PDA

View Full Version : NP44 Norinco (.45)

ruffantuff
02-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Salaam,

I would appreciate feedback on NP44, as I intend to buy one. Thanks in advance.

safeershah
02-01-2011, 07:51 PM
whats your budget

ruffantuff
02-01-2011, 08:47 PM
I have already booked a Tarus 1911 but I have found that there is NP 44 available in the market, though I should buy and try it too.

safeershah
02-01-2011, 10:31 PM
what is the price you are getting for both guns as I want to buy both guns too :)

ruffantuff
03-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Norinco NP44 is Rs.55,000/- and Tarus 1911 is Rs.80,000/- in Karachi

wizjini
17-01-2011, 03:52 PM
RuffnTuff Bro

please specify dealer & 1 thing more is the taurus 1911 8 shot & NP44 14 shot?
have you held them if yes what about wieght? do you any experience using them ?
Any help would be appreciated

shoby80
13-02-2011, 11:03 AM
@ Ruffantuff... Can you please tell me which dealer you saw in karachi was selling Taurus 1911 for 80k ? However the price of norinco NP44 is 55k....

My friend bought it few days back for Rs 53.5k. He infact havent fired any round from it.... I am intending to replace my Norinco NP 22 (9x19mm) with Taurus 1911 .45.......

Mitho
13-02-2011, 12:47 PM
which dealer has np44 in stock??????

BaderJanjua
17-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Go for a Taurus, you wont regret

shoby80
19-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Balochistan Trading and Pioneer Arms on Lucky Star have them

JungleJuice63
19-04-2011, 01:10 AM
Salaam,

I would appreciate feedback on NP44, as I intend to buy one. Thanks in advance.
My friend it's a great gun for the money, although all guns are overpriced in Pakistan.
The metallurgy on this gun isn't as refined as on say a Para Ord 14-45, but it's got all the bells and whistles on any 1911 3 times its price.
It has a match barrel, extended slide release, extended ambidexterous thumb safety, skeleton hammer, skeleton trigger,
it is high capacity. The only thing this gun lacks is a feed ramp on the barrel!

Those who criticise its trigger don't know what they're talking about!
Becasue of the crude machining on the unrefined metallurgy the trigger needs
to have shot about 200 rounds before you can compare it to butter, other than that it's accurate as hell
Do not mistake this full size combat weapon for a carry weapon, it isn't!

On the downside, don't buy it if you have exceptionally small hands. There's no point in buying a gun you're not going to
shoot because it's not comfortable to fire. I've kept polymers like Glocks and Taurus' but
once you've fired a 1911, you're hooked! I've always wanted one but didn't relish the thought of
half-starved firepower. The pointability (no matter what people say about the thicker mag well) and the trigger are
hypnotic, to say the least! The only other .45 that can compare to this gun is the Para Ord 14-45, that too one with all that this gun has.

JungleJuice63
19-04-2011, 01:39 AM
RuffnTuff Bro

please specify dealer & 1 thing more is the taurus 1911 8 shot & NP44 14 shot?
have you held them if yes what about wieght? do you any experience using them ?
Any help would be appreciated

I hope you don't mind my answering, but yes the Taurus 1911 is 8-shot and the Norc is 14-shot.
There's no substitute to firepower when you're in a "situation".

JungleJuice63
19-04-2011, 09:02 AM
I hope you don't mind my answering, but yes the Taurus 1911 is 8-shot and the Norc is 14-shot.
There's no substitute to firepower when you're in a "situation".

Also, the NP44 is available at Orient Traders in Neela Gumbad in Lahore. I don't have information about whether dealers in other parts of Pakistan have this Norc. And don't let anyone discourage you, all said and done it's a great gun which you'll enjoy shooting for a very, very, very long time. It's one hell of a rugged gun once you get past the crude machine tooling.

acidzero8
19-04-2011, 10:35 AM
sir,
u can never go wrong with a NP44.
personal experience !!!!
used it in salt water, dirty bullets, feed anything it and it will fire.
salam.

Enigmatic Desires
24-04-2011, 07:40 PM
Unfortunately its size effectively reduces it to mostly HD or a cargun at the most

waqas.ahmad
26-04-2011, 11:47 PM
salam!dear friends i have a licence of all pakistan!and a loval 30bor pistol..i have to chage it in a reputed pistol should be 9mm.any one can gide in range of 30k.in lahore and sugest ashop.plz

Bobba
28-04-2011, 07:08 PM
salam!dear friends i have a licence of all pakistan!and a loval 30bor pistol..i have to chage it in a reputed pistol should be 9mm.any one can gide in range of 30k.in lahore and sugest ashop.plz
First,you posted it in wrong section.kindly,post it in 9mm pistols section.Secondly,you can only get a used 9mm pistol in 30K budget.

cyanide.dipped
02-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Norinco NP44 is an excellent gun for its price. I wanted to buy one myself but couldn't find a brand new NP44 in Lahore. I found a couple which were used thoroughly for around 15k each. One of my friends thought it was a sweet deal but I had known better through my experiences with used guns. Unless the dealer would lemme take it apart and inspect it closely for defects, I would not go near a used gun ever in my life.

So I think you should buy a NP44 if it is being offered brand new. It is an excellent gun for the price you pay. And Norinco is no novice to the firearms market neither. Their repute is excellent. However, do the reliability tweaks on the gun after you have 'broken' it in. And it will be as reliable as anything else!

cyanide.dipped
02-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Unfortunately its size effectively reduces it to mostly HD or a cargun at the most

Hopefully you are specifically talking about the double-stacked Norinco, 'cuz I carry a PT-1911 for about 8-12hrs daily, 5 days a week and don't have any problems (and it is summer not winter).

