Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PakGuns Guns Cleaner and Lubricant

nice site, thnks for sharing 9mm Luger
    "Musalma Museebat Mein Ghabraya Naheen Karta" Quaid-e-Azam

9mm really nice informative site.Have remedies for all problems.Remember in early days someone was asking about how to clean copper from his gun and could not get answer.If he is still around he could do it now.
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Actually I guess I didnt explain it to you clearly... note i didnt go out and spend hrs on phone and stuff for some thing you could get off the internet mix it and try it and hell yeah if it didnt work chuck it out and try something else
    now u know why i aked you to stop copying stuff off the internet, discuss it with some professional in that field, atleast before recommending others. and about spending hours on phone discussing this kinda stuff, try it. u'll love it brother.

my point: dont just copy, talk to somebody nothing short of an expert in that field. i'm no expert thats why highly rely on expert help. no harm in consulting somebody who has first hand experience (such as lubrication engineer, MOBIL's plant manager in Quetta or a firearms lubrication expert such as Grant Cunningham)

the formula i wrote is a basic gun oil... KINDLY this must be remebered at all times
    ok, so we are talking about gun oil only now :/

ALSO WHEN I SAID "SYNTHETIC OIL" that means it cant be a straight Weight it will be a multigrade!! by 5 or 10 I like the originator of this homemade recepie giving an idea and thats all!! .. we are talking common stuff its no rocket science even if you get mineral oil and add it it wont make that much effect ... synthetic because it will react better under high temprature (viscosity)
    to some part i agree, to others i dont, u said in u'r original quote "10W synthetic motor oil", the weight u'r giving is a straight weight formulation, i'm confused u said its multigrade, how?
    secondly, which synthetic oil are we talking about? cause we are only interested in PAO based synthetic oils, a mineral oil will do the job, u'r right but it will leave a messy goo afterwards. hence i will not recommend mineral oil. however u'r right about, hoppes original recipe includes mineral oil with a solvent (deodrized kerosene).

because we have a dusty enviorment.. the oil gets sticky quicker here.. but the lubrication is there!!
    engine oil doesnt not get any dust in it after use, a vehicle's engine is a closed system, oil doesnt contact air in anyway. oil gets goo-ey/dirty due to the carbon suspended in it. carbon gets in there due to elevated piston ring temperatures, thats where oil meets rings and oxidizes/burns(unintentionally ofcourse).

who told me all this: mobil pakistan's plant engineer at quetta plant. see? consulting an expert always helps.

et m also add that if benzene is a human carcinogen then thinner doesnt do any good either to your health kindly follow the link below to find more about thinner effects:
    here i agree with u, but the thinner is only in cleaner recipe, not in the lube. in ur case benzene is both in cleaner and lube. guess what? benzene is 141 time more suspectible carcinogenic (Center of disease control)

I use this formula on my Taurus 24/7 and am satisfied with it...
    i've searched over the internet, u r talking about a pistol, my apologies for the lack of knowledge in pistols, however...........I must say, we are talking about HOW TO CLEAN YOUR SHOTGUNS. ;)

as far as u'r particular recipe is concerned, I have tried it as well and found the lube to be too thick for shotguns, can u post viscosity index of u'r lube before recommending, i can, kindly allow me, tested at SES ofcourse (see?, expert help again). i never recommend anything before getting it certified/approved/tested.

my lube's viscosity at 100F/40C = 32.9
    my lube's viscosity at 212F/100C = 6.16
    viscosity index = 177.67
    Flash Point = 419F

again if u allow me, i can post results of u'r recipe as well, u dont think i sent only one recipe for testing, did you? and another thing: i can post results of hoppes and militec-1, guess what? my lube won big time. now thats not talk, i've got results to back my claim. its not something, "ooo! this lube works great, i'll use it from now". results my friend, concrete results are a must.

i can see that u use u'r lube for pistols, hmm..... somebody told me mix ATF with moly grease for side rails, it'll last longer, will not run and u'll love the result. why go through unnecessary hassle.

as far as me giving an impression that u'r wrong and i'm right, for that my brother i'm sorry and request you to accept my apology, it was not my intention to give any impression that i dont regard others opinion. however kindly understand that i'm no techinical person and highly regard expert advice/opinion and believe that any recommendation should be backed by concerete evidence/results not just knowledge gathered by googling around on internet.

Regards.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

We got it guys...just cool it ..besides..Oil helps in cooling !
    A Good friend & Gun ALWAYS helps you in Need !

Oil helps in cooling !
    u'r so right about this Ka_Khan.

Regards.

I have a hoppes shotgun cleaning kit

My usual cleaning process after a good shoot (over 100 shells fired) is as follows:

Dismantle the shotgun
    Wipe down all surfaces with a clean cotton cloth (old t shirts)
    Spray the inner unreachable parts liberally with WD 40 (never outer blued parts) and drain excess liquid by holding the gun upside down
    Run the pull-through through the barrell a few times (again hoppes)
    Then oil all inner components with Hoppes Gun Oil
    Remove any tough powder stains using the Hoppes Nitro Solvent
    Now, oil a pice of cotton rag and run it all over the gun (barring wooden parts)
    Put the gun away

Just wipe down the gun with a clean cotton cloth before taking it for a shoot as the excessive oil on the extreior of the gun will attract dust

I hope this was helpful :)

