Page 137 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,740 of 2896

Thread: Today's News (related to Media News)

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pakistanitoup View Post
    this is a hedonic treadmill dear. this need of guns and ammo only finishes when gunlover is in the grave.
    I concur dear

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    this is a hedonic treadmill dear. this need of guns and ammo only finishes when gunlover is in the grave.
    Presisely.. Even know i realize that my 16 NPB license estimate was too conservative. i had not vectored in a single semi auto shotgun.. . Ned to add those as well.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    My Dear Brother
    I am unable to point my finger at any such issue with the stated rules by the government. i.e.
    -Asking for finger prints; that's logical and doable.
    -Increasing the minimum required age limit to 25; not a bad idea at all.
    -
    Requirement of a Medical and Psychological/Mental soundness certificate; somewhat tricky on part of Psychological analysis, BUT doable.
    -Limit of 5 Licenses; most of us can live with that.
    -Forfeiting the annual purchase limit on rounds; Excellent proposal.

Thoughts?
    i will agree with u on all points except for the red one ...lolz i think they have taken the idea from MUFTI sahab according to him 4 wives (at a time) so they make it +1 to avoid any complication... unfortunately i cant live with 5 for my whole life.. for that i have to give qurbani of 2 to 3 of them every year i think or may be 5... hahahaha
    well to me this limit thing is disappointing for collectors...
    well if they ask to deposit 2 fired shells for forensic thats ok...
    if they ask for NTN thats ok too..
    computerization of arms dealer record is also a good idea to track the weapon..
    any measures taken for betterment of Law And Order situation is acceptable..
    in my opinion they should issue 5 licences of self defense and for sports and collectors there shouldn't be any limit...
    or it should be like
    5 pistol
    5 revolver
    5 handgun
    5 npb weapon
    5 pumpaction
    5 12 bore
    5 semi auto tube lading shotgun
    5 semi auto mag feeding shotgun
    5 223 rifle
    5 308 rifle
    5 semi auto rifle
    5 bolt action rifle
    5 222 rifle
    5 pb weapons only
    and the list should go on wit etc etc..
    Last edited by zia raza; 15-02-2017 at 01:46 PM.
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    i will agree with u on all points except for the red one ...lolz i think they have taken the idea from MUFTI sahab according to him 4 wives (at a time) so they make it +1 to avoid any complication... unfortunately i cant live with 5 for my whole life.. for that i have to give qurbani of 2 to 3 of them every year i think or may be 5... hahahaha
    well to me this limit thing is disappointing for collectors...
    well if they ask to deposit 2 fired shells for forensic thats ok...
    if they ask for NTN thats ok too..
    computerization of arms dealer record is also a good idea to track the weapon..
    any measures taken for betterment of Law And Order situation is acceptable..
    in my opinion they should issue 5 licences of self defense and for sports and collectors there shouldn't be any limit...
    or it should be like
    5 pistol
    5 revolver
    5 handgun
    5 npb weapon
    5 pumpaction
    5 12 bore
    5 semi auto tube lading shotgun
    5 semi auto mag feeding shotgun
    5 223 rifle
    5 308 rifle
    5 semi auto rifle
    5 bolt action rifle
    5 222 rifle
    5 pb weapons only
    and the list should go on wit etc etc..
    Zia bro you are man after my own heart

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    Zia bro you are man after my own heart
    Anas bin Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, If the son of Adam had a valley full of gold, he would want to have two valleys. Nothing fills his mouth except dust, and Allah will forgive whoever repents to him.
    Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 6075, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1048

An-Nawawi said, A person continues to be greedy for the worldly life until he dies and his stomach is full of the dust of the grave.
    Source: Sharḥ Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 1048

i hope your lists get short after reading this.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by Jibz View Post
    My Dear Brother
    I am unable to point my finger at any such issue with the stated rules by the government. i.e.
    -Asking for finger prints; that's logical and doable.
    -Increasing the minimum required age limit to 25; not a bad idea at all.
    -
    Requirement of a Medical and Psychological/Mental soundness certificate; somewhat tricky on part of Psychological analysis, BUT doable.
    -Limit of 5 Licenses; most of us can live with that.
    -Forfeiting the annual purchase limit on rounds; Excellent proposal.

Thoughts?
    the problems that I see is that government is somehow trying to restrict the access of common man to weapons. I regard keeping a weapon with or without license as my birth right. The problem with psycological test is that it is sort of degrading. the age is also a little too high i would say that it should be reduced to 20. also the number of licenses is very few. So in a way government is forcing people to choose wrong ways to get guns. i agree with fingerprints that is not wrong. However now what is going to happen is that one will need to bribe one more person i.e the doctor to get a license (not the weapon, weapons are easy to get). I am also amazed at what CM sindh said he said weapons should be kept away from common man this means that they can keep commandoes with fully automatic machine guns but we should not and therefore be their slaves.
    BTW i wanted to get a few sniping rifles like remington or POF if they are NPB now i dont know if i could get it

Expert Member
    Anas bin Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “If the son of Adam had a valley full of gold, he would want to have two valleys. Nothing fills his mouth except dust, and Allah will forgive whoever repents to him.”

