PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 1911 AR

BaderJanjua
09-02-2011, 08:15 PM
Recently purchased a Taurus 1911. The gun was NIB and SS Model with rails. Also got about 100 rds of Sellier and Bellot from PARA Lahore. The gun felt great in hand however would take getting used to stripping and assembling, I did not like this part comparing it especially to my Beretta 92FS and Styer M9 A1. However the weapon rocked on the range and gave me 40 out of 50 on an average at 25ms. I really liked the natural pointability, recovery and no issue of FTF or FTE. However I need to add a few extra magzines which at the time of purchase were not available with PARA Lahore, I would really appreciate if some member can comment on the extra magzines availability in Lahore , Rawalpindi or Islamabad. Sorry for being unable to load the pictures, I failed in this regard
Overall a great gun in its current price range of Rs 75000 approx. It has many match grade parts; and it has a smooth action and it is a great 45; love the Henie sights. Planning to keep it ready for carrying in the vehicle and HD

Vik
09-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Congratulation sir.

s.cheema
09-02-2011, 08:30 PM
congrats, pics needed :)

Aquarius
09-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Congratulations on your great purchase Badar Sahib.. stripping will become easier with practice, specially replacing back the slide stop & with S&B and Prvi Partizan ammo, this beauty really rocks.. excellent choice for HD.

Trigger_happy78
10-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Congrats on a great purchase badar sahib. It a best choice in .45's. Great gun for both SD/HD and range. 1911 have been here for over a 100 year and ppl r still winning matches with them. Great gun. Congrats again.

shoby80
13-02-2011, 10:59 AM
I saw this gun in local market in Karachi ... but the price he is asking we a lot more that what Baderjanjua has quoted.... i was asked the quoted price of 90k. The Ammo was Rs.100 per piece....

I think Guns in Lahore are comparably cheap.

Aquarius
13-02-2011, 06:04 PM
I saw this gun in local market in Karachi ... but the price he is asking we a lot more that what Baderjanjua has quoted.... i was asked the quoted price of 90k. The Ammo was Rs.100 per piece....

I think Guns in Lahore are comparably cheap.

Yes you are absolutely rite.. Karachi market is certainly expensive than Lahore.

cyanide.dipped
14-02-2011, 09:49 AM
PT 1911 AR SS-1 in 75k... man congrats... thats an awesome buy! :)

I went to PARA a couple of weeks back and they had a PT-1911 BT. Didnt want that one. Wanted an SS. Revisited them after a couple of days and they didnt even have the BT one. Said they'd have em in mid March. Strange they got em early.

I got mine in 90k from Hira. I know a bit expensive. The gun shouldve been around 80 k. But nevertheless, I didnt have time not inclination to waste it on stupid bargaining and just paid the guy what he asked for. Had to get back to the office and prepare my lecture for next class. Ha!

Excellent piece I would say. Brand new, untouched and sealed. I'd say it was worth every dime.

Congrats again on your buy mate ;)

Dr Zakir
14-02-2011, 11:10 PM
90 k is also a good price u got mine 2 years ago for 130 k

Maximus
14-02-2011, 11:38 PM
90 k is also a good price u got mine 2 years ago for 130 k

DoktorSb, i guess your 1911 is with rails...still a treat to own 2 years ago. Wondering if 1911 from taurus are preferred in the classic style without rails....

Maximus
14-02-2011, 11:39 PM
Recently purchased a Taurus 1911. The gun was NIB and SS Model with rails. Also got about 100 rds of Sellier and Bellot from PARA Lahore. The gun felt great in hand however would take getting used to stripping and assembling, I did not like this part comparing it especially to my Beretta 92FS and Styer M9 A1. However the weapon rocked on the range and gave me 40 out of 50 on an average at 25ms. I really liked the natural pointability, recovery and no issue of FTF or FTE. However I need to add a few extra magzines which at the time of purchase were not available with PARA Lahore, I would really appreciate if some member can comment on the extra magzines availability in Lahore , Rawalpindi or Islamabad. Sorry for being unable to load the pictures, I failed in this regard
Overall a great gun in its current price range of Rs 75000 approx. It has many match grade parts; and it has a smooth action and it is a great 45; love the Henie sights. Planning to keep it ready for carrying in the vehicle and HD

Congrats on the supreme purchase. i always figured you at some point of time owned a 1911 in some shape or form with your background. :)

cyanide.dipped
15-02-2011, 10:52 AM
@ Mr. Zakir

Really? So the prices of Taurus are going down each year in Pakistan? Meaning quick depletion in resale value. Thats heartbreaking...

@ Mr. Maximus

First of all mate, I like ur nick! :) I also got mine with rails.. thats what AR stands for I guess. ;) I prefer Taurus with rails.

safeershah
15-02-2011, 12:27 PM
Taurus with rails is good if you are in SWAT :) , no good holster is available for AR model. its different but I like without rails as its easier to keep in holster but the price is very nice.

cyanide.dipped
15-02-2011, 01:08 PM
^

Rails model is also good if you are planning on installing a dot, which I am very much planning to. I found a pricey Galco hip holster for the railed model and its fits perfectly. That is how I carry this baby. But when I say pricey, I mean PRICEY (20k) ;)

safeershah
15-02-2011, 05:19 PM
dot can be installed without rails, rails is good when u want to install tactical light.

