PDA

View Full Version : PT 145 Cal .45 ACP

Crazy Shooter
16-09-2010, 08:17 AM
I am planning to buy this handgun I was looking for a detailed review about this pistol but couldn't find any mod are requested to close or move this topic if a same already exists, I want to know the durability, availability, accuracy and price of this gun I know brother AK47 owns one PT 145 is also available in black col ?

AK47
16-09-2010, 10:18 AM
@Crazy Shooter............No wonder if I was the first one to reply on this query! ;)

We have quite a number of threads on this gun, but I agree, most of those threads are announcements/acquisitions, perhaps only few are queries. :)

So while at it, just a few brief facts on the PT 145.

The PT 145:

http://s2.postimage.org/TH1FS.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsTH1FS)

Shooting/accuracy:

1) Being a subcompact carry gun, it still has a reasonably accurate point-score at CQB range of up to 10 mtrs.

The very purpose of this gun - "Jaan bechaana aur finaah kar dehna"- with a 230 grs ROCK of a projectile is also best served at this range.

For reference, watch Gilani Sb's review as per following link:

http://www.pakguns.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=139937#p139937

And if my modest shooting could prove anything, whatsoever, an amateurs hand, this chart:

http://s2.postimage.org/TEsxA.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsTEsxA)

Enough on the shooting, I think.

2) Reliability:

I can speak for myself only, so let me first of all tell you a bit of a secret, that only few of our members and best friends here have known so far, that my present PT 145 is my 2.nd one!

First one was simply purchased from me at "gunpoint point blanc" by a very close family friend and uncle of mine, who just couldn't resist it's feel and never let it go out of his hands when he first held it, during a meet with me! I returned home empty handed, with a cheque for full amount, yet after a prior call to the dealer first securing that he had more of them in stock! :lol:

And both of these guns, the initial and the latest with a combined firing history of some 150 shots so far, have given NIL ISSUES, NO FTE'S, NO FTF'S, with both FMJ's and JHP's.

Thus, reliability is on the "HIGH" level, rest assured, and I'm sure Denovo bro would come in with supporting comments on above qualities as well.

Finally, it's a highly concealable gun, you'll have the best of ccw experience with. My suggestion is just - and it looks and feels much better at hands in reality, than on the pics - plz don't show it around too much! It looks and feels more of a "space weapon" kind of a gun, and people just can't put it down, once into their hands. :)

Enough from me, let Den, Abbas come forth with more valuable comments, since the two senior most gurus both had inspired me for it, above was just the essence of my experience with it. :) Regards.

Crazy Shooter
16-09-2010, 10:58 AM
AK47 brother thanks for your fast reply :) but you forgot to mention the price :P

AK47
16-09-2010, 12:07 PM
AK47 brother thanks for your fast reply :) but you forgot to mention the price :P

@Crazy shooter...... My pleasure. :)

Price is variable, according to city and availability. You won't find it in Rwp/Isl range. I can't say about Peshawar, but it will be a rare find there even.

As per recent info, there are 2 pieces left in Lhr, and I believe it should be available @60-62K, +/- 1-2K, as per bargaining skills. :)

Aquarius
16-09-2010, 12:39 PM
I think there are two versions of this pistol.. DAO and DA/SA.. which one is better.??

AK47
16-09-2010, 01:14 PM
I think there are two versions of this pistol.. DAO and DA/SA.. which one is better.??
@Aquarius....Salaams Dr. Sb. Well, this issue has been discussed at length between myself and Denovo bro, and we both came to the conclusion that it's a matter of practice and habit of the individual hand, whichsoever of these that you get best used to. Marginal difference, if any, I personally prefer SA/DA mode more. The DA only model was a Gen. 2 version, and is hard to come by now in the era of Gen. 3. Regards.

Crazy Shooter
26-10-2010, 07:59 AM
whats the price of PT 145 in peshawar these days ?

Aquarius
26-10-2010, 08:30 AM
CS Bro :P

Crazy Shooter
26-10-2010, 08:33 AM
CS Bro :P

Aquarius bro :rolleyes: lol

Denovo87
26-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Nice to see an other POTENTIAL PT145 owner :) CS bro, since brother AK already given his verdict I just will say WELCOME TO THE PT145 CLUB,
My verdict; if you need something small to conceal, punch of 45acp with 10 chances to take care of any situation and well controllable recoil then go for it .

Crazy Shooter
26-10-2010, 11:03 AM
I just called Fakhr E Alam he is asking 60K for pt 145 and also its not avlble in stock I have to wait for 2 months :|

Denovo87
26-10-2010, 11:06 AM
I just called Fakhr E Alam he is asking 60K for pt 145 and also its not avlble in stock I have to wait for 2 months :|

Thats insane, they quoted you a product which they dont have???? try Lahore market bro .

Crazy Shooter
26-10-2010, 11:20 AM
I am a little confused between CZ 97B and PT 145 and one more thing I dnt want .45 for conceal carry what do you guys suggest ? PT 145 ? or CZ 97 B ?

AK47
26-10-2010, 11:39 AM
I am a little confused between CZ 97B and PT 145 and one more thing I dnt want .45 for conceal carry what do you guys suggest ? PT 145 ? or CZ 97 B ?

Brother CS, those are two totally different things. Now, you mention that you don't need for concealment, then the PT 145 is out of the question, totally.

Now, come to the 97B. Well, for kind of collection completeness and in case one does already have other full framed cal .45's, I would deem it a fit acquisition.

Yet, may I ask you, what on earth makes you prefer this one over the 1911, unless you already have a 1911? The extra 2 rounds?

I'd strongly suggest the 1911, and rest assured I can and will give you proper reasons on why, once I receive your feedback.

I'm sure Den can too, yet he would like to leave it to me! ;)

Crazy Shooter
26-10-2010, 12:00 PM
hmmmmm what are the other choices in 1911 ? except taurus 1911 ? I dnt think I can get a NIB 1911 exxept taurus in this price range

Crazy Shooter
26-10-2010, 12:02 PM

Brother CS, those are two totally different things. Now, you mention that you don't need for concealment, then the PT 145 is out of the question, totally.

Now, come to the 97B. Well, for kind of collection completeness and in case one does already have other full framed cal .45's, I would deem it a fit acquisition.

Yet, may I ask you, what on earth makes you prefer this one over the 1911, unless you already have a 1911? The extra 2 rounds?

I'd strongly suggest the 1911, and rest assured I can and will give you proper reasons on why, once I receive your feedback.

No I dnt have any full framed .45 in my collection

AK47
26-10-2010, 02:07 PM

hmmm....You didn't quite get me above! Reduce the itch, find some scrubbing thing, and read again! ;) :lol:

jehanzeb
26-10-2010, 02:25 PM
And what about 845

Crazy Shooter
26-10-2010, 02:49 PM

hmmm....You didn't quite get me above! Reduce the itch, find some scrubbing thing, and read again! ;) :lol:
:lol:

safeershah
14-01-2011, 12:46 PM
very nice gun

Enigmatic Desires
17-01-2011, 05:32 PM
And what about 845

Only now has the 845 appeared in the market.. While i don't know if any one here has purchased it or not. But based on what I read on forums. Its plagued with reliability issues.
But til some1 here actualy buys an reviews it.. Its kinda difficult to say...

AK47
17-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Only now has the 845 appeared in the market.. While i don't know if any one here has purchased it or not. But based on what I read on forums. Its plagued with reliability issues.
But til some1 here actualy buys an reviews it.. Its kinda difficult to say...

Reviewed off the forum, a year ago or so, by Dr. Aquarius Sb, low shooting tendencies, soft primer strikes. Regards.