Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Review: Dan Wesson Valor .45 ACP

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgepacker View Post
    As you guys probably know by now, I have an opinion on just about everything when it comes to guns... so why should Dan Wesson be an exception

First of all, no disrespect to current owners and fans, but I never liked DW 1911's. I understand if the market lacks alternatives, but if there was a choice, I would never have one. Aside from the few I've seen here on PG, I don't even know anyone who owns one, and if one just fell in my lap, I would honestly just sell it without even shooting it. Here's my issue: I see their jumping on the 1911 bandwagon merely as a desperate attempt to save the company from financial distress. They did not set out with the sole purpose of trying to make the best 1911, unlike a "real" top tier 1911 manufacturer. Revolvers had always been their specialty, it was their foundation, and their history; yet they totally lost focus and all but gave up on that part of the business. A horrible decision if you ask me, but that was just one of many bad decisions that led to the company going bankrupt; not once... but twice, and almost a third time! That is why CZUSA came along bought them out. With a record like that, it's hard enough just to have respect for the company, to have confidence in the products they build is beyond me. Anyways, IMHO there are a lot of better 1911's for the same or even less money, and instead of worrying about no more DW's, I think dealers in Pak should focus on getting brands like Springfield, Ruger, and Sig Sauer. If Glocks are making their way over, I don't see why that couldn't be possible.
    The way I see it, just like in plane rides, there are 4 levels in the 1911 world. These are my favorites in each class:
    Economy - Norinco
    Business - Remington
    First Class - Kimber
    Private Jet - Nighthawk

As always, just my $0.02... what's yours?
    you have a problem with most of the guns kidding, no offense intended

now my question is why would you sell a gun without even testing it? i mean they may be going through financial problems but that doesnt mean that they manufacture sub standard guns

Just my Rs. 0.02

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by colt 1911 View Post
    you have a problem with most of the guns kidding, no offense intended

now my question is why would you sell a gun without even testing it? i mean they may be going through financial problems but that doesnt mean that they manufacture sub standard guns

Just my Rs. 0.02
    I know, I know... I'm just not into the brand. I will admit though, I would love to get my hands on one their PPC revolvers.
    Last edited by Fudgepacker; 16-08-2014 at 01:23 AM.

The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.
    (Thomas Jefferson)

Expert Member
    Hey FUDGE, to which class you will send USGI Colts, Cargo I Guess

Supreme Member

Not into antiques, but I can appreciate those old things as a piece of history
    Last edited by Fudgepacker; 16-08-2014 at 10:51 AM.

(Thomas Jefferson)

Expert Member
    but mine still shoots batter than my Taurus.

As you guys probably know by now, I have an opinion on just about everything when it comes to guns... so why should Dan Wesson be an exception

First of all, no disrespect to current owners and fans, but I never liked DW 1911's. I understand if the market lacks alternatives, but if there was a choice, I would never have one. Aside from the few I've seen here on PG, I don't even know anyone who owns one, and if one just fell in my lap, I would honestly just sell it without even shooting it. Here's my issue: I see their jumping on the 1911 bandwagon merely as a desperate attempt to save the company from financial distress. They did not set out with the sole purpose of trying to make the best 1911, unlike a "real" top tier 1911 manufacturer. Revolvers had always been their specialty, it was their foundation, and their history; yet they totally lost focus and all but gave up on that part of the business. A horrible decision if you ask me, but that was just one of many bad decisions that led to the company going bankrupt; not once... but twice, and almost a third time! That is why CZUSA came along bought them out. With a record like that, it's hard enough just to have respect for the company, to have confidence in the products they build is beyond me. Anyways, IMHO there are a lot of better 1911's for the same or even less money, and instead of worrying about no more DW's, I think dealers in Pak should focus on getting brands like Springfield, Ruger, and Sig Sauer. If Glocks are making their way over, I don't see why that couldn't be possible.
    The way I see it, just like in plane rides, there are 4 levels in the 1911 world. These are my favorites in each class:
    Economy - Norinco
    Business - Remington
    First Class - Kimber
    Private Jet - Nighthawk

As always, just my $0.02... what's yours?
    And where do you rate Colt and Taurus?
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Well at least we didn't get them at overpriced rates like Glock. A 2000$ Dn Wesson is sold at 250K, isn't bad though.
    Remember the first rule of gunfighting ... have a gun.