About the double stacked feature which is also available with many other 1911s today, I would have to agree. Carrying a double-stacked 1911 concealed is nearly impossible. I know from experience. What makes a huge handgun like 1911 concealable for larger framed people is its slim profile. The double-stack feature takes that slimness away from the design. Where it adds to the firepower and thence eliminates one of the cases made against a forty-five, it disturbs the ergonomics and concealment profile of the gun immensely. I would never buy a double stacked 1911 for cc. However, the gun in question (NP44) is pretty desirable for me as an HD gun.

So I am in total agreement with you Enigmatic Desires brother :)

safeershah
02-05-2011, 07:08 PM
CD, any idea how much it will cost new in lahore ? i think in that price range no other double stack 1911 is available

takenleader
02-05-2011, 10:31 PM
asak
well this is genuinely misconceived idea as this thread pertains to np 44 but since the differential advantage of the np44 is 14 shot ,though not readily available but can be ordered through sarsilmaz dealers. Its the K2 45 14 shot . the width of its grip is 34mm which is quite narrow for double stack .45 . The fit and finish of sarsilmaz can put many expensive guns to shame . I t would cost about 55000 aprox

Enigmatic Desires
03-05-2011, 03:07 AM
The norc 44 is a 1911 design while the K2 45 is a cz 75 clone.

cyanide.dipped
03-05-2011, 09:19 AM
@ Safeershah

Bro like I said before, I was unable to find a new one around. The last time I checked with the Orient guys they said a new one would cost around 60k, but they didn't have one at that time. I think one can negotiate the price to a 55k capping.

And yes... absolutely... no other double stack 1911 is available in this price range in the world to the best of my knowledge :)

safeershah
03-05-2011, 12:08 PM
how many np44 are available in 15K price ?

safeershah
03-05-2011, 12:09 PM
I mean do you think if we can change the barrel, trigger , firing pin and hammer on the used gun it will be good to use ?

cyanide.dipped
04-05-2011, 02:21 AM
@ Safeershah

15k was the price that I was quoted for the used norcs... there were three of these i believe and the deal was to buy em all together. Meaning 45k for three. And that was where I really smelled a rat. lol

This was some while ago (probably 6 months or so) so I am not sure if the guy still has these. I don't even remember the name of his shop... he was a pathan I believe his shop is in front of PARA (to a little right, facing PARA). He was trying to sell me Turkish guns basically and then the norcs came up when I said I was interested in norinco.

About changing the barrel and stuff, bro basically you need a good fit. The reliability of a 1911 depends on feeding accuracy which pertains to the feed ramp especially, the barrel fitting which is important so you dont blow your gun up and the barrel bushing fitting for accuracy so your barrel doesnt have any movement. So it aint just about changing them parts but gettin em snug up inside there too. Meaning the fitting should be perfect cuz you know there aint nothing like a stock part for a 1911. Everything has to be hand fitted. So yes if we could do that on a used 1911, it would be uber cool. Ultra nice. Super dooper. :)

Regards dear brother,
CD.

safeershah
05-05-2011, 01:06 PM
CD , I got some training on 1911 , I mean gunsmithing, so it wont be an issue, could you please that khan sahab if he still have all 3 guns and if he allow you to check them , i dont mind if inner parts are not good , i mean like barrel , firing ping etc, i can change that , will appreciate if you can spare some time for that

cyanide.dipped
06-05-2011, 01:09 AM
^

No problem. I will visit him soon InshaAllah and enquire about the norcs.

Regards,
CD.

Kayzar
06-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Dear Pak Guners: Where can i find a new NP44 in rawalpindi / Islamabad?

Kayzar
18-05-2011, 04:20 PM
Please pakgunners. help me out here.

Dear Pak Guners: Where can i find a new NP44 in rawalpindi / Islamabad?

jawin
18-05-2011, 04:32 PM
@Shoby80... What is the current market value of a used Norinco NP 22 (9x19mm).
Please update me..

Best Regards

Nazim Sahib
05-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Kayzar I doubt you would ever find a np44 in Islamabad or Pindi.I once went on a hunt for a cz 999 and couldnt find anything.In Islamabad and pindi they only keep guns that are in extreme demand you would find Stoegers and turkish guns but thats about it.For guns that arent everybodys gun you will have to go to Lahore unfortanatelly.

cyanide.dipped
08-06-2011, 10:10 AM
CD , I got some training on 1911 , I mean gunsmithing, so it wont be an issue, could you please that khan sahab if he still have all 3 guns and if he allow you to check them , i dont mind if inner parts are not good , i mean like barrel , firing ping etc, i can change that , will appreciate if you can spare some time for that

Safeershah Bhai, this reply is overdue... but I had to make sure before I posted. I went to the same shop thrice in these past few weeks and wasnt able to find the guy who originally offered me that deal.

My apologies.

Regards,
CD.

Mitho
11-06-2011, 10:41 PM
help needed in locating a np44 in karachi.
Blochistan arms hvent got it.not going to buy from poineer arms had an issue with them so....any help will be highly regarded.

coolbox18
12-06-2011, 01:17 AM
help needed in locating a np44 in karachi.
Blochistan arms hvent got it.not going to buy from poineer arms had an issue with them so....any help will be highly regarded.

used np44 at guns and accessories located at zamazma, do not remember asking price, was over 50k. I do not know anyone else other than pioneer arms having any NIB np44.

Asif Jhammat
26-06-2011, 04:43 PM
i went to orient arms lhr, specially for this gun...to me its v heavy and difficult to hold and carry with laden mag.