Aquarius
15-02-2011, 06:29 PM
@ Mr. Zakir

Really? So the prices of Taurus are going down each year in Pakistan? Meaning quick depletion in resale value. Thats heartbreaking...

Not really brother.. I got mine a year ago for 70K.. now its price is gone up to 85K in Peshawar.

mhrehman
18-02-2011, 02:38 PM
I bought a Blade Tech Holster with tech lok for 1911 AR, its still brand new, I use a leather one now, so if someone wants to buy it, I will let it go for the price I got it for.

Dr Zakir
18-02-2011, 02:47 PM
It is with rails , 1911 was new at that time with only few pieces . Now with .45 ammo cheaply available Many people are buying . It is one of the better guns that Taurus has produced . Any one who has bought one is happy with it .

Gunpsycho
18-02-2011, 04:43 PM
mhrehman Bro how much u paid for the Holster ?

mhrehman
18-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Gunpsycho bro the total damage was 9k.

Aquarius
18-02-2011, 11:16 PM
It is with rails , 1911 was new at that time with only few pieces . Now with .45 ammo cheaply available Many people are buying . It is one of the better guns that Taurus has produced . Any one who has bought one is happy with it .

Fully agreed Sir.

BaderJanjua
20-02-2011, 11:14 AM
Still looking for a few extra magzines for 1911

safeershah
20-02-2011, 08:31 PM
badar, will ask my friend he have few extra magazine , make is wilson combat

mhrehman
21-02-2011, 12:23 AM
Safeershah bro, it would be very kind if you can arrange some wilson combat ones, I would also be very much interested.

BaderJanjua
21-02-2011, 06:49 PM
If Wilson Combat can fit the Taurus 1911, I will appreciate your kind gesture and await your response

mhrehman
21-02-2011, 07:01 PM
Bader bro, the wilson combat ones should fit the PT1911 just fine, I am also in line behind you, lets see if can get lucky here :)

safeershah
21-02-2011, 08:51 PM
guys , sorry the wilson combat is not available as he is keeping them for his own use, 16 magzines brand new available , capacity 8 to 10 bulletes, make : Promag , i ask the price but he said make me an offer so as I am not a broker or dealer I can give you his number to you via email send me an email on yahoo or hotmail , id is safeershah

mhrehman
22-02-2011, 12:01 AM
safeershah bro, sent you an e.mail, please let me know if you've received it. Your help in this matter is much appreciated bro.

safeershah
22-02-2011, 01:10 PM
got your mail, check my reply

safeershah
02-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Badar , Rehman got few mags :) if you want then let me know, for feedback waiting for rehman reply

mhrehman
02-03-2011, 12:37 PM
Safeer bhai as for the feedback, excellent mags sir, and a great friend of yours also, very very nice and quite the knowledge he has got about firearms. But I don't think he has any more mags left that he wants to part with.

safeershah
02-03-2011, 01:07 PM
how many you got ?

BaderJanjua
03-03-2011, 07:28 PM
Well I am still interested in two magzines, if available please confirm

safeershah
04-03-2011, 11:40 AM
badar the guy is out of city , if he got extras will let you know

BaderJanjua
05-03-2011, 12:06 PM
Grateful Buddy

cyanide.dipped
25-03-2011, 01:36 AM
dot can be installed without rails, rails is good when u want to install tactical light.

Safeershah bhai, i think its pretty difficult to find 1911 grips with laser dot in PK. and even if there were any, they'd be really really expensive. i was talking about the cheap Chinese tactical light w/ laser dot installments which u can find easily for around a couple of ks. if there is another way which i am unaware of, plz lemme know :)

cyanide.dipped
25-03-2011, 01:45 AM
Not really brother.. I got mine a year ago for 70K.. now its price is gone up to 85K in Peshawar.

Nice.

Like I mentioned before, I got mine for 90K. The model I was after wasn't available anywhere else (Accessory Rail Stainless Steel) so I just paid em what they asked for. No regrets here :)

Pashacod4
25-03-2011, 08:43 AM
Recently purchased a Taurus 1911. The gun was NIB and SS Model with rails. Also got about 100 rds of Sellier and Bellot from PARA Lahore. The gun felt great in hand however would take getting used to stripping and assembling, I did not like this part comparing it especially to my Beretta 92FS and Styer M9 A1. However the weapon rocked
on the range and gave me 40 out of 50 on an average at 25ms. I really liked the natural pointability, recovery and no issue of FTF or FTE. However I need to add a few extra magzines
which at the time of purchase were not available with PARA Lahore, I would really appreciate if
some member can comment on the extra magzines availability in Lahore , Rawalpindi or Islamabad. Sorry for being unable to load the pictures, I failed in this regard

Great buy sir. I got mine as well. I loved it's accuracy and it would be great to keep such a gun for SD. I don't have the AR model as holsters are rare for them. I got the 45 ammo from hira arms. The make of the bullets is armscor. I would suggest you to search for armscor on the internet. Loved the henie sights.. I have also softened the triggers of all my 1911's.. It can be
dangerous as well. As a friend of mine did this and faced a situation of auto fire at the range..
Good luck with your 1911.. Stay in touch.. Regards,