PDA

View Full Version : Taurus 945 .45 ACP

GatlinGun
19-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Friends,

This Pistol is available in Karachi for about 60,000. Has anyone used it before? Kindly let me know. I am considering to buy it, since it seems like a decent weapon.

Your help is appreciated as always.

GG

http://s3.postimage.org/ri4H9.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=Pqri4H9)

Dr Zakir
19-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Nope I only have used 1911 design and that works very well

AK47
19-12-2009, 05:44 PM
@GG.............Bro, it seems like a gun on the lines of 917C and 909, yet in .45 cal. I honestly do not think any of us have had any experience with it so far, can't say about Abbas, however, yet it looks like something solid, I must say. Now, the picture itself does not give any clear impression about it's size, but I feel it must be slightly bulkier, heavier than the 917 and 909, which, in my opinion, already are about full sized guns. As such, if you intend it for CC, I'd say it may be a bit over-sized, though I'm sure it's still smaller than the Taurus 911.

How about availability of the PT145 over there, given a choice between these two, I'd choose the 145, being much handier, better looking, as well as laser mountable due to rails. Price even should be near to same. Sorry to say, can't quite comment further on above one.

Glockcohlic
19-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Check PT 845 as well, some mentioned that PT 845 is available in KHI. Do check them both and then decide as per your preference.

Slayerjatt
19-12-2009, 07:11 PM
taurus pistols are usually reliable in .45 caliber. even those people who have had issues with 24/7 in 9mm are satisfied with the 24/7 in .45.

Abbas
19-12-2009, 07:38 PM
It's a good pistol and handles ammo cycling well. Quite accurate too. The models that I've seen in Pakistan all have ported slides. I was looking for one and found it but it was used and the demand was 45k.

60 K is a good asking price if the pistol is NIB, I suggest making the deal in the 50-55k range. Do let me know where you saw it, I might check it out myself.

+1 to the PT 845 idea.

GatlinGun
19-12-2009, 10:32 PM
It's a good pistol and handles ammo cycling well. Quite accurate too. The models that I've seen in Pakistan all have ported slides. I was looking for one and found it but it was used and the demand was 45k.

60 K is a good asking price if the pistol is NIB, I suggest making the deal in the 50-55k range. Do let me know where you saw it, I might check it out myself.

+1 to the PT 845 idea.

Thanks for your input. It is with Tipu at Tayabally. Check it out while you are here and give further feedback if possible.

GatlinGun
19-12-2009, 10:33 PM
Check PT 845 as well, some mentioned that PT 845 is available in KHI. Do check them both and then decide as per your preference.

Indeed, I will look if an 845 can be procured, since its a newer model.

GatlinGun
19-12-2009, 10:36 PM
@GG.............Bro, it seems like a gun on the lines of 917C and 909, yet in .45 cal. I honestly do not think any of us have had any experience with it so far, can't say about Abbas, however, yet it looks like something solid, I must say. Now, the picture itself does not give any clear impression about it's size, but I feel it must be slightly bulkier, heavier than the 917 and 909, which, in my opinion, already are about full sized guns. As such, if you intend it for CC, I'd say it may be a bit over-sized, though I'm sure it's still smaller than the Taurus 911.

How about availability of the PT145 over there, given a choice between these two, I'd choose the 145, being much handier, better looking, as well as laser mountable due to rails. Price even should be near to same. Sorry to say, can't quite comment further on above one.

I think Abbas has been real lucky with his PT145, and till I am sure that the .45 rounds in this market are Subsonic, i will not touch any gun with a Millennium design. I have been witness to seeing this gun firing both ways (slide hitting the shooter's face, Ouch).

I have big hands, so 945 seems like a nice handy gun, for CC or HD. What I am concerned about is reliability.

AK47
19-12-2009, 10:53 PM
I think Abbas has been real lucky with his PT145, and till I am sure that the .45 rounds in this market are Subsonic, i will not touch any gun with a Millennium design. I have been witness to seeing this gun firing both ways (slide hitting the shooter's face, Ouch).