Asif Jhammat
26-06-2011, 04:47 PM
i dont know why dealors do not import norinco commander clone ???

Kayzar
28-06-2011, 11:47 AM
thanx nazim bhai. koi reliable dealer agar pata ho tou bata dain in lahore. aur price kitnay tak ki hogi?

Nazim Sahib
27-07-2011, 01:57 PM
I would recommend PARA.I called them about a month ago and asked them if they had an np44 and they said they didnt.

ACHILLES
27-07-2011, 05:30 PM
where can one find this gun.

Mitho
27-07-2011, 07:47 PM
sir will have to search a bit short these days.got one for myself from lahore through a dealer for 58k.
So lahore market will be the best place to search for it.
Today saw one used in khi in 95per condition at a dealer.if u want to i can ask about it

sufian
28-07-2011, 05:47 PM
@mitho kindly email me sufian_35677@live.com

asif mughal
02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
4476salams all folks ; i m new with this forum but really appreciate the way you guide all new comers. i have been offered this np 44 by some friend running a shop in sukkur around 58k ; i fired the gun twice ; two full mags ; i like the way gun fired, but dont know the deep chemistry neither the dealer offering knows, he told me that this is a slow selling item ; i cant commentin detail ; i searched the forum indetail and found mixed views about this gun; kindly help me to decide about that. one more thing i add that during firing first mag rounds stuck twice in chamber ; but after that all went smooth.

Shah Rifat Alam
15-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Dear Asif, have you managed to find an NP44?

asif mughal
19-11-2011, 01:49 AM
yes dear i have checked this but still didnt decided to go for this as i have been strongly advised by experts to go for cz ! regards

Ahnab
21-11-2011, 12:06 PM
Went window shopping over the weekend, saw a couple of these over at Orient, asking price was 55K. The Norc fit better in my hand than the Taurus; guess the thicker grip (thanks to the double-stack mag) felt more at home than the traditional thinner grip. Also, the Norc is heavy, and I mean DAMN BLOODY HEAVY! But for some reason, all that weight was perfectly balanced and felt just right, like you were holding a cannon instead of a handgun! Haven't fired it, but from looks and feel, I was sorely tempted to buy it right there & then! :-p

junaidk12
21-11-2011, 12:52 PM
@asif: from whom you are buying from sukkur?
i guess bullet stuck is an issue and most probable reason is type of bullet used.
.45 is heavier caliber and if you can handle them well go for it otherwise 9mm would do.
try to check baikal or stoeger in .45 or .4 caliber but if you want 1911 look then its fine by the way havent used it yet.

Ahnab
21-11-2011, 01:11 PM
The "stuck bullet" problem is 1911-specific, and not related to the .45 ACP. The 1911 of any manufacturer will fire all kinds of ball ammo without any hitches. It's the specialty ammo (like JHP's) which gives the 1911 problems. The issue lies with the 1911's extractor. Custom 1911's, like Taurus or Kimber or Dan Wesson, have modified extractors to facilitate specialty ammo and so function without any problems most of the time. It's usually advised not to use a full-loaded mag with a 1911 before it's been broken in. Other .45 ACP pistols, like the Taurus 845, do not have such stoppage problems like the 1911. I'm sure the seniors and 1911-owners here will be able to better elaborate and clarify.

The 1911 is, IMHO despite being a 100-year old design, a flawless pistol that continues to do what it was designed to do: Fire military-grade ball ammo. Under most circumstances, a broken-in 1911 packing ball ammo is enough to cope with any SD/HD situations.

Shah Rifat Alam
21-11-2011, 08:50 PM
The "stuck bullet" problem is 1911-specific, and not related to the .45 ACP. The 1911 of any manufacturer will fire all kinds of ball ammo without any hitches. It's the specialty ammo (like JHP's) which gives the 1911 problems. The issue lies with the 1911's extractor. Custom 1911's, like Taurus or Kimber or Dan Wesson, have modified extractors to facilitate specialty ammo and so function without any problems most of the time. It's usually advised not to use a full-loaded mag with a 1911 before it's been broken in. Other .45 ACP pistols, like the Taurus 845, do not have such stoppage problems like the 1911. I'm sure the seniors and 1911-owners here will be able to better elaborate and clarify.

The 1911 is, IMHO despite being a 100-year old design, a flawless pistol that continues to do what it was designed to do: Fire military-grade ball ammo. Under most circumstances, a broken-in 1911 packing ball ammo is enough to cope with any SD/HD situations.

Dear friends, I'd like to interject, if I may. I use an NP44 for SD/HD and CC (:p however much of that's possible) and I went into a cold sweat my gun FTEd the very first round!!! One of the main reasons is that the gun doesn't have a feed ramp - polished or otherwise - so the very first round (now listen to this.....!) was a Serbian SJHP ! So, to add to the misery of not having a feed ramp, a SOFT-NOSED round was bein fed into the chamber ! This was but to be expected, one of the range gurus Raza Tareen informed me!

That REALLY got me into action and I subsequently fired 200 rounds through the iniquitous weapon and lo and behold! I can fire shrapnel through it now without a hitch! But let me qualify that. These Serbian .45acp rounds have pathetic casing. they dent at the drop of a hat. Probably, therefore, they loosen at the seat and sometimes the round will easily come out of the casing. No other round that I know of does this, but a 185-grain .45acp SJHP is VERY bad news for ANY bad guy!

Thirdly, the NP44's magazines are nothing to write home about unless you are one very lucky individual and good mags with your gun.

I hope i've helped.

