Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5 things you must not do with gun for your and others Safety...???

5 things you must not do with gun for your and others Safety...???

Please as per your experience share important things for safety

Double check that the chamber is empty on a Glock before pulling the trigger in order to disassemble it.

In shotguns make sure that the barrel doesn't have a smaller shell lodged in it before loading it.

Make sure you are using the correct or compatible ammo in your firearm.

Always know whats beyond your target.

Don't point at anything you don't want to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by atifzaka View Post
    Please as per your experience share important things for safety

1) dont use scratched ammo
    2) do not give the gun to that person which is new
    3) dont carry loaded gun
    4) do not try to catch the dropping weapon
    5) do not place the finger on trigger.
    """"".WEAPON."""""
    ..Toys for Big Boys..

A.O.A, American lockpeker & Canik: Rightly summed it up, what we need is to repeat them now or then.
    A horse gallops with his lungs, perseveres with his heart and wins with his character.

1. always keep gun pointing in a safe direction.
    2. always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
    3. know your target and what is beyond.
    4. use only correct ammunition for your gun.
    5. keep guns away from children and untrained individuals.

Enthusiast
    1. Make sure the chamber is empty
    2. Never ever point ur gun to any one even in the joke
    3. Always watch where u r shooting.
    4. Always use the specified ammo for the gun mentioned.
    5. SPECIALLY keep out of reaches of Childrens.

and there are many more but u ask for 5 only.
    The CROWN of every achivement....

Enthusiast
    1.Do not involve yourself in Aerial Firing and discourage others too.
    2.Do not allow your weapon for examining, dry firing and pointing towards each other within a group of friends.
    3.Do not carry your weapon when you are extremely angry or upset.
    4.Do not feel yourself a super human while carrying weapon.
    5.Do not forget that Bullet does not differentiate between a friend or foe...

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunter View Post
    2.Do not allow your weapon for examining, dry firing and pointing towards each other within a group of friends.
    very useful tips as most of pakistani gun owners do exactly these sort of blunders...........

for further instruction please watch the personal shooting coach on youtube.I find that gentleman very helpful when it comes to safety...

ALWAYS treat ALL firearms as if they were loaded regardless of anything.
    Arma potentius aequum!

In double barrel shotguns, Never forget to relock or break the chamber after firing one. I have done this mistake many times and them think of it that it was very harmful. When I hit my target I forget the second barrel is also chambered. So either you make it a habit to re lock or Eject the empty cartridge so that it gets lock automatically. I made the later my habit

@Wolf Hunter i agree with you dear you did great work i am agree with you

Member Extraordinaire ajmal virk's Avatar
    one thing is missing "keep children and gun both away from each other".

Quote Originally Posted by Canik View Post
    1) dont use scratched ammo
    2) do not give the gun to that person which is new
    3) dont carry loaded gun
    4) do not try to catch the dropping weapon
    5) do not place the finger on trigger.
    Quote Originally Posted by babaz7 View Post
    1. always keep gun pointing in a safe direction.
    2. always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
    3. know your target and what is beyond.
    4. use only correct ammunition for your gun.
    5. keep guns away from children and untrained individuals.
    Quote Originally Posted by bestmagician83 View Post
    1. Make sure the chamber is empty
    2. Never ever point ur gun to any one even in the joke
    3. Always watch where u r shooting.
    4. Always use the specified ammo for the gun mentioned.
    5. SPECIALLY keep out of reaches of Childrens.

and there are many more but u ask for 5 only.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Hunter View Post
    thanks brothers
    The first mistake of weapon. May be the last mistake of life.

Banned
    5 things do with a gun:

1. don't carry a gun unless it necessary
    2. don't carry a gun even if its necessary (unless its a DIRE need, impressing your girl or coming back from an ATM machine aren't counted dire)
    3. if you are carrying one you should not never pull it out
    4. if you do pull out a gun make sure you shoot some one
    5. if you do shoot some one make sure you don't stick around for the cops to come in

Quote Originally Posted by Wajahat View Post
    5 things do with a gun:

1. don't carry a gun unless it necessary
    2. don't carry a gun even if its necessary (unless its a DIRE need, impressing your girl or coming back from an ATM machine aren't counted dire)
    3. if you are carrying one you should not never pull it out
    4. if you do pull out a gun make sure you shoot some one
    5. if you do shoot some one make sure you don't stick around for the cops to come in
    Dear Wajahat Bro,
    I hope to God u dont seriously mean points 4 and 5, dont mind me saying this but its not even funny.

