Thread: How to take apart (disassemble) this Norinco 9mm Pistol? (pics inside)

How to take apart (disassemble) this Norinco 9mm Pistol? (pics inside)

My father had this gun. Almost 3 years ago he passed away. A couple of days ago i was cleaning some of the cupboards and i found this gun, i guess over the time i had completely forgotten about this gun. It had gotten rusty and a bit patchy in this time.
    It says "Made in China by Norinco" and also says "type 54". The thing is i don't know 1st thing about hand guns (except maybe loading and pulling the trigger) and i wanna clean this gun but don't know how to take it apart piece by piece.

I came across these forums after searching google with term "how to clean 9mm handgun" and came across this forum and found a very useful thread about cleaning guns however there on the forums i also found out "you need to disassemble it in order to clean it".

Pictures are included and any reply would be very much helpful and may i say this is a great website. People really know alot about fire-arms and stuff in Pakistan.

Pics
    Name:  DSC_0020.jpg
Views: 8478
Size:  58.5 KB2Name:  DSC_0023.jpg
Views: 1998
Size:  55.2 KB

Enlarged Images.

http://i46.tinypic.com/312jqlj.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/312jqlj.jpg
    Last edited by dantè; 18-07-2012 at 05:22 PM.

@dantè
    Dont worry bro. it is TT pistol and there are so many experts in this forum, they will help you out in this regard.
    But rust removal will need special attention and efforts.
    Word of caution, since you dont know much about guns, please make sure that the gun is empty all the time

Thanks for reply. This is going to be sound stupid but
    is there a difference b/w 9mm and TT Pistol?

And yes, i agree safety 1st and i'll keep that in mind

Expert Member
    br Dante to strip it off is very easy.first of all get lock free and out of the gun,pull the slide forward ,when slide is free, with caution get ur spring out ,this is sufficient for u,then apply WD40 oil on its surface keep it in sunshine for an hour,aft this clean and dry ur gun reload spring apply gn oil,insert lock again and apply lock safety over lock,ur gun will be ready to fire,this is a nice low level imported gun,which is a work horse,and is very popular in our part of the world

Does it say 9mm on it? It looks like a regular 30 bore i.e. 7.62mm caliber.
    See if this and related videos help. You may want to get someone who knows guns to be with you to help lest you lose or damage a part.
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." (General Douglas MacArthur)

welcome to the pakguns and
    here you go

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    here you go

++++++11111
    It is always man behind the machine

Welcome to pakguns dante bro,
    as i am also not very experienced but one thing came in my mind, is your weapon licensed or unlicensed??? As you mentioned you found it unintentially while cleaning your cupboard, and it belongs to your late father (may god rest his soul in peace). If it is unlicensed plz do not show it to anyone or dont take it to market else you will involve yourself in a big trouble. And if it is licensed you have to transfer the license to your name first.
    Don't forget your great guns, which are the most respectable arguments of the rights of kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Afzaal View Post
    here you go

Very nicely explained.. Thanx for sharing bro!
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. – The Dalai Lama

A huge thanks to all people who replied to this thread. Wow! very supportive community. thanks.
    @Sadat sb, @Mr Cap1 @Afzaal sb and @bilal sb & @shoaib sb, thank you all for sharing and recommending the information. The videos links by Mr Cap1 and Afzaal sahab are enough for a beginner to get started and were really helpful so very special thanks for that. It worked perfectly i disassembled and then reassembled correctly ALTHOUGH reassebly was a bit tough BUT it worked okay. And now i need to get some necessary material regarding gun cleansing. So, i will read the "Gun cleaning" thread carefully. If i can recall the only thing at the moment i have is WD40 but as i remember the maker of "the thread" didn't recommened it in his thread even though he mentioned it (along with pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by chohan View Post
    Welcome to pakguns dante bro,
    as i am also not very experienced but one thing came in my mind, is your weapon licensed or unlicensed??? As you mentioned you found it unintentially while cleaning your cupboard, and it belongs to your late father (may god rest his soul in peace). If it is unlicensed plz do not show it to anyone or dont take it to market else you will involve yourself in a big trouble. And if it is licensed you have to transfer the license to your name first.

Thank you very much Sir Chohan for showing your concern and for your condolence. It is definitely licensed. Although i don't know at the moment where the license is. It's an old-styled license (small copy) with red cover. I know its safe because along with it is also my Father's driving license and some other documents. BUT again its somewhere in our house and i need to search it.

I will definitely proceed with caution. Thanks for the advice Sir.