Page 2 of 167 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The CARACAL Club !

This would be a very useful thread. Most of the members were looking for information about CARACAL who will benefit a lot.
    +1 for AK47

Thank you for this initiative AK47. I'm interested in the Caracal as a carry weapon but couldn't decide between the F and the C. The F also has a decent size for me but the sights were a question mark. I notice on your picture that the front sight looks something like a Fiber Optic sight. I would appreciate if you could shed some light on this. I don't have any concerns with the straight-8 but I would like to know how the sights work in low visibility.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!

Blog Entries
    Thank you Asif, Mishaq bros. If we look around the forum, there's a dozen or so of threads on Caracal, with a couple of posts only and then abandoned. A spot was needed.

Anyhow, Mishaq bro, yes, it is fibre optics. But it cannot assist anything in total dark, though it's a bit better than traditional sights in low light conditions, as long as it's getting some source of light.

Let me just state, fibre optics front sights are not available here in Pakistan as of now for the traditional C model with conventional sights set up. So far, only QS models have these.

The front sight on Caracals is dovetailed, and with after market add ons it may sometimes be possible to install fibre optics front sights, once these are imported.

As for the F or C choice, well, try them out both, though I'm sure you'd feel more comfortable with the C's grip, lest you need a full sized. Difference, however, is barely 3 shots and 1cm to the barrel.

But the C is already having 15 shots capacity to it and a barrel of close to being 3.75 inches, so difference is not significantly much here, though C is much more concealable, and offers a much better grip, feel-in-hand, at least in my opinion.

Regards.
    Last edited by AK47; 24-04-2012 at 03:39 PM.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Quote Originally Posted by rmishaq View Post
    Thank you for this initiative AK47. I'm interested in the Caracal as a carry weapon but couldn't decide between the F and the C. The F also has a decent size for me but the sights were a question mark. I notice on your picture that the front sight looks something like a Fiber Optic sight. I would appreciate if you could shed some light on this. I don't have any concerns with the straight-8 but I would like to know how the sights work in low visibility.
    The fibre-optic front sight is available with Quick Aquisition Sights only, others have Straight 8 Sights. All these are suitable for SD Scenario that is quick action/aiming. The 3-dot option is available on net but not in the market.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Member Extraordinaire
    AK 47 bahi kindly add comparsion of different specs like barrel length weight magzine capacity etc in tabular form in your first post of this thread so that readers can have a better insight. a comparsion in dimensions of other similiar weapons like ramii duty cz 999 will be great

Dea AK47 Bro,

I feel my self caracalized due you have any update for SC model comming in Pakistan.

Regards.

Owais Hasan
    "Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." (John Dean "Jeff" Cooper - May 10, 1920 - September 25, 2006)

Quote Originally Posted by Owais Hasan View Post
    Dea AK47 Bro,

I feel my self caracalized due you have any update for SC model comming in Pakistan.

Regards.

Owais Hasan
    Check on guns and accesories zamzama.
    “The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed”. ((Alexander))

Ok i'm going to be the Black Sheep and say for the record that i HATED the weapon personally. Fired 25 rounds at the range with several friends, of whom one also bought one with QC. The trigger was so weird for me and the feel was just not there for me; although i shot very well at 10m and 15m. One of the friends quickly snapped it from me there and there so i gave it to him for the price i paid for it. Actually i had brought my Sig with me aswell and i shot Caracal better then Sig, but the trigger was just so so unpreditable and to snappy for me personally. I had decided after the 10 shot that i didn't like it. So i'm going to be the Black Sheep on this Caracal Club Thread.

regards

Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Salam All,
    @Gunfreak - don't panic bro, I too am in your black sheep clan as I too think that Caracal is a total waste of money.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNFREAK View Post
    The trigger was so weird for me and the feel was just not there for me
    How would you describe trigger of Glock 19?

Seems this club will closed soon.
    Two black sheeps in a day..
    What happened after 1 week.
    “The best that we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed”. ((Alexander))

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zakir View Post
    AK 47 bahi kindly add comparsion of different specs like barrel length weight magzine capacity etc in tabular form in your first post of this thread so that readers can have a better insight. a comparsion in dimensions of other similiar weapons like ramii duty cz 999 will be great
    Oh boy! Lol! Salams Dr. Sahib, how do you do Sir?

Well, I still can't remember exactly how I inserted comparison specifications in tabular form last time, when posting a comparison review with the CZ Rami. I remember however it was one bit of a work, lol!

These were the posts with tabs for reference:

Against CZ Rami:

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post242315

Sir, as you know, Rami is the most compact of the models that you mentioned, so I believe this should suffice for comparison.

Against PO-7 Duty:

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post242683

For your pleasure however, let me copy paste a couple of pics from my own review:

Owais Hassan bro.........Thanks. How is life?

@GunFreak.........Lol! We accept you dear bro as the black sheep who didn't like a Safe Action trigger vs a SIG Double Action.

I know a couple of friends who were all for the Caracal, but being range shooters and accustomed to DS/SA mode handguns, just couldn't adjust to the spongy, constant action trigger of Caracal.

You needed to compare it with a Glock trigger rather and you'd have been a white sheep then, lolz!

@Moeen..........Salams! Howdy bro!

Should we brawl here or over the phone, lol!

Stick to your compensated TS custom bro, you're much better off, lolz!

Regards.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Quote Originally Posted by DOM View Post
    Seems this club will closed soon.
    Two black sheeps in a day..
    What happened after 1 week.
    NP ALL black sheeps will be kept for Sadqaaa....

Blog Entries
    @ black sheeps; just keep one thing in mind ' AK's dont like nay sayers '
    Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others.

Quote Originally Posted by DOM View Post
    Check on guns and accesories zamzama.
    Guns and accessories normally charge very higher price than lucky star. I always found their CARACAL price higher.

Members specially AK47 Bro.

Any update about CARACAL SC availability. When it is expected, when fall of 2012 will come?

Quote Originally Posted by Asif Ali View Post

Any update about CARACAL SC availability. When it is expected, when fall of 2012 will come?
    Guns and accesories is the importer and you are asking from the forum member.
    Why dont you check from importer

HALE to the black sheeps!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Asif Ali View Post

Should have been out by now, as initially proposed.

Yet, IMHO, C is compact enough and SC may be a bit unpleasant to grip for the medium to large hands.

@Den.............Lolz! No, it wasn't about the "No" as such, but more due to undue comparison between a SIG DA/SA and Safe Action. What can I say, Gunfreak bro is an experienced shooter and a seasoned collector, who for sure has experience with other Safe Action triggers for comparison as well.

Regards.

Hale Caesar, I practically learned how to shoot with G19 since GF time (gun freak time) since sept 2007. Sir Ak, the honestly the issue with me was the spongy trigger and seemed to connect and strike at various positions vs. solid and crisp trigger on G19 gen 3. Plus after firing 50-100 rounds, we field stripped and it was a horrible sight of cheap visiable parts. Everybody seemed to agree on this aspect. The whole assembly was a scary sight. And the shinny frame felt cheap. Anyways enought with the negativity, Hale to UAE, for the effect. And I promise to purchase again if there is some improvement to the quality in future.

Regards