bro.

Regards

AK47
04-06-2011, 01:09 AM
That's good Arslan bhai, I will be visiting back home next month and will patch of with each other. As it's been long due to meet with AK47 bro. This time we all can meet and have a lively gup shup. You can have my cell numbers from AK47 bro.

Regards

That sounds even greater, Inshallah. Arsalan, don't let him trick you with that non-responsive number, ha ha ha, better write to him with details of yours, lolzzz! Joking.

Regards.

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 01:43 AM
That sounds even greater, Inshallah. Arsalan, don't let him trick you with that non-responsive number, ha ha ha, better write to him with details of yours, lolzzz! Joking.
Regards.

Lols. Ask Deny bhai who use to get lovely voice message from the system. When ever he dails a wrong digit, he is being welcomed by sweet voice. :)

AK47
04-06-2011, 01:52 AM
Lols. Ask Deny bhai who use to get lovely voice message from the system. When ever he dails a wrong digit, he is being welcomed by sweet voice. :)

Lolz! Means he dials wrong quite frequently and willingly, I now have come to understand the recent silence from his quarter these days, thought he was busy with work actually, ha ha ha!

Regards.

MIdreesTaj
04-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Glockcohlic bro.. you must be a proud owner and a special person to own SOCOM pistol and USP Elite both. Many best wishes.

My heart and vote goes with the USP Elite.

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Lolz! Means he dials wrong quite frequently and willingly, I now have come to understand the recent silence from his quarter these days, thought he was busy with work actually, ha ha ha!

Regards.

Not quite often but some times trigger finger slips... :)

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 12:06 PM
MIdreesTaj, Thanks bro.

Aquarius
04-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Congratulations Glockholic brother on the three monsters.. haha now are you going to show us your fourth beast from Peshawar or shall I go for the breaking news Lolzzzz.

Glockcohlic
04-06-2011, 09:00 PM
Aquarius Bhai thanks and Pls shssssssssssss. :)

Nice to hear from you, hope you are doing fine.

AK47
05-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Congratulations Glockholic brother on the three monsters.. haha now are you going to show us your fourth beast from Peshawar or shall I go for the breaking news Lolzzzz.
Ha ha ha ha, Dr. Sb, the blunt Pathan that you are, lolz! Glockcohlic bro, game is turning from Trail of Aces towards "Full House", first King of the Pair remaining, in now, unofficially though, lolz! Regards.

saad-dlr
05-06-2011, 12:52 AM
@Glockcohlic Congrats on the BEAUTIFUL Handgun.

I see that you have a threaded barrel, is that for attaching a suppressor/silencer ?

Moeen
05-06-2011, 10:10 AM
Salam All,
Bhai, I made a big mistake - I should have taken this piece home with me while you were away, its always a shame to let somethings like these to hibernate.... Congratulations.
P.S. That 'thing' which is supposed to go on the threads IS tested and works beautifully, all you have to do is find it a good home before someone else does. :)

Dr Zakir
06-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Two monstors I know , but am missing other two

ACHILLES
06-06-2011, 11:42 PM
All three of the pistols are good but you know i just loved that cz 75 with those blue grips. My heart goes with that CZ. That "CZ JUST LOOKS SPLANDED".

Glockcohlic
07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
I just loved that cz 75 with those blue grips. My heart goes with that CZ. That "CZ JUST LOOKS SPLANDED".

Aap ney mairey dil ke baat ke hey bhai.

Dil Khush Kitaee Shahzadey. :)

Glockcohlic
07-06-2011, 07:25 PM
@ Dr. Zakir, will talk bhai.
@Saad-dlr, Thanks bro.
@Moeen, Moeen bhai thanks.

coolbox18
07-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Congratultions Glockcohlic bro, MashaAllah a splendid selection!

Ameer
12-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Congratulations