Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Cleaning kits , Solvents , Oils

Quote Originally Posted by farrukhnaik2000 View Post
    How about using WD-40? can we use it in replacement of simple white gun oil? Please advise...
    waiting for an expert opinion on this

What you mean by simple white gun oil ? The old desi machine ka tail ? WD-40 is better then that, but WD-40 is not the final choice. It can be used in all case as Rust Cleaner and Lubricant but its not the perfect one.

Youtube is bannned otherwise Abbas brother's Gun Cleaning Tutorial is the best way to know for beginners how to deal with Cleaning. Although you may benefit from the following links

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...th-Pictures%29

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...ial-in-Urdu%29

Hoppe's Gun Solvent you will see our chief recommends and its nice. If you want something cheaper then use NASA-RUSTONIL. I bought 200ml can yesterday for Rs:130

Hoppe's Powder solvent is a good cleaning option. But its hardly available....

if any one found hoops powder solvent in karachi please tell me i need one.

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    What you mean by simple white gun oil ? The old desi machine ka tail ? WD-40 is better then that, but WD-40 is not the final choice. It can be used in all case as Rust Cleaner and Lubricant but its not the perfect one.

Youtube is bannned otherwise Abbas brother's Gun Cleaning Tutorial is the best way to know for beginners how to deal with Cleaning. Although you may benefit from the following links

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...th-Pictures%29

http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...ial-in-Urdu%29

Hoppe's Gun Solvent you will see our chief recommends and its nice. If you want something cheaper then use NASA-RUSTONIL. I bought 200ml can yesterday for Rs:130

I went though em in detail. using a proxy server.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by SPAYPANTHER View Post
    Try EBCO in the Forum (Clifton). They had some (Pkr 470 a bottle).

I bought a bottle from Elahi Buksh (Teen Talwar; Pkr 400). They had one more left but since that had been sitting in a display cabinet, the packaging had faded quite a bit. Solvents and sunlight don't go well together.

Looked like really old stock at both places but since there is no mention of any production/expiry dates, one can't really tell.

Good luck
    Last edited by Navarone; 20-09-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by francolino View Post
    For all semi-autos especially the hi end ones, as the materials involves technopolymers and synthetic materials too, incl rubber seals etc, I would recommend the following two combination for cleaning and lubricating.

1) Cleaning Agent:

2) Lubricant:

The advantages are numerous, and these are much much better than the usual Brunox sprays and Hoppes gun oil in market. I saw them quite oft at Bukhsh Elahi Lahore earlier but now the rack seems emptied. The oil (#2) has very good rust preventive properties too. Besides these, SLIP 2000 and Rem Oil and Breakfree CLP too are also very good but I have yet to see them anywhere in market.
    I bought the same Bux Elahi very good rust preventing, cleaning and lubricant agent.

yeah i saw it there too. But i have to wait till my gun cleaners finish...

Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I went though em in detail. using a proxy server.
    Trade Secrets , ( I tried using my fav proxy but it didnt worked, didnt tried it much), I uninstalled the hotspot proxy. damn that works very nice, but I kinda do not trust its security.

Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Trade Secrets , ( I tried using my fav proxy but it didnt worked, didnt tried it much), I uninstalled the hotspot proxy. damn that works very nice, but I kinda do not trust its security.
    Umm i use this one. http://www.unblock-proxy.net/ However its gotten slow as well..

P.S of course to watch the videos on how-to-clean-my-umm-guns.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Umm i use this one. http://www.unblock-proxy.net/ However its gotten slow as well..

Its working. Thanks for the share. And yes, For guns only I am using definately, hickok45 shoots slower using proxy

thanx alot

Quote Originally Posted by SPAYPANTHER View Post
    SPAYPANTHER, I guess i have seen it at TayyabAlly

I have noticed that after using any rust remover or a lubricant, at times a kind of black mark on the surface is remained. This is usually with the local clones. Is there any solvent, scrubber or oil that scrubs the treated area well and reaches to the shine of the metal instead of giving a rust to black mark on it?
    Last edited by Huntsman; 23-09-2012 at 11:23 PM.

simply download the (Stealthy) in chrome or firefox by google its a addon.ON the stealthy by clicking on jet(near the address bar) when it turned into green you can access to any banned website.
    \'\' The Most Beautiful Thing In The World Is The World Itself \'\'

Quote Originally Posted by SAJJAD ALI View Post
    simply download the (Stealthy) in chrome or firefox by google its a addon.ON the stealthy by clicking on jet(near the address bar) when it turned into green you can access to any banned website.
    SAJJAD ALI, brother, its not working, although the suggestion from ED Sir is serving the purpose. When the jet was green, I wasn't able to brows PakGuns even. Lolz.

Please suggest what could have gone wrong.

open the browser first then dont write anything in address bar just simply On the stealthy when it become green then open anything you want.stealthy is a addon for opening the banned websites.
    \'\' The Most Beautiful Thing In The World Is The World Itself \'\'

Yes I have tireid but its not working brother, Green Jet even blocking PakGuns and other valid sites too as said earlier.

anyway thank you for your help.

Upart from unblock proxy. there is the 'colloquialy' named www.hidemyass.com

However I prefer un block proxy.

Whats the difference between Hoppe's "POWDER SOLVENT" and "Hoppe's no 9 SOlvent"????
    I am planning to buy one online, please let me know if it is the same thing or different:

http://magiclamp.pk/productView.php?...arch=hoppe&s=1
    Don't forget your great guns, which are the most respectable arguments of the rights of kings.