Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanuni S or Canik55 Piranha-F

Kanuni S or Canik55 Piranha-F

Respected PG Members,

Recently i am into getting my first Turkish handgun. After self-calculation i have shortlisted 2 handguns and both are sub-50K category. The budget is strictly limited to 50K and preferably to 45K. I have already excluded out CF-98 and M-57/M-54. I am not aware of availability of NZ-85 or any other options in this budget. Your valuable suggestions are awaited. My views about the 2 short-listed handguns are

Kanuni S: Decent size, decocker (its a must for a guy like me who chambers the round), better finish than Piranha. Already in service with Turkish Military Units.

Piranha-F: Good company at the range, better shooter at night (so called tritium sights), CZ-75 copy.

regards
    Last edited by Ameer; 18-06-2012 at 10:38 PM.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

ameer bro my 2 cent go for canik its a time tested weapon and as u r based in isb i think you should buy it frm pshwr (if u have an moi) i have seen it there @ 44k

The sights on the Canik are nothing much to write home about. That being said, I found the Canik to be a more comfortable gun and more accurate than the Kanooni (I've fired only a couple of rounds from the Kanooni so my opinion on it may be presumptive).
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!

Both guns are available at 44K in Peshawar.

Quote Originally Posted by Ameer View Post
    Both guns are available at 44K in Peshawar.
    I think Canik is a better choice. I not good then why did chief bought it and recommends it. But beware it's accuracy is only good till 15M. That might be because its barrel is not cold hammer forged.

Actually, the barrel IS cold-hammer forged; ALL Canik55 barrels are manufactured by MKEK and are cold-hammered. Also, the effective range is 100 meters (+/- 10m) and the effective dead-on accuracy range is atleast 25 meters.
    In vestri nomen Imperator Invictus!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahnab View Post
    Actually, the barrel IS cold-hammer forged; ALL Canik55 barrels are manufactured by MKEK and are cold-hammered. Also, the effective range is 100 meters (+/- 10m) and the effective dead-on accuracy range is atleast 25 meters.
    Sorry to disagree with you again bro. Canik people also say their new model TP9 also has 100M effective range. But saying and happening is two different things. The Chief many times mentioned in different threads that its accuracy is effective at 15M at 25M its not so good. You can see it for your self.

I believe that mostly semi-auto pistols are effective till 50m. Accuracy distance must depends upon the factory accuracy zeroing at a certain distance plus other morphological factors (barrel length n sight radius).

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger_happy78 View Post
    I think Canik is a better choice. I not good then why did chief bought it and recommends it. But beware it's accuracy is only good till 15M. That might be because its barrel is not cold hammer forged.
    When ever i feel like to go for Canik55, this "no-decocker" element gets on me. Otherwise its an excellent range weapon, as already suggested by Chief on number of occasions.

Can this Piranha-F be a substitute for any other handgun at 15M only??? If so, its damn value for money.

I believe that mostly semi-auto pistols are effective till 50m. Accuracy distance must depends upon the factory accuracy zeroing at a certain distance plus other morphological factors (barrel length n sight radius).
    Very true. I think all handguns, irrespective of design, make or model, are inherently inefficient firearms. For example, in rifles you have a (approximately) 4 kg weapon with a 3 pound trigger. In handguns, you have a (approximately) 1 kg weapon with a 4 pound trigger. The trigger, in handguns, is "heavier than" or "equal to" the gun itself. Hence, an ordinary handgun, by design, is defensive in nature and isn't normally supposed to be used beyond 25-35 meters at best.

When ever i feel like to go for Canik55, this "no-decocker" element gets on me. Otherwise its an excellent range weapon, as already suggested by Chief on number of occasions.

Can this Piranha-F be a substitute for any other handgun at 15M only??? If so, its damn value for money.
    The lack of a decocker also bothered me initially when I bought the Piranha. My Piranha was my very first firearm, and as such I wanted it to have as many safety features as possible. But over time I've realized that everything else about the gun simple more than makes up for the absence of a decocker.

The Piranha is dead accurate upto 25 meters; I myself have seen some senior shooters here at the LRC shoot groups at 25 meters which I can't even dream of at 15 meters! If you're looking for an excellent budget range pistol, you can't get anything better than the Piranha here in Pakistan.

