Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun Cleaning kits , Solvents , Oils

Quote Originally Posted by cancer_doc View Post
    These bottles were purchased from the backside road ( the one which leads to camera market shop ) of Mayo Hospital Emergency Gate No.3 . There are two or three shops with good variety of these EMPTY bottles. They are on open display fully legal, cheap and anyone can purchase them.

Please dont get me wrong but .....

No way to get you wrong dr sb.

Please let me know if could find some bottles of "Royal Salute" at your next trip there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mian Jee View Post
    No way to get you wrong dr sb.

Please let me know if could find some bottles of "Royal Salute" at your next trip there.
    Actually I work at Mayo Hospital so these shops are just a street away and yes can get almost any brand bottle but may be available at one time and may not be at other.
    There are too many attractive shaped bottles in different designs that you would like to get one of them each.

Actually I work at Mayo Hospital so these shops are just a street away and yes can get almost any brand bottle but may be available at one time and may not be at other.
    There are too many attractive shaped bottles in different designs that you would like to get one of them each.
    slam doc,, on your next visit plz check if they have a stock of coffee jars with heavy sealed glass lids ,,if yes kindly ask the price ,, we used to get them from there in good old days ,,, lots of memories from there ,, used to live in the last house on left next to the door(if you face the door),,the kangi palm there were planted by me if they are still there ,,it was way back

Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    slam doc,, on your next visit plz check if they have a stock of coffee jars with heavy sealed glass lids ,,if yes kindly ask the price ,, we used to get them from there in good old days ,,, lots of memories from there ,, used to live in the last house on left next to the door(if you face the door),,the kangi palm there were planted by me if they are still there ,,it was way back
    Good to know that you belonged to that area, on my next visit I will definitely see for the plant and if it is still there will let you know and also upload a picture of it.

They do have a lot of chemical transparent glass jars with heavy glass caps ( sort of caps with a conical edge that actually drops into the mouth of jar by it's weight but does not seals it or you cannot tight it ).

In Shah Alam market just at its begining there are whole sale dealers of these things and you can easily get about 6 good quality jars in less than 150. I myself purchased very small , small and medium sized jars total 12 of them and paid only 120 Rs. each costing 10. In Shah Alam market prices are fixed and least you can get in atleast in Lahore they are whole sale dealers so cost will not be an issue.

On the other hand the shops close to Mayo Hospital charge a bit more but still not a lot, plus point is they have a huge variety of bottles

Regards

Lord of War
    Good one doc, like what you have there. I will give it a try once i run out of this one i have.

Its Caltex Lead free grease, and equal parts of Synthetic mobil oil and Steering Hydraulic oil, i used these to loosen up the consistancy of the grease and form a thin paste...for internal parts where greass cant be applied, i simply give it few drops of steering hydraulic oil....this grease works good on slide especially

Thanks ballixd for the picture share. I was also wondering as how to apply grease to slides as it is too thick.

Need to be made a bit thin but what is the best remedy for it i.e., mix it with what Diesel, Synthetic motor oil or something different ?

Regards

Lord of War
    Synthetic oil on its own would be enough but if you have some Hydraulic steering oil to spare mix that in too with equal parts......to apply it, use cotton ear buds...mobil oil will main lubricating properties better than disel that is why you mix it
    Thanks ballixd for the picture share. I was also wondering as how to apply grease to slides as it is too thick.

Need to be made a bit thin but what is the best remedy for it i.e., mix it with what Diesel, Synthetic motor oil or something different ?

Regards

@ cancer doc ,,, bro if you like tea (chai) there was a Habib chai store ,,down the road to food street ,,,try their tea they also had flavored tea ask from the milk shop or pan kokhas ,on crossing of bans road for habib's location ..... at that time i found it better than the branded tea brands ..

Quote Originally Posted by seeker View Post
    @ cancer doc ,,, bro if you like tea (chai) there was a Habib chai store ,,down the road to food street ,,,try their tea they also had flavored tea ask from the milk shop or pan kokhas ,on crossing of bans road for habib's location ..... at that time i found it better than the branded tea brands ..
    Brother you reminded of my House Job days 9 years back at that time we frequently used to go to Food Street after assisting surgeries at night. What golden time it was & it will never come back......
    Any how I will locate and taste it.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Glock17 View Post
    Don't tell me I gotta use Castrol's extended life coolant afterwards in a hot barrel
    lolz ... yeah, why not bro ... do post the results though ... and coolant will do wonders on the bluing as well ... will leave lovely arty discolouration patterns (camo style patterns doable too ya know) ... do give it a go
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1stranger View Post
    12Guage brother, may I ask couple of questions?

I presume yes
    By all means brother.

Ok, brother what do you mean by automotive Polish compound?
    Bro, Automotive polish compound is actually the "rubbing compound" which is used by painters. it comes in multiple grades from severe rubbing abilities to mild. I prefer the medium grade as it is light enough and results in a splendidly polished bore.

I want to ask that how if we use diesel instead of kerosene? Because I think (just a guess) kerosene will damage certain surfaces... so substituting diesel with kerosene make it a universal solvent and also gun paints will withstand it comfortably.
    Bro, I would not recommend diesel as it contains some extra spices which are not really useful for firearms. kerosene is as simple as it gets and its also a pretty mild solvent so I really see no advantage in using diesel.

if you still insist, you can use diesel but remember those added "spices" can do more harm than good.