An-Nawawi said, “A person continues to be greedy for the worldly life until he dies and his stomach is full of the dust of the grave.”

You are drifting the debate to another aspect. The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, had 9 swords in his possession which is way greater than any other worldly items.

Anas bin Malik reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “If the son of Adam had a valley full of gold, he would want to have two valleys. Nothing fills his mouth except dust, and Allah will forgive whoever repents to him.”

An-Nawawi said, “A person continues to be greedy for the worldly life until he dies and his stomach is full of the dust of the grave.”

Which cell phone do u use?
    Which car do u use? How many cars u have?

Btw its not about greed its about ambitiousness...
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    You are drifting the debate to another aspect. The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, had 9 swords in his possession which is way greater than any other worldly items.
    dear i just wanted to share with you guys that there is no end to collecting stuff in this world. it was a general message and was not shared negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by zia raza View Post
    Which cell phone do u use?
    Which car do u use? How many cars u have?

Btw its not about greed its about ambitiousness...
    i just want to say that, there is no end to it. thats all. dont take my message negatively dear. i have/use very basic things. one phone, one bank account, one car and one gun at a time. we have to draw a line in all aspects of our lives.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Expert Member
    dear i just wanted to share with you guys that there is no end to collecting stuff in this world. it was a general message and was not shared negatively.

i just want to say that, there is no end to it. thats all. dont take my message negatively dear. i have/use very basic things. one phone, one bank account, one car and one gun at a time. we have to draw a line in all aspects of our lives.
    Whatever rocks your boat.

Actually After reasing Zia bhai's list. i just realized the sheer wolume of weapons missing from my worksheet. have to add post haste. or before the goverment gets any more 'funny' ideas
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by [COLOR=#333333
    Requirement of a Medical and Psychological/Mental soundness certificate;[/COLOR]
    this will only increase tip money as it has done in driving licenses .. rest are all ok for new licenses ,they should stay away from old ones ,far away seriously and they should also increase the age of driving license to 30 years caz ,drivers are more dangerous than guns :P ,,, respected Ishaq dar sb is already after ppl who have more than few licenses
    Last edited by But why; 18-02-2017 at 06:35 PM.

I also do n ot understand the purpose of not issuiing more than 5 licenses i hope the next government would fix the mess pmln would create
    Quote Originally Posted by But why View Post
    this will only increase tip money as it has done in driving licenses .. rest are all ok for new licenses ,they should stay away from old ones ,far away seriously and they should also increase the age of driving license to 30 years caz ,drivers are more dangerous than guns :P ,,, respected Ishaq dar sb is already after ppl who have more than few licenses

ABU DHABI: A Letter of Understanding (LoU) has been signed between Pakistan Ordnance Factories (POF) and Italian defence company "Beretta" on the second day of the IDEX 2017 at the POF Stall.
    Chairman Pakistan Ordnance Factories Board Lt General Omar Mehmood Hayat and Italian Director sales Beretta Antonio Biondo signed the LoU for the sales of Italian pistols, shotguns and apparel in Pakistan.
    Speaking to Geo News on the occasion, Lt General Hayat informed that the POF and Beretta will cooperate with each other on future business opportunities relating to Beretta products in Pakistan.
    "Joint Marketing and cooperation will be made in order to enhance the export marketing." he further stated.
    Italian Director Sales Beretta Antonio Biondo said that the joint cooperation between Pakistan and Italy in defence sector would go a long way in business relations and bring lucrative business opportunities for both companies.

So the government of Pakistan will act as Beretta's agent, selling Beretta firearms to Pakistani citizens?

I hope the licensing people have been informed...

Name:  0c1cb88e1db4d175278273d370b94714.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  69.9 KB
    Something to lighten things up given such a long ban from the government of punjab on licenses in an attempt to disarm the criminals.
    Secondly I read somewhere on the internet that that all these criminals have their own people making their guns they dont buy from registered owners so this ban on licenses is only hurting good citizens of pakistan all the while making them weak against the criminals and terrorists

Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    So the government of Pakistan will act as Beretta's agent, selling Beretta firearms to Pakistani citizens?

I hope the licensing people have been informed...
    Htat is what we hope for as well. unless its strictly for the military..

The latest about the recently announced anti terror op RAF is one of its primary objective is on de-weaponisation. Now i seriously hope it will be aimed at the illicit and illegal variety. However still be warned!

Quote Originally Posted by Ali D View Post
    The latest about the recently announced anti terror op RAF is one of its primary objective is on de-weaponisation. Now i seriously hope it will be aimed at the illicit and illegal variety. However still be warned!
    if they give us armed security they can take our legal firearms. no issues. if they cannot than they need to shutup at once
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Quote Originally Posted by Ali D View Post
    The biggest issue with our forces is that they fail to realize that properly trained and armed citizens are like the second line of defense at the moment....They are just going to make the acquisition or arms more difficult..
    "There are no dangerous weapons. There are only dangerous men."