Ahnab
21-11-2011, 10:22 PM
@Shah Rifat Alam
Thanks for the feedback sir, nice to hear somebody with firsthand experience with the Norc. Personally, I think one should stick with ball ammo when it comes to a 1911, irrespective of the manufacturer. Better safe than sorry, I guess! :-p

asif mughal
22-11-2011, 06:07 PM
salam junaid bro ! this np44 is available in sukkur @ 58k but i m nt going for it ! ....

Huzaifa
22-11-2011, 06:40 PM
this np44 is available in sukkur @ 58k ! ....

Which dealer?

asif mughal
22-11-2011, 11:00 PM
sardar corporation suk and also available at Massod Arms nawabshah ( but a rusted version hahahaa i mean it got rust on inside of barrel and on front sights also some spots on catcher.

Huzaifa
23-11-2011, 10:22 AM
sardar corporation suk and also available at Massod Arms nawabshah ( but a rusted version hahahaa i mean it got rust on inside of barrel and on front sights also some spots on catcher.

Thanks brother.

asif mughal
24-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Further my frnd visited masood Arms yesterday ; he called me and informed that he has proceeded for Haj and reopen next month. for you info. you welcome ; salam.

Shah Rifat Alam
01-12-2011, 07:36 PM
@Shah Rifat Alam
Thanks for the feedback sir, nice to hear somebody with firsthand experience with the Norc. Personally, I think one should stick with ball ammo when it comes to a 1911, irrespective of the manufacturer. Better safe than sorry, I guess! :-p

You're very welcome my friend! Do you go to the range often? Lets meet up.

Ahnab
01-12-2011, 10:26 PM
@Shah Rifat Alam
I'd absolutely love to bro! I'm going to apply for registration at the LRC in a week or so inshallah, but I've heard that the entire process takes over a month! I'm hoping I could find somebody with a farm house or a private range to go, but so far no luck. :( Help? Please?

Shah Rifat Alam
02-12-2011, 10:37 AM
@Shah Rifat Alam
I'd absolutely love to bro! I'm going to apply for registration at the LRC in a week or so inshallah, but I've heard that the entire process takes over a month! I'm hoping I could find somebody with a farm house or a private range to go, but so far no luck. :( Help? Please?

Very sorry Ahnab. could've helped you out but have the farmhouse on rent now. My email is " norc45@hotmail.com " Feel free to mail anytime, will exchange tele numbers there.Cheers my friend.

Ahnab
02-12-2011, 11:02 AM
....would see if I could get hit by shrapnel! Crazy, huh!......

Crazy? Dude, that's HARDCORE INSANE!!!! :thumb: Lolz! . So now on the hunt for someplace where my Piranha & I can bond! Heheh!

My number's 03********. I'm a bit busy this weekend, will get in touch with you next week inshallah buddy, let's see what we can do about "venting our spleens"! :D

ruffantuff
06-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I have finally got 5 spare mags for my NP44. Actually I was looking for 1, however I got a sealed pack of FIVE, and have cost me Rs.3000/- each. My NP44 is going strong and I am loving it.

Ahnab
06-12-2011, 09:30 PM
@ruffntuff
Sounds awesome bro! What's your opinion of the NP44? I'm considering a couple of options for a CCW, and a 1911 is pretty high on my list.

Nazim Sahib
07-12-2011, 10:33 AM
I really wanted an np44 but at the moment i have too high of a wish list at the moment.But i honestly think its an amazing weapon,if Norinco just gave it a really nice finish and made it a bit more refined no one would be buying a Taurus.

Shah Rifat Alam
08-12-2011, 01:12 PM
Crazy? Dude, that's HARDCORE INSANE!!!! :thumb: Lolz! . So now on the hunt for someplace where my Piranha & I can bond! Heheh!

My number's 03********. I'm a bit busy this weekend, will get in touch with you next week inshallah buddy, let's see what we can do about "venting our spleens"! :D

This is how your number came out, my friend.

Shah Rifat Alam
08-12-2011, 01:25 PM
I really wanted an np44 but at the moment i have too high of a wish list at the moment.But i honestly think its an amazing weapon,if Norinco just gave it a really nice finish and made it a bit more refined no one would be buying a Taurus.

Dear Nazim Sahib, there are some models that have a better finish but I haven't seen them here. However, I'd strongly advise you against buying an NP44 for a CC weapon because it is HUGE! Depends on how much money you want to spend. Yet if you want to buy one and keep it in your car or on your person for short spans of time, that's ok. At least, that's my experience with my NP44. It is a GREAT gun, accurate, reliable, solid! Nothing flimsy about it.

Also, it will be a problem if you have small hands, bcoz of the wide mag well for the double stack mag. The "engineering" on this gun makes it anything but sleek, even compared to the gun it's been cloned from: the Para Ordnance P14-45. The Para is sleeker, but this has most of the "tweaks" at a fraction of the cost. Buy it, shoot t! You'll love it! But NOT for cc ! You'll regret it!

Shah Rifat Alam
08-12-2011, 01:28 PM
@ruffntuff
Sounds awesome bro! What's your opinion of the NP44? I'm considering a couple of options for a CCW, and a 1911 is pretty high on my list.

Dear Ahnab, there are some models that have a better finish but I haven't seen them here. However, I'd strongly advise you against buying an NP44 for a CC weapon because it is HUGE! Depends on how much money you want to spend. Yet if you want to buy one and keep it in your car or on your person for short spans of time, that's ok. At least, that's my experience with my NP44. It is a GREAT gun, accurate, reliable, solid! Nothing flimsy about it.

Shah Rifat Alam
08-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I have finally got 5 spare mags for my NP44. Actually I was looking for 1, however I got a sealed pack of FIVE, and have cost me Rs.3000/- each. My NP44 is going strong and I am loving it.