I have big hands, so 945 seems like a nice handy gun, for CC or HD. What I am concerned about is reliability. Thanks GG. Now this is something quite worrisome! Actually, I and Denovo both have a plan for a .45 for next handgun, and till a few days ago, Denovo even was searching for the PT145, while I'm still waiting for an MOI, and also have set myself for this particular model. Could you plz elaborate on above incident? Thanks.

About reliability of the 945, well, I think Abbas concluded it positively.

SPAYPANTHER
19-12-2009, 10:57 PM
what about tha amunation of .45
what is tha minimum prise of this bulits

AK47
19-12-2009, 11:03 PM
@SPAYPANTHER.............Please dear bro, try to stick to the issue being discussed. For ammunition we've separate threads. Second, would really appreciate if mobile phone text style language could be omitted from here, most members are not quite prone to replying such. Courtesy. Regards.

Salahuddin Ayubi
21-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Here's an online review of the 945

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost.php?p=560705&postcount=1

The Taurus is basically a Beretta design in .45, which is something I always wanted. It's an 8+1 DA/SA gun, ported with ambi controls. Again, a good deal at a local shop convinced me to separate cash from wallet. This one ran $399 with 3 mags, nib. Sights are white 3-dot combat style, rear is adjustable by wrench.

Pros: The Taurus PT945 is very well balanced, feels good and points naturally. So far, it's been extremely reliable and accurate. It's digested 20 different brands of 45, mixed in mags and has never had a hiccup. Going on 1000 rounds, it's been perfect. The porting really helps muzzle control, makes recoil very manageable and the fit/finish of the pistol is exceptional, no machining marks or ugly parts to speak of. Unlike many guns, the angle of feed is nearly straight-on, and the feed ramp is polished and smooth. The gun eats HP/SP/FMJ with equal aploomb. The trigger is decent, smooth and a nice letoff. Good for a combat pistol.

Cons: The porting, while serving it's purpose has a very negative side effect in that it throws burnt powder into the front sight, completely erasing the white dot, so much so infact that the dot can't be cleaned - it's gone. I have to apply white-out before shooting each time, but after 20 rounds it's obscured and completely black. Also, the porting obviously makes cleaning the slide and barrel much more difficult, but that's to be expected. The only other downside is the grips are very thin, very cheap feeling plastic ones. A finger groove Hogue rubber wraparound would be sooo nice but none is made IIRC. Taurus makes a contoured wood, but I don't like wood on a service piece so I'll live with what I have for now.

Overall, I'm thrilled with the gun. It's ideal and shoots as well if not better than my Sig220, with much less recoil. For the money, I'd say it's one of the nicest .45's on the market.

Glockcohlic
21-12-2009, 11:22 AM
@Salahuddin Ayubi

Just for info, do we have ported version available here?

AK47
21-12-2009, 11:30 AM
SA........Nice share, buddy. Reminds of Den's problems with the burn marks on his revolver. So that's the issue with the porting. Natural. Thanks bro.

Salahuddin Ayubi
21-12-2009, 11:39 AM
@ Glockaholic

Glockcohlic
21-12-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the info SA. Gud to know about the ported version availability.

Dr Zakir
21-12-2009, 03:22 PM
when in doubt go for a time tested thing ie 1911 taurus , u cannot go wrong . for any body buying .45 i would say the first is a 1911, taurus ,colt or otherwise .

SPAYPANTHER
22-12-2009, 11:49 AM
@SPAYPANTHER.............Please dear bro, try to stick to the issue being discussed. For ammunition we've separate threads. Second, would really appreciate if mobile phone text style language could be omitted from here, most members are not quite prone to replying such. Courtesy. Regards.

dear i dont think so that i should creat a new topic just to ask tha prise of spacific amo...
and as you peolpe was discusing about tha .45 calibar pistal thats way i ask its prise...

and about my mobile phone text style , sir i m trying to improve my english till that plz try to understand that mobile languge ;)

Salahuddin Ayubi
22-12-2009, 11:57 AM
@SpayPanther, meray chotay bhai, search the Ammunition threads for .45 round prices and in future, please try to avoid interjecting in threads where senior members are have a discussion unless you have something to contribute or add value. First search for your required info and if you fail to find it, then start a new thread requesting the info.

