Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Canik55 TP-9 Quick Review

@Ahnab I read your review and we also discussed the gun at length. I really like the ergos of the TP9 and the decocker is a big plus over the Caracal.
    However, between the two, the Caracal is more proven and Canik have yet to establish themselves in anything other than Cz75 clones. Plus I like the grip and pointability of the Caracal.
    I really want to sing praises for the Canik and I just might buy the Canik to spite all them Caracal lovers (how much poor li'l ol me buying a Canik bugs em depends on how sensitive they are)
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rmishaq View Post
    @Ahnab I read your review and we also discussed the gun at length. I really like the ergos of the TP9 and the decocker is a big plus over the Caracal.
    However, between the two, the Caracal is more proven and Canik have yet to establish themselves in anything other than Cz75 clones. Plus I like the grip and pointability of the Caracal.
    I really want to sing praises for the Canik and I just might buy the Canik to spite all them Caracal lovers (how much poor li'l ol me buying a Canik bugs em depends on how sensitive they are)
    Ok, first off, pray tell how is the Caracal a proven name? I thought, as far as firearms are concerned, a gun truly proves itself on a battlefield (in the hands of a soldier) or in a stressful urban situation (in the case of LEA's). NATO and whatnot tests may be good PR, but for a firearm, it is unproven unless and until it has had it's baptism of fire. BOTH, the TP-9 and the Caracal, are completely unproven. The ONLY proof we have are peoples' opinions and range tests conducted under optimal conditions.

Anywho, I'm not gonna tell you what to buy and what not to. What ultimately matters is your comfort level with the gun you purchase. Be it the TP-9 or the Caracal, it really doesn't matter what the brand is as long as you're happy with what you've bought.
    In vestri nomen Imperator Invictus!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnab View Post
    Ok, first off, pray tell how is the Caracal a proven name? I thought, as far as firearms are concerned, a gun truly proves itself on a battlefield (in the hands of a soldier) or in a stressful urban situation (in the case of LEA's). NATO and whatnot tests may be good PR, but for a firearm, it is unproven unless and until it has had it's baptism of fire. BOTH, the TP-9 and the Caracal, are completely unproven. The ONLY proof we have are peoples' opinions and range tests conducted under optimal conditions.

Anywho, I'm not gonna tell you what to buy and what not to. What ultimately matters is your comfort level with the gun you purchase. Be it the TP-9 or the Caracal, it really doesn't matter what the brand is as long as you're happy with what you've bought.
    Or the originals they are derived from
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Denovo87 View Post
    Or the originals they are derived from
    Sooo......in terms of originals, that means the WALTHER P99 AS!?

Blog Entries
    Cleaned thread a bit (or a lot ?) off irrelevant posts, will request respectable members to keep their composure & respect others point of view. Having a good gun doesnot give anyone a right to ridicule others for not having one. More over being firearms enthusiasts we love everything that goes bang; I personally take ragging any gun to this extent as a blasphemy
    Last edited by Denovo87; 25-07-2012 at 07:29 PM.

Aaah Deny Bhai! Just when things were getting interesting! Just kidding, but you're right, there's been way too much fireworks for comfort. Lets save some ammo for late skirmishes!

Wha!!?? My hard thought posts... Gone!!??

Anyway..back to topic.

Rechecked the Canik today in terms of a carry. Didn't have much time coz the people were in some sort of hurry ... God knows where they wanted to go at 6:30 in the evening ...

Really nice sights and a good pointer. The trigger surprisingly does not seem very spongy for a polymer DA/SA. My experience with Taurus and to some extent even the USP was that I didn't quite like the trigger (love the USP though). The DA pull feels a little less 10lbs. SA is nice and should be about 2.5-3.

I have mixed feelings about the weight; I don't know if anyone would understand but ... It's a little light. I know..I know...good for CC and all but it's just that I can't seem to get a handle on the balance of the gun. Maybe I needed to play with it a bit more.

All in all...the TP9 is beginning to look really interesting and I am reeeeaallllyyy close to getting it. I wonder if I can get it at 55k if I don't buy the holsters and stuff :/!?

@rmishaq.. spent 5k on fuel to visit pesh... n u got ur gun for 55k along with all access....

Quote Originally Posted by Khan381 View Post
    @rmishaq.. spent 5k on fuel to visit pesh... n u got ur gun for 55k along with all access....
    Thank you Khan bro. The thought did cross my mind but it's just too far to go and, more importantly, I'm returning an under performing gun so the dealer (unless he agrees to return cash which is unlikely) may need to be the same.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Khan381 View Post
    I dont think its a good idea to go to Peshawar on motorbike during monsoon n in the month of Ramazan

I dont think its a good idea to go to Peshawar on motorbike during monsoon n in the month of Ramazan
    ....especially when one doesn't know how to ride a motorbike

Deny bhai jan... 5k is for the Car... 3cylinder for going.. n 3 for returning back ..

Quote Originally Posted by rmishaq View Post
    Thank you Khan bro. The thought did cross my mind but it's just too far to go and, more importantly, I'm returning an under performing gun so the dealer (unless he agrees to return cash which is unlikely) may need to be the same.
    u r welcome...

@Denovo87 --> I truly appreciate the steps you have taken. Thanks.

@TH78 --> No hard feelings bro. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by polyglot80 View Post
    @Denovo87 --> I truly appreciate the steps you have taken. Thanks.

@TH78 --> No hard feelings bro. Thanks.
    None taken bro...

wasnt sunday, when we were supposed to get the range review of TP9?!?!?!? helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooo....................

We were supposed to do an accuracy test and a range review of he TP-9. Even Bilal, Umar Butt and Irfan Shaukat had agreed to be our expert and impartial panel which would conduct the test & review. Unfortunately, Asifkhan762 (whose TP-9 was supposed to be used for the test) was AWOL, so basically nothing happened. We're hoping to get it done next Sunday (fingers crossed).

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnab View Post
    We were supposed to do an accuracy test and a range review of he TP-9. Even Bilal, Umar Butt and Irfan Shaukat had agreed to be our expert and impartial panel which would conduct the test & review. Unfortunately, Asifkhan762 (whose TP-9 was supposed to be used for the test) was AWOL, so basically nothing happened. We're hoping to get it done next Sunday (fingers crossed).
    Ahnab, have you clarified AsifKhan762, that you guy are not going to conduct a torture test on his TP-9.

Convince him once again that you guys will fire only 10 rounds max by each expert. 3 experts in total means only 30 rounds.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot80 View Post
    Ahnab, have you clarified AsifKhan762, that you guy are not going to conduct a torture test on his TP-9.

Convince him once again that you guys will fire only 10 rounds max by each expert. 3 experts in total means only 30 rounds.
    LOLS if the poor chap thinks U are going to do a caracal like review here.. No wonder he never showed up!!!
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    LOLS if the poor chap thinks U are going to do a caracal like review here.. No wonder he never showed up!!!
    Exactly ED.