Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Hatsan 125 air rifle

AOA

Finally got the gun yesterday from Hira for 35k along with the optima scope. Took some test shots today at 20 yards. Still needs to be broken in but is a joy to shoot this beast of an air rifle. Have not yet mounted the scope, will do it once I have shot some 200 rounds thru it. Feels solid. The shock absorbing pad broken off on the third fire. Had to take out two of the extra spacers so the holding screws could travel more into the stock. It is holding well now. Can u advise how to zero in the windage dial so it shoots straight as I can not seem to find the index to set it in the center. Thanks.

Congrats buddy for the beast can you let us know on which side of the target it is shooting
    Just turn opposite side of it till it get shooting in the center

Thank you Khilji sb. I noticed the index on the rear sight and managed to set it in the center, I guess I was so excited that I simply overlooked it. Have been reading a lot of suggestions on the web to tune these guns before initial use. I am honestly not confident in disassembling the entire gun myself and neither have the right non petroleum based lubes that prevent dieseling. Can pull out the assembly from the stock though to have access to the spring but not sure if I can open it any further and then put it back together w/o any trouble. So any suggestions here please. Also please advise lubes that I should use which are available in the local market.
    Last edited by rehan73; 20-01-2014 at 11:10 AM.

salam all hope you all are doing well and enjoying shooting with ur respective beasts. came to this thread yesterday and fully enjoyed from page 1 to last each and every post and congrats to all hatsan owners. well I was too thinking for 125 sniper since 2or three weeks before reading this thread. I want to buy only 125 sniper gun with out accessories because I already have scope sling bag etc of my previous airgun. where it would be available in Karachi and price of only gun?? #khilji and #jog3ee . and h&n ftt pellets availability too. take care and happy shooting regards
    If You think you are too small too be Effective...
    You have never been in bed with a MOSQUITO.

Dear sniper bros,

I intend to mount the Optima 3~9 x 32 with its provided stock mounts and the gun's fcty provided scope stope. Need to know if the above would hold well to the gun's recoil or do I need to put a different type of (01pc) mount or additional scope stope next to the front rings.

Further still waiting for advice on how to lube the gun during its break in period. Thanks.
    Expect the best. Prepare for the worst.
    Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

Do not mount the scope now. Shoot at least 1 tin of pellets through it 1st allow it break in and settle.

Hi Nabeel,

Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I will mount after completing the break in as suggested. Once I am thru it, can I mount with stock accs?

Also any advice on lubrication / tuning please, I am totally a novice in this deptt. Honestly I have only used simple gun oils on my Diana 45 and it still shoots like its new. Never opened it or lubricated its chamber. Just a simple wipe on the outer surface, a drop in the barrel and an occasinal drop or two on the main spring, that too through the slit under the stock.

Thanks.
    Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

If you're a novice then don't open up your airgun without supervision. Shoot it as it is and when you have enough knowledge and tools then attempt to open it up, still not without supervision. DO NOT pour oil in the barrel. If you need to clean the barrel better run a lightly lubed patch a couple of times and then run a dry patch to wipe off any oil residue.

If you're able to get a 1 piece mount that'd be better but the stock rings will do the job. I prefer using better quality weaver rings instead of the supplied dovetail ones.

Beauty and the Beast......
    My new Hatsan 125 sniper and 25 yrs old Diana 45.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

You've kept your "old lady" in great shape

Thank you for the compliments I do not have a very elaborate collection like many other PG brethren but I do like to take good care of the stuff I have. The Diana in fact belongs to my elder brother who is in the US and hardly used it for a couple of years when he was in college. I keep it like an "imanat".

I also have a Chinese .22 also from school days and now my young son shoots it. Will post pics of it as well on some other forum.

Today I will be sighting in the Hatsan (iron sights) and will share grouping outcome.

Wish me luck!
    Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

Good luck, you won't be disappointed

20 yards with Gamo match pellets....I know I am no where near you gentlemen but how about for starters ....
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

good job, BUT this airgun CAN do much better and so can you, So...

You need to slightly adjust your rear sight, the group is shifted to the left. Use a 1inch x 1inch target instead of this 2 x 2. And google "artillery hold" and learn to practice that. You'll immediately see marked improvement in your results.

Good Luck , stay & shoot safe and enjoy your airgun

Thanks for the advice. Yes I am practicing the artillery hold. The shots closer to the bull were achieved at the end after adjusting the windage dial towards the right side. Will use a 1" target next time as you have suggested. I totally agree as Mel Gibson said in the Patriot, "aim small, miss small".

Any suggestions for good pellets that can help in achieving tighter groups besides practicing...do you think H&N ftt's are worth an investment. I also have Gamo pro magnums.
    Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

Yes H&N FTT are much better than Gamo pellets

Mounted the 3-9 x 32 scope yesterday. Honestly was not happy with it as it produced inconsistent grouping at 20 yards. In fact I had done better with open sights the other day. The image was also not very bright and crisp at higher magnification. So, had it returned to Hira today and replaced with the 4-12 x 44 AOE version. Will mount it shortly and share results. I am using Gamo pro magnums now. Any advice at what distance I should zero in the scope. I hv learnt from other blogs that the scope should be zeroed in at the first point of intersection of the line of sight and the pellet's trajectory. The pellet then rises above the line of sight and after losing energy starts dropping again where it crosses the line of sight again and hence yields another yardage where it hits the point of aim and needs no correction. Any practical advice from your experiences will he much appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by rehan73; 27-01-2014 at 08:41 PM.
    Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

Your new scope will surely give much better image quality.
    All scopes change the point of balance of the gun, heavier the scope and higher the mount, more the point of balance is disturbed. Due to higher vibration and recoil of air guns, this point becomes even more important. Lighter scopes and lower mounts are recommended. Mount height should be just enough to allow the objective lens clear of the gun when mounted.
    Artillery hold and some practice with the scope mounted will improve the grouping.

Zero the scope at 18-20 yards. Try shooting at 8-10x magnification. keep a record of the results, discuss it freely here, Sure you are gonna enjoy this shooting, I really do...
    "Peace is that glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading."

Dear Adam,

Thank you for your advice. Will zero in the scope as suggested. For now will mount it using the stock mounts which leave the front objective 1/2" above the receiver. I guess this height should be okay.

Will share results soon. Thanks.
    Muhammad Ali Jinnah.

Its not the base of objective lens' distance to the receiver that matters, its the distance between the scope tube and the receiver. Try to keep that to a min and for that the max objective dia you'll be able to use is 40mm.. anyways, try getting hold of a good 1 piece mount and you should be sorted.