Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pheasent Hunting

Pheasent Hunting

Any Body Knows about Pheasant Hunting, Season, ? pheasant are in Pakistan , which choke are best for hunting Pheasent ....

Name:  CommonPheasant.jpg
Views: 1568
Size:  101.9 KB

Please avoid hunting these birds at all costs because they are left in a very few numbers and if you are really interested in pheasant hunting than go to south dakota or somewhere else if you can pay the price and please let these creatures grow in pakistan.By the way the picture you posted is of a RING KNECK pheasant which does not lives locally , the most found in pakistan is GREEN SHADED or UMBERELLA TAILED PHEASANT just for your knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by treble View Post
    Please avoid hunting these birds at all costs because they are left in a very few numbers and if you are really interested in pheasant hunting than go to south dakota or somewhere else if you can pay the price and please let these creatures grow in pakistan.By the way the picture you posted is of a RING KNECK pheasant which does not lives locally , the most found in pakistan is GREEN SHADED or UMBERELLA TAILED PHEASANT just for your knowledge

how could they survive ?
    Last edited by Naveed_pk; 06-09-2012 at 12:31 PM.

What a shame.....
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful birds Mashallah; does wildlife dept. issue permits to hunts these to keep a check on their population? or its just another specie that our kids n grand kids will just see in pictures?
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Member Extraordinaire Birdshooter007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by under_world View Post
    Any Body Knows about Pheasant Hunting, Season, ? pheasant are in Pakistan , which choke are best for hunting Pheasent ....
    As said by Treble, Ringneck/Common pheasants are not native to our region but some pen raised birds are available for hefty price tags every now and then (Game reserves in Sindh, private ranches, and by Punjab Wildlife Deptt.) They aren't fun shooting.

Koklaas, Monal, Kaleej, Tragopan etc are available the hills/mountains of northern Pakistan and getting rarer day by day thanks to POACHERS and habitat destruction. Over 90% of these birds are shot illegal I assume, and some heartless predators with guns shoot them while the birds are roosting wiping out more than they can reproduce.

There are hunting groups on FB formed locally, swarming with pictures of these beautiful creatures gunned down, not even females are spared for reproduction.

all these types of pheasants are in the sorroundings of my village i will not disclose the location and i never allow any type of hunters hunt these birds . If we help preserve these creatures then we might get increased pheasant population and then we shall do hunting,not like this in the above pics

Blog Entries
    Dont ever disclose the location bro good for pheasants life but please post some pictures of them in wild; would love see these living in natural habitat than dead one's beside cruel gun slinging shikarees.
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Blog Entries
    they are beautiful birds, many peoples keep them , ring neck and golden are common.I know a very lovely person who has these birds, will not tell his name otherwise he will travel from Peshawar having Niswar in, and shoot me.
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux

Quote Originally Posted by Topak View Post
    they are beautiful birds, many peoples keep them , ring neck and golden are common.I know a very lovely person who has these birds, will not tell his name otherwise he will travel from Peshawar having Niswar in, and shoot me.
    Ka_Khan?

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Beautiful birds Mashallah; does wildlife dept. issue permits to hunts these to keep a check on their population? or its just another specie that our kids n grand kids will just see in pictures?
    Denovo Br. These are Monal pheasant Or in Local Murgh e Zareen. A beautiful bird.of Pakistan.Wild life Department doesn't issue permit. You can just hunt with your own arrangements. This bird Found High Altitude In northern and some part of Azad Kashmir.
    HUNTING is not just something i do. It is part of who i am.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauhdary View Post
    As said by Treble, Ringneck/Common pheasants are not native to our region but some pen raised birds are available for hefty price tags every now and then (Game reserves in Sindh, private ranches, and by Punjab Wildlife Deptt.) They aren't fun shooting.

Koklaas, Monal, Kaleej, Tragopan etc are available the hills/mountains of northern Pakistan and getting rarer day by day thanks to POACHERS and habitat destruction. Over 90% of these birds are shot illegal I assume, and some heartless predators with guns shoot them while the birds are roosting wiping out more than they can reproduce.

There are hunting groups on FB formed locally, swarming with pictures of these beautiful creatures gunned down, not even females are spared for reproduction.

Agree with you Dear. But Here in Pakistan No body Caring Rules. Just Everybody doing hunting in his own way when he got or produce some chances.
    HUNTING is not just something i do. It is part of who i am.

Quote Originally Posted by Chauhdary View Post
    Ka_Khan?
    Jee Chouhdary Jee you asked for me
    Of all the pheasants Ring Neck are the most common house kept birds.They survive and breed well.If the eggs are incubated they grow fast.There is a difference between fanciers and hunters.Fancier will have a pair for years and will multiply the birds while illegal hunting will shoot hundreds in a day.There is a Govt as well as private pheasantry in Mansehra dist of Abbottabad where they are breeding pheasants.The release them in Northern areas as well sell the surplus.
    Recently i got 4 pheasant chicks which were incubated.The were around 10 days and now they are 4 months old and turned out to be females.I am hopeful that next year chicks from them will increase the Pheasant population of Pakistan
    By the way how are your Pheasant chicks growing Chauhdary Sahib
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

only 2 are left out of then 4. the common ringneck has been changing its feathers nearly 1/4 are new feathers. the smaller green ringneck is also growing some new green feathers.
    THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY

The female common/ringneck pheasant was killed by the male ringneck.
    The green pheasants both were males. A cat took one so only one of them is left.
    Now I have a male ringneck and a male green ringneck.
    The common ringneck has grown quite a bit and is rapidly getting into original colors, while the green one (got beaten up by him yesterday) is still comparatively smaller and in chick colors.

The common ringneck male is vicious (killed the female, injured the other) and attacks your hand at feeding times.

Last edited by Birdshooter007; 24-08-2012 at 12:55 PM.

its a beautiful bird, we must avoid the hunting and praise them as a beauty of nature.
    Don't forget your great guns, which are the most respectable arguments of the rights of kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Dont ever disclose the location bro good for pheasants life but please post some pictures of them in wild; would love see these living in natural habitat than dead one's beside cruel gun slinging shikarees.
    D87.......come to me and I will show you the maximum species....except few ones like tragopan and monal......
    Don't take my KINDNESS as a sign of WEAKNESS!

@s,cheema get us some pics.
    @Chaudhary how old are the birds?Cannibalism is common in pheasants and they kill each other.Add vitamins in their diet and what feed are you giving them?
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Quote Originally Posted by Ka_Khan View Post
    @s,cheema get us some pics.
    @Chaudhary how old are the birds?Cannibalism is common in pheasants and they kill each other.Add vitamins in their diet and what feed are you giving them?
    s.cheema is talking about my pheasants
    I have no idea of age!!! I'm feeding them a mixture of grains from the local mill, some 7-8 types.