Dear ruffantuff, how do you find the NP44 mags? I'm still trying to smooth mine out!

Ahnab
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
@Shah Rifat Alam
Bro I sent you en email on the email address you posted (the norc45@hotmail.com one). If you didn't get my mail, feel free to contact me at ahnab@yahoo.com. I think we seriously need to GTG and figure something out regarding a range! :)

I currently carry my Piranha-F in my car and it serves the purpose just fine. I'm now looking into getting a weapon for CC. Usually I'd consider a compact (like a CZ Duty), but being of a horizontally big & wide built, I can also carry a 1911. I agree that the NP44 is too big to carry because of it's double-stack mag (although I LOVE it's weight & feel), so I'm also considering the Taurus 1911.

ruffantuff
18-12-2011, 09:36 PM
All,

I got my Spare mags after a lot of effort, actually had a dealer in Karachi who got them from Lahore. If you want I can ask him to look for more.

I enjoy carrying the NP44 as i like large frames, I already have CZ 75 B and CZ SP-01 Tactical in the 9mm. The performance of the pistol is very good, although the finishing is not top class. That does not bother me, as long as I have a reliable weapon.

Aquarius
19-12-2011, 02:05 PM
All,
The performance of the pistol is very good, although the finishing is not top class. That does not bother me, as long as I have a reliable weapon.

Fully agreed.. reliability is the first factor to count.. looks (bells & whestles) comes later.

ruffantuff
19-12-2011, 09:14 PM
@ruffntuff

A sound and a reliable weapon. Heavy but solid. More so that I read a review of NP44 on "Janes" which clearly stated it to a a accurate and reliable with a long service life.

ruffantuff
19-12-2011, 09:19 PM
Dear ruffantuff, how do you find the NP44 mags? I'm still trying to smooth mine out!

Out of the total 7 that I have (2+5) I had problem with 2 of them. But that has been resolved by opening them and cleaning the spring and the magazine box, and applying just a tiny bit of grease on a clean piece of cloth and rubbing it on the spring and the inside of the magazine case. Secondly, do load them and keep them in a safe place (if you are not using the pistol) for a 10 odd days. That should resolve the issue.

lalagul
03-01-2012, 04:50 AM
can someone tell me if np44 has halfcock hamer like the tt's have and would the safety ingage at halfcock for carrying one in the pipe

Shah Rifat Alam
29-01-2012, 02:46 AM
can someone tell me if np44 has halfcock hamer like the tt's have and would the safety ingage at halfcock for carrying one in the pipe

Dear Lalagul, you're right. The half-cock works just like that.

Ahnab
30-01-2012, 12:10 PM

During World War 2, it was customary for left-handed American soldiers to carry the M1911 at half-cock (due to the fact that the gun's safety lever was NOT ambidextrous). They would simply cock the hammer fully during the draw and then proceed to shoot.

@Shah Rifat Alam
Nice to have you back with us, Sir! :)

Nazim Sahib
30-01-2012, 04:12 PM
@ Ahnab very interesting piece of information.

Enigmatic Desires
25-02-2012, 10:19 AM
last i checked at guns an accessories.. the gun was goin at 50k without bargaining used.. that was around october or so.. wonder whats the current price of an NIB here

Ahnab
25-02-2012, 03:30 PM
It's available for 55K NIB here in Lahore at Orient Traders. Checked last Saturday.

ACHILLES
25-02-2012, 04:05 PM
front sight on that gun sucks. weight wise heavy and extra magazine is a problem to get.

lalagul
01-03-2012, 07:33 AM
[QUOTE=Ahnab;243198]During World War 2, it was customary for left-handed American soldiers to carry the M1911 at half-cock (due to the fact that the gun's safety lever was NOT ambidextrous). They would simply cock the hammer fully during the draw and then proceed to shoot.
as far as i know m1911 don't have the halfcock position

lalagul
01-03-2012, 07:39 AM
[QUOTE=Ahnab;243198]During World War 2, it was customary for left-handed American soldiers to carry the M1911 at half-cock (due to the fact that the gun's safety lever was NOT ambidextrous). They would simply cock the hammer fully during the draw and then proceed to shoot

as far as I know the m1911's don't have halfcock

Anjum
01-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Norinco recently releases some photos of its new M1911 pistol. Norinco exports a clone of the 1911A1 for civilian purchase. here are some pics

Mig
03-03-2012, 11:18 PM
[QUOTE=lalagul;251141]

as far as I know the m1911's don't have halfcock

Brother, M1911 comes with half cock

Mian Jee
05-03-2012, 05:08 PM
Can some one confirm the availability of Norinco NP44 NIB in Punjab ?

durrani
05-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I recently bought a holster of 1911 by mistake, after reading the posts I m seriously thinking of buying the gun also ..ha ha ha..lol

Aquarius
05-03-2012, 10:14 PM
Norinco recently releases some photos of its new M1911 pistol. Norinco exports a clone of the 1911A1 for civilian purchase. here are some pics

Looks nice.. what about its availability ??

Mig
11-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I recently bought a holster of 1911 by mistake, after reading the posts I m seriously thinking of buying the gun also ..ha ha ha..lol

hahahahaha,, !! It was an omen for you Durrani sahab that you need a 1911 !!

asif mughal
15-03-2012, 10:43 AM
dear how could i get extra mags for np44 please suggest dealer i will be visiting karachi by tomorrow ; i will be grate full for your quick reply ..... i have got the gun doing very well yet.

Nazim Sahib
15-03-2012, 08:08 PM
The 1911`s look great!

gunenthusiast
19-03-2012, 11:38 AM
THE NEW 1911 LOOKS CRISP AND BEAUTIFUL.hAVE THEY MADE THEIR WAY INTO THE LOCAL MARKET?

asif mughal
20-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Please reply i will be gratefull. thanks.