Regards.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Quote Originally Posted by ballixd View Post
    Good one doc, like what you have there. I will give it a try once i run out of this one i have.

Its Caltex Lead free grease, and equal parts of Synthetic mobil oil and Steering Hydraulic oil, i used these to loosen up the consistancy of the grease and form a thin paste...for internal parts where greass cant be applied, i simply give it few drops of steering hydraulic oil....this grease works good on slide especially
    Bro, why don't you give "PG-Grease" a try. I've been using it for quiet a while now and I have yet to find a better gun grease out there.

Recipe: PG-Gun Grease

1. get some Liqui-moly "LM47" universal grease. it is available in NLGI-2 grade which is pretty thick for firearms use. any quality Lithium Soap based will also work.
    2. we need to convert it into an NLGI-0 or NLGI-1 grade. I prefer NLGI-0 which is roughly the equal to the consistency of Mayonnaise.
    3. one tea spoon at a time, mix fully synthetic Dexron-3 ATF with the grease in a bowl. keep adding more and stop when the Mayo type consistency is achieved.

Regards.
    4. store in a glass jar. label "PG-Grease"
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Need to know hoppes Universal gun Cleaning kit price n availability in any big city of Pakistan...
    Thanks.

a.o.a all. am in deep trouble.i went for hunting few days ago and the road/passae was as dusty and powdery as one can imagine and that too in dikhan . and I didn't have any case/cover on my gamo shadow, now the problem is, dust is inside, every lil spot I know or I didn't even think those lil places were actually in my gamo, now I want to clean it , and only thing I have access to is either kerosene oil, petrol, diesel, or desi sewingmching oil. I trust no mechanic out here to clean it for me and its my only jewel(other than my TT). GUIDE ME PLZ
    Jhapatna...Palatna...Palat kr jhaptna,
    Lahoo ko garmany ka hy ik bahana!!!

Expert Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mohsin.mashhadi View Post
    a.o.a all. am in deep trouble.i went for hunting few days ago and the road/passae was as dusty and powdery as one can imagine and that too in dikhan . and I didn't have any case/cover on my gamo shadow, now the problem is, dust is inside, every lil spot I know or I didn't even think those lil places were actually in my gamo, now I want to clean it , and only thing I have access to is either kerosene oil, petrol, diesel, or desi sewingmching oil. I trust no mechanic out here to clean it for me and its my only jewel(other than my TT). GUIDE ME PLZ
    Mohsin brother

I hope experts will answer you soon... However, IMO as you said its simple dust... (which means its dry particles)... then if you use any liquid on the gun... it will make a mixture of dust and liquid...which will stick to the parts... and it will be very hard to remove that specially in tight and small holes and areas...

So my advise will be to first clean the gun with dry cloth as much as you, then use pressurised/compressed air. Strat from one end and blow away the dust towards other end...also you can take out dust from small holes and parts by putting the nozzle on one end and let the dust blow out from the other side or opening...

Easy way to do this is getting a blower or if not available then go to any tire shop (Puncture/air filling) shop, they have compressed air amd you can easily blow out all the dirt very conveniently and quickly.

Plese note that you may need to dissemble your gun first. So take parts with you for better cleaning. .. once all the dust is blown off... then you may use oil or any other liquid for regular cleaning.

In Sha Allah it will work.

Regards
    Last edited by 1stranger; 03-10-2014 at 05:15 PM.
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

thank you so very much for such a detail answer 1st-Ranger bro. b b but am scared of opening my gun into piece and never reassembling it properly. and I don't trust any gunsmith;D. will try this anyways in-sha-Allah. wish me luck

Expert Member
    thank you so very much for such a detail answer 1st-Ranger bro. b b but am scared of opening my gun into piece and never reassembling it properly. and I don't trust any gunsmith;D. will try this anyways in-sha-Allah. wish me luck
    You are welcome brother...

Well I dont own an airgun...but I think it will be easy to dissamble and then assemble it.... however, if you are not confident in this, then I advise you not to do so... and just clean the gun by pressurized air.. without dissambling... Hopefully this will also help in cleaning it. Just try to focus on pushing out dirt/dust particles... which mean try to throw air from one direction and keep it going towards the other end. Repeat this a couple of times. And major portion of dry dust will be flown out. In Sha Allah.

May Allah SWT help you and you clean your gun without any problem. Aameen
    Islam began as something strange & will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers. (Muslim)

sum amen. thnx a lot 1st-ranger bhai
    Last edited by mohsin.mashhadi; 11-10-2014 at 03:44 PM.

sum amen. thnx a lot 1st-raner bhai
    Bro 1stranger have given you very good advise however you can take it to a gun smith and tell him to clean it you can sit with him and observe and ask if you don't understand any steps I guess you will be good to go after that on your own . This is how I learned to clean my first pistol . No You Tube at that time .
    If you seek peace prepare for war .

thank you hmd sir, really appreciate sharing simple but effective way to learn ;D