On a side note, I met Moeen bro a few of weeks back and we got to talking about the Piranha. In his opinion (and I rate his opinion very highly), considering the performance and build quality of the Piranha, the gun should cost as much as 85K! I seriously doubt there's anything out there than can match the Piranha's "value for money".

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    If you feel that a decocker is neccessery then by all means DONT compromise on it. I saw used Kanuni in Karachi (42k) I loved its safety/ decocker. In fact I compared it side by side with an NIB Cf 98's control lever..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Yes bro, with guns like CZ999 and Baikal Viking MP446. Which is a very accurate and durable gun, if you can compromise on the finish of the slide.

The lack of a decocker also bothered me initially when I bought the Piranha. My Piranha was my very first firearm, and as such I wanted it to have as many safety features as possible. But over time I've realized that everything else about the gun simple more than makes up for the absence of a decocker.

The Piranha is dead accurate upto 25 meters; I myself have seen some senior shooters here at the LRC shoot groups at 25 meters which I can't even dream of at 15 meters! If you're looking for an excellent budget range pistol, you can't get anything better than the Piranha here in Pakistan.

On a side note, I met Moeen bro a few of weeks back and we got to talking about the Piranha. In his opinion (and I rate his opinion very highly), considering the performance and build quality of the Piranha, the gun should cost as much as 85K! I seriously doubt there's anything out there than can match the Piranha's "value for money".
    Oh please Ahnab bro. No body will even look at this gun if the price difference of Piranha(clone) and CZ75(orignal) is just 10-15k. The only reason this gun is sold here is of people who like cz75 but can't/won't buy Cz75.

I think the debate on Canik or most other handguns being accurate beyond 15-25 meters is a bit of a moot point. Barrel length and skill should come into play at some point.
    That being said, the Parinha is fairly decent at 25 for me even with my limited skill.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!

Very true. I think all handguns, irrespective of design, make or model, are inherently inefficient firearms. For example, in rifles you have a (approximately) 4 kg weapon with a 3 pound trigger. In handguns, you have a (approximately) 1 kg weapon with a 4 pound trigger. The trigger, in handguns, is "heavier than" or "equal to" the gun itself. Hence, an ordinary handgun, by design, is defensive in nature and isn't normally supposed to be used beyond 25-35 meters at best.
    Nice explanation of the defensive nature of Handguns
    In peace, sons bury their fathers; in war, fathers bury their sons..

Oh please Ahnab bro. No body will even look at this gun if the price difference of Piranha(clone) and CZ75(orignal) is just 10-15k. The only reason this gun is sold here is of people who like cz75 but can't/won't buy Cz75.
    Agreed.
    If cz available in 70k range, nobody will touch anyother handgun like canik, sarsilmaz, cougar, scorpion, taurus

Also agreed, in reliability viking and scorpion are on top. Made for tough
    “The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed”. ((Alexander))

Blog Entries
    Canik55 is accurate than kanuni S. i have kanuni S, its good reliable pistol, the decocker is plus point.i have never checked it with live round,but many times checked the pencil test, decocker works. if you are concerned about safety while chambered, go for Kanuni S, if need more accuracy then Canik55 is the solution.
    La Fortune Sourit aux Audacieux

HAHAHAHA!!!!!! Bro, the same can be said about the Caracal; nobody would touch it with a 10-foot pole if the Glock/M9/XDM were priced at 75-80K!

The big economic difference between the between the Canik and the Caracal is that I can go from the Canik to the CZ75B by adding an extra 30-35K at the most, while to go from a Caracal to a Glock/M9/XDM I'd have to sell my damn car!

THIS particular thread is about comparing the Kanuni-S and the Piranha-F, so let's just all be civil and stick to that.

@Ahnab n others respected PG Members,

Both guns are good all-rounders but I have concluded til now that if i am inclined towards SD then i should get Kanuni S and if Range session is the factor then i go for Piranha-F. All most all members collectively defined Piranha-F as an excellent range handgun, notably by Abbas Bhai n Moeen Bhai.

I dont know the price of Kanuni S at LAHORE but it was 52K at Pindi, but i found it at 44K here in Peshawar which is a also a plus point for Kanuni S. Piranha-F is uniformly available at 44-45k everywhere in Pakistan.