Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Different types of licenses available in Karachi

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hmd View Post
    Bro ED how can we renew the other way if it is not done legally .
    Yes U can. For around 5 to 6k or so U can get it renewed for 5 years or so. But what is the point since book licenses will cease to be valid after 31 12 2013. (Subject to no extention from the MOI)

Even if it is renewed but considered invalid no point in getting it done.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Yes U can. For around 5 to 6k or so U can get it renewed for 5 years or so. But what is the point since book licenses will cease to be valid after 31 12 2013. (Subject to no extention from the MOI)

Even if it is renewed but considered invalid no point in getting it done.
    Oh ok thanks for the information bro .

Sorry for digging up an old oooold thread. But there is a lot of misinformation about licenses and the dealers are taking advantage of unfortunate customers who have no idea what they might be getting into.
    Some of the information regarding the procedure is still valid.. As for the rest please help me update it.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Sorry for digging up an old oooold thread. But there is a lot of misinformation about licenses and the dealers are taking advantage of unfortunate customers who have no idea what they might be getting into.
    Some of the information regarding the procedure is still valid.. As for the rest please help me update it.
    Hi ED Bro. I hope you are doing good.

Just wanted to check what is the update on the activity which was started back in 2012 to verify the licenses from DC offices. I am having Home Department License (booklet one). I had submitted all my documents in DC Central (Karachi). Since then I am out of country and didn't hear any update about that verification process. Can you please guide me what to be done next as I will be visiting Pakistan in Dec this year.

JazakAllah.

My suggestion is to reapply once again. And to do it before dec 31 2018.

A lot of the old docs were simply handed over to the raddi walas and they bought samosas with the money..

This time round, we are paying em 2k plus the 1k fees to make sure the darned docs actually are sent to Islamabad. However, make sure that you reapply before dec 31 in any case. Otherwise this verificaion window will also close as well.

As regards the different kinds of licenses being made in Sindh today based on my last market survey:

Baluchistan books ( 14-15k)

Balochistan long paper lics (quetta made 25- 30k)

Back dated Sindh Manual books with omni computerization slips 18k

Home department computerized lics 40k (with all pak endorsement 45k)

223./ 222 rifle permits from the home dep 15k

My suggestion is to reapply once again. And to do it before dec 31 2018.

A lot of the old docs were simply handed over to the raddi walas and they bought samosas with the money..

This time round, we are paying em 2k plus the 1k fees to make sure the darned docs actually are sent to Islamabad. However, make sure that you reapply before dec 31 in any case. Otherwise this verificaion window will also close as well.
    Thank you very much for the update E.D. Where do I need to go to reapply and any idea do I need to pay the fee again because I have already paid the fee with my previous application in DC Central. Anyway, thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by amkhan View Post
    Thank you very much for the update E.D. Where do I need to go to reapply and any idea do I need to pay the fee again because I have already paid the fee with my previous application in DC Central. Anyway, thanks for your help!
    For starters, you can go and check if by chance (again by chance) they have actually done the needful and your lic is there..

And if that is the case, you are good to go.. However, amongst all the DCs central is the worst when it comes to getting things done.

For starters, you can go and check if by chance (again by chance) they have actually done the needful and your lic is there..

And if that is the case, you are good to go.. However, amongst all the DCs central is the worst when it comes to getting things done.
    Ha ha haaaa.. thats true. I have never seen miracles happening in DC Central..
    On the serious note, I am thinking to dispose off my 9mm if I have to start the verification process again. Enough of this headache. Any idea how can I sell it and remove it from my name?

Ha ha haaaa.. thats true. I have never seen miracles happening in DC Central..
    On the serious note, I am thinking to dispose off my 9mm if I have to start the verification process again. Enough of this headache. Any idea how can I sell it and remove it from my name?
    Step one: Go to a dealer
    Step two: sell it:
    Step three come back home

However, I would still advise you to get the thing verified before losing your precious firearm. if I know the dealers here, they will rip you off to the maximum possible extent.

Step one: Go to a dealer
    Step two: sell it:
    Step three come back home

However, I would still advise you to get the thing verified before losing your precious firearm. if I know the dealers here, they will rip you off to the maximum possible extent.
    Thank you bhai for the advice. I will definitely try to get it verified first. If things getting messy i might sell it as i will be there for 2 only weeks. For disposing off, I am just worried about the police station where the weapon is registered on my name.

Thank you bhai for the advice. I will definitely try to get it verified first. If things getting messy i might sell it as i will be there for 2 only weeks. For disposing off, I am just worried about the police station where the weapon is registered on my name.
    No need.. I buy and sell my weaponms regularly. And they are all registered at the PS.

If your computerized lic is not there at central.. Let me know.. I will see what I can do

I have two other friends and fellow members from district central who are in the exact same predicament. They both reside abroad and will be coming in dec.

We will work something out..

No need.. I buy and sell my weaponms regularly. And they are all registered at the PS.

If your computerized lic is not there at central.. Let me know.. I will see what I can do

I have two other friends and fellow members from district central who are in the exact same predicament. They both reside abroad and will be coming in dec.

We will work something out..
    Thank you so much. Will contact u in first week of dec. I.A

Since Sindh licenses are open. I am refreshing this thread. The current quota for home department licenses per month for all of Sindh is 200.

Since Sindh licenses are open. I am refreshing this thread. The current quota for home department licenses per month for all of Sindh is 200.

Is this news still valid? Also please advise costs for quickest possible turnaround time for NPB.
    Last edited by WaltherP88; 04-10-2021 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherP88 View Post
    Is this news still valid? Also please advise costs for quickest possible turnaround time for NPB.
    Yes. 40k and one month (Give or take a few days).

Many thanks ED bro, will likely see you in Nov this year inshaAllah after a long time. Returning home after 8 years

Many thanks ED bro, will likely see you in Nov this year inshaAllah after a long time. Returning home after 8 years
    You are most welcome good WaltherP38 Bro. (interesting choice of weapon).

Sent you an email last night, please respond when you can.

You are most welcome good WaltherP38 Bro. (interesting choice of weapon).

Sent you an email last night, please respond when you can.
    I did ..........