Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 349

Thread: Gun Cleaning kits , Solvents , Oils

  1. #21
    Enthusiast hamzaryaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    237
    Quote Originally Posted by farrukhnaik2000 View Post
    How about using WD-40? can we use it in replacement of simple white gun oil? Please advise...
    waiting for an expert opinion on this

  2. #22
    Supreme Member Mig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,352
    What you mean by simple white gun oil ? The old desi machine ka tail ? WD-40 is better then that, but WD-40 is not the final choice. It can be used in all case as Rust Cleaner and Lubricant but its not the perfect one.

    Youtube is bannned otherwise Abbas brother's Gun Cleaning Tutorial is the best way to know for beginners how to deal with Cleaning. Although you may benefit from the following links

    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...th-Pictures%29

    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...ial-in-Urdu%29

    Hoppe's Gun Solvent you will see our chief recommends and its nice. If you want something cheaper then use NASA-RUSTONIL. I bought 200ml can yesterday for Rs:130

  3. #23
    PakGuns Elite! Trigger_happy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    7,290
    Hoppe's Powder solvent is a good cleaning option. But its hardly available....

  4. #24
    Expert Member SPAYPANTHER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    KARACHI
    Posts
    1,161
    if any one found hoops powder solvent in karachi please tell me i need one.

  5. #25
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    What you mean by simple white gun oil ? The old desi machine ka tail ? WD-40 is better then that, but WD-40 is not the final choice. It can be used in all case as Rust Cleaner and Lubricant but its not the perfect one.

    Youtube is bannned otherwise Abbas brother's Gun Cleaning Tutorial is the best way to know for beginners how to deal with Cleaning. Although you may benefit from the following links

    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...th-Pictures%29

    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...ial-in-Urdu%29

    Hoppe's Gun Solvent you will see our chief recommends and its nice. If you want something cheaper then use NASA-RUSTONIL. I bought 200ml can yesterday for Rs:130

    I went though em in detail. using a proxy server.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by SPAYPANTHER View Post
    if any one found hoops powder solvent in karachi please tell me i need one.
    Try EBCO in the Forum (Clifton). They had some (Pkr 470 a bottle).

    I bought a bottle from Elahi Buksh (Teen Talwar; Pkr 400). They had one more left but since that had been sitting in a display cabinet, the packaging had faded quite a bit. Solvents and sunlight don't go well together.

    Looked like really old stock at both places but since there is no mention of any production/expiry dates, one can't really tell.

    Good luck
    Last edited by Navarone; 20-09-2012 at 08:08 AM.

  7. #27
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by francolino View Post
    For all semi-autos especially the hi end ones, as the materials involves technopolymers and synthetic materials too, incl rubber seals etc, I would recommend the following two combination for cleaning and lubricating.


    1) Cleaning Agent:



    2) Lubricant:




    The advantages are numerous, and these are much much better than the usual Brunox sprays and Hoppes gun oil in market. I saw them quite oft at Bukhsh Elahi Lahore earlier but now the rack seems emptied. The oil (#2) has very good rust preventive properties too. Besides these, SLIP 2000 and Rem Oil and Breakfree CLP too are also very good but I have yet to see them anywhere in market.
    I bought the same Bux Elahi very good rust preventing, cleaning and lubricant agent.

  8. #28
    PakGuns Elite! Trigger_happy78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    7,290
    yeah i saw it there too. But i have to wait till my gun cleaners finish...

  9. #29
    Supreme Member Mig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    I went though em in detail. using a proxy server.
    Trade Secrets , ( I tried using my fav proxy but it didnt worked, didnt tried it much), I uninstalled the hotspot proxy. damn that works very nice, but I kinda do not trust its security.

  10. #30
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Mig View Post
    Trade Secrets , ( I tried using my fav proxy but it didnt worked, didnt tried it much), I uninstalled the hotspot proxy. damn that works very nice, but I kinda do not trust its security.
    Umm i use this one. http://www.unblock-proxy.net/ However its gotten slow as well..

    P.S of course to watch the videos on how-to-clean-my-umm-guns.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  11. #31
    Supreme Member Mig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Umm i use this one. http://www.unblock-proxy.net/ However its gotten slow as well..

    P.S of course to watch the videos on how-to-clean-my-umm-guns.
    Its working. Thanks for the share. And yes, For guns only I am using definately, hickok45 shoots slower using proxy

  12. #32
    Enthusiast hamzaryaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    237
    thanx alot

  13. #33
    Member Huntsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by SPAYPANTHER View Post
    if any one found hoops powder solvent in karachi please tell me i need one.
    SPAYPANTHER, I guess i have seen it at TayyabAlly

  14. #34
    Member Huntsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    130
    I have noticed that after using any rust remover or a lubricant, at times a kind of black mark on the surface is remained. This is usually with the local clones. Is there any solvent, scrubber or oil that scrubs the treated area well and reaches to the shine of the metal instead of giving a rust to black mark on it?
    Last edited by Huntsman; 23-09-2012 at 11:23 PM.

  15. #35
    Senior Member SAJJAD ALI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    759
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatic Desires View Post
    Umm i use this one. http://www.unblock-proxy.net/ However its gotten slow as well..

    P.S of course to watch the videos on how-to-clean-my-umm-guns.
    simply download the (Stealthy) in chrome or firefox by google its a addon.ON the stealthy by clicking on jet(near the address bar) when it turned into green you can access to any banned website.
    \'\' The Most Beautiful Thing In The World Is The World Itself \'\'

  16. #36
    Member Huntsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by SAJJAD ALI View Post
    simply download the (Stealthy) in chrome or firefox by google its a addon.ON the stealthy by clicking on jet(near the address bar) when it turned into green you can access to any banned website.
    SAJJAD ALI, brother, its not working, although the suggestion from ED Sir is serving the purpose. When the jet was green, I wasn't able to brows PakGuns even. Lolz.

    Please suggest what could have gone wrong.

  17. #37
    Senior Member SAJJAD ALI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    759
    open the browser first then dont write anything in address bar just simply On the stealthy when it become green then open anything you want.stealthy is a addon for opening the banned websites.
    \'\' The Most Beautiful Thing In The World Is The World Itself \'\'

  18. #38
    Member Huntsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    130
    Yes I have tireid but its not working brother, Green Jet even blocking PakGuns and other valid sites too as said earlier.

    anyway thank you for your help.

  19. #39
    Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Posts
    17,731
    Upart from unblock proxy. there is the 'colloquialy' named www.hidemyass.com


    However I prefer un block proxy.
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

  20. #40
    Lord of War chohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    KARACHI/ GUJARKHAN
    Posts
    817
    Whats the difference between Hoppe's "POWDER SOLVENT" and "Hoppe's no 9 SOlvent"????
    I am planning to buy one online, please let me know if it is the same thing or different:

    http://magiclamp.pk/productView.php?...arch=hoppe&s=1
    Don't forget your great guns, which are the most respectable arguments of the rights of kings.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •