PDA

View Full Version : norinco 1911

dirtdemon
27-02-2013, 04:43 AM
I bought a norinco 1911 for about for 400 tax in. changed the hammer,sear,and trigger.I have about 10000 rounds through it changing only the recoil spring.These are very good guns for the money.drop some parts in and it is a great shooter.Over all I from factory I would rate the gun 6 out of 10,trigger pull,and finish being its down fall.After I upgraded the parts I would rate the gun 8 out of 10 finish being its only down fall.You cant beat this gun for the price.thought I would share this info.

Aquarius
27-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Nice information.. please upload some pictures as well.

joney
27-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Nice info brother.

Thanks for sharin.

dodo23
27-02-2013, 02:32 PM
I recently got The Norc 1911 45 ACp as well. I have put about 40 rounds down the pipe in first sitting, probably will bring it to the range tomorrow again. In a few weeks I plan to put it through major surgery, then I might be able to compare results and the major differences I note before and after. Mine is a sport two tone version with a little bit of updates already done at the factory compared to the GI version.

Qazi Usman
27-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Nice info brother.

sadatpk
27-02-2013, 03:32 PM
in Pakistan NP44 is available while 1911 is hard to find,any how the handgun is great,no comparison in its price tag,it is of 50k in Pk

TRX
15-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Some political tit-for-tat prohibited import of Chinese pistols to the USA about 20 years ago. Despite that, the Norinco 1911s are popular with some American gunsmiths, who use them to build high-end custom pistols. They claim the steel and heat treat are very good. I haven't done any drilling or cutting on mine, so I don't know.

I have one of the Norinco 1911s. It is my very favorite pistol. I am not the world's best marksman, but the old Norinco acts like it has power steering - see the target, point at the target, put a hole in the target. It makes me look like I can shoot. And it shoots *anything*, including the flat-nose 230 grain Keith cast lead wadcutters which are all I load for it now. Most other 1911s have fits with the Keith bullets.

The Norinco is competently-made, but nothing special in the 1911 world. But for some reason this particular one "just works." I have successfully resisted the urge to customize or modify it in any way.

I don't care about a few visible tool marks or the flat black finish. It shots REALLY good...

Aquarius
15-06-2013, 06:52 PM
@TRX: whats the magazine capacity of Norinco 1911 ??

Dr Zakir
15-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Here 1911 design in chineese is not common. However other models are available like cf 98 np 42 which are cheap but very reliable and accurate . Most of the people have chineese weapons .Chinese TT is very popular and common

TRX
17-06-2013, 12:35 AM
The Norinco 1911 is an interchangeable copy of the Colt Government Model, and uses the same 7-round magazines.

The Tokarev is, in my opinion, a fine pistol that is under-rated and under-valued, and has proven itself in combat and rough conditions for over eighty years.

Despite import restrictions, Chinese firearms are still relatively common where I am - 1911s, Tokarevs, AK-47s, Mosin-Nagants, and copies of the US M-14 rifle. Finish is usually just Parkerized or painted, but fit and function are taken as given. They all originated in Chinese government arsenals, and most goverments take their weapons seriously.

Fudgepacker
17-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Wow, didn't realize how many Canadians were on this site :) Anyways I got one too and believe it or not, it came with a tighter fitting slide than my Kimber! Now the Kimber was tight, but my Norc almost looks like it was hand fitted... maybe I got the opposite of a lemon :) Anyways, finish doesn't rank very highly with me cuz most of my guns end up with scratches anyway, but it's trigger from the factory was (almost 9lbs) TIGHT! But after an STI rebuild, I shoot better with it than the stock Kimber and it still only costs half as much. I know it's considered prohibited here but new production Norc AR's and M14's are NEVER painted (very good parkerizing for sure), and I'd bet good money a blind man wouldn't be able to tell them apart. I do agree that Toks are highly underrated in North America though, but understandable due to their lack of any safety devices (in Cda we get them as they were originally designed, no add on safety required), however they do seem to be getting a bit more popular here with a huge shipment of Polish pistols and surplus ammo flooding the market recently.

TRX
17-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Practically, the Norinco 1911 doesn't have a safety either, unless you count the grip safety.

Hauling the hammer back when you're ready to shoot isn't as convenient as having a little lever you can reach, but since most pistols are right-handed, I got into the habit of cocking the gun when I was ready to shoot, and ignoring the stupid levers and buttons on the wrong side of the gun. Some safety Nazis freak out over it, but I point out that's how you have to shoot any single action revolver, and it's not a bloodbath in the firing lanes...