Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2836373839 LastLast

Thread: AirGun Club

Dear brothers!
    I have a Crossman 2200 Magnum Pneumatic Airgun. Which i got in 1995. I need to get it repaired for performance. Anyone who can siggest a good reliable place to get it done?
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin107 View Post
    Dear brothers!
    I have a Crossman 2200 Magnum Pneumatic Airgun. Which i got in 1995. I need to get it repaired for performance. Anyone who can siggest a good reliable place to get it done?
    Regards
    Kindly let the members know your locatio. It will be easy to guide you the best

Salam All,
    Been a while....

So this is how it went....I have been having so much fun with D34, which I detuned to 14.5 ft-lbs(i'll post the story in the shooting chrony thread), that I hadn't shot the D52 in a while. Well, it was a sunday and I was bored so I thought i'd play with it. Now, this gun is completely stock with about 1200-1300 shots through it. It wears a Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO scope, in a Sportsmatch AOP55 adjustable mount. I had been meaning to optically centre this scope, and adjust the mount accordingly, as I had no previous record of the adjustments I had already made. So I took the scope off, and counted the clicks on both dials, and returned them to half their total clicks, right in the middle. Also, the mount has no markings on the adjustments so I centered those as accurately as I could using my eyes. Now, please keep in mind that this mount needs to be taken off the gun to change the vertical POI, but to change it left or right, you dont need to take it off. So, I took an empty Olpers 1 ltr carton, and used the red oval between the 'o' as a target. The distance to target was 22 yards.

The bottom left one was my first shot. I took the mount off and adjusted it up a little. Reinstalled, the next 2 shots are the ones above the first one. I then took the mount off again and a little more adjustment, got me to the upper shot on the left. By this time I noticed that the gun was hitting one mildot to the left of the crosshairs at 6x magnification. So...I thought I.ll adjust the left right later since I dont need to take the mount off. Using the first dot on the left of the crosshair, I then shot this tiny group of four shots. By the fourth shot, I was so excited that I thought I'd better take a photo, coz I usually get all excited and screw up the shot and I'm glad that I did, coz in all honesty the fifth shot was a flyer about 3/4 of an inch to the left coz I hurried the shot and the gun jumped left. The pellet shown for size comparison is a 16gr jsb pellet. The target was shot with me sitting on a step, using my left knee to to support my left elbow.

Oh, and did I tell you guys that I love this gun.

Regards.
    Last edited by Kamranwali; 11-09-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Salam All,
    Some new goodies.......

Regards.
    Last edited by Kamranwali; 29-10-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Dunno why the pics are'nt showing up....a lil help from the mods please
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

You mention detuning your D34 to 14.5 fp. The D34 is a 14.5 fp to begin with. Can you explain your statement.
    22LR Diameter: bullet .223", neck @ case mouth .224", base .225", rim .275". Length: case .595", cartridge overall .975"

Salam,
    Dear PakistanFirst bro. The d34 that I own was was doing 15.5fpe with a spring that had abt a coil and a half broken at the trigger end. Please refer to the complete post in the shooting chrony thread.

By the way, when I put in a new spring, after abt a tin of pellets, it was doing 711 avg with Crosman Premiers, which equates to 16fpe.

Regards.
    Last edited by Kamranwali; 27-10-2017 at 09:09 PM.

Kamranwali,
    I read your ealier post about broken spring and losing 1 1/2 coils of the spring.

I too have a D34 which is 20 years old. My Diana 48 is 30 years old. Both air rifles are .177 caliber.

I got into air guns when 1950 at age10 my father gave me a BSA air rifle and Webley air pistol. Beside air rifles I also enjoy shooting .22 LR riles and pistols. You can read my posts under the Rifles thread. For the past 61 years I have been hunting in Califorina with air rifles and 22LR rifles.

I am wondering if you hunt with you D34 and D52 or use them for punching holes in paper.

Regards,
    Last edited by PakistanFirst; 28-10-2017 at 02:54 AM.
    22LR Diameter: bullet .223", neck @ case mouth .224", base .225", rim .275". Length: case .595", cartridge overall .975"

Salam All,
    Oh....now I get it....actually the d34 is a 13-14 fpe gun in .177....and easily a 15-16 fpe gun in .22.

I mainly punch paper and plink with air rifles, with an occassional varmint here and there.

Please do share your pics and details of your BSA. I have one too, an old meteor, which needs a news spring and seals. Will work on it some day soon. For now, I am planning to install the tinbum kits I got for my Dianas

Regards.

The BSA rifle and the Webley pistol lasted me from 1950 to 1953. In both cases the hole in linkage that attach to the barrel for cocking got too big from wear. Instead of a hole in the cocking lever it became a "U" shape slot. In those days in Bahawalpur there no one who could weld the open slots and drill new holes in the cocking levers.

During the summers when the school closed for the holidays, I used to take my BSA bicycle along with either rifle or the pistol and go out in the countryside and hunt for pigeons. At the end of the day I would come back home all tired. The next day I would repeat what I had done the day before. This went on every day the school was closed for summers. In 1953 family when family moved for overseas, both broken guns were left behind.