Member Emeritus
    Now I am waiting for the DSA 1911.

Dont know y its not available in khi
    an armed society is a polite society.(Robert A. Heinlein):.jhb)

Supreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmad View Post
    but mine still shoots batter than my Taurus.
    I'm not surprised, I know a lot of people with those old 45's, they're loose, they rattle, but still shoot like a dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz View Post
    And where do you rate Colt and Taurus?
    Colts would be a first class gun.
    Whereas Id have to say Taurus are like a economy class ticket during high season
    I know they're highly regarded in Pak, however I consider them economy because even though they are a little more expensive than Norinco's and are finished nicer, the Norc's are known for the quality of their frames and forged parts whereas Taurus uses MIM(metal injection molded) parts. Also, see the comment above
    Last edited by Fudgepacker; 17-08-2014 at 12:43 PM.

(Thomas Jefferson)

I'm not surprised, I know a lot of people with those old 45's, they're loose, they rattle, but still shoot like a dream.

Colts would be a first class.
    Taurus are like a economy during high season
    I know they're highly regarded in Pak, however I consider them economy because even though they are a little more expensive than Norinco's and are finished nicer,
    the Norc's are known for the quality of their frames and forged parts whereas Taurus uses MIM(metal injection molded) parts. Also, see the comment above
    Actually we don't have too many 1911 options in a reasonable price range. that's a main reason for them being popular. Even the Norc 1911A1 is no where to be seen here. We only have the NP44, that too is not very commonly available.
    Before you embark on a journey of Revenge, dig two graves - Confucius (504 BC)
    102nd Chairborne Rangers, Special Forums Operator Delta, The Keyboard Commandos

Fudge bro - You are missing out. Seriously try one you will be surprised. I promise you that much.

I have personally shot both the DW and the Kimber many times. At times I can swear the Kimber is not even in the same league. Even our very own Glockaholic had the same opinion.

- Usman

Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Salam All,
    @Fudgepacker - a very well thought out sentiment also shared by me. DW 1911 is a great gun for whats available in the market here. I wish there were other options out here too... but there aren't any hence DW for us is a great piece.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

Supreme Member
    Moeen bro, I've been waiting to hear for you! Have you seen this post... http://www.pakguns.com/showthread.ph...s-here)/page24 ...(#480). Ever thought about that? I was thinking if anyone can make that a reality, it would be you
    Last edited by Fudgepacker; 19-08-2014 at 11:51 AM.

(Thomas Jefferson)

Member Emeritus
    Oh sure why not !!!!! Moeen Bhai can do it.. its piece of cake for him.

Being Big & Sexy... I am anywhere I wanna be
    Salam All,
    @Fudgepacker - great minds do think alike. I have spoken to someone. Unfortunately with current events I have to wait to finalize the deal for three pieces I have already designed on paper...
    Imagine: full length dust cover, no front slide bevel, warren tactical style sights, commander hammer, extended mag rel., button, checkered front and rear strap, a magwell with magazine base pads, guide rod, walnut grips, front and rear slide serrations, threaded 1/2x28 barrel with comp (one piece will be muzzle weighted), and finally a humble beavertail...

@Aquarius - thank you for the confidence and the nice compliment bro.
    \"In a world of compromise... Some Don\'t!\" Heckler & Koch

\"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.\" Bill of Rights - 2 Amendment of the Constitution of U.S.

Supreme Member
    Now that sounds cool!! Please keep me posted, I'd be very interested in seeing your finished product.

(Thomas Jefferson)