Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .222 bullets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Anyone knows the price of .222 bullets?either russain or chines?
    \'\' The Most Beautiful Thing In The World Is The World Itself \'\'

Blog Entries
    I guess as new member you haven't quite read the emboldened letters on our homepage! No P.B. stuff here!
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

sorry yar but i have licence of that.and i didnt know that .222 is also a prohabited bore

Enthusiast
    bolt action .222 rifles are not NPB! in any case if anyone knows the price i'd be interested in knowing. down to my last 15 .222 rounds....

.222 ranges from 60-70 pkr here in psh
    Bullets change government far sure than votes

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure, but I THINK, and correct me if I'm wrong, but even Bolt actions come under P.B. It does at least for my 30-06, that I seek to have transferred from my father's name to mine. I think it has got to do with the caliber, not Bolt or auto-fire. Find out plz, as this would easify my transferring process, too. Thanx.
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage, than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.

"Take your time and deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking, and go in. "

Sajjad Ali,.222 is a PB.and PB discussion is not allowed here.

Enthusiast
    guys since my 222 is on a NPB license i just cannot agree that its a NPB. plus its registered with the police, the Home Deptt and the DCO. wonder why with all of this there is still confusion tat it is anything but a NPB given it is a bolt action.

also, there would be npo hunting if only 22's were npb

.222 is on NPB. I have mine on NPB
    Bullets change government far sure than votes

Actually the .222 in reality is a hunting round for small game and is for use in rifles such as the 222 Remington. In Pakistan the confusion stems from the fact that we call the AK-74 round (which is 5.45x39) as .222. If you were to try and load a AK-74 with real .222 ammunition then it would not work. Understand that the difference is that 5.45 is a measurement in Millimeters and the same when converted into inches comes around to .222 caliber. However the bullet fit etc would be different for a .222 Remington and a 5.45mm AK-74 round.

In Pakistan, when you ask for 222 ammunition what you are actually getting is the AK-74 5.45x39 round. If you ask for 222 Remington rounds you would be able to find those are different from the above. :)
    \"The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, \"Go Away\" in every language.\"
    \"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.\"
    \"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.\" -Jeff Cooper
    \"In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.\"

thank you very much fearless.Actually i was finding ak74 ammo.

I agree with Fearless, the .222 Remington and the Russian .222 are different rounds, i was shown the difference yesterday by a friendly gun dealer ......

BTW, it is now clear that all big bores including .222 , .223 , 7 mm , 30-06 etc can be purchased on a NPB license here in Sindh provided the rifle is "Bolt Action" ...............

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aamar
    I agree with Fearless, the .222 Remington and the Russian .222 are different rounds, i was shown the difference yesterday by a friendly gun dealer ......

BTW, it is now clear that all big bores including .222 , .223 , 7 mm , 30-06 etc can be purchased on a NPB license here in Sindh provided the rifle is "Bolt Action" ...............

It is?? :o??
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aamar
    Can someone please verify the above with an authentic source? If this is correct does the same apply to Punjab and Ministry of Interior Licenses (All Pakistan licenses)?
    \"The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says, \"Go Away\" in every language.\"
    \"Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.\"
    \"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.\" -Jeff Cooper
    \"In God we trust. Everyone else, keep your hands where I can see them.\"

I thought MOI licenses had the same rules all over the country..
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Enthusiast
    As long as it is bolt-action, you can have any calibre you like.

rs 85 each

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind View Post
    rs 85 each
    Wow those were tje gppd old days.. But what is the price now?

200 per pop, Karachi.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    the .222 is not PB it is a Remington hunting cartridge. The military round used by the Russians and the Chin Com block is 5.45x 39 but some smart people coined the name tripple two for it to dodge the PB issue.
    Please hence forth all members are requested to check for themselves the correct nomenclature and hence forth call this cartridge by its correct name. Five point Four Five into Thirty Nine. or just 545 for short
    JU