Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Different types of licenses available in Karachi

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M20mauser View Post
    thanks for guiding me .. ma dear

9mm ready to transfer for ma lic after i got..

S & W 908 ..

how about that???
    Err. M20mauser. i have no idea what u said sir??
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Another thing that has being bought to my notice is that the Baluchistan and KPK govts. issue lics. However they do not issue all pak permits to the lics, but rather on the weapons that have been bought on them.

I.e u get the lic & buy the weapon and henceforth are issued an all pak 'carry" permit. The lic is itself specific to the province only. However the weapon purchased on it may then be carried all over the country.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Excellent Information and very well explained.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Another thing that has being bought to my notice is that the Baluchistan and KPK govts. issue lics. However they do not issue all pak permits to the lics, but rather on the weapons that have been bought on them.

I.e u get the lic & buy the weapon and henceforth are issued an all pak 'carry" permit. The lic is itself specific to the province only. However the weapon purchased on it may then be carried all over the country.
    So, the All-Pakistan status is weapon specific and not license specific?

Generaly 144 is issued in specific areas. i have never heard of a blanket 144 all over the country.
    What would you suggest if one were travelling by road from Karachi to Islamabad? That is two provinces and the ICT...a whole lot of districts, some of which may have 144 imposed...and, one has no credible means of knowing which ones do...and, 144 may be imposed without prior notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Navarone View Post
    What would you suggest if one were travelling by road from Karachi to Islamabad? That is two provinces and the ICT...a whole lot of districts, some of which may have 144 imposed...and, one has no credible means of knowing which ones do...and, 144 may be imposed without prior notice.

That Sir is a very big problem indeed. Specially since ICT is a very sensitive area. They wil probably accept MOI all pak permits. but cant say bout the other areas.

That my be so nauman _12345 bhai. unfortunately I have known Rangers to stop and confiscate such weapons. I.e those weapons which had a 144 life time permit issued from the MOI.

Then the onus of the responsibility of proving the authenticity of the permit rests not with the confiscating authority but the individual who has his weapons confiscated.

The lower cadre officers and sepoys are told to look for a specific permit and that's precisely what they do.
    Rangers badshah hain. If they want to confiscate something, they will. And, you may have all the permits in the world and still be quite helpless 'on the spot'. What are the consequences for abuse of authority in this country? If you 'know' people then you will get your property returned to you and that is that.

If we were more civilised, rules and laws would not be kept deliberately vague nor would we be at the mercy of someone's whim.

The person who is checking the docs makes a spot on decision. Generally they let u go. but I have known of cases where they did create problems. The weapons were eventually returned but after quite a lot of hassles.

Enthusiast
    True comments by Navarone bro, You cannot expect good or bad from rangers on the spot, what comes in their mind on the same spot they will do. Same situation happen with one of my friend that they confiscate his licenced weapon without any solid reason, yes, but the reason they provided that we will verify it and will return to you they just noted the licence number and took the weapon only and not licence and now its almost 3 to 4 months, there is no news, he tried to approach to concern several times but seems useless still. (So betther beaware with rangers specially ) , Its far better to change the route, where you find them

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by nauman_12345 View Post
    True comments by Navarone bro, You cannot expect good or bad from rangers on the spot, what comes in their mind on the same spot they will do. Same situation happen with one of my friend that they confiscate his licenced weapon without any solid reason, yes, but the reason they provided that we will verify it and will return to you they just noted the licence number and took the weapon only and not licence and now its almost 3 to 4 months, there is no news, he tried to approach to concern several times but seems useless still. (So betther beaware with rangers specially ) , Its far better to change the route, where you find them
    Hmm... so the bottom line is: no matter whether you have Sindh License, Balochistan lic, MOI, Nadra or DC, etc. it is at sole mercy of such LEA officer.

and what about if we have 144 permit ? they will let us go or....checking...still checking...still checking..
    hahaha.

true very true forcetrip...ED got me coming back to this site for more and more information

information is never enuff these days
    xX Buying the latest Blackberries, Buying the latest arms...hitech gadgetry Xx

I can see that happening...Rangers got that federal power, they think they are the king in Karachi...while one day I was in Malir area and some guys started firing in the air and kicking cars window down while rangers stood on the side of the road silently watching, *********gettin paid to watch
    Last edited by Naveed_pk; 10-10-2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: Foul language is strictly not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Navarone View Post
    So, the All-Pakistan status is weapon specific and not license specific?
    that is my understanding Yes. But if and when I find out further info. Will definitely let U know.

Quote Originally Posted by torontoboyo View Post
    I can see that happening...Rangers got that federal power, they think they are the king in Karachi...while one day I was in Malir area and some guys started firing in the air and kicking cars window down while rangers stood on the side of the road silently watching, *********gettin paid to watch
    @thanks for the vote of confidence sir.

As regards the rangers. I think they were sure those weapons were unlicensed. Since they cant very well check the documents of those, it would be prudent to simply watch.

Enthusiast
    Yes!!! yeh he to masla hay, that they cant very well check the docs of those, but they will check us thoroughly

Yes!!! yeh he to masla hay, that they cant very well check the docs of those, but they will check us thoroughly
    That is just how the world works. muslims, christian, atheisets whatever they are, if they are human beings they will only make life miserable for whoever is weaker than them. Best senario is to have your documents in order and have someone on speed dial to difuse the situation at the spot. Once that weapon leaves your sight, it is a whole new ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by forcetrip View Post
    That is just how the world works. muslims, christian, atheisets whatever they are, if they are human beings they will only make life miserable for whoever is weaker than them. Best senario is to have your documents in order and have someone on speed dial to difuse the situation at the spot. Once that weapon leaves your sight, it is a whole new ball game.
    Sir, that is precisely why I lay so much stress on proper documentation

Quote Originally Posted by forcetrip View Post
    true said...once ur weapon is gone its gone and if we spend so much time getting the best price and best pistol for ourselves, best to have documents ready and none of that balochistan lic. crap haha jk forcetrip

Update:

Mods: Please include this in my first post.

It has come to my notice that DC lics made through dealers involving DCs of districts other then the applicant's are essentially fake and are liable to lead to criminal prosecution. In fact have already seen some cases of forum members who have been effected.

Dont mean to create a panic..Unfortunately. the FIA is very interested in such cases.

This holds true spacialy for Karachi lics made on the quota of DCs serving in interior Sindh. In most such cases the issuing authority has not issued any letters and more ever police certification letters are also forged as well.

The home dep (in close cooperation with the FIA) is also closely scrutanising applications for 144 permits that it recieves from people holding such lics.

Please Please be careful