Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting The Most Out Of Your Baikal O/U Shotgun- Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Mian-50 View Post
    I have moved to one stage up which is JOINTING A WHOLE NEW WOOD BLANK FROM GRIP TO REAR, Still working to get one right.
    That is super sweet sir. I think I have seen such a device while surfing on the internet and I believe it offered unlimited adjustability. thats cool sir.

kindly share diagrams, they say "two heads are better than one"

Regards.
    "The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave."
    James Burgh, Political Disquisitions, 1774

Brother 12-gauge,

Still purchasing some TOOLS and wasting lot of wood for a REAL PROJECT.

http://

These are regular alterations without finish and I need to know about following
    before I incorporate WALNUT.

Wood Staining.
    Chequering.
    Rubbed oil finishing.
    Last edited by Mian-50; 10-07-2011 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mian-50 View Post
    http://

These are regular alterations without finish and I need to know about following
    before I incorporate WALNUT.

Wood Staining.
    Chequering.
    Rubbed oil finishing.
    good job mian sb. keep it up. i'm truly impressed.

as far as checkering is concerned, once can (infact should) resort to laser engraving (commonly available these days) its far more neat and the result is simply amazing. most low-mid range shotgun manufacturers have completely shifted their setup to laser checkering.

As far as staining is concerned, birchwood casey walnut stain is commonly available (PKR 1000-1500) and similarly birchwood casey tru-oil is also available at around same price. from what I have experienced, not every wood needs a stain. some go beautiful after just a few coats of tru-oil without any stain involved. the best test is to take a sample wood to a buffing machine and as him to buff it to a mirror shine then use a drop of tru-oil and rub it in using your finger. if you like the color of wet (undried) oil, you do not need to stain it. otherwise stain, sand, stain before tru-oil, sand, tru-oil, tru-oil.

Regards.
    Last edited by 12GAUGE; 16-07-2011 at 10:30 AM.

nice work really good
    The source of Evil is the Lack of Good.

Quote Originally Posted by 12GAUGE View Post
    you are right sir. when I was getting the stock cut, my heart practically jumped up to my throat. the most difficult operation was counter sinking the 0.50 inch aluminum bushing in the the belly of the comb. a slight misalignment in the bushing holes and the steel posts would have caused the whole project to fail.

seating the bushing inside the counter sink was another big hurdle. to ensure proper alignment, I made a collar by first drilling an underside pilot hole then using larger dia bit to drill half way through (length of the bushing). remember the comb piece thickness is just 1 inch so if I screw up, I would have ended up in totally destroying the comb piece.

another hurdle was to drill the hole, seat the bushing then using some sort of an epoxy to set it in place for good. but since I am never satisfied with commonly available epoxies over here, I opted to under size the hole and tap the bushing into place. this way the oversize bushing will go inside an underside hole and will be permanently stuck in place. i was worried as hell if the wacking the bushing with a hammer would cause the comb to crack and destroy it. plus, the bushing is made out of aluminum i didn't knew how it would behave under repeated stress of a hammer strike.

Regards.
    great n tough plan ...looking vry good . im afraid i cant do this craftsmanship. Some weeks back i coined a simple solution that make my cheek exactly fit on right line ..... im happy, but its not as good as this comb solution. My solution only facilitates me but this adjustable comb works alot .... looks also amplified ... gooooooooooooood

Expert Member
    no words for you 12gauge.
    I am in many ways name less, many ways shame less, I can be the purest soul with evil as my goal, I can be the story untold.

That's why You are 12Gauge sir. MashAllah.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Banned
    good pictures.
    Last edited by 12GAUGE; 02-08-2011 at 08:28 PM.

@ main ch
    sir what about the effort 12 gauge made in this pictures
    Always Believe in GOD............. Because......... There are some Questions in Grave That can not be Answerd by GOOGLE.

gr8 work..... but what about cost ??????????????

Quote Originally Posted by alimirza View Post
    gr8 work..... but what about cost ??????????????

cost of the whole project would be somewhere in the vicinity of 7-8K. depending upon how much you spend while getting the adjustable comb kit. installation shouldn't cost more than 1K.

Regards.

12Gauga awesome bro.
    -------It,s Always Better To Have A Gun And Not Need It.Then Need A Gun And Not Have It.------

Good after noon
    Please tell me your complete address and phone number i want your some help
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raja Farooq View Post
    Good after noon
    Please tell me your complete address and phone number i want your some help
    Thanks

would you like some CNIC Numbers, Social Security Numbers, Passport Numbers, Family Numbers (Nadra issued) and Credit Card Numbers as well?

lols!

anyways, you dont need anybody's complete address and phone number to ask any question here bro. just ask whatever you heart desires. with a reasonable set of parameters ofcourse.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by 12GAUGE View Post
    would you like some CNIC Numbers, Social Security Numbers, Passport Numbers, Family Numbers (Nadra issued) and Credit Card Numbers as well?

lols!

anyways, you dont need anybody's complete address and phone number to ask any question here bro. just ask whatever you heart desires. with a reasonable set of parameters ofcourse.

Regards.
    @12Guage bro

Lols.......

Mr 12 Gauge
    Ap ko galat fahami ho gaye hay mein samja ap ki shop wagara hay to mein visit kar lon
    thanks

MOD EDIT: Disrespect of any member will not be tolerated at any expense and kindly use forum's official language. you may consider this your first and last warning and kindly allow me to very clearly and humbly assure you that PAKGUNS WILL HAVE NO REGRETS IN BANNING YOU PERMANENTLY.

Regards.
    Last edited by 12GAUGE; 16-11-2012 at 01:02 PM.

Mr 12 Gauge
    Ap ko galat fahami ho gaye hay mein samja ap ki shop wagara hay to mein visit kar lon
    thanks

MOD EDIT: Disrespect of any member will not be tolerated at any expense and kindly use forum's official language. you may consider this your first and last warning and kindly allow me to very clearly and humbly assure you that PAKGUNS WILL HAVE NO REGRETS IN BANNING YOU PERMANENTLY.

Regards.
    Bro, I am sorry if you mistakingly took us for some firearm dealers. kindly allow me to assure you that we are also a bunch of firearm enthusiasts (just like your good self) who like to discuss whatever they are passionate about.

Regards.

Mr 12 Gauge
    thanks

Aa JAO BHAI JAAN "BANDOOKAN TEY PASTOLAN DEE SALE LAG GAYEE JAY"

BAIKAL 153 (600,000) per Dozen)
    Baikal O/U (800,000) " " )
    CZ TS (1680,000 " " )
    Baikal 9mm (600,000 " " )
    Beretta 686 (3600,000 " " )
    SIG X-6 9mm (6000000 " " )
    Beretta-A400 (2760,000 " " )

For all gun repair jobs ,customers have to post pictures and details of all malfunctions,shooting
    problems

Mod Edit: Posting anything for sale is not allowed here; please refrain from psoting such offers.
    Last edited by Denovo87; 21-11-2012 at 06:26 PM.