After reading all the posts! I am really astonished by the knowledge fellow members have about the chemicals! One should be proud of that! But the point I first took of this thread was to MAKE LIFE EASIER instead of getting into chemical engineering! "NO HARD FEELINGS" But if easier ways are available then why one should get involved into such complex industrial level manufacturing limits of chemicals?
    1. Wipe your barrels with clean cotton swabs!
    2. Wet further cotton swabs with Hoppes Nitro Solvent No.9 "available for Rs.450 or so" and pull them through barrels use new swab every time untill a swab comes out clean. This process will remove any plastic, carbon residue in the chambers and barrels.
    3. Spray some W.D.-40 "available for Rs.110/- or so" in the action and barrel and dry parts with cotton cloth.
    4. If storing gun for a longer period lightly oil the metal parts and store it
    5. For wooden stocks use birchwoods true-oil
    I guess this is far cheaper and easier way to protect the gun :)
    Please! No Hard Feelings! I must say again that knowledge of fellow members about chemicals is commendable but it can create problems for novice hunters if they don't take precautions or mess up with quantities to be mixed!
    Chill
    Talal Khan

ok! now it might sound weird to u guyz but i attach my cleaning rod to a rotary and spin it in the barrel. u will not believe the results. a long time ago I saw this on a video where a guy was doing the same thing. i tried it and became a believer.

barrels come out looking brand new as if never used. I inspect bore of my shotguns using borescope/light.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by 12gauge
    ok! now it might sound weird to u guyz but i attach my cleaning rod to a rotary and spin it in the barrel. u will not believe the results. a long time ago I saw this on a video where a guy was doing the same thing. i tried it and became a believer.

barrels come out looking brand new as if never used. I inspect bore of my shotguns using borescope/light.

Regards.
    @12 Gauge, Dude u r hard core, i bow down :)

Aamar sahib try it someday, u'll love it. it does the job many times better, faster and with no fatigue on the arms. bores dont just get cleaned, they get polished into a mirror finish (i'm not talking by inspecting through conventional means, i'm talking by inspecting using a bore scope).

and the rotary tool isnt that expensive, this particular model fetches around 8K. you can go for a chinese rotary tool as well, costs less than 3K with hell lot of accessories and will be durable enough for this kinda use.

Regards.

I have the drill machine, will try it and revert with feedback :)

@Aamar! For God sake bro :D ..... What would be left to give feed back on after using DRILL MACHINE? What is wrong with conventional text book method??? Had this rotary motor been so famous...Hoopes and other would have invented some tool with rotary brushing and so! Now a days guns are manufactured with chromium plated barrels I don't think if they need such a harsh treatment unless one uses some very very cheap quality cartridges! anyways.. any fellow intending to use electronic rotating tool for cleaning gun BEST OF LUCK :D :D :D
    Talal Khan

@Aamar! For God sake bro ..... What would be left to give feed back on after using DRILL MACHINE........... Only Drill Machine

@Aamar! For God sake bro ..... What would be left to give feed back on after using DRILL MACHINE? What is wrong with conventional text book method??? Had this rotary motor been so famous...Hoopes and other would have invented some tool with rotary brushing and so! Now a days guns are manufactured with chromium plated barrels I don't think if they need such a harsh treatment unless one uses some very very cheap quality cartridges! anyways.. any fellow intending to use electronic rotating tool for cleaning gun BEST OF LUCK
    well, new age barrels are hard chromed which is way harder than steel/stainless steel. check for the hardness charts, u'll see. having said that, there is absolutely no harm that u can cause to a barrel by polishing it with a drill. infact I have videos demonstrating that forcing cones are intentionally polished this way for a mirror shine as it promotes better patterns and similarly barrels are polished using the same drill/rotary method for better barrel maintainance and improved patterns.

my first tool for polishing was infact a drill, but later i bought this rotary tool as it is smaller than a drill hence promotes easy handling. otherwise, sure, go right ahead with the drill, make sure that the cleaning rod u attach with the drill does not make contact with the bore surface. a tight and snugly fit cotton swab at the end of the cleaning rod will ensure that. u'll find that the barrel will heat up. trick is to spin, rest, spin rest. barrel heating is perfectly normal.

Regards.

Banned
    Good idea 12gauge sir. Will give it a try.

Enthusiast
    @12Gauge

What speed do you run this rotary tool at?

Quote Originally Posted by Turumti
    @12Gauge

What speed do you run this rotary tool at?

Sir, i use low speed with interminent on and off. i sometimes use medium speed too. its not that high is unsafe, its actually that high speeds creates a mess, you dont want the cleaner solution splattered all over your hands/arms/shoulders.

plus i've also discovered a strange relationship between speed of the rotary tool and mood of one's wife.

higher the speed, more pissed-off one's lady gets :D

I usually get off the hook by blaming it all on my kid for the mess ;)

Regards.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aamar

Spray the inner unreachable parts liberally with WD 40 (never outer blued parts) and drain excess liquid by holding the gun upside down
    What does wd 40 do to blued parts ?? :O
    I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it

What does wd 40 do to blued parts ??
    absolutely nothing.

Regards.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 12gauge
    What does wd 40 do to blued parts ??
    absolutely nothing.

Regards.
    thank god. for a moment there, i was scared #$%less.
    I dont suffer from the disillusion that CZs are the ultimate handguns.
    I enjoy every minute of it