Mig
20-03-2012, 01:08 PM
dear how could i get extra mags for np44 please suggest dealer i will be visiting karachi by tomorrow ; i will be grate full for your quick reply ..... i have got the gun doing very well yet.

Dont know about Np44 but last year I saw Extra mags for my Remington Rand 1911 available at Pioneer for 8k each !

asif mughal
20-03-2012, 01:27 PM
thanks boss...

Enigmatic Desires
23-09-2013, 12:19 PM
(Groan) This time its the .45 thread! Somebody please please PLEASE stop him!

s.jawad
23-09-2013, 01:31 PM
(Groan) This time its the .45 thread! Somebody please please PLEASE stop him!

HaHahahahaha No comments.

Enigmatic Desires
23-09-2013, 01:57 PM
Khair he did make me realise that the NP 44 is my all time favourite .45. When I lift it even empty (and my hand was trembling from its brute weight) I feel like Conan the barbarian and He-man combined!

mrrick
29-07-2014, 12:50 AM
I'm in the USA, (Shatan Akbar!), so I have access to most any gun in the world. In 1911s,I have 3 Colts, 2 Argentine Systema 1927 Colts , and a Norinco 1911A1. The Norinco is my daily carry pistol, (we can do both open carry and concealed carry here). It is not as refined as the others, but for reliability nothing beats it. There are many custom shops here who customize 1911s, they will take only Norincos, Springfield Armory and a few others because they are so well built. they won't use Colts, and certainly not Taurus.

Norinco pistols and AK-47 and SKS rifles are not allowed to be imported anymore because that pedafile Pres. Clinton put a ban on them. Fortunately I have them all, and they are very much in demand because of there reliability and their chrome lined barrels. My SKS cost $79.00 and is now worth $500.00

Aquarius
29-07-2014, 01:42 AM
@mrrick:
Please post pics of your 1911s.. will really love to see them.

mrrick
29-07-2014, 01:47 AM
Tried, but no joy.

Will read the tutorial and try again.

Fudgepacker
29-07-2014, 05:37 AM
I'm in the USA, (Shatan Akbar!), so I have access to most any gun in the world. In 1911s,I have 3 Colts, 2 Argentine Systema 1927 Colts , and a Norinco 1911A1. The Norinco is my daily carry pistol, (we can do both open carry and concealed carry here). It is not as refined as the others, but for reliability nothing beats it. There are many custom shops here who customize 1911s, they will take only Norincos, Springfield Armory and a few others because they are so well built. they won't use Colts, and certainly not Taurus.

Norinco pistols and AK-47 and SKS rifles are not allowed to be imported anymore because that pedafile Pres. Clinton put a ban on them. Fortunately I have them all, and they are very much in demand because of there reliability and their chrome lined barrels. My SKS cost $79.00 and is now worth $500.00
It's ridiculous how expensive SKS's have gotten! I remember when they were $100!!
Which state you in bro?

FA226
29-07-2014, 04:33 PM

Lovely collection bro.

mrrick
29-07-2014, 07:16 PM
My files are way to big to load.

Any suggestions.

mrrick
29-07-2014, 07:18 PM
double post.

FA226
29-07-2014, 08:15 PM

Any suggestions.
brother their are software to compress the files so try to compress the pictures size so it takes less space.i use Microsoft picture manager.

Fudgepacker
30-07-2014, 07:32 AM
Sir, are you a "Gunlover", or are you not? :lol:

Glock17
30-07-2014, 09:27 AM
For me the Norinco NP-44 with 14 rounds means larger grips for large hands and in no way concealable. The whole beauty of a 1911 is the balance and natural ergonomics. If I wanted to get higher capacity, I may as well look for something else (if there is one). But if it's a 1911 then stick to its DNA

sadatpk
30-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Is Np44 available nowadays in lahore?

raff
30-07-2014, 03:10 PM

A couple of months back I did check with most of the popular dealers and none of them had it in stock. Don't know the exact status at present.

sadatpk
30-07-2014, 11:08 PM
Thanx Raff br for ur response

Aquarius
31-07-2014, 03:51 PM
Haven't seen NP44 in market since long time.

sadatpk
31-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Haven't seen NP44 in market since long time.

Thanx a lot br,pls update when you see in market

Aquarius
31-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Thanx a lot br,pls update when you see in market
Certainly will let you know bro.

mrrick
01-08-2014, 08:18 AM
I only managed to get one to work.

FA226
01-08-2014, 03:17 PM
I only managed to get one to work.

its beautiful bro.

mrrick
01-08-2014, 08:57 PM
I bought it in 1979, Satin Nickel, (not many like that made).

I'm going to try to work out the picture posting problems. I have MS office, so have the picture manager. Problem is, I do the compression thing, but it doesn't save.

I'm going to work on it today as I have several handguns and rifles, (we don't need no stinkin' licenses here), all high quality mostly military type, that I'd like to share. .

Well, al-ham-dililah, I think I got it to work.

Argentine Sytema Colt 1927, top, and Norinco 1911A1, bottom,two of the best 1911s ever.

These are self defense guns, we can open carry and conceal carry in Arizona without any special license. Self defense shots are usually taken at less than 5 meters, so although these two pistols are accurate, you don't need $2000-$3000 pistols for defense. Reliability is most important, and those expensive highly tuned guns are too tight to depend on. Great for target shooting, not for defence.

If you're shooting at an attacker at 25 meters or more, you should have thought out your tactics and should be carrying a rifle.

