Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: CARACAL CARACAL CARACAL F Review/Project...

Beautiful review Moeen Bhai, loved the way you explained very bit of it. And congrats for the Caracal.
    A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work

Amazing Moeen bro great work done there and good knowledge of internals of gun ,well done bro.And thanks for inviting me today for shooting it was fun .

Enthusiast
    Moeen Bhai ,
    Loved the "so this armchair expert" statement at the end of the video
    An amazing in depth review of a gun which has become pretty popular

So when can I Show up to get a trigger job done on my Caracal :P
    I call dibs !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    @All Please keep on topic. Lots of useless/offtopic chatter on our forums these days, it disturbs the flow of the topic under discussion.

Here are the suggestions from the Caracal Endurance Test:
    Regarding the Suggestions:

No. 2 : Slide release : Abbas bhai , I'm pretty sure they hv Designed it as a slide stop and not a slide release (Sig's hv a Slide release if I'm not mistaken , most other handguns come with slide locks, hence their awkward position,and tiny sizes ).
    Now, I'm aware that there are very experienced and knowledgeable shooters who use the slide stop as a release. They're not wrong, but that method has its drawbacks. In a stress situation, fine motor skills evaporate. Operating a small, oddly-positioned lever with shaking, sweaty hands will be problematic at best.
    For competition purposes its probably faster to use a slide release than sling shot the Slide, But in the context of a combat pistol , I think its a perfectly ok as it is.
    However this would be a good place, where After market , or factory made options can come in handy.

No. 10 : I think that has been sorted out already :http://www.caracal.ae/new/highlights.php
    "Some of the CC10 features are a short travel trigger, magazines with 15, 18 or 30 round capacity (magazines are interchangeable with the Caracal pistol family) "
    Just need to get those imported.

Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Salam All,
    @Denovo87 - Bhai jan, I am becoming impatient, I wanna come over to your place and do a review of the item you recently purchased along side mine... what do you say? Thanks for the kind words.
    @Laino - Thank you sir, I am glad you liked it as much as I enjoyed working on it.
    @Raja Yasir - Thank you for coming over, we are still on for tomorrow as far as I know, so expect my call.
    @Salman Ahmed - Thank you sir, the "arm chair expert" comment was a joking retort for our Boss of PG. He was the first to give me a call and congratulate me. As for the trigger job, I can do it; however, what would be nice is that you have everything ready (tools) and I make a visit and have you do it in front of me. It will encourage you to be a little more aggressive towards the handling and breakdown of your pistol....

@All - I must admit there are a few improper words used in my video regarding parts names. But I didn't wanna redo another video. Will do a better job next time... its slide release lever and not slide stop. The lever above the trigger guard is the slide lock.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

@Denovo87 bro
    @Moeen bro

So when is the show down at Sialkot

Salam All,
    @Laino - no showdown bro, just a comparison between two models of same brand pistols... not the Caracal Fs.
    Last edited by Moeen; 08-09-2012 at 07:34 PM.

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

@Moeen thx for the work and time you put it in,it was trully a pleasure to watch.
    I have a question that you said your caracal FTF 3 times.I plan to get one Inshallah and my purpose is for self defence only so your FTF was a bit upsetting for me.You then told you "polished" the top of the magezine bridge i believe.
    Now my question is should everyone polish there caracal magezines or did your magezine have a flaw in it?
    And what sort of polishin did you do exactly?
    Thank you for your time.
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

Really awesome work done brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Moeen View Post
    Salam All,
    @Laino - no showdown bro, just a comparison between two models of pistols... not the Caracal Fs.
    Yeah I know Moeen Bhai, I was just asking so I can be there as well

Salam All,
    Moeen Bhai......WOW!!!!...you truly are BnS.......and I completely agree with what Denovo Sir said.... could not think of a better way of putting it.
    I would love to meet up with some day, it would be an immense honour for me.

