Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A verry important question to all users and experts

Quote Originally Posted by raja yasir View Post
    That is right bro Size does matter in terms of gathering more light but the quality of lens is most important ,In rifle scopes bigger diameter of lens is better for quick spotting of target and it also works better in low light conditions,IN case of Binoculars its the same but bigger the lens diameter in these make them heavy and difficult to use and carry in hunting,i got one with 70x zoom it works best on a stand ,i think smaller ones with good quality lens are better for hunting.
    Javed bro i mentioned in this earlier post that light binoculars are better to carry and use for hunting,But my rifle scopes already got upto 24x zoom so there is no point in carrying around 25x zoom binocular.

Member Extraordinaire Birdshooter007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by raja yasir View Post
    Javed bro i mentioned in this earlier post that light binoculars are better to carry and use for hunting,But my rifle scopes already got upto 24x zoom so there is no point in carrying around 25x zoom binocular.
    He has suggested 12x25mm binoculars (25mm is the objective diameter, with 12x zoom) as it keeps steady.

wats the price and avblty of 70X?

Quote Originally Posted by Chauhdary View Post
    He has suggested 12x25mm binoculars (25mm is the objective diameter, with 12x zoom) as it keeps steady.
    Then its less then that

Hi

I have perused the posts and would comment as follows:

Unless you are likely to be hunting at dawn or dusk then anything over 40-45mm in objective (front end/second number in the specification) is wasted. 50mm objective lenses maximise light gathering opportunity if you need it, however, the compromise is the additional weight for the benefit.

Regarding magnification (first number when reading the specification) as said before the higher this is the more difficult it is to hold the binos without 'wobble/shake'. To overcome this you need to use an aid to hold steady - such as 'shooting sticks'. Generally speaking 7-8.5 magnification covers just about most field/hunting use, unless you are out on the plains/in the mountains. An important point to remember is that you may be able to see quarry/a target a long way off but can you place your bullet on it without wounding or capable of making up ground/stalking nearer........

I use Swarovski 7x42SL binos and will be getting a back-up Zeiss/Swarovski in 10x soon.

An important fact to note in any optical equipment is the quality of the glass and the coatings on the lenses - in quality optics (both scopes and binos) these will ensure that there is no 'flaring' or optical issues when you look through them. Cheaper optics (Chinese/Phillipino/Taiwan etc) can only compromise.

As the saying goes 'buy once and cry once'.

Finally, it is a good idea to match the quality of any scope with your binos - no good seeing a target through the binos and not as clear or clearer when you come into the aim.

@Loki

Thanks for the help, this is what many people confuse on the forum; Scope/bino magnification & Obj. Dia.
    E.g if it's 4-12X(zoom)50(obj. dia.) they create confusion by writing 4X12-50.

@Loki

Thanks for the help, this is what many people confuse on the forum; Scope/bino magnification & Obj. Dia.
    E.g if it's 4-12X(zoom)50(obj. dia.) they create confusion by writing 4X12-50.
    Simply do not get confuse Chauhdary sahab And you are quiet knowledgeable in this field.

@Thanks Loki for explanation.

Well, We should start a new thread and share our Scopes and Optics with there specifications.
    @Chauhdary, you get up and do this favor. And at the beginning of the thread some basic information would be more nice like parts and there names and usage in short short. I myself get confuse sometime because I am not familiar with scopes much and their usage. Clicks ? And varying the things according to distance etc.

Nice informative Shares U all Dear.
    HUNTING is not just something i do. It is part of who i am.

just wait till i upload my USSR daddy!!

p.s: its with a friend other wise would have uploaded right know. you can easily see moon depressions from it.
    "I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Simply do not get confuse Chauhdary sahab And you are quiet knowledgeable in this field.

@Thanks Loki for explanation.

Well, We should start a new thread and share our Scopes and Optics with there specifications.
    @Chauhdary, you get up and do this favor. And at the beginning of the thread some basic information would be more nice like parts and there names and usage in short short. I myself get confuse sometime because I am not familiar with scopes much and their usage. Clicks ? And varying the things according to distance etc.
    Whaat? I am a learner.

Whaat? I am a learner.
    Yes, hahha,, Thats why be the volunteer and start the thread. You have the potential Brother hehehe !! Hmm Or I think I should do it myself then Making a Electronic Circuit let it get complete in couple of days, was sitting idle and searching jobs so thought make some game on wires and IC chips :P

Last edited by Birdshooter007; 24-04-2012 at 08:41 PM.

There's already a thread on scopes full of info, tried finding it but couldn't.
    There are many threads, regarding a particular scope or lengthy copy pasting from internet. If there is one specific which I mentioned above then woud be nice.
    http://www.google.com/search?q=site:...Q&start=0&sa=N

I always Google if I have to find something on the forum because the forum search engine is not that efficient
    Some of the threads related to scope in the forum

See this (I specifically pasted the 2nd page for your ease though it's plain copy pasting by the OP though an easy read for beginners)

Quote Originally Posted by zahid shah View Post
    HELLO TO ALL FRIENDS I AM NEW USER TO PK GUNS I LIKE THIS FORUM THIS IS VERRY GOOD AND HELPFUL FORUM FOR US BUT I NEED SOME INFORMATION ABOUT BINOCULARS WITCH ONE IS THE BEST BINOCULAR FOR HUNTING AND WHAT MEANS OF THIS VALUE LIKE THIS 7x30/7x50/8x30/20X50
    PLZ ANY ONE EXPLAIN WITH DETAIL AND PRICE IN PK WAITING FOR YOUR KINDLY ANSWER
    Welcome on PG Bro.
    Happy & Safe Shooting.

See this (I specifically pasted the 2nd page for your ease though it's plain copy pasting by the OP though an easy read for beginners)
    Yes bro informative for a beginner in scopes like me. Thanks