Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Review: Dan Wesson Valor .45 ACP

Congratulations Abbas Bahi

@Mitho: I bought it from the US the last time I as there. Have not seen any good quality holsters here.

Congratulations Abbas Bhai and Usman Bro on nice purchase.
    "Apologizing does not mean that you are wrong and the other one is right... It simply means that you value the relationship much more than yourego"

Quote Originally Posted by Abbas View Post
    @Glockaholic Have to travel a bit these days due to work reasons but in town for a couple of weeks. If you can make it to ISB GTG coming up, would be great to see you.
    Would love to meet you guys in the ISB GTG, when you guys plan to have ISB GTG?
    If Guns cause crime, mine must be defective.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    The Dan Wesson Valor is indeed a very fine gun. The finish is meticulous and the Ceramic coat finish makes it unscratchable. The Straight 8 Tritium sights and the Micarta grips make it such a well finished gun that it competes with any of the top end guns favourably.
    The trigger is crisp and the fit of barrel to bushing and slide is as good as on any 4000 USD custom gun.
    I happened to shoot Abbas's valor and and despite the old military surplus ammo of Vietnam era the gun functioned flawlessly and the accuracy was good.
    If I were to carry a .45 it would be a DW Valor it is so neat and snug and not oversized.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    The little rubber thing is the "Shok Buff" shock buffer to prevent the slide from getting battered too much. Some times it does cause problems as pointed out by Moeen Bhai and could be thrown away but in my Gold Cup (Alas) I sold it, the buff got beaten and shrunk to the proper size after about 50 or more rounds and then the slide would hold open after the last round.

congrats on the new piece abbas, 1911 is a icon n to find a good 1911 in lhr is just great....happy shooting n keep on frequently writing the great reviews!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whats National Traders contact info? do they have a good range of accessories as well?

brother abbas this is real beauty,
    fakhr e alam told me that u purchased that pistol, since then i ws waitng for its review...
    brother me and my friend omar place this baby more high than colt commander

After Abbas Bhai review i checked with Fakhr e alam and there were only two black valor before and both sold. He has only ss left. I would've bought the weapon if black was available. BTW the following review of this fine weapon is by far the best reveiw or pics i've ever seen. Check it out.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=270748

regards

what a beauty....

@ Abbas bhai Congratulations.. 1911 . 45 is the best hand gun........

Any ideas if any other dealer has them?

PakGuns Photographer Moderator! Naveed_pk's Avatar
    @ Glock5 available at National traders ( fakhre alam ) but only in SS finish

Regards
    "It's better to have firearm and not need it than to need one and not have it."

Blog Entries
    @Trigger Happy, Mani, SIqbal, Arafat, Glock5, AsifJhammat, Krazy009, UmerButt Thank you.

Put some more rounds though the gun this past weekend and have to say it is exhibiting CZ like traits, a little uptight at first but once broken in (around 350 rounds) becomes smooth as silk. The trigger improved quite a bit and the finger biting almost went away. I adjusted my grip angle a bit and took off and refitted the VZ grips, this made the recoil much more manageable.

Also tested the slide locking back with both mags as asked by Aquarius and works perfect no issue with both Armscor and S&B.

On another note, Skeeter sahib was quite right to have me disassemble my gun at the range and lube with it grease instead of oil. It needs / requires a healthy dose of it.

Blog Entries
    Also I would like to add to this thread the differences between the models of the 1911's. This applies not only to DW but to all 1911.

Government Model: Full Frame with 5 Inch Barrel.

Commander Model: Mid Size frame with 4.25 / 4.3 Inch Barrel.

Officers Model: Short Frame with 3.5 Inch Barrel.

As for difference in velocity between the Government and the Commander, from what I've read it's about 50 fps less for the Commander on average. But InshAllah me and Skeeter sahib plan to test it out on our own soon.

PakGuns Expert Panel
    Yes we will mike the velocities with a chronograph and post.
    By the way the .45 ACP is very forgiving in barrel length vs velocities as the larger the bore the greater the bore efficiency. It loses about 50 ft sec and not more as pointed out by Abbas in case of the 230 gr bullets and a little more in case of lighter 200 or 180 gr bullets.

thanks ...i went there on monday but some how the ss version does not have that look plus NT has jacked up rates by rs 25 k, guess he must have read abbas's review ...

DW .45 is a highly accurate gun, worth the money.....45 is crazy power!!