Just my opinion, (based on 30 years in the middle east, Afghanistan, and yes, Pakistan, NWFP, Landi Khotal etc.)

Aquarius
01-08-2014, 09:02 PM
@mrrick:

Beautiful guns you have.. happy shooting.

mrrick
01-08-2014, 09:19 PM
If I were to buy a 1911, here's what I would get. Held in high esteem here. Norincos 1911s are not available here to my knowledge.

http://www.metroarms.com/american-classic.html

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=AC45G

Good review by a knowledgeable shooter.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/metro_arms_american_classic.htm

mrrick
01-08-2014, 09:44 PM
The other 45s.

I finally got it organized.

top down,
Springfield Armory XDs, 45 acp 5+1 rounds, 21.5 ounces.
Springfield Armory XD-45 13+1 rounds
Smith&Wesson 1917 (Brazilian contract, made in 1937).
Ruger Vaquero 45 Colt, (hey, it's a 45 caliber). 255 grain bullet at 850 fps. the cartridge that won the west, in the Colt Singe Action Army 1873.

mrrick
01-08-2014, 09:54 PM
I'm going to post my 9mms, 38/357s .22lrs and other calibers, so, if interested, check those forums occasionally.

hmd
01-08-2014, 10:50 PM
@mrrick nice collection bro .

Aquarius
01-08-2014, 11:31 PM
Those XDs are nice to watch.. happy shooting @mrrick.

FA226
02-08-2014, 04:48 AM
I'm going to post my 9mms, 38/357s .22lrs and other calibers, so, if interested, check those forums occasionally.
nice collection we are waiting for other pictures.

mrrick
02-08-2014, 06:34 AM
I'm putting them on the Introductions and collections page.

mrrick
02-08-2014, 08:45 AM
delete message

Gunaddict
10-11-2014, 07:54 PM
I need 1911 in Peshawar to make some clone of it, reward can be cash or a gift clone.

Gunaddict
10-11-2014, 07:55 PM
I need 1911 original to make baby clones reward will be cash and another clone .

Gunaddict
10-11-2014, 07:57 PM
If you are in pakistan I need to borrow it for cloning

Verve
10-11-2014, 08:55 PM
120k will get you a older Colt 1911 for 120k+ or 70-90k for a PT1911. If you are cloning, I doubt someone will lend you their 1911.

Also, DSA has already cloned the Colt 1911!

doc pistol
16-11-2014, 01:30 PM
120k will get you a older Colt 1911 for 120k+ or 70-90k for a PT1911. If you are cloning, I doubt someone will lend you their 1911.

Also, DSA has already cloned the Colt 1911!

Sir can you please confirm me latest price of Taurus put 1911. I've been quoted around 105

khanjee666
17-11-2014, 01:48 AM
is np44 NIB available with any dealer. and whats the price . please answer

FA226
17-11-2014, 01:52 AM

Good question bro,i had been looking for it for long time but no luck.

Verve
18-11-2014, 10:03 PM
Sir can you please confirm me latest price of Taurus put 1911. I've been quoted around 105

Sir, do idea of NIB price. Not seen an NIB at dealers in a while. Used sell for 70-90.

Enigmatic Desires
19-11-2014, 12:12 AM

From What I know.. Only a small quantity was imported by a Lahore based dealer a few years back. I have not seen any new ones in hte market so I assume it was a 1 time thing.

FA226
19-11-2014, 03:03 AM
From What I know.. Only a small quantity was imported by a Lahore based dealer a few years back. I have not seen any new ones in hte market so I assume it was a 1 time thing.
yes bro its same thing which happened with sarsimaz k2.

Enigmatic Desires
19-11-2014, 01:19 PM
yes bro its same thing which happened with sarsimaz k2.

Thing is it was waay too heavy and big for most people they Bought it cause it was kinda like the "he-man' thingy real macho an all that. But sold it quickly.. once they realised they really were not... "he-Men" that is.

But teh K2 i keep my eyes peeled. Unfortunately never seen one in Karachi. in fact most dealers I know have not even ehard of it

Aquarius
19-11-2014, 01:29 PM
ED is right.. I was also looking for NP44 for quite sometime but without any luck..
No doubt Sarsilmaz K-2 is one beast too.

Asd1976
19-11-2014, 01:33 PM
ED is right.. I was also looking for NP44 for quite sometime but without any luck..
No doubt Sarsilmaz K-2 is one beast too.

True............NP44 is like a legend, eveyone has heard about it but very few have actually seen it :)

Aquarius
19-11-2014, 01:48 PM
Have a look.
Sarsilmaz K-2, .45ACP with magazine capacity of 14+1 in chamber.

Enigmatic Desires
19-11-2014, 01:52 PM
True............NP44 is like a legend, eveyone has heard about it but very few have actually seen it :)

Oh I have seen it held it. Played with it.. It was available in most upscale stores.. slightly used after people dumped it. once they could not handle it.

Enigmatic Desires
19-11-2014, 01:52 PM
ohhh... Aquarius? is she all metal? or polymer?

Aquarius
19-11-2014, 01:54 PM
ohhh... Aquarius? is she all metal? or polymer?

All metal Bro.

Enigmatic Desires
19-11-2014, 02:01 PM
Never made it to Karachi though :(

Asd1976
19-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Oh I have seen it held it. Played with it.. It was available in most upscale stores.. slightly used after people dumped it. once they could not handle it.

lucky you .......

doc pistol
21-11-2014, 10:24 PM
Sir, do idea of NIB price. Not seen an NIB at dealers in a while. Used sell for 70-90.

Thank you sir

doc pistol
21-11-2014, 10:25 PM
Have a look.
Sarsilmaz K-2, .45ACP with magazine capacity of 14+1 in chamber.

