Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Firing Ranges in Islamabad and Rawalpindi

Blog Entries
    Thanks Ka_Khan, but 7mm has gone to sleep so far! And by the way, spare me that cup of tea, let them have it alone, while you test the strength of their sandbags!!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

@Ak 47 if you live near could you get the info for us?
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Blog Entries
    Ka_Khan, 7mm gave us details of skeet. As far as pistol-shooting is concerned, give me tomorrow, and I will get some info by friday. They should have it, but I have never heard about it. Skeet is for sure. What you're most interested in, skeet or handgun shooting?
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Both are fine...take your time and let us know about their membership procedure.

Blog Entries
    Uptil few months ago, I used to drive past their club, almost daily, its close to their Golf-club. Then, after the blast here, all roads to the club suddenly got closed and heavily patrolled and still are. Walls have been erected, barricades set up, electronic surveillance installed and I don't know what more, but security is at top here. Every vehicle is closely checked, and at times it is painstakingly time-consuming driving within our city, being checked 2-3 times in a span of some 10kms! However, for members there sure must be exceptions, and I will check from the club, earliest possible. Will be back on this.

Banned
    Is it OK to travel with a licensed weapon in ISD?

Blog Entries
    With concealed carry, its o.k. Personally, I haven't ever encountered any problems ever, despite the apparent bulge on the side, and I have moved around in courts, DCO offices, etc. But of course, you can't expect not to be questioned ever, when moving around with heavy caliber rifles, regardless of licence. Even in cars, you can't be sure they won't ask you, noting a bigger thing on the seats!

Banned
    Do you have to have a carry permit or just a license would do?

Blog Entries
    This has been discussed before, and I think we came to the concensus that permits are only required during activation of section 144. It would be absurd, if you needed a permit to carry the licence and the gun entered on that licence!

Blog Entries
    Ka_Khan Sir... Coincidentally happened to meet the Captain of Range of Wah Skeet Club. He was a very nice fellow, I happened to encounter with at the P.O.F industries today, while I was there for some other query. A very nice Gentleman. During the chat, I got the info I was looking for. Yes, they do have pistol-firing facilities, apart from skeet-shooting. Great, indeed, that's what I had been hoping for! Now, as far as admission fee, monthly fees and cost of ammo is concerned, 7mm reported very accurately. 10000 for membership, a lifetime deposit, and 200, as I recollect, in monthly fee. Ammo prices as 7mm wrote. The captain offered me a visit to the site on saturday, and I will be going there, Inshallah, to get my personal first hand impression of the club and range. Will report back on Saturday. Wish 7mm could contact me via pm, so we could go together, as he is already a member. As far as membership procedures are concerned, I will be back on this after my visit. If you guys want me to look out for something specific during my visit, let me know before.

Blog Entries
    +1 Ak47

Dear Ak 47
    Things are getting streamline after your active participation.i just got 5 question and u may plz do ask from gun club authorities.

1.if i dont have my own weapon,can i use theirs shooting weapons?
    2.if i got my own weapon can i use in the firing range?
    3.plz mention complete address and exact location of Shaheen Gun Club.
    4.what about the forms,can we download it or a personal visit is required to get the form.?
    5.Can female shooters join that club.?

Good Day!!!
    \"main nay roka bhee nahee,aur woh tehra bhee nahee\"

Great job Ak....It will be really helpful for Peshawar and Islamabad members.
    It will be better to write down the questions and get the answers.You have the m1carbine's questions....they will satisfy us.
    There system of getting members is important.Do they have like Karachi's Karsaz (involving police and other intelligence agencies) or something else?
    My suggestion you better become their member it will be helpful for others.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ka_Khan
    Great job Ak....It will be really helpful for Peshawar and Islamabad members.
    It will be better to write down the questions and get the answers.You have the m1carbine's questions....they will satisfy us.
    There system of getting members is important.Do they have like Karachi's Karsaz (involving police and other intelligence agencies) or something else?
    My suggestion you better become their member it will be helpful for others.
    One thing is for sure, K_Khan, my membership application! However, the latter part of your post regarding membership criteria worries me too, coz this is a hot spot area, with top-notched security concern and the Shaheen club and firing range is situated in most sensitive surroundings, the roads to which have already been closed for general public and non-related entitities. We used to drive in and out of these roads, where they have other facilities as well, like the welfare club, swimming pools, tennis and squash courts, as well as the golf-club. However, there are two points, which cause me optimism: 1) 7mm wrote that he could help with memberships, thus there must be some provisions and exceptions for non-army personnel.2) The Captain of the range, during our chat, told me they already do have some members coming all the way from Islamabad and even Lahore. Who are these guys? Army personnel would not move this far for shooting facilities, they would have their own in their respective cities. However, lets see, how things unfold. Another thing that's for sure, if they don't allow us memberships, I will introduce the Captain and members over there to Pakguns.com! They are always welcome here!

Yes...Captaan Saab is wellcome here.We will trade his forum membership with the range membership.
    I think you are right about civilian membership thing that people coming from Lahore and Islamabad.I am surprised that while living in that area you never thought about getting membership.

Blog Entries
    I was abroad all my life. Wah area and the nearby is my ancestral area, but I have only been here in Pakistan on permanent basis since last 8-9 years, and I had heard about the club, but only that they had Skeet-shooting, and that I was not interested in so much, coz as long as I was into hunting, and that was as long as my father was alive, we normally went for hunting with falcons only, rarely shotguns. That's why I never bothered to inquire about the club. It surprised me today, that they have handgun-shooting facilities as well, a great relief, I usually would go to my village for shooting my guns, now there is a facility, only 5 min away!

sorry guys, i was in lahore for busines tour, i will give all information which you guys need.

1) Shaheen gun club have .22 rifle and .22 pistol range.(but we also use 9mm pistol )
    2) THey have weapans for V I P Gusts( not for members)
    3) Get the form from shaheen gun club fill it. test from your local S H O. and signed by two gun club members.( here i can help you guys).
    procedure to get in club

Pindi / islamabad guys come to gate No 1 deposit your Driving licence or ID card or car documentds and get the slip.But driving licence will must check on gate. on second berier have to show same slip. on third berier near to gun clup they will check member ship card issued by shaheen gun clup. if you are new you can call to gun clup from your mobile they will help you. Here is the information about contact person,
    shaheen gun clup pn no 051-9314101-20 /EXT 23205
    Captain of Range Mr Nasir Khan Mobile No,0331-5530669

I hoped you guys will enjoyed here for shooting and for its seens.

see you tomarrow at gun clup at 4 pm

if we dont have driving license,shall we not allowed to cross the gate?

*car documents--- YEs

*NIC ---- Yes

Car driving License---- No

means that we cant enter.plz correct me if i am wrong??
    \"main nay roka bhee nahee,aur woh tehra bhee nahee\"

Thanks a lot 7mm.....I think our member Ak will soon be visiting.

Blog Entries
    7mm, thanks a lot for cooperating with us! You can help us with membership registrations, can we help you with filling out the boxes to become member over here at Pakguns? Wanted to pm you prior to my visit over there, but you must be a member first to recive my pm. Its a very simple process, just a few clicks, proceed to it now, plz!