Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3038394041 LastLast

Thread: New to PakGuns ? Have a Question ? Find your Answer here !

Member Emeritus Enigmatic Desires's Avatar
    Greetings Mr. Jimmy
    "Keep a complete control over your Temper and Anger because I never found anything more beneficial at the end and producing more good results then such a control" Hazrat Ali (A.S) tz.enigmatic@gmail.com

Aoa needed complete assembly disassembly video of cf98. Not field strip but complete strip pls
    Its not the gun but the man behind the gun that matters

Quote Originally Posted by makarov9x18 View Post
    Aoa needed complete assembly disassembly video of cf98. Not field strip but complete strip pls
    why would you want to do that ?

just clean with field stripping.
    Keep Calm & Carry One

Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hira Khan View Post
    Hellow everyone. I am Hira and i am new here.
    Hello and welcome to Pakguns. Stay blessed.

Question

Hello people, I hope you all are doing great. I have been reading your posts from 2017 but never commented( I don't really know if I am writing in the correct section or not). I like weapons a little but I don't have one and I have never used one. Is there anyone who could give me an idea of where to start? I am living in Islamabad. Please be kind, I am a bit confused to talk with people who already know much. Plus, I am a girl and a student and my family does not even use the word gun at home. I hope you get it ��

Hey good to see that we have female users as well. Welcome to PakGuns Forum. Being girl and having weapon is unique but not out of this world. But the main problem is getting Arms license now adays and it's a dream only uptill now. I'll prefer to do research as much as you can from PakGuns. There are many weapons that a girl can have which should be small in size so that you can carry it in your bag. Else Users from Isl will guide you more regarding acquiring Isl Arms License.
    Quote Originally Posted by andleeb View Post
    Hello people, I hope you all are doing great. I have been reading your posts from 2017 but never commented( I don't really know if I am writing in the correct section or not). I like weapons a little but I don't have one and I have never used one. Is there anyone who could give me an idea of where to start? I am living in Islamabad. Please be kind, I am a bit confused to talk with people who already know much. Plus, I am a girl and a student and my family does not even use the word gun at home. I hope you get it 😄

In my opinion it would be easier if you can find a friend/cousin who themselves or a sibling of their owns firearms and join them on shooting sessions of theirs. Use your family and friends network for this. This way you can get your feet wet without spending a fortune and spending too much time in obtaining government paperwork and approvals. Then you can decide if you want to take the next step. The exact details of a plan to do this will depend upon your purpose (sport,fun,protection...)
    Another very good way to get into this is to purchase an airgun or air pistol that shoots pellets and are much safer and easier and cheaper to use. This is the natural progression for most experienced shooters, hunters out there. I learned to shoot my airgun first and continue to practice to this day despite owning multiple firearms because it is cheaper, convenient and can be done at home. It is safer because even if there is an accident (may Allah forbid) usually the gravity is much less than that of firearm accidents.
    A beginners chinese airgun can be found in the range of Rs 4,000-8,000 Spanish ones(slightly better quality) in Rs 12,000-18,000 and high quality pellets at Rs .5 to Rs 4 each.
    Compare this to Rs 50,000 to 150,000 for a gun and Rs 50-200 for each bullet and the paper work and time etc.
    So take small steps to start and youtube is your best friend to learn shooting techniques. You can always ask anything here. No question is too dumb to ask.
    Last edited by H Panni; 08-03-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by H Panni View Post
    In my opinion it would be easier if you can find a friend/cousin who themselves or a sibling of their owns firearms and join them on shooting sessions of theirs. Use your family and friends network for this. This way you can get your feet wet without spending a fortune and spending too much time in obtaining government paperwork and approvals. Then you can decide if you want to take the next step. The exact details of a plan to do this will depend upon your purpose (sport,fun,protection...)
    Another very good way to get into this is to purchase an airgun or air pistol that shoots pellets and are much safer and easier and cheaper to use. This is the natural progression for most experienced shooters, hunters out there. I learned to shoot my airgun first and continue to practice to this day despite owning multiple firearms because it is cheaper, convenient and can be done at home. It is safer because even if there is an accident (may Allah forbid) usually the gravity is much less than that of firearm accidents.
    A beginners chinese airgun can be found in the range of Rs 4,000-8,000 Spanish ones(slightly better quality) in Rs 12,000-18,000 and high quality pellets at Rs .5 to Rs 4 each.
    Compare this to Rs 50,000 to 150,000 for a gun and Rs 50-200 for each bullet and the paper work and time etc.
    So take small steps to start and youtube is your best friend to learn shooting techniques. You can always ask anything here. No question is too dumb to ask.
    .........+1
    "morior invictus" (Death before defeat )

Hello people, I hope you all are doing great. I have been reading your posts from 2017 but never commented( I don't really know if I am writing in the correct section or not). I like weapons a little but I don't have one and I have never used one. Is there anyone who could give me an idea of where to start? I am living in Islamabad. Please be kind, I am a bit confused to talk with people who already know much. Plus, I am a girl and a student and my family does not even use the word gun at home. I hope you get it ��
    Arms liscences are currently open in Islamabad, which are being issued by the D.C office to the general public. But I would advise you to find a male relative or friend willing to do the foot work for you and to deal with all the B.S and khuwari involved, during the procedure for obtaining an arms liscence.
    Last edited by malik94; 08-03-2019 at 06:24 PM.

Hello Hira, nice to see you.

That is a very good suggestion, thank you so much. There is only one problem and that is I don't have a friend or family who could help me in this regards. I'll research it a little and then I'll catch you for any question or suggestion. Thank you so much, it was a kind and quick response.

Thank you so much, nice to see you. If you have a suggestion, I would love to hear you.

I am not from Islamabad, I am currently living here. Can I apply for the license here? Or should I go back to my city?

I am not from Islamabad, I am currently living here. Can I apply for the license here? Or should I go back to my city?
    You can get one made from Islamabad, if you have proof that you reside here i.e current or permanent address of Islamabad on nic, ownership of property, or rental agreement. Otherwise liscences are open in K-P and Balochistan, closed in Sindh and don't know about the current situation in Punjab, but were still closed untill recently.
    If you are eligible for a Islamabad liscence, then the procedure is mentioned in detail, in the following thread.
    http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...et-ICT-license

Salam everyone
    Highly irrelevant.
    iím new here. How do I publish an article or start a thread ?

Quote Originally Posted by AliTahir View Post
    Salam everyone
    Highly irrelevant.
    i’m new here. How do I publish an article or start a thread ?
    Name:  Screenshot_20190308_203405.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  46.9 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20190308_203243.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  54.9 KB

Thank You Sir, that was very helpful.

Oh, thank you so much. I am from KP so it won't be a problem for me.

H Panni, can you sugguest me an air pistol? That is handy and where can I get it in Islamabad?