Regards.
    Guns will make us powerful; butter will only make us fat. Hermann Wilhelm Goering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamranwali View Post
    Dear Wajahat Bro,
    I hope to God u dont seriously mean points 4 and 5, dont mind me saying this but its not even funny.

Regards.
    Dear Kamranwali

i totally agree with wajahat on point 4 and 5. In karachi when someone with a firearm in infront of you and you pull out your weapon, u MUST shoot.. if not then u will get shot... otherswise dont pull out your weapon at all... u just cant threaten someone with a firearm and then smile and leave... if a badass cutthroat is infront of you u think twice before pulling ur weapon out.. if you do you use it (for point 4)

for point 5.. honestly kamranwali will you really want to hand yourself to a policeman chances of whom being corrupt in karachi are like 95%... jokes apart he is right IF you have no choice u should injure your attacker and then run from that area.. period
    One man with a gun can control 100 without one - Lenin

Banned
    Dear members, (kamran and tank)

brothers i am a very straight forward guy, unfortunately the only education i have had in life is from the streets, i take guns very seriously, i do not joke about them.

let me briefly explain the 4 and 5 :

in ancient times my father once gave me a stern lecture because i was 12 i got jumped by around 20 odd guys and them fools beat me knickers off in front of my girl friend, partly because i was young and inspired by too many movies, i took my dad's revolver to school next day and before i know it, i was suspended from school and my gf's father made it a point that i never get to see her again, i was under the impression that dad would beat the living crap out of me which he didn't (unlike his nature) instead he invited me to talk to him man to man, the only thing i remember in the whole conversation which even now echos in my head was that "Son! make it a point in your life, death before disgrace, next time you pull a gun make sure you shoot some one, otherwise you should be strong enough to fend off whatever it is that you are up against without using one", see kamran, he instilled courage and honor in me, any numskull can carry or display a gun, it takes a whole lot of man to point it at some one point blank, so close that you can see the whites of his eyes, and shoot them, if you are strong enough you would never need to have a simple fist fight over road rage or a guy hitting on your girl, ever turn in to a gun fight, the latest example is the shahzeb murder case, where these BURGER bachas could have just kicked the poor chap around but instead they acted stupidly, it takes character and valor to categorize things in life, not every fight has to result in a hail of gun fire. i am a survivor, i do not believe in displaying weapons or pulling them out randomly, the last time i used a gun was at a firing range, this was almost a year ago, i do not support Ariel firing whether pakistan beats india or its a wedding, its dangerous, dumb and disastrous, having said so, being a karachite and having weapons, it takes alot of self control to make sure that i do not indulge in to all this, we all have nosy friends, who make it their business to get you into trouble, but with guns, its all serious stuff, one mistake can cost you your life or worse some one else's. these are my principals and i have worked really hard for so many years to make sure that i do not become the person i hate.
    Last edited by Wajahat; 14-01-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Banned
    as for point number 5, the only thing i can tell you, come to karachi, rent a place or get a house, fire your gun a couple of times, call Madadgar 15 (cops) and tell them that you had some one trying to break into your house and that you had to use a gun, you'll get to know what i am talking about! i am not a deviant nor a lunatic, i do not enjoy violence i am just a very practical ordinary decent citizen.

Cheers!

Agreed with Wajahat Bhai, and add this to it;
    My father (may Allah SWT bless his soul and give him an elevated place in Jannah) said to me after a similar incident as with Wajahat bhai. He said be vigilant of someone showing off a weapon or carrying a weapon openly BUT have utmost respect for someone not displaying it openly BECAUSE when that person pulls it out he will mean business. I used to live in Karachi (20 years ago) and had a close encounter with Karachi police (may my enemies always encounter them lol), They tried everything to blame a gun on me, and it was only my Father's connections that saved me.

I pray that we never have to use a weapon on another human being. Ameen. But if you do, Shoot to kill, or at-least seriously maim.

regards
    Riz
    1. Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless. 2. Forgive your Enemies - NOTHING Annoys them more.