Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Cleaning kits , Solvents , Oils

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hmd View Post
    Bro 1stranger have given you very good advise......
    Thanks brother
    This is how I learned to clean my first pistol . No You Tube at that time .
    Brother really? Are you so old.... ?
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

Shelf Life of PG Solvents .... ?

It was my first time making gun solvents as directed by 12 G & other PG members.

Problem is I have prepared it in bulk
    • 4 liters of PG - Solvent
    • 3 liters of PG - Lubricant
    Now I am curious to know about the half life / shelf life of these solvents as I think it is enough for a shooter like me for the next coming 20 years.

But would the Solvent & Lubricant last that long ?

Regards
    Last edited by cancer_doc; 19-10-2014 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cancer_doc View Post

Problem is I have prepared it in bulk
    • 4 liters of PG - Solvent
    • 3 liters of PG - Lubricant

Now I am curious to know about the half life / shelf life of these solvents as I think it is enough for a shooter like me for the next coming 20 years.

But would the Solvent & Lubricant last that long ?

Regards
    I know a very simple but secret process to exactly determine the half OR full life of anything which is in bulk or more than your requirement.

but that process requires half(at lest) of that you have,

so do you need my address?

Quote Originally Posted by Mian Jee View Post
    I know a very simple but secret process to exactly determine the half OR full life of anything which is in bulk or more than your requirement.

but that process requires half(at lest) of that you have,

so do you need my address?

So, Mian Jee you are making it half rather than half life of solvents . Anyhow I am more happy with full life rather than half life

Enthusiast
    bought tetra 1 ounce gun grease at rs 1600! Name:  T2eC16ZHJF0FFZlbQH0SBR4m_Wkn7g_60_57_large.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  49.5 KB

hi members bought some stuff today for my Pakistan visit I know hopes product is very difficult to find in Karachi and they sell very fast please tell the hopes prices with quantity because the one I bought in Canada is 473ml solvent for $9.27 , 284g oil in spray can for $10 .
    Attached Images Attached Images  

saw some more stuff for gun cleaning need some advice on this also is there any thing good to buy
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by might; 15-06-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Member Emeritus
    Yeah you bought very good stuff.. also buy Rem spray & oil.

Quote Originally Posted by might View Post
    hi members bought some stuff today for my Pakistan visit I know hopes product is very difficult to find in Karachi and they sell very fast please tell the hopes prices with quantity because the one I bought in Canada is 473ml solvent for $9.27 , 284g oil in spray can for $10 .
    Great, now just send me your arrival details, i really want that penetrating oil.

@Might, I am also interested in those items. You bring extra?
    Communist until you get rich; Feminist until you get married; Atheist until the airplane starts falling.

thanks for the reply guys it depends if I have space available in baggage I will definitely bring some extra and update you guys

I just posted these items to let you guys know how much profit shop keepers making in Pakistan in the name of branded products

Name:  Froglube.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  50.7 KB
    Was able to get my hands on this Froglube cleaning kit. It has excellent reviews online going to test it on my AR. It smells very good unlike any other I have used before. It has a lubricant paste, lubricant fluid, Solvet, cleaning brush (looks very good quality) and microfiber cloth. Nice to have it all in one packaging. Ive heard its the slickest lube in the market, lets see how it performs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhatti1965 View Post
    Was able to get my hands on this Froglube cleaning kit. It has excellent reviews online going to test it on my AR. It smells very good unlike any other I have used before. It has a lubricant paste, lubricant fluid, Solvet, cleaning brush (looks very good quality) and microfiber cloth. Nice to have it all in one packaging. Ive heard its the slickest lube in the market, lets see how it performs.
    Bro make sure to dry gun oil or completely rub it off with cloth before you do the initial application of frog lube . It's a very good product I use it on my guns .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

hmd im actually building the AR and all the parts are bone dry, so i will probably be lubricating them for the first time anyway but I will certainly clean them throughly off every contaminant.

hmd im actually building the AR and all the parts are bone dry, so i will probably be lubricating them for the first time anyway but I will certainly clean them throughly off every contaminant.
    Oh that's good bro it's a plus then .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

Congrats bro

@Bhatti1965,

Do they make it from real frogs?

Contrary to popular belief and practice, Paraffin Oil and 10W-30 engine oil have served me well.
    "There's no honor in giving up without a fight."

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Obaiyd View Post
    Contrary to popular belief and practice, Paraffin Oil and 10W-30 engine oil have served me well.
    Will have to try that..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com