Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Opinion: Turkish Shot Guns, Are they any good?

Banned
    What model of Sarsalimaz? How's Stoeger? There is no point in having a weapon that only lasts you 3 hunting seasons. If we use 100-200 magnum loads every weekend that means the weapon's likely to expire in less than a month or two.

Besides you need to use the shotgun at skeet just to get the hang of it. What are the chances that the weapon will break if we use lets say about 300-400 a week?

Also do you know anything about the shot pattern that you get from the trukish chokes?

I'm not aware of the exact model number of all the guns, but can be asked.

Stoeger! no 1st hand information.

I think, as u are very much familiar with, hunting season crosses thousands of shots and therefore after three years & couple of thousand shots if its just the firing pin on some pieces that are worth around 50k, can be excused. And it depends on certain factors of handling & usage as well.

As Korean assembled car may not last as long as a Japanese assembled car under the same conditions, but in itself, it will fulfill its obligations towards its existence may be with slightly shorter maintenance intervals as compared to the Japanese counterparts.

For the pattern, I once checked;
    Semi-auto 28" barrel Turkish Puma/Viper
    No. 4 standard Shaheen shots
    @ 25 meters
    Cyl choke..............70% pellets...... 13" group
    Full choke..............70% pellets..... 8" group
    Technically, licensed guns are just like passports; should only be handled by their authorized person. - Tareen

well, there you go. I have been using a remington 1187 semi since the last 15 yrs, but rather sparingly, even then I must have fired off around 20,000 from it. Not a single problem yet. Reading these reviews, i can see i am heading for a failed graph with these turkish guns.
    I also bought a beretta series 687 silver pegion 2 last year and must say its a superb gun.
    Now i have the itch to buy another good gun.
    any suggestions?????

@tareen
    your profile pic is beautiful

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wajahatbeg
    well, there you go. I have been using a remington 1187 semi since the last 15 yrs, but rather sparingly, even then I must have fired off around 20,000 from it. Not a single problem yet. Reading these reviews, i can see i am heading for a failed graph with these turkish guns.
    I also bought a beretta series 687 silver pegion 2 last year and must say its a superb gun.
    Now i have the itch to buy another good gun.
    any suggestions?????
    Your Silver Pigeoin II will last you a decade or two or maybe more. I have a Silver Pigeon IV but I dont like it.

Get your hands on a H&H or a Perazzi. Beretta Perennia series is pretty. SOs... nahhhh I'd rather get something else.

i think stoeger should have a better reputation than other shot guns but ppl didnt use it much so they didnt come accross to know abt it ...basically stoeger was a shotgun company and is supported by franchi and benelli renowned brand and is also gettin famous in US...so if any user of stoeger has any reviews would be appreciated to tell us abt it?

@Glxspk
    Now you got me confused.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Glxspk
    Your Silver Pigeoin II will last you a decade or two or maybe more. I have a Silver Pigeon IV but I dont like it.

Get your hands on a H&H or a Perazzi. Beretta Perennia series is pretty. SOs... nahhhh I'd rather get something else.
    Lol Glxspk.. Only a handful of people on this site can afford a H&H. The OP is asking for a Rs. 40,000 gun and you're telling him about a Rs. 10,000,000 K gun :P

Perhaps you can 'donate' one to El Cause e PakGuns :cool:

Banned
    lol, I did not read the whole post.

I thought since he had a SP II and wants something better I thought I'd advise him the best. But I dd refer a Perennia did I not :P

A SP II is already coupla hundred thousand and if he want something like a premium SO series Beretta or maybe a diamond pigeon the cost would be in excess of 1.5 Million so he could add in a few more 100ks and buy a H&H. Obviously he will not get a Royal or Sporting Deluxe but he can get a H&H Badminton or Dominion for in betweel PKR 2-3.5M.

You CAN also get Shot & Regulated Boxlock 12 g for under PKR 1m.

Enthusiast
    I would also put money on the Stoegar as opposed to the others simply because the company is a subsidiary of Beretta.

Enthusiast
    the Stoeger model 2000 (semi-auto)has horrible reviews on the net. P350 pump action has better reputation.
    "Guns don't kill people,people kill people"
    "If guns cause crime,mine must be defective"

Enthusiast
    salaam all members. well i purchased my hatsan camocombo in nov. 06. it comes with two barrels 24" and 28" along with multiple chokes and mag. extentioner. its been three seasons of partridges and ducks and two seasons of quail hunts and two skeet competetions and have fired heavily all sort of ammo without a single malfunction except a few miss fires that other guns also refused to fire. mostly i use 24" with imp. mod. choke (#2) and it gives excellent result on all games. m quite satisfied with this hatsan so far.
    one can not always be a hero but one can always be a man.

Banned
    What is the pattern like?

Enthusiast
    quite satisfying patterns particularly with shots #8 and 7.

Banned
    I'll borrow a Hatson & try it myself.

@Glxspk
    guess what, took your advice to heart abt the H&H. Found one in Lahore which I may be able to aquire. Private owner, mint condition, good price. Wish me Luck!!! :D

Banned
    Which one is it? Do consult me before buying one. I'll hook you up with my Relationship Manager at Holland & Holland who might help you with price evaluation. Also PM me it's serial number and I will get you history on it and it's specs when it was made.

will do sir, thanks for offered help.

Enthusiast
    wish u best of luck wajahatbeg sahib.

Expert Member
    Turkish:
    How good are Viper and Stoeger compared to Maverick?