SPAYPANTHER
22-12-2009, 12:01 PM
@ salaudin bhai

sory for that !!! next time i will cear full about that

Vik
23-12-2009, 11:34 PM
.45 rounds are subsonic. WHat does this means.

Denovo87
23-12-2009, 11:50 PM
.45 rounds are subsonic. WHat does this means.

Vik bro, subsonic = Slower than the speed of sound (343 mtrs/sec. or 1125 ft/sec or 1236 kmh or 768 mph).

AK47
23-12-2009, 11:58 PM
@Denovo.......welcome back bro, think you've ben pretty much exhausted! Cared for some "massage"! ;). Anyhow, plz check a few posts above about the PT145, by GG. Quite disappointing! Have asked him for details, yet he's off again. Think I should email him.

Denovo87
24-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks AK bro, actually been massaged thoroughy in karachi ;) & just trying to get back to normal.
Looked at the GG's post about milinimium pro's slide firing back but technicaly it doesnt sound possible unless shooter forgets to put the barrel in the slide :) In pistol kabooms slides do fly but never heard of them punching the shooter's face. Lets wait for GG to tell his experience & exact gun it happened with.

GatlinGun
28-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Guys, I am back. Sorry work calls and we have to answer...

Abbas, did you get a chance to hit the market while you were here?

To my other friends, PT145 is a Millennium design, and these pistols are infamous in reacting to non-subsonic rounds, the @ Z and +Ps of our market.

What I saw was a pistol slide breaking during a pistol shoot and hitting the eye protection of the shooter. I have many other horror stories of PT24/7 in 9mm etc.

However, this thread is not about the PT145, and if we wish to bash or condone it, lets start a new thread. This is about PT 945. So, have any of you seen it?

In handling, it looks like 917, though not a Beretta clone. Seems quite compact to me, when compared to other .45 pistols. The units Tayabaly has in stock have some scratches, peculiar to demonstration pistols at high volume stores. I don't know, maybe I am paranoid.

THe pistol barrel must be of some new materials, since its waaayyyy too thin to what I have seen till now.

So, since Taurus isn't really a top name of our market, why don't some of you, when having some spare time, check out PT 945 and give me your first hand opinion.

SA, thanks for the review from the web, I had seen it already. Check out the gun and let me know what you think.

Salahuddin Ayubi
28-12-2009, 08:09 PM
SA, thanks for the review from the web, I had seen it already. Check out the gun and let me know what you think.

Have planned to visit Tayabally coming week. Will check it out.

Taurus
28-12-2009, 09:35 PM
Well GG i have seen this pistol but would still advice u to go on for a 1911 ...This pistol is really cool having compensated barrel for low recoil but 1911 balance is too good

GatlinGun
28-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Well GG i have seen this pistol but would still advice u to go on for a 1911 ...This pistol is really cool having compensated barrel for low recoil but 1911 balance is too good

OK, where can I get a 1911, and how much should I pay?

Taurus
28-12-2009, 11:05 PM
In khi its quite expensive u can get it around in khi for Rs.100k but in lahore u'll get it around 85K
it depends on the availability in lahore u can also get it for 80K but if its quantity is available

SPAYPANTHER
29-12-2009, 11:07 PM
@ taurus
i saw some models of 1911 on norinco website are tha avaliable in karachi
( i meen china made 1911 model)

AK47
30-12-2009, 12:36 AM
@SPAYPANTHER........Look for the separate thread on the 1911 by Abbas.

SPAYPANTHER
30-12-2009, 01:47 PM
@ ak47
.............:rolleyes:

Aquarius
04-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Taurus PT 1911 AR SS available in Peshawar two months back for 80k... cant say anything about its price rite now.........

Oasis
04-03-2010, 12:48 PM
AOA ..

Is PT1911 s available in Karachi nw days ?

Thx.