Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rubber Shot Shells Available

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    I dont have his number. However I am due there tomorrow...
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

on my last visit to karachi , i was gifted some rubber shot shells / baton shells and a pack of " shooters brand SG sized rubber shot gun shells" by brother E.D, many thanks to him . since my return i was thinking to test them but couldnt due to hectic schedule . To day morning , while i was looking for some thing , these rounds just popped before me and i couldnt resist the temptation to test fire them , even such experiment is limited to a single shot , so just an hour ago , i took each round from both of these verities and thought to fire them in my Baikal mp 153 but afterwards decided to use the turkish double barrel SxS of my brother. here are the results . but first the disclaimer
    these results are just for information purpose as i am no scientist or ballistic expert . any body inferring any result would be responsible for his own act or consequences. the use of any thing related to fire arms can be lethal and give un-expected results so i dont take any responsibility of any others act

these are the results of impacts of plastic pellets on the wall . i fired at an empty plastic bottle of a soft-drink from the distance of hardly 5 to 7 meters . it was a plenty close range and i thought these pellets to be more powerful than a single rubber slug fixed in a shaheen cartridge but the result was vice-versa . the rubber pellets were even not powerful enough to penetrate the bottle and the just inflicted a " DIMPLE" on it

the dimple on plastic bottle

the results of fire of the rubber slug on the same bottle and cement plastered wall were different . in this pic the big scar shows the impact of rubber slug on the wall while the small dots are the signs of impacts of rubber pellets fired before the slug

this shows the impact or rather just touch of the slug to the bottle with an angle , but even that touch peeled off a big bit of the body from the plastic bottle

an other angle

bottle with teared apart plastic

the bottle and peeled plaster. The deeper and large scar depict the impact of rubber slug. While the smaller and shallow scars are the points of impacts / results of the rubber SG pellets
    Last edited by zainulabdeen; 25-09-2012 at 11:44 PM.

the results show that the rubber slug is lethal, it can kill any living thing

Hmm thanks for the info.. Even if it does not penetrate.. it will give severe blunt force trauma.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

r these available in multan or lahore also ?

Anybody know about the availability of rubber shot shells in Karachi nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper10 View Post
    Anybody know about the availability of rubber shot shells in Karachi nowadays?
    Ye good ole Mehmood Khaki bhai at Famous arms. last I went to him he had a few boxes of those rubber baton slug shells available. I bought them all.

Badar and brothers (Adnan peshawar wala) stocks the rubber SG loads. I bought a few boxes off him as well. Prices were around 55 a pop if I recollect correctly (Give or take a few rupees). Both dealers are at lucky star.

Big thanks, will pay a visit this coming week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper10 View Post
    Big thanks, will pay a visit this coming week.
    Do let me know if you find em. I might stock up as well.

Just got a chance to visit lucky star. Went to Badar and Brothers and they had the Shooter brand rubber shells with the red pellets inside them. And then visited Famous Arms who were claiming to have Shaheen SG shells with the rubber tip. Did not buy them as yet because my license is gone to HD for weapon registration. Which one do you recommend in terms of quality and sound? Attaching a picture of what I saw at Famous Arms.

Name:  ss_11zon.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  84.2 KB

Sniper 10 bro. The Rubber slug is deadly. It can break a bone or two. The red plastic SG shells at Badar and Brothers are not as effective because they dont hurt as much, However they cycle reliably. The rubber slug is not that good when it comes to cycling because it protrudes from the top. But it is far more effective.

Me, I have a few boxes of both. And I will get more. One can never have enough non lethals. Because they dont last long in the market, unlike lethal shells.

Recoil wise. They both dont have the kick that one would expect from a shotgun. Ditto for sound. Its certainly there. But not the ringing blast of a double naught buck load.