Regards.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Member Emeritus
    CARACAL CARACAL CARACAL.. so at last the long awaited story of Caracal is over by the bravo "Big & Sexy".. what an excellent, fantastic and comprehensive review by a genius and darling of PakGuns.. Moeen Bhai congrats on your new venture and Lolzz (at our meet) on the lecture part.

God bless you.

Great Work done Moeen Bhai. Honestly when ever u come up e a thread, its opened with high expectations and this time its no exception.

Regards
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Salam All,

@Nazim Sahib - Thanks for the compliments, the inside of the magazine lips were not faulty rather another quick manufacturing process fault. When ever one uses a stamping die to cut and then bend as is the case in the magazines - one MUST lightly polish the cut lines as they are sharp. This was the case in the mag's inner lips, its a simple process really, take really fine sand paper 2000 grit, tear a strip and rub along the feed lips till they no longer feel sharp. Hope that helps.
    @Soldier - Thank you sir.
    @Laino - brother you are welcome by me.
    @Kamranwali - Thank you sir, it would be a pleasure to meet you, matter of fact I was in your city two days ago. This is my email address: paradigms67@hotmail.com, send me your mobile number at this email and I will be sure to call you when I visit there next.
    @Aquarius - Thank you Dr Sahib, its been a while we haven't met. Thinking of planning a trip to your city with Dr. Zakir as he hasn't been out much either.
    @Ameer - Thanks bro, where are you located? If Isb, then lets meet up, its been a while. Check with Dr. Zakir as well.

Supreme Member
    another real nice caracal review sir g,but with due respect, u will agree that this gun is wd the right price tag of 65k in pakistan,if the price takes rise ,this gun may loose its market IMHO
    Last edited by sadatpk; 08-09-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Excellent excellent excellent ...

@Moeen thank you very much for the reply.You have been very helpfull.
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

Quote Originally Posted by Moeen View Post
    @Ameer - Thanks bro, where are you located? If Isb, then lets meet up, its been a while. Check with Dr. Zakir as well.
    Looking forward at this weekend (sunday). Will also catch up e Dr.Zakir. Thank you Sir.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

keep up the good work sir

Salam All,
    @Sadatpk - Thanks sir, and yes I agree with your statement.
    @Dust - Thankyou.
    @Nazim Sahib - You are welcome sir.
    @Ameer - Thanks and its been raining at the range most of the day today (Sunday) and yesterday (Saturday) which is why even I have not gone yet.
    @Colt 1911 - Thanks, btw love your nick, the 1911 is my MOST favorite pistol out of EVERYTHING... then again I am old school.

wonderful review and excellent work as always moeen bhai. I was kinda so intrigued by the thing you did to this caracal that I just had to your house and see for myself before posting anything here. I must insist that you did a wonderful job with this one. Trigger feels very good, infact, with my eyes closed I cannot tell if its a Caracal's trigger.

as far as my experience with this gun is concerned, the three things that I have always hated:

1. bad trigger: personal preference mostly. I just do not like hard and mushy triggers. your trigger job made hell of a difference when compared to stock caracal's trigger.

2. fixed rear sight: no drift adjustment possible without drifting the front sight. with your modification of cutting a standard glock dovetail, a world of possibilities have opened up. now we can install any glock rear sight on a caracal plus the rear sight setup is now drift adjustable. what I liked the most about your modification is that it looks like a standard factory job with high finish.

3. bad grip: personal preference, the rear of the grip digs into the knuckle of my hand. plus the rear of the grip (beavertail) is not deep enough to offer any significant benefit.

WHAT I LIKED THE MOST:

Bro, I just have to have those sights installed on my handgun, my laptop, my cellphone, my wrist watch. better yet, can you install one on me? i willing to go under surgery.

these are probably the best fixed/combat sights I have ever seen. the sight picture is just too clear and easy on the eyes.

here are the pictures that I took while the cat was away:

Regards.
    Last edited by 12GAUGE; 10-09-2012 at 03:46 AM.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774