Wats th price tag on it Bro?

Enigmatic Desires
21-11-2014, 10:36 PM
lucky you .......

Was not all that expensive either.. Around 45k asking. they were willing to let it go for even 38k or so.

Enigmatic Desires
13-05-2015, 03:15 AM
Update: rumours of an NP 44 for 80k. A dealer claimed he just might be able to get it for me. if I am willing to shelve 80k for it.

khanjee666
13-05-2015, 04:16 AM
you told me i got it expensive for 80 k
Update: rumours of an NP 44 for 80k. A dealer claimed he just might be able to get it for me. if I am willing to shelve 80k for it.

Aquarius
13-05-2015, 06:24 AM
Is it the one with 14 round magazine capacity ??

Enigmatic Desires
14-05-2015, 02:35 AM
you told me i got it expensive for 80 k

Which is precisely why i told the dealer to .. wel i wont repeat it here. i am reasonable sure that he had been in touch with T.A's Najam bhai

Enigmatic Desires
14-05-2015, 02:36 AM
Is it the one with 14 round magazine capacity ??

yes. the 14 shot Norc is the only Chinese .45 I have seen in Khi.

ruffantuff
17-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Salaam. Can anyone please guide me where i could find a spare mag for np44? Many thanks in advance.

khanjee666
18-06-2018, 01:42 AM
Good question i was cc mine and the loaded mag 13 rounds fell on concrete floor now the mag is bent specially the feed lips it also refuses to eject out of the pistol without extream force. And the other mag has fte problems since a long time. the mag that fell i had fired over 200 rounds without any problems.
Salaam. Can anyone please guide me where i could find a spare mag for np44? Many thanks in advance.

Enigmatic Desires
19-06-2018, 01:16 PM

Once upon a a time I gave money to someone via easy paisa for these mags. I did not know the guy from Adam or had ever met him. I did not have the gun or even a license for the gun. But so intense was my desire for an NP 44 that when i was offered a few mags. i sent in the money no questions asked. Needless to say. i never saw either the mags nor my money.

pakistanitoup
19-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Once upon a a time I gave money to someone via easy paisa for these mags. I did not know the guy from Adam or had ever met him. I did not have the gun or even a license for the gun. But so intense was my desire for an NP 44 that when i was offered a few mags. i sent in the money no questions asked. Needless to say. i never saw either the mags nor my money.
i never saw either the mags nor my money. :Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

Enigmatic Desires
20-06-2018, 11:01 AM
i never saw either the mags nor my money. :Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry::Cry:

The love of an NP 44 can blind a person to common sense.. :(

Enigmatic Desires
27-06-2018, 09:40 AM
BTW, saw an NP 44 at DAAD Zamzama Karachi. Almost NIB. Asking price was 125k

FA226
27-06-2018, 10:02 AM
BTW, saw an NP 44 at DAAD Zamzama Karachi. Almost NIB. Asking price was 125k
Plese stop saying NP44 again and again otherwise I will have to buy one.

Enigmatic Desires
27-06-2018, 12:40 PM
Plese stop saying NP44 again and again otherwise I will have to buy one.

You should. Like totally

Unlike other items that seem to find their way to our shores. this was a one off shipment. And no new ones ever came in. People bought it cause it was rugged and heavy and manly. And they sold it cause it was a bit too rugged too manly and too heavy. And those few weapons are still doing the rounds these days.

FA226
27-06-2018, 06:01 PM
You should. Like totally

Unlike other items that seem to find their way to our shores. this was a one off shipment. And no new ones ever came in. People bought it cause it was rugged and heavy and manly. And they sold it cause it was a bit too rugged too manly and too heavy. And those few weapons are still doing the rounds these days.

I went to DC office today and he showed me the notification that .45 is pb in kpk now i have only one licence for .45 and i have cz97b on it,now thats a problem as well.

shahroze
27-06-2018, 08:06 PM
I went to DC office today and he showed me the notification that .45 is pb in kpk now i have only one licence for .45 and i have cz97b on it,now thats a problem as well.
If there's a will there's a way!

FA226
27-06-2018, 10:13 PM
If there's a will there's a way!
Will try to find a NP44 and try to find a way as well.

Enigmatic Desires
28-06-2018, 10:01 AM
Eh why on earth did they make it PB anyway? :O

khanjee666
28-06-2018, 10:38 AM
Ameer shah’s shop on university road had one 6 months ago would be wise to call and ask him
Will try to find a NP44 and try to find a way as well.

pakistanitoup
28-06-2018, 11:23 AM
Eh why on earth did they make it PB anyway? :O
they think .45 is armour piercing and very fatal round, but reality is that .30 bore is more deadly and easily available than slow moving .45

.45 is Restricted bore in KPK not PB just like .223

FA226
28-06-2018, 12:51 PM
they think .45 is armour piercing and very fatal round, but reality is that .30 bore is more deadly and easily available than slow moving .45

.45 is Restricted bore in KPK not PB just like .223
Yes they think you can destroy a car with it.
Restricted is a kind of PB licence in kpk not easy to get.

FA226
28-06-2018, 12:53 PM
Ameer shah’s shop on university road had one 6 months ago would be wise to call and ask him
Thanks Bro, I saw it with him as well but could not get the license at that time so dropped the idea.

pakistanitoup
28-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Yes they think you can destroy a car with it.
Restricted is a kind of PB licence in kpk not easy to get. dear .45 is slow moving round. they should ban .30 bore instead of .45 IMO

pakistanitoup
28-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Thanks Bro, I saw it with him as well but could not get the license at that time so dropped the idea.
In Pkstn all is possible. you can get .45 from kp also.