Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your review of the new 9mm POF Wah manufactured Handgun

@Chauhadry
    Out of curiosity, is the MOI license required? Is it possible to buy with a Punjab provincial license?
    In vestri nomen Imperator Invictus!

Member Extraordinaire Birdshooter007's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnab View Post
    @Chauhadry
    Out of curiosity, is the MOI license required? Is it possible to buy with a Punjab provincial license?
    Yes, it is possible to buy with a Punjab arms license, but that guy's location is Karachi (stated), for which he will need a MOI if he wills to come to Punjab (Wah) and buy it and then take it back home. Otherwise yes he can get a Punjab license, buy the gun, shoot some rounds, then dispose it off.

Ok, thanks bro!

Overall good gun compared to other local manufacturers, even more Good in its price. Internals looked clean finished, magazine finely finished, worked well n smooth. Now this was the one placed in TOSS Show and tested, i really doubt about their whole series perfection.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

I think the ultimate review will be a good ol' fashioned range review. If it performs even 75% compared to a PT92/99 then I guess it's definitely worth thew price. Otherwise, it's pretty useless, might as well add a few more bucks and get a good Chinese/Russian/Turkish handgun.

I think the ultimate review will be a good ol' fashioned range review. If it performs even 75% compared to a PT92/99 then I guess it's definitely worth thew price. Otherwise, it's pretty useless, might as well add a few more bucks and get a good Chinese/Russian/Turkish handgun.

I agree we really need a review,i wonder how good it is.I wanted an extra handgun and was thinking on the Canik in the 40K range,after seeing this gun in the toss show i thought why not be patriotic for a change?
    But will it be as good as a Canik?I havent much knowledge about either handgun but the Canik has an excellent reputation........
    \"Ye daulut bhee lai lo,ye shurat bhee lai lau
    bhalay cheen lo mujsay meri jawaani
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

@Nazim Sahib
    Canik's are simply AMAZING! I own a Piranha-F and just love it. It's accurate, reliable, no stoppages, well built and gives you good bang for the buck. A Canik is one of those handguns which you should buy with your eyes closed! For something between 40K-50K, a Canik is DEFINITELY the way to go!

@Ahnab thx for the info.To be very honest I have never used a Canik and wouldnt know which to get!There are so many!and going to there website confused me more!
    For conceal carry which do you think would be best?
    I carry a Makarov for conceal carry and have made up my mind on getting a CZ 999,but i also want an extra handgun and had decided on the Canik untill i saw the Wah made 9mm pistol.
    Thank you.
    *MAGAR*
    Muj ko Lauta do wo bijli,wo ata,wo chawal,wo roti,wo cheeni,wo pani Bhalay cheen lo mujsai meri jawani\"

@Nazim Sahib
    My pleasure sir! Always glad to help! For conceal carry, get the Shark-C or the Piranha-C; they're THE best CC/compact 9mm out there for less than 50K. The Piranha-C is a little hard to get, so go for the Shark-C instead. It's specs are identical to the CZ-75 Compact, only frame differs. For a full frame, I'd suggest getting either the Piranha-F (Canik55's version of the CZ-75 SP01 or CZ-97), the Dolphin (Canik55's version of the stock CZ-75) or the Shark-F. I wouldn't recommend the Stingray simply because it's VERY heavy; where all the Caniks have aluminum construction, the Stingray (despite having ambidextrous controls and a loaded chamber indicator) is made of steel, making it extremely heavy. All in all, ANY Canik is an excellent buy; they're all based on the tried & true CZ-75 family, have a robust construction with and are worth every penny!

Where r u PG experts ?
    Please put some light on POF manufactured 9mm.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier786 View Post
    Where r u PG experts ?
    Please put some light on POF manufactured 9mm.
    Any body can post the POF 9mm catalogue
    Its very strange that the members are still discussing about the POF 9mm handgun without knowing complete technical specifications and POF catalogue

@Nazim Sahib
    My pleasure sir! Always glad to help! For conceal carry, get the Shark-C or the Piranha-C; they're THE best CC/compact 9mm out there for less than 50K. The Piranha-C is a little hard to get, so go for the Shark-C instead. It's specs are identical to the CZ-75 Compact, only frame differs. For a full frame, I'd suggest getting either the Piranha-F (Canik55's version of the CZ-75 SP01 or CZ-97), the Dolphin (Canik55's version of the stock CZ-75) or the Shark-F. I wouldn't recommend the Stingray simply because it's VERY heavy; where all the Caniks have aluminum construction, the Stingray (despite having ambidextrous controls and a loaded chamber indicator) is made of steel, making it extremely heavy. All in all, ANY Canik is an excellent buy; they're all based on the tried & true CZ-75 family, have a robust construction with and are worth every penny!

Wow thx Ahnab you pretty much summed up what i couldnt understand for ages lol.
    I used to think there was only 1 Canik but after visiting there website i really got confused.Your lucky you live in Lahore you have the best variety at your doorstep.
    Anyway i hope someone sheds some light over there POF handgun soon so i can decide whch is better.I doubt it would surpass the Canik but lets not underestimate POF so quickly.
    What are your views?
    Thx
    *MAGAR*

@Nazim Sahib
    I actually went through a fairly long process before settling on the Piranha-F. Initially, I had also considered getting the CF-98 or the NZ-85 (Norinco's version of the CZ-85B), but eventually decided on the Canik due to it's superior construction and general availability. Frankly, I'm glad I went the Canik way; it's an absolutely brilliant gun! I think, IMHO, you should come down to Lahore for a weekend and checkout the dealers here.

I agree, about time we got a decent range review of PoF's new handgun; if Caracal Pakistan can offer their wares for a torture test and indepth review, PoF should definitely do the same.

@Ahnab,
    Thank you for your fast reply.When i first joined Pakguns i had thought a Sarsilmaz CM9 was perfect for me.After reading and evaluating veryones oppinion(everyone here was extremelly helpfull) i decided that a CZ999 would be a perfect self defence handgun for me.
    But everyones veiw on the Canik so far has been flawless.Everyone has great things to say about it.
    I am planning on making a trip v soon.I am currently(and for quite a while) been waiting on my licenses to get made inshallah i hope it gets done soon.
    I am trying to post pics of the POF handgun but am unable to do so
    I even took 2 of it disassembled would be nice to show here.
    And yes i agree it would be lovely if someone gave it a good old fashioned review.
    *MAGAR*

Picsa of the new POF 9mm handgun.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    *MAGAR*

The POF 9mm handgun disassembled pics of the top slide.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    *MAGAR*

Nazim Sb, thanks for the long awaited pic's.
    please post some more if you have.
    Guns are awesome, if you disagree, kill yourself with a knife.

nazim sb what is price and is this only available at wah outlet or some dealers have

Quote Originally Posted by ajmal virk View Post
    nazim sb what is price and is this only available at wah outlet or some dealers have
    Availability is at Wah only (Wah Industries Limited). Has some asked the POF/WIL representative about the year of manufacturing of this handgun?
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

this is really a beautifull peice but how much wold it cost