Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A verry important question to all users and experts

A verry important question to all users and experts

HELLO TO ALL FRIENDS I AM NEW USER TO PK GUNS I LIKE THIS FORUM THIS IS VERRY GOOD AND HELPFUL FORUM FOR US BUT I NEED SOME INFORMATION ABOUT BINOCULARS WITCH ONE IS THE BEST BINOCULAR FOR HUNTING AND WHAT MEANS OF THIS VALUE LIKE THIS 7x30/7x50/8x30/20X50
    PLZ ANY ONE EXPLAIN WITH DETAIL AND PRICE IN PK WAITING FOR YOUR KINDLY ANSWER
    Last edited by zahid shah; 19-04-2012 at 12:00 PM.

welcome to the forum
    THE ONLY EASY DAY WAS YESTERDAY

Quote Originally Posted by zahid shah View Post
    HELLO TO ALL FRIENDS I AM NEW USER TO PK GUNS I LIKE THIS FORUM THIS IS VERRY GOOD AND HELPFUL FORUM FOR US BUT I NEED SOME INFORMATION ABOUT BINOCULARS WITCH ONE IS THE BEST BINOCULAR FOR HUNTING AND WHAT MEANS OF THIS VALUE LIKE THIS 7x30/7x50/8x30/20X50
    PLZ ANY ONE EXPLAIN WITH DETAIL AND PRICE IN PK WAITING FOR YOUR KINDLY ANSWER
    hello zahid,a warm welcome to Pakguns!
    optics (binoculars and scopes) come with two types of features regarding power.
    1)fixed power
    2)variable power.
    those u have mentioned r fixed power ones...e.g 7x30 means that the optic is capable of 7x zoom in power.however this is fixed power and cant b changed! the last number in the scope description denotes the objective lens diameter.e.g in 7x30 the objective lens dia is 30mm or in simple words u can say it has 30mm lens opening.
    BIGGER THE LENS,THE STRONGER THE MAGNIFICATION.

THERE r other variable power scopes which offer more features.these scopes r usually described in the following way.
    3-6x30 or 3-9x40 or 3-12x40
    in above cases the first two digits r indicating the variable zoom in power i.e 3-6 means that u can manually adjust your power from 3x to 6x with the help of a knob provided in the scope.Last digit again shows the objestive dia in mm.
    similarly 3-9x40 scope has variable power from 3x to 9x with a objective lens dia of 40mm
    hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by shakeel durrani View Post
    hello zahid,a warm welcome to Pakguns!
    optics (binoculars and scopes) come with two types of features regarding power.
    1)fixed power
    2)variable power.
    those u have mentioned r fixed power ones...e.g 7x30 means that the optic is capable of 7x zoom in power.however this is fixed power and cant b changed! the last number in the scope description denotes the objective lens diameter.e.g in 7x30 the objective lens dia is 30mm or in simple words u can say it has 30mm lens opening.
    BIGGER THE LENS,THE STRONGER THE MAGNIFICATION.

THERE r other variable power scopes which offer more features.these scopes r usually described in the following way.
    3-6x30 or 3-9x40 or 3-12x40
    in above cases the first two digits r indicating the variable zoom in power i.e 3-6 means that u can manually adjust your power from 3x to 6x with the help of a knob provided in the scope.Last digit again shows the objestive dia in mm.
    similarly 3-9x40 scope has variable power from 3x to 9x with a objective lens dia of 40mm
    hope it helps!
    Welcome to pg bro,I will agree with shakeel bro only that( BIGGER THE LENS,THE STRONGER THE MAGNIFICATION).I will say BIGGER THE LENS in diameter,WIDER the view.the magnification depend upon the distance of rear and front lens with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by raja yasir View Post
    Welcome to pg bro,I will agree with shakeel bro only that( BIGGER THE LENS,THE STRONGER THE MAGNIFICATION).I will say BIGGER THE LENS in diameter,WIDER the view.the magnification depend upon the distance of rear and front lens with each other.
    thats true but i was taking it the other way (i.e quality of sight picture) as scopes with bigger lens allow more light and have better quality when v move upto maximum zoom in power!
    off course there r other things involved in better quality of sight picture,one of which is the quality of lens itself used but the lens dia also plays important role!
    so little explanation from my side that stronger in terms of quality sight picture!
    thanks for the input!

That is right bro Size does matter in terms of gathering more light but the quality of lens is most important ,In rifle scopes bigger diameter of lens is better for quick spotting of target and it also works better in low light conditions,IN case of Binoculars its the same but bigger the lens diameter in these make them heavy and difficult to use and carry in hunting,i got one with 70x zoom it works best on a stand ,i think smaller ones with good quality lens are better for hunting.

thanks to all sweet friends for reply what about this binocular reply plzName:  1329669288_319200789_2-American-Navys-Binocular-Quetta.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  36.9 KB

Member Extraordinaire Birdshooter007's Avatar
    i got one with 70x zoom it works best on a stand ,i think smaller ones with good quality lens are better for hunting.[/COLOR]
    70x zoom?

A good collection of Binos are with the Gown House Rawalpindi...One can check it from there too....

Welcome to PG @zahid shah
    "MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS BUT IT CAN BUY GUNS & AMMO WHICH IS THE SAME THING".

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    nice acessory Zahid sb

Quote Originally Posted by Chauhdary View Post
    70x zoom?
    I think he means 70mm Otherwise 70x Zoom would be for spectating Behind Enemy Lines

Quote Originally Posted by zahid shah View Post
    thanks to all sweet friends for reply what about this binocular reply plzName:  1329669288_319200789_2-American-Navys-Binocular-Quetta.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  36.9 KB

At last we find out the importance behind the question.Nice binocular

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    I think he means 70mm Otherwise 70x Zoom would be for spectating Behind Enemy Lines
    bro i mean 70x zoom i could see a person standing at monal restaurant on Margalla hills from f8 sector Islamabad .
    Attached Images Attached Images     

good looking pictures raja yasir bhai you have any information about his price and availability in pk thanks for reply and good info

amazing thing you are getting.at what price are you getting this ??

Supreme Member
    in lahore Bakhash Elahi,and in Multan Majeed and sons hv good collection of Binos from different countries

bro i mean 70x zoom i could see a person standing at monal restaurant on Margalla hills from f8 sector Islamabad .
    Thats very nice Bino you have brother.

Tell me what is the result when you zoom it upto 70 times ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Thats very nice Bino you have brother.

Tell me what is the result when you zoom it upto 70 times ?
    Thanks bro,It works very well but more zoom require more study grip it works great on stand with 70x zoom .

Salam to you all. It is nice discussion going on on different binoculars. I would like to share my experience with you regarding usage of these binoculars. I have different sizes of binoculars like(1) 2.5 x 24-60, (2)12x 25,(3) 7x50, (4) 20x50. Practically if you are in field for duck hunting or Rabbit hunting the best binocular is 12x25 which covers the area of 87m/1000m. This is handy and easy to use. Others are bigger in size and difficult to handle.