Every now and then I look at pictures on internt of the BSA rifle and the Webley pistol I used to own. This story goes back long time. I was ten years old when I go the BSA and the Webley. Now I am seventy seven.

So, ages has passed quickly and you are probably one of the senior most members at Pak Guns... I well remember having shot a few birds with "GHULAIL" (Sling shot) in my school days, then shifted to china made air gun......but I have also given up hunting.... at the middle age....and now only shooting at targets........ and the pigeons have starting building their nests in our own home...

Have a good time... and a good health..

Quote Originally Posted by Kamranwali View Post
    Salam All,
    Some new goodies.......

Regards.
    Dear Kamran Wali! Brother (رورہ) Congratulations on your purchases... from where and for how much you bought this beautiful scope?

Salam All,
    @PakistanFirst, Sir......it truly is an honor to converse with u. Like wow.....u had a bsa and a webley such a long time ago, and I know how it must feel remembering the good old times. Be well sir, and please share what you have learned through the years. It would be an honor for novices like myself.

@Khalil rora(Bro).....hope you are well....I got all this stuff from the UK. My brother is visiting and he got them for me along with an Ontario Rat II knife. The scope is the IR model with the glass etched reticle. It cost 90 plus delivery.

Regards.

Kamranwali,
    Earlier you wrote about optically centering scope reticle by counting elevation/windage turret clicks from one end to the other end and adjusting the knobs half way between the two ends. This process only mechanically adjusts the reticle; it does not optically center the reticle.

A simple way to optically center the reticle is to use a mirror. Place the objective (front lens) on the mirror. Looking through the eyepiece you will see the reticle and reflection of the reticle. Use the knobs so the reflection merges with reticle - in other words you see only the reticle. If you need more light to see through the eyepiece, just place spacers between the mirror and the objective. For spacers you may want to use similar thickness coins or washers.

At a later date I will mention how a mirror can be used for zeroing the rifle at distance of your choice without pulling the trigger.

Regards,

Salam All,
    Very true, PakistanFirst sir. I have used the mirror method a lot as well. And I still would if talking abt powder burners.

Actually, the reason for this method that I use is that airguns recoil in a different way than powder burners, and are usually very harsh to the scope. This is why you'd want your scope to be mechanically centered, so that the turret springs are exactly in between their adjustment range and that none of them are in state of extreme compression or extension. This in thoery should lower chances of scope failure.
    So the term you used is actually very apt.... "mechanically centered" is where I want my scope, especially with magnum springers.

And sir, please do share your method of zeroing that you mentioned. I actually use a mirror to align the vertical axis of the scope to the barrel of the gun, so that cant errors are eliminated. This is something that I am planning to post about.

Regards.
    Last edited by Kamranwali; 31-10-2017 at 12:23 AM.

Pls recommend me some good air gun in 25K budget in Lahore.....

Any member....at least recommend any brand which is availible in Lahore I will check price myself as dealers are too confusing

Quote Originally Posted by MUJ View Post
    Any member....at least recommend any brand which is availible in Lahore I will check price myself as dealers are too confusing
    25K is a handsome budget. Go for Diana 31 it is available in 25-26K but in lahore not sure. "airgun club of pakistan" a FB page is the right place for locating the good dealer.

In 28-30K you can buy Hatsan 125 sniper (a difficult airgun in handling area). from the HIRA ARMS Dealer Neela Gumbad.

Salam All,
    MUJ bro, sorry for the late reply. Dunno the prices in lhr, but if you add a few thousands more you can probably get a Diana 34 or 31. It's a very good gun, with spare parts available.
    I would advise you to stay away from high power spring air rifles.

Regards.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    How does one cock a hatsun sniper anyway.. It is not easy to cock at all.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Salam,
    Hey ED bro.....how's it goin???

Actually, you have to use momentum, and pull down in a sweeping motion. No stopping or slowing in the middle.
    I hope I dont ruffle too many feathers here, but I dont see the point in such a powerful springer.... I can reach out to 90 yards with a 14.5 fpe gun, easily reach it with my 19.9 fpe diana 52...... at these distances, other factors come into play, accuracy being the key issue.

Basically the power the hatsan makes is pcp territory.....the shot cycle on the one I have shot was horrendous.....I simply fail to see the point......

Oh and a few observations abt power that I have made I will share in a few days....I am planning to chrony the pellet at further distances. Like muzzle, 25 yards, 50yards, 75 yards and maybe a hundred if I'm feeling adventurous enough theoretically, if u plugin numbers in chairgun......an 18 grain pellet with a muzzle energy of 37fpe will have retained 17fpe at 100 yards, while the same pellet if shot at 26 fpe, will still have 13 fpe left in it.....now even though you're pushing 11 fpe greater in the first case, the difference at a 100 yards is a measly 4 fpe....

Advice......don't